Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframes from Devstream 122: "Hildrenn" and "Wisp" Feedback and Discussion

___Operator___

4 hours ago, BladeFade said:

So I thought Wisp and Hildren were Male and Female. But I see poeple refer to Wisp as she. I'm just wondering if its confirmed they're both "female" ? Does this break the pattern where they make male female warframes after eachother?

They have referred to both as female so it can be assumed that is how it is, it also wouldn't be the first time DE has broken the male female pattern, in fact right now we're actually short one female for a balanced male to female ratio, so this could be a perfect chance to smooth that back out. 

Edited by Cubewano

5 minutes ago, Sibernetika said:

the day we get a loli frame is the day I take my Business elsewhere

I would take a loli frame over Brawn Hildrenn

We already have Nova anyway

4 hours ago, DanteYoda said:

She looks bad... Over muscled "females" are not attractive, even large women are more attractive, Honestly i hope she plays well and tennogen to the rescue imo..

Ah... you do know personal taste is a thing? While I'm not fully attracted to hyper-muscular females, I do find a degree of muscle to be sexy. Granted, there is an average taste in regards to sexual attraction, under which the muscular female would probably not fit, but that is not to say it is niche.

Not to mention, the frame doesn't have to be sexually attractive. Personally, I find Hildrenn to be badass. I was gaping like a moron at her reveal. DE could have easily designed the hulking frame as a dude, but trope-subversion is more interesting. To compensate they made Wisp, the antithesis of a body-builder. So it's a two-way street. You get the hulking mass of muscle on the one hand and the scrawny rogue on the other.

Disclaimer: I don't give a $hit about diversity. I just like badass characters.

Edited by Tellakey
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Vennikyo said:

Whooooosh. Completely missed the point.

Did you watch the devstream?

Did you hear what was said at all?

Shield based, no energy, buff warframe with biggest gun possible that is mainly a support with "some" offensive capabilities.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably IS a duck.

Telling others that they are missing the point while talking about gameplay aspects of a character in an appearance focused thread ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 hours ago, Wolfdoggie said:

Lotta the female WFs have the same body type and it's boring. Hildrenn is the first Female WF reveal I've actually found interesting in a long time.

I want my murder vessels to look strong/athletic. ;o

Smolt would fill that role perfectly as a Volt Deluxe skin.

Hide contents

DvSd07iWkAAbvmW.jpg

That is so adorable....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Agrissa88 said:

Not really have opinion on her but the body is a bit too thicc.

I would like to have this frame instead warframe___sharona___chan_by_redskittlez

I see no issue with her, she's perfect. I should actually make another warframe, I made one called Xxineria and she's not tall but she's not this short.

I think it would be lovely if DE actually took the ideas of all of the Tenno's who created their own frames

and create new frames with the help of the Tenno's ideas and drawings and base some of the new ones on that chosen Tenno's ideas

if the community likes it and it isn't too godlike or insane that makes it seem like an undestructable God like some of the personal frames I've seen are.

To see a warframe a Tenno helped DE built would be honorable.

19 minutes ago, xzilania said:

I think it would be lovely if DE actually took the ideas of all of the Tenno's who created their own frames

and create new frames with the help of the Tenno's ideas and drawings and base some of the new ones on that chosen Tenno's ideas

if the community likes it and it isn't too godlike or insane that makes it seem like an undestructable God like some of the personal frames I've seen are.

To see a warframe a Tenno helped DE built would be honorable.

And yes we need something like that,because after all we players will play with them and this is what is mostly important...

8 hours ago, Revenant0713 said:

I'd like to point out that back in 2016, I expressed my thoughts that we needed a frame with a non-typical body type. Like a fat or disproportionately large frame. And I believe the response was "No. Warframes are meant to be the pinnacle of physique. Not this again. Screw Overwatch for making this a thing."

I don't play Overwatch so I don't know what that was about.

And now we have Hildrenn and I feel a bit immature for digging up something I said years ago but... I knew it was a good idea.

Exactly - because "fat or disproportionately large" people are exactly what is required for space ninjas with superpowers. :facepalm:

How many obese people do you see in the military? Because thats what we're talking about here...people trained (or in WF's case - genetically altered) to be the ultimate fighting machines.

So I most definitely say "screw that SJW crap". 

If thats what you want to see in a video game, try pitching an idea to a developer where fat or oddly-shaped people are exactly what is required.

As far as I'm concerned video games are a form of escape, where perfection is possible and I can do / be all sorts of things.

I can see normal people IRL every day. Why would I want to see them in a video game?

Edited by FlusteredFerret
  • Like 2

Because Overwatch totally came up with the idea of a bulky woman with a big gun.

Oh wait, I remember seeing those back in UT and Quake.

Edited by Guest

Art teams are influenced by other art teams...Maybe Minky is playing Overwatch right now...and that's his main...De has always been pretty upfront on wanting to lift ideas from other games that might benefit Warframe..from the Kingpin System and Shadows of Mordor to Lunaro and Rocket League...I know DeRebecca and everyone who watched the K/DA music video wants a Alkali Warframe...and any tennogen who can pull it off skirting past a "cease and desist" will win the community...

9 hours ago, Revenant0713 said:

Like a fat or disproportionately large frame.

Hildrenn is jacked to f**k. She isn't fat. She's at the "pinnacle of physique". It looks like more of the same to me, which is great. Warframes are supposed to be brick sh*thouses of power and making one that isn't would be just stupid. Even the small ones like Nezha are still large in comparison to our boperators and enemies and strike an imposing figure when using their powers.