Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframes from Devstream 122: "Hildrenn" and "Wisp" Feedback and Discussion

___Operator___

18 minutes ago, Revenant0713 said:

I'd like to point out that back in 2016, I expressed my thoughts that we needed a frame with a non-typical body type. Like a fat or disproportionately large frame. And I believe the response was "No. Warframes are meant to be the pinnacle of physique. Not this again. Screw Overwatch for making this a thing."

I don't play Overwatch so I don't know what that was about.

And now we have Hildrenn and I feel a bit immature for digging up something I said years ago but... I knew it was a good idea.

She's not fat nor is "disproportionately large". She is as big as Rhino.

And being muscular makes her "the pinnacle of physique"

Edited by -SDM-NerevarCM
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Castlefrost said:

I do hope they brake patterns. I like the idea of warframe partners or counterparts like hildren to rhino, nidus and wisp, frost and embah and baruuk and garuda.

Making frames that are counterparts to other frames is just another pattern, though. And that's not at all what they are, they're just frames with themes that are opposites or similar with Rhino and the new frame.

Didn't

3 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

Everyone liked to meme Rhino's humongous crotch and physique since the beginning.
A female rhino is bound to be loved, but I think people just wanted to avoid the social justice hype train.

We want a game for us, not a game that pleases the people that like to scream out of the game just for the sake of publicity.
So we "Need" a non-typical body type warframe probably felt like you were trying to push forward with that hype at the moment.
Probably just a bad case of bad timing honestly.

The world practically pushed away that bad trend now so we good.
Bring all your previous ideas to the table, now's the time.

Didn't consider that actually. But... if I originally posted the suggestion because I wanted a larger variety to the looks of the frames. I played since 2013 and save for Rhino, most of the original frames just shared too many similarities. They were either male or female frames. Not much unique flavor to them as far as their body types were concerned.

2 minutes ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

What we really need is a disproportionately small frame. I'll give all of my money for a loli frame, DE.

Nova?

Or Razorwing Titania?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

A female rhino is bound to be loved, but I think people just wanted to avoid the social justice hype train.

Very true for the second half. Social Justice is quite the destructive force and generally does not lead to favourable outcomes in games due to the constraints it tries to place on artistic license. Quite a number of games were destroyed by such.

That being said, a female Rhino caters to a certain population which does not include me. I would personally be a naysayer and just pick the frame up for mastery then never use it again. Everything has its likers and detractors.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

The world practically pushed away that bad trend now so we good.
Bring all your previous ideas to the table, now's the time.

Actually it's not gone yet. The only pressing thing is that people think Hildrenn is Overwatch Zarya, not some embodiment of body positivity.

As much as social justice movements are becoming a joke, it is still a very real problem. I would hope DE avoids flirting that line until it really dies down for good.

Reminds me of when i suggested many years ago of making a cute, polka-dot skin for Nova, or similar skins. The resposne i got was something like ''Warframe is a serious and dark game to have that nonsense'' or something like that.

Well, today, we got Titania and Octavia, both wich are adorbs and got skins to make them even more cute (Tennogen and Octavia's deluxe as well).
How time have changed.

Overall, i find Hildrenn to be an interesting frame and feels more like a response to Swol Lotus meme, but i take it (also i do love the idea of using her shields as energy, unless i missheard it).

48 minutes ago, Revenant0713 said:

I'd like to point out that back in 2016, I expressed my thoughts that we needed a frame with a non-typical body type. Like a fat or disproportionately large frame. And I believe the response was "No. Warframes are meant to be the pinnacle of physique. Not this again. Screw Overwatch for making this a thing."

I don't play Overwatch so I don't know what that was about.

And now we have Hildrenn and I feel a bit immature for digging up something I said years ago but... I knew it was a good idea.

This is what I presume to be the topic you are talking about: 

What you suggested here is an actually fat frame, not a female rhino. A rotund, pudgy obese frame, not a bodybuilder. Stop pretending that you suggested a body type anywhere near along the lines of Hildrenn. Hildrenn's body is at peak physical performance, your suggestion was the literal opposite.

• Like 5

EDIT:  This was in response to a pre-merge thread specifically about how Hildrenn is related to people asking for an overweight frame a while back.

The thing is, nobody ever seemed to ask for, say, a Sumo-themed frame, it was nigh always a fat frame specifically.  People pretty much only asked for "X Frame that panders to X demographic" be it though token representation or outright fetish fuel.  Never did they consider proposing a frame for which the desired style would be appropriate.

It was always "Make a Furry Frame!  Make a Fat Frame!  Make a (third thing that was definitely common but my memory fails me for a specific example) Frame!"

As opposed to "Make a Frame that commands a pack of wolves!  Make a Sumo-themed Frame!  Make a (Rule of Three) Frame!"

One of these can be expanded upon, and can foster constructive discussion.  The other does not.  And one of these was far, far more common than the other.

For that matter, Smough and similar is what was typically given as a reference when people asked for an overweight frame, not Zarya, and I wouldn't call Zarya obese anyway.

Edited by Vox_Preliator
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

No. Muscular.

Actually, both...if you want to “anthropomorphocise” a Sentient-Infested hybrid proxy.

As a “human” she has large wrists, broad shoulders, thick neck, (likely) thicker ankles, etc.  Musculo-skeletal indicators that she is, likely, “big-boned”.

Her build is representative of thick, lean  mass based on her Endo-Mesomorphic body type as well.

The “Big-Bones” reference is likely a Cartman joke, and not meant to be serious but funny.

But hey, if people want to fight over the aesthetics of a weaponized sci-fi puppet, have at thee! 😆

P.S.  She must have a crush on Rhino...his face is part of her shoulder armor.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
  • Like 1