Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframes from Devstream 122: "Hildrenn" and "Wisp" Feedback and Discussion

___Operator___

7 minutes ago, NodDragon said:

Fine, what about this then. Both Harrow and Valkyr can spent their shields. Harrow can use Penance to heal himself and teammates and Valkyr can use Paralysis to stun and damage enemies, so nothing surprising about another warframe that can use its shield for something more than taking damage given it has been in the game since 2013.

See, you can do it. Was it really too hard to include all those counter arguments in a single post, earlier?

Just for the reference, I don't actually think Hildren's ripping off Zarya (she might be inspired slightly by her, tbh, but not ripping off). All I wanted to do is to fix the fact people didn't address every point in OPs argument. Now that you've done so, I'm satisified.

40 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

See, you can do it. Was it really too hard to include all those counter arguments in a single post, earlier?

Just for the reference, I don't actually think Hildren's ripping off Zarya (she might be inspired slightly by her, tbh, but not ripping off). All I wanted to do is to fix the fact people didn't address every point in OPs argument. Now that you've done so, I'm satisified.

Good, we have come to an agreement then. I will also just apologies if I have sounded... harsh or anything like that, I have got less than 5 hours of sleep the last 2 days, so my mood is low.

Regarding the "ripping off" I would say a lot of the desions for Hildrenn makes sense. No new archgun have been introducted for a long time and with the new archgun system DE got another option for "speciel" weapons for their warframes and reason for more archguns. The reason for her to be female makes sense as Rhino already is the big muscle guy, so to make a new big muscle warframe more different from Rhino, female is a good way to do so. Using shields for casting abilities, well as I mentioned earlier Valkyr and Harrow can spend shield (and energi) for different things, there are some warframe that can spend health for abilites (Nekros with Despoil, Chorma with Vex Armour as health damage taken increases damage done to enemies, Garuda can convert health to energi using Bloodletting, but it makes sense that the use of health for abilities is not commenly used instead of energy as health is really important), but not a lot is done regarding the entire shield for anything else than taking damage (Sure Vex Armour converts shield damage taken to armour, but with Valkyr and Harrow, that is only 3 warframes and 3 abilites in total).

Lastly, nothing really with the discussion at all, but I am looking forward to se how Brief Respite is going to work (Brief Respite afterall converts spent energi to shield).

Edited by NodDragon

4 minutes ago, NodDragon said:

will also just apologies if I have sounded... harsh or anything like that, I have got less than 5 hours of sleep the last 2 days, so my mood is low.

Nope, no offense taken nor felt. No need to apologize.

4 minutes ago, NodDragon said:

No new archgun have been introducted for a long time and with the new archgun system DE got another option for "speciel" weapons for their warframes and reason for more archguns.

Totally true.

5 minutes ago, NodDragon said:

he reason for her to be female makes sense as Rhino already is the big muscle guy, so to make a new big muscle warframe more different from Rhino, female is a good way to do so.

Frankly, I like her looks, muscle-woman is a completely new body type in warframe.

6 minutes ago, NodDragon said:

Using shields for casting abilities, well as I mentioned earlier Valkyr and Harrow can spend shield (and energi) for different things, there are some warframe that can spend health for abilites (Nekros with Despoil, Chorma with Vex Armour as health damage taken increases damage done to enemies, Garuda can convert health to energi using Bloodletting, but it makes sense that the use of health for abilities is not commenly used instead of energy as health is really important), but not a lot is done regarding the entire shield for anything else than taking damage

Also true. I actually forgot Valkyr uses shields on her 3.

7 minutes ago, NodDragon said:

Lastly, nothing really with the discussion at all, but I am looking forward to se how Brief Respite is going to work (Brief Respite afterall converts spent energi to shield).

A good question. I wonder what her energy bar is gonna do, if even anything.

When I saw Hildrenn on the devstream I thought it was a male warframe. I did not notice she was female until the devs started saying "she" and "her". Nothing wrong with female frames with big proportions but I think her torso is so thick (front and back) and her breasts are so difficult to notice (mostly because of the design and shape) that every time I look at her I get the feeling she was originally a male frame but then a decision was made to make her female (like what happened to Ember only Ember turned out fine in my opinion). Again, nothing wrong with the design idea. I'm not a huge fan of the execution but I don't expect to like everything DE makes. I'm also glad the devs listened to the players who were asking for this kind of warframe.

Wisp's concept art looks cool. I'm hoping she's either a ghost/wraith or a wizard. The only minor criticism I have about her is that the shapes on her armor (the purple plates) look very similar to Saryn's deluxe skin. Especially the stomach and legs.

• Like 1

It always makes me laugh when people get so hung up on things like legs, bums & boobs.

These things are deformed human / Helminth monstrosities, created for the sole purpose of combat. Why do you even care what their proportions are?

But then I don't get the whole fashionframe thing either, so...

As long as you can kick a lot of butt with it, I'll be happy...

I like buff girls and I cannot lie.

You otha operators can't deny.

That when a girl walks in wit' a big pair of guns an'

An 8-pack in yo face, You get SPRUNG ❤️

But seriously, I grew up in sports and martial arts communities, so my tolerance for when things become "too much" is pretty high. That MASSIVE strap-on, though..... Not... Not into that.

• Like 1

They said they are working on multiple frames. Khora-Revenant-Garuda-Baruuk was the latest frames and except Khora all came relatively fast so this is 4 frame. They said now they are working on 3 frame and 2 frames was teased one is Hildren the bulky lady and wisp whom also looks like a lady but I suppose the pattern wont be broken unless they will make 2 male frame after them. 

My bet is there is a secret male frame which will come between Hildren and Wisp just like how Nidus came from the nothing basically they does not mentionned him and the quest so it was a surprise effect. I suppose they want to do it with the mysterious third frame which was not teased yet and will come in between the two releases.

Also I do not mind her body since the first frames were more human like and simple and after they released frames with weird bodies. If Hildren will be fun to play and have a mechanic or other option to her to be protected by toxin damage then she will be strong. The no energy is a bit weird but at first nobody could imagine a frame which has no shields and then we got Inaros and Nidus whom say hi to all. 

Also a full shield based frame not a silly idea but as the current damage system is works it is a bit hard to imagine how these frames will be viable unless the shields will get some treatement and won't be bypassed by slash procs, toxin, other elements.

• Like 5

Just now, HugintheCrow said:

Wasn't wisp confirmed to be female?

Can someone clarify?

On the image what I have seen she is clearly a female one but I was not on the forums when they mentionned this frame concept. So currently it seems DE will break the pattern again unless they will release a male frame between these two ladies.

• Like 3

2 часа назад, Monochromeatic сказал:

Just for clarity sake's I don't have an issue with her being large or muscular, I just think her chest is too small in comparison to the rest of her.

Problem's not that she's muscular. Problem's she looks like its a midget on steroids. All ratios are completely scewed. It's a caricature. The one you would expect to meet in series like One punch man which is also a parody. Like cmon seriously, even Rhino is less thicc, he looks proportional. This thing doesn't. Looks like inflated baloon on short inflated legs.

Edited by -Temp0-
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Karinia said:

They said they are working on multiple frames. Khora-Revenant-Garuda-Baruuk was the latest frames and except Khora all came relatively fast so this is 4 frame. They said now they are working on 3 frame and 2 frames was teased one is Hildren the bulky lady and wisp whom also looks like a lady but I suppose the pattern wont be broken unless they will make 2 male frame after them.

They could be compensating for the Wukong/Nezha release

Also that would be kind of funny considering Nezha is the complete opposite of Hildren

10 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Problem's not that she's muscular. Problem's she looks like its a midget on steroids. All ratios are completely scewed. It's a caricature. The one you would expect to meet in series like One punch man which is also a parody. Like cmon seriously, even Rhino is less thicc, he looks proportional. This thing doesn't. Looks like inflated baloon on short inflated legs.

Warframes aren't exactly known for having accurate proportions.

Have you seen Atlas? Nekros? Octavia?

• Like 3

Цитата

Warframes aren't exactly known for having accurate proportions.

Have you seen Atlas? Nekros? Octavia?

There's a line between looking like a fictional character and looking like a clown from tumblr. Because thats what that thicc reminds me of. A drawing of a politically correct female character from tumblr.

And for the record, I hate Octavias design and dont like Atlas', but that doesnt come even close to this new "warframe". And since we're on that topic, most new warframes can be described by one term. Degradation:

If you will look at first generation of warframes, and the last you will notice that the longer it goes the more ridiculous they look. No longer you get frames like Excalibur, Valkyr or Ash, no longer you can actually believe that its just a mutated soldier human. New warframes mostly look runaways from a freak parade. Nidus here is an exception.

28 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

There's a line between looking like a fictional character and looking like a clown from tumblr. Because thats what that thicc reminds me of. A drawing of a politically correct female character from tumblr.

And for the record, I hate Octavias design and dont like Atlas', but that doesnt come even close to this new "warframe". And since we're on that topic, most new warframes can be described by one term. Degradation:

If you will look at first generation of warframes, and the last you will notice that the longer it goes the more ridiculous they look. No longer you get frames like Excalibur, Valkyr or Ash, no longer you can actually believe that its just a mutated soldier human. New warframes mostly look runaways from a freak parade. Nidus here is an exception.

I don't have so much problems with her design but that is sure as Mynki left and others from the stuff and the new frames are plainly different visions. I like Octavia but her legs are weird and look like a robotic limb than a normal leg. Also she has no breast and she is very flat but her deluxe skin is so different. Looks like a different frame like an Imp. I like her helmet for example and I think Khora and Garuda looks good aswell. Except that Khora needs more muscle on her upper arm because that immersion breaker a bit.

I am hoping they will add more of the first generation look like frames in the future aswell. I do not hate the new ones but more variation and theme needs here.

Цитата

I am hoping they will add more of the first generation look like frames in the future aswell.

I hope so but honestly, those released even if they're passable like Garuda look nothing like first gen. No more slick, simple, realistic designs for you.

• Like 2

I kind of like how Hildren looks. The male warframes have a variety of body types. You've got swole Rhino, shonen protagonist Excal, bone daddies Nekros and Inaros, dadbod Baruuk etc. On the other hand most of the female frames look like supermodels. Buff bodybuilder female frame is definitely a refreshing change of pace.

Having said that, she looks too much like a robot in my opinion. I miss the organic, living metal kind of aesthetic. I'd give Hildrenn a 6/10

Wisp, on the other hand, looks very, very good.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Andruunicul said:

Can anybody help me translate the inscription on Hildryn abbs?? it's in orokin and I tried to translate it but I can't , you can clearly see the inscription in the devstream at 41:16 , I really want to see what does it mean, the word tattooed on her abbs

Pretty sure that translates to "Death By Snu-snu!"