Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Way to treat new players like garbage

GoatzilIa

2 minutes ago, GoatzilIa said:

lol guess i have to wait til tomorrow, unless I d/c or game crashes during mastery rank test. Then it'll be 2 days of waiting.

Tssss.... don't be so pessimistic, MR2 test is easy... but you can always go to Cephalon Simaris room on relay (that's a space station in earth orbit).

Just go to the space station, then sec>fast travel>Cephalon Simaris and you will find the MR tests in a "hallway" on the right side of the room and just practice it once. You might as well check out the relay while you are up there. 

2 minutes ago, NeoJezisJosephCortez said:

Just wait till you get to the MR11 test... you think THIS is bad. MR11 test will have you tearing your hair out for a week.

It's not that the test itself is hard (actually it's incredibly easy). It's the fact that I have to wait 24hrs to take the next MR test that pisses me off. Oh, and if you fail it for some dumb reason (d/c'd, game crashes or freezes, etc) you have to wait another 24hrs to retake the test.

20 minutes ago, GoatzilIa said:

That's why I made this post because I'm waiting for my 24hr baby cage to be removed so that i can play the game again and make some progress. I just wanted to point out what I think is a design flaw that should be removed so that players can play at their own pace and not be placed in a baby cage at #*!%en master rank 1. I'll see what other guns i can get at this rank, but the market sucks

The Primary weapons you can presently get are: Braton (MK1), Burston, Hind, Latron, MK1-Paris, Snipetron and MK1-Strun for mr 0 and Karak and Strun for mr 1.

The Secondaries are:Bronco, MK1-Furis, Kraken, MK1-Kunai, Lato and Seer for MR 0 with none currently having an MR 1 lockout.

Melees have Amphis, Ankyros (Prime), Bo (MK1), Cadus, Cronus, Dark Dagger, Dark Sword, Dex Dakra, Dual Ether, Dual Heat Swords, Dual Skana, Ether Daggers, Ether Sword, Fang(Prime), Furax (MK1, Wraith), Heat Dagger, Heat Sword, Karyst, Kestrel, Kogake, Lecta, Mire, Nami Skyla, Nami Solo, Nikana Prime, Ninkondi, Obex (Prisma), Plasma Sword, Shaku, Sheev, Sigma & Octantis, Silva & Aegis and Skana ( Prisma) at MR 0 Edit: Whoops, forgot MR 1: Dual Kamas, Glaive, Jaw Sword, Kama, Machete (Prisma, Wraith) and Magistar.

The huge amount of available melee's is due to them not having received the balance pass that Primaries and Secondaries have that rebalanced mastery lockouts yet. That'll come over time as DE reworks the entirety of the Melee system into Melee 3.0 (it's already in 2.0 state). Note that the availability of these weapons will vary hugely due to this - for example, Sigma and Octantis is available through the Daily login reward system and thus circumvents MR requirements anyway, and Nikana Prime is presently 'Vaulted' which means that it cannot be earned through in-game means at the moment, although it can be traded for.

The Mk-1 versions of the weapons can be bought for credits in the weapon select screen and area good way to get mastery up early on. That should hopefully give you the weapon variety you're looking for early on.

20 minutes ago, GoatzilIa said:

You can trade? I wish the game would have told me that...

Once you reach mars and take part in a quest called 'stolen dreams' to unlock the area or become part of a 'clan', as well as being MR 2. You can 'earn' the in-game currency, platinum, this way, and many players can acquire slots and the like without paying a dime. And, yes, you do need to purchase inventory slots. DE has to make money to live somehow!

Edited by Loza03
Forgot MR 1

1 minute ago, GoatzilIa said:

It's not that the test itself is hard (actually it's incredibly easy). It's the fact that I have to wait 24hrs to take the next MR test that pisses me off. Oh, and if you fail it for some dumb reason (d/c'd, game crashes or freezes, etc) you have to wait another 24hrs to retake the test.

Oh... you obviously have no idea about the MR11 test my friend 😂😂😂😂 Some are very easy, while some are needlessly hard/difficult and not very intuitive and you will fail it about 50 times before you will pass. You'll know what i mean if you hang around that long to experience it. Just make sure to have some lube ready. 😂😂😂😂

5 minutes ago, NeoJezisJosephCortez said:

Oh... you obviously have no idea about the MR11 test my friend 😂😂😂😂 Some are very easy, while some are needlessly hard/difficult and not very intuitive and you will fail it about 50 times before you will pass. You'll know what i mean if you hang around that long to experience it. Just make sure to have some lube ready. 😂😂😂😂

It really isn't that hard?

It's a simple 'break the targets' test mixed with some running... there's even arrows pointing you where to go?

Plus you can practice from Simaris's room as much as you want before actually taking the tests so you can do it easily.

Edited by Loza03
Spelling mistake

11 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Gotta love how people always manage to complain about something en masse literally after DE has addressed it and says they’re gonna work on it.

It's the community I'm giving my feedback towards mostly, they're the ones who seem to read it anyway.

it's a waste of time, I know. Maybe that's because I want an actual endgame someday and this stupid activity of arguing on the forums, is the only substitute that I can see right now.

6 minutes ago, GoatzilIa said:

You know, the only reason why 24 hours exists at all, is to stop people from advancing too fast through MR, which I guess I can kind of accept, even though it's ludicrous at the lowest possible ranks in the game and I stand by that thought.

The thing about 24 hours also applying to failure is the issue here and the issue is, there's a lack of hard challenges in the game, which is why people tend to say "you want everything handed to you", even though the requirements of achieving a new MR couldn't be further from that, as it requires lots of weapons / warframes to level, there's also this, thing, that you gotta have a penalty for it.

I guess you do, but isn't 24 #*!%ing hours overdoing it, Just A Little?.. this is why I said before, if MR cooldowns scaled with your MR number, you'd have endless tries on MR 0 to 1 Test, 1 hour cooldown on MR 1 to 2 test, 10 hours cooldown on MR 10 to 11 test, then get back to 20 hours cooldown for MR 20 to 21 test and so on.

That and, the whole point of the challenging aspect of it, as well as test, is rendered kind of moot by the Practice mode at Cephalon Simaris.

These aren't things people don't know, these are just things people argue about a lot, because rabble rabble. or something, Idk.. It's like they don't trust the Devs' judgment on player feedback.

5 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

It's a simple 'break the targets' test mixed with some running... there's even arrows pointing you where to go?

Plus you can practice from Simaris's room as much as you want before actually taking the tests so you can do it easily.

It wasn't for me, but I wouldn't be surprised if some people found its low timer and small gap for error restrictive. MR 11 is definitely not an easy test in any case.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

It's a simply 'break the targets' test mixed with some running... there's even arrows pointing you where to go?

It was hard for me. Im not that great and jumping and know where to jump. double jump or bullet jump and end up falling off the map. I did do the sims about 50 odd times and i failed it most times till I watched a youtube video on how to do it. Even then i stlll failed 99% of times. thank god i dont have to go do it again. I was stuck trying to past the test for 2 weeks.

The way warframe handles often feels very clunky. Like you cant just go into an instant reverse if youre moving or running forward. your warframe has to swing her huge butt around in a big U-Turn before you can run in the direction you wanted to 5 seconds ago. 

Sometimes I double tap and end up rolling forward or backwards when im not supposed to. 

I cant really explain it.

::EDIT::

There were no arrows at the start. Its pretty much just down to yourself to figure out where to jump and how to jump to the next platform without rolling or falling off it.

after you get past that and run though a little maze part, thats where the arrows are.... thats the ONLY place where the arrows are on that map.

Edited by NeoJezisJosephCortez

21 minutes ago, toxicitzi said:

I guess you do, but isn't 24 #*!%ing hours overdoing it, Just A Little?.. this is why I said before, if MR cooldowns scaled with your MR number, you'd have endless tries on MR 0 to 1 Test, 1 hour cooldown on MR 1 to 2 test, 10 hours cooldown on MR 10 to 11 test, then get back to 20 hours cooldown for MR 20 to 21 test and so on.

See, if it was this way i wouldn't have a problem with it, but instead I'm over here with another 3 hours to go before i can take my next MR test

Whoever runs the Fan Wikis really needs to get some money sent their way from DE.

They're doing DE's Job, of educating new players and documenting game features for them.

I have to wonder if DE is getting complacent because of that fan content covering for them?

Imagine how much worse things would be for new players if the Wiki was gone?

2 часа назад, (PS4)haphazardlynamed сказал:

Whoever runs the Fan Wikis really needs to get some money sent their way from DE.

They're doing DE's Job, of educating new players and documenting game features for them.

I completely agree. The first months of the game were very interesting for me personally, but if there were no wiki ... I would hardly have stayed.

Цитата

New players simply will no longer be. Imho)

7 hours ago, GoatzilIa said:

See, if it was this way i wouldn't have a problem with it, but instead I'm over here with another 3 hours to go before i can take my next MR test

Just so you know any MR you accumulate after maxing a level isn't lost so just do something else for a bit.

17 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I agree, I actually had to look at that test to remember what it was about. 

Dont think of it being particularly difficult, done it on PS4 and PC never even said, oh god here is the mr 11 test and I suck without a controller

i had the Wiki open for quite awhile at first. I think the game does a poor job overall introducing players to the game. I liked the game at first and the experience wasn't negative enough to get me to stop playing. My gaming buddies though lasted 2 hours and left for months, One of them gave it another try but he is fading again as the wait time to build and the wait for this and that started to irritate him again. As of right now I'm building Mesa Prime and have a little over two days to wait. Even after 2000 hours I still get a bit miffed to have to wait 3 days to build a new frame unless i drop the 50 plat. It's a hard balancing act, but sometimes I think DE go a bit overboard with their walls. 

On 2019-02-01 at 4:53 PM, GoatzilIa said:

Just started playing Warframe and I have to say this game is not friendly to new players at all. There is so much that I had to look up on forum posts and the thing that really made me just say "#*!% this game" is the 24hr mastery rank test timer. What a S#&$ty progression system that makes new player have to grind like crazy from the very first minute of playing with no sense of progression. Waiting 24hrs for foundation stuff to finish crafting, being locked to only 3 weapons for the first few ranks, and having very little quests to do and places to go makes me feel like I'm in a #*!%en baby cage where I can only make a baby step of progress every 1-2 days. What an infuriating and pointless grind! Instead of having S#&$ty timers on things and a lack of equipment, add more equipment choices and faster level/rank progression at early levels at least so that people coming from other games (like Destiny) don't quit after the first day of playing.

Once you get to like... MR 6 you won't even notice it because you can't even get enough mastery to rank up in 24 hours unless you spend money.

But I agree, mastery timer is bullS#&$.

If your main complaint is the 24hr timer on the mastery tests then you have nothing to fear. Eventually the amount of gear xp needed for the next mr rank is such that you will hardly be doing a test each day.

As it is the highest mr you need to have access to everything is 15 and at that point trust me that you will no longer care.

Also you can pratice the tests. You should never fail any of them until 9 or so as they are all quite easygoing. There is no penalty for failing pratice runs so go ham and get it right the first time.

You should know to expect time gating mechanics in free to play games by now.

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose

32 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

If your main complaint is the 24hr timer on the mastery tests then you have nothing to fear. Eventually the amount of gear xp needed for the next mr rank is such that you will hardly be doing a test each day.

As it is the highest mr you need to have access to everything is 15 and at that point trust me that you will no longer care.

Also you can pratice the tests. You should never fail any of them until 9 or so as they are all quite easygoing. There is no penalty for failing pratice runs so go ham and get it right the first time.

You should know to expect time gating mechanics in free to play games by now.

This isn't entirely a Time-gating issue though. This is a combination of slightly bad design (at lower levels) mixed with players trying to binge and burn out too quickly on one game. If you are hitting each new MR within a 24 hour period after 5, you should probably take a break. Go outside, play Smash Ultimate, literally anything else.

Warframe is not oxygen, we do not need it to survive every second of our lives.

That said, while the time-gating mechanic is trifling at best, it's annoying at worst. I do however agree with your point: practice those tests before doing them! Seriously, it'll save you heart-ache later, and this is definitely something DE should introduce players to before having them do their first MR test.

Honestly there's a way to solve all of this... just remove timers or significantly reduce them. Like seriously I completely agree with everything the opening post said. This game drives me away many many times a week just because I'm stuck waiting on something. "Yay! I finally got Rhino!" *three seconds later* "3 DAY BUILD!?!?!?!".

As for why they do it, very simple. It gives them plat. People actually do spent plat on speeding things up because the game is incredibly irritating without it. Unfortunately their greed is slowly pushing me away from the game as a whole.

Also, little tip to new players. Expect lots of white knights on the forums.

You guys are asking to "remove" a lot of things you can solve with Platinium... but free. 
"You NEED MR" Fake, i didnt focus on going up on MR till i wanted to get... i think was the Amprex. 
Yes, you NEED to wait a lot of time to unlock new frames, but, in fact, if you dont grind your face off, you should take a good part of that time on finishing the leveling up of your starter frame. Rushing MR is for when you are only farming reputation or focusing on unlocking relics, in the begining you only need to worry on MR if you are trying to "rush" the game or when you are looking for an specific weapon. 
The first frame farmed and crafted was Rhino, so i have the pain of living with 15Armour through a good chunck of the system. Add to that when you have to do the convergence where is Vakyr and noone explains "hey, she has A LOT OF ARMOR, A LOT TON OF ARMOR, maybe bring corrosive..."

Yes, the game isnt the most friendly to new players, but not cause you dont have things to do, is cause it explains... almost nothing to the new player. Maybe if you got carried to full all your starter weapons and the frame to, idk, Hidron is used, you dont feel you are doing something cause you skipped that. Other thing that can help is inviting some friends to figure what is the next step in a group. 
Finally, is a shooter-looter, if you think you are "grinding" at the begining, wait till the "end game"... 

Ok, I get it can be frustrating to fail and have to wait when you just entered the game.

However, people complaining about having to wait for the MR11 test... What's wrong ith you ?! MR11, you should know most of the game ! Why don't you practice ? You have no excuse for having to wait 24 hours multiple times, when you know (or should know) that you can train for MR tests without consequences. You cry for an MR11 test ? I can't wait to have your reactions to MR20+ tests.

To newer players: don't try to rush, and if you fail an MR test (and you will, because it's normal for newbies to be ill prepared, or to face difficult tests), just take the time to understand what you did wrong and how to overcome the test by training at Cephalon Simaris. He's in relays, like Mercury (and on Mercury you will find him at the 2nd floor, you have to take the elevators that look like tubes at the back of the relay). Know that if you ask for help, there will alway be someone ready to help in Warframe. However, if you insult the game or don't try to understand what you did wrong, you probably won't get any help and certainly won't progress until you stop complaining.

On 2019-02-02 at 7:36 AM, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

I have to wonder if DE is getting complacent because of that fan content covering for them?

DE does participate in the wiki, and most ressources in the wiki are available ingame (although not in a very good/accessible way, like relic drops or planets ressources). Does having to check the wiki makes Minecraft bad ? No, and it doesn't make Warframe bad either. You just need to learn, once you're past that you can play as you like