Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something I'd love to see happen...

Collaborations! It would be awesome, imagine each console got their own unique items based on a game on that console like a set of Spartan armor for Excalibur on Xbox or a Chozo arm cannon from metroid, or just other unique stuff thrown in from other games. I'd love to see stuff like soul edge thrown in with a new heavy blade stance,  or a keyblade, the possibilities are endless! Plus of course the other games would get stuff too, like an excal armor for chief in halo 5 or a Skana for kratos, and so on! It would give warframe a really good boost in interest by people who don't play or haven't heard of it even, plus give current players some cool new stuff to play with!

I would pay plats for an orange hazard suit for the Operator and a Crowbar one-handed sword skin on the Steam version.

It would be just about the closest we're going to get to Ole' Gaben finally learning to count to 3.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

How about NO to exclusives.

They already exist, and your console friends are spending more money on Warframe also. 

I just find less reason to it without cross platform. I would love to show my exclusive fashion frame in game with other exclusive stuff from others. 

But as a full design.. We can kiss any actually gameplay goodbye. 

Nintendo would always win though. All of the Pokemon companion skins... 

• Like 1

vor 5 Stunden schrieb (PS4)SCP-100912:

[...] or just other unique stuff thrown in from other games. [...]

Unique. That's the point. Warframe itself has a unique setup in gameplay and and design. IMO it would ruin this uniqueness.

Beside that thousands of people would be mad about getting some weird anime stuff. NO!

Edited by Birkenhoff

1 hour ago, Birkenhoff said:

Unique. That's the point. Warframe itself has a unique setup in gameplay and and design. IMO it would ruin this uniqueness.

Beside that thousands of people would be mad about getting some weird anime stuff. NO!

Exactly. Games remain unique by having their own gear...not by bringing in stuff from other games.

If folks want to play with stuff from Metroid or whatever...go play those games.

To paraphrase our Prime Minister...Warframe means Warframe... :wink:

55 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

How dare you tell someone to play a different game, that's impossible in the eyes of the forums.. 😂

Lol.

I mean I wouldn't be against skins that make weapons look like stuff from other games, but many Warframes & weapons have lore behind them and their abilities, stats etc. are balanced (officially) for the game. Bringing in actual weapons / units / characters from other franchises could ruin that.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

as someone who also plays Monster Hunter, which has done many Collabs (Devil May Cry, Megaman, Assassin's Creed: Origins and more), I'm gonna root for the opposite side. yes, some might claim it breaks immersion, but collabs can be fun, and would also give players something to do. they aren't really something that you're supposed to take seriously, just a bit of fun; we've already crossed that line with things like Peculiar Mods and Floofs, DE have proven with these that even they don't take the game 100% seriously, and IMO taking yourself too seriously is a bad thing. life isn't worth living if you can't see the funny side, you know.

as with anything, it would be a matter of how a collaboration is done, and done right it would make for a nice little content drop. cosmetics only would probably be the most sensible option, as then it's nothing that affects game play directly. I think The Darkness 2 would be a good starting point: DE published that game, and it would be kind of neat to have a Syandana that has the serpent heads of the Darkness on it.

TLDR: collabs can work if they are done right. the best way i can see it being done in warframe is a small event (reused assets ofc) that awards some cosmetics themed around the crossover. it works for MHW, I think it could work for warframe, at least if people are willing to throw "muh immershun" to one side for a second.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

as someone who also plays Monster Hunter, which has done many Collabs (Devil May Cry, Megaman, Assassin's Creed: Origins and more), I'm gonna root for the opposite side. yes, some might claim it breaks immersion, but collabs can be fun, and would also give players something to do. they aren't really something that you're supposed to take seriously, just a bit of fun; we've already crossed that line with things like Peculiar Mods and Floofs, DE have proven with these that even they don't take the game 100% seriously, and IMO taking yourself too seriously is a bad thing. life isn't worth living if you can't see the funny side, you know.

as with anything, it would be a matter of how a collaboration is done, and done right it would make for a nice little content drop. cosmetics only would probably be the most sensible option, as then it's nothing that affects game play directly. I think The Darkness 2 would be a good starting point: DE published that game, and it would be kind of neat to have a Syandana that has the serpent heads of the Darkness on it.

TLDR: collabs can work if they are done right. the best way i can see it being done in warframe is a small event (reused assets ofc) that awards some cosmetics themed around the crossover. it works for MHW, I think it could work for warframe, at least if people are willing to throw "muh immershun" to one side for a second.

Well peculiar mods and floofs are still unique to Warframe and serve a purpose...even if not especially useful ones.

Its one thing adapting certain styles / objects etc. to your game. Its another completely to introduce characters and objects from other franchises, that have no reason whatsoever for being there.

Also Monster Hunter is a totally different kind of game. It basically does what it says on the tin. Nothing like the kind of lore or complexity of the Tennoverse, right? So you can plonk pretty much any character in there and while it might look odd and possibly break the immersion somewhat, its not going to look as utterly ridiculous as say, seeing Guybrush Threepwood taking down Tyl Regor.

Aside from the immersion issue (and I like my immersion, thanks) - how the hell would you balance them to fit in the Warframe universe? Especially if DE ever implemented a PvP mode that people actually wanted to play?

15 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Aside from the immersion issue (and I like my immersion, thanks)

Spoiler

d02b1639f497cd19cedaa3b796dbb46c.png

Is seeing one of these really less immersive than seeing something from a different franchise, even if it's a skin? Because I happen to love my melted crayon Nidus and I play him pub sometimes

12 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I dunno I keep reading the words, but my brain translates it to say "Something I'd love to see happen... DE getting sued into bankruptcy for copyright infringement!"

😐

Keep reading the words again. A collaboration would be DE and another company agreeing to all of this, there would be consent from those companies involved.

21 minutes ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

Keep reading the words again. A collaboration would be DE and another company agreeing to all of this, there would be consent from those companies involved.

And you think that is going to happen, because DE is well known for having tons of money to dump into its legal department to ensure that they don't get screwed? 

Actually think about what you're asking for. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I dunno I keep reading the words, but my brain translates it to say "Something I'd love to see happen... DE getting sued into bankruptcy for copyright infringement!"

😐

There would have to be legally binding agreements, of course.

This isn't completely foreign territory for DE, as they have similar agreements in place with Nintendo, Sony & Microsoft, for those versions of the game.

That said, I still don't like the idea of crossovers...unless there is some logical reason for two separate gaming universes to merge.

Guess that stems from my days writing BattleTech fanfics, where I quickly found out that if you don't adhere to canon literature, or at least give compelling, logical reasons for alternate timelines, your material will get bashed pretty hard.

34 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

This isn't completely foreign territory for DE, as they have similar agreements in place with Nintendo, Sony & Microsoft, for those versions of the game.

There's a world of difference between offering them a cut of your profits for carrying your IP, and trying to convince them that they should give you (even limited) access to their highly profitable IP. 

This isn't like fan fiction, which is usually covered by fair use, because 1)most folks never make a dime from the fanfic, and 2)most fanfics are complete trash. Don't think for a second that if you had made a truly fantastic, marketable piece of work, that the rights holders wouldn't be interested in finding a way to make money from it. Look at what just went down with Disney. If another major player hadn't stepped in, they would still be monetising it. 

Whenever you see a crossover in a major IP, bet your bottom dollar that multiple teams of lawyers made a large sum of money, and chances are that someone will still end up getting screwed over. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And you think that is going to happen, because DE is well known for having tons of money to dump into its legal department to ensure that they don't get screwed? 

Actually think about what you're asking for. 

I'm not asking for it or saying I think it'll happen, I'm saying the idea is that both parties would agree to it so there's no legal screwing or lawsuits. I said the idea would be cool, but I don't expect it to ever happen.

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

There's a world of difference between offering them a cut of your profits for carrying your IP, and trying to convince them that they should give you (even limited) access to their highly profitable IP. 

This isn't like fan fiction, which is usually covered by fair use, because 1)most folks never make a dime from the fanfic, and 2)most fanfics are complete trash. Don't think for a second that if you had made a truly fantastic, marketable piece of work, that the rights holders wouldn't be interested in finding a way to make money from it. Look at what just went down with Disney. If another major player hadn't stepped in, they would still be monetising it. 

Whenever you see a crossover in a major IP, bet your bottom dollar that multiple teams of lawyers made a large sum of money, and chances are that someone will still end up getting screwed over. 

I wasn't trying to compare this situation to writing fanfic. I was just stating that my feelings towards crossovers are probably coloured slightly by my experiences. They CAN work in certain situations, if treated properly. But most of the time they come off as horribly contrived and generally lame.

Of course I am aware that artistic integrity is one of the first casualties whenever there's money to be made...

Edited by FlusteredFerret

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not talking about adding in super crazy stuff like Gordon Freeman as a warframe or anything, but weapon skins or armor pieces or syandanas, or operator cosmetics that can be from other games, like some armor that looks like Spartan armor from halo, or something. We basically already have cosmetics that are based on other games like the smelter operator suit is a nod to dead space. I just thought it would be cool to have stuff like a soul calibur skin for heavy blades, or another nod to dead space and add a plasma cutter, or a lightsaber skin, stuff like that.