Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Completed 16H team survival (World record), The Bugs we found

--MorganWantsToDie--

Today our squad has finaly competed what we set out to 1 month ago breaking the previous record 14h. Took us 3 tries on 3 weekends and this weekend took us 3 survivals to get it done. This delay was due to a MASSIVE list of bugs and general bad luck ... So I set out to make a list of them so hopefully they can get fixed.

Bug list:

1. Eximus self aply their auras; (Bug present in all missions not only super long survivals)

Spoiler

Certain eximus like arson and caustic have an aura that up to my understanding should only apply to their allies (I'm trusting the wiki and the fact that well its always been like this), but right now they apply that buff to themselves this leads to for example when a arson eximus is around a pack none of them take blast damage (so octavia mallet deals 0 dmg to everything), same with caustic and gas zenistar.

2. Mallet despawns

Spoiler

Pretty straight forward you throw a octavia mallet down it touches the ground and disapears for no reason.

3. Impossibly to use abilities and operator saying ability in use

Spoiler

Any warframe ability (including going into operator) is impossible to use until you revive yourself or if you're lucky throw yourself of the map. In a 16h mission wasting 1 revive every time you get this can become quite a pain.

4. Operator gets stuck in the map and becomes impossible to go on operator

Spoiler

This one is quite weird operator stays in the map even tho you are on warframe and there is no way to go back into operator, reviving and resetting self with map fall does not fix it. https://imgur.com/a/IYri03J

5. Enemies spawn inside walls and floor and MOVE into walls

Spoiler

I feel like it got way worse since the wave of hotfixes in middle January. https://imgur.com/a/qov4mE1

6. When djinn respawns it stays visible even though the owner is invisible until you reproc invis leading to get instantly killed ...

Spoiler

Don't really know if its a bug but it would be quite a nice quality of life to have him spawn invisible if you are at the moment invis, this way don't have to let invis run out and reproc it. Probably gonna die before that with a bombard blast on that djinn killing you  as well.

7. Saryn specter made everyone enemy imune to damage (Really weird one ...)

Spoiler

No clue why it happens only know that it did had to respawn another specter and well that saryn's model remained in the mission for the following hours.

8. Oxium ofspreys don't use the suicide ability ever ...

Spoiler

When running corpus one can chose to not take CP since you expect these drones to kill themselves, well with this bug they don't and they just fly around consuming spawn spots for 50 min.

9. Pathing is generally really bad after these hotfixes, enemies get stuck on top of boxes and they just stop in the middle of the map

Spoiler

Kind of the same as bug 5, feels like it started at around the same time.

10. HOST MIGRATION WITHOUT RECONECT MESSAGE (not lagging or anything just migrates into own session and no reconnect msg)

Spoiler

This one is the true killer of runs, BY FAR, talking on discord no lag no computer freeze no crash nothing, just migrates into own session, at light speed, no time to altf4 no reconnect message ... Basically yet another dead run. Please try and mitigate this problem, since its the only one we cant think of a way out of.

-NOW A MASSIVE ISSUE THAT COMPLETLY GRINDS MY GEARS. 2 WEEK TRADE BANS !!!!!!!

Any survival fissure completed with more than 7h issues a trade ban on the player!!!! I do not know why having 12x7 prime parts at the end of a mission triggers a bot that thinks we are hacking, glitching whatever, BUT IT DOES. So anyone that wants to break that mark is gonna get themselves one of those bans (I've gotten a few it's not really nice). It's frustrating to get penalized over wanting to see what endgame can offer and what challenges a team can overcome. So please please change it.

To whoever is reading don't take this post as a witch hunt but as an honest attempt at bringing these problems to the light. And of all of these bugs the ones that are the most common are number 1, 2, 3, 9, 10 (should have ordered these better); It was however pretty fun to do this run and got a batch of suggestions regarding endurance that popped from this run they are in another thread and in one of the comments

Yet another thing, (SHAMELESS PLUG), any warframe player that wants in the endurance fun (don't be discouraged 2h is also dank endurance and the most common aswell) you can join our community in https://discord.gg/pAdKtRW. You get to find people to run and well you can actually learn quite a lot. 

Edited by --PV--Morgan
  • Like 5

First off, congratulations on your accomplishment. That is awesome.

I have encountered the "ability in use" bug outside of Survival. I sometimes get a version in Plains of Eidolon that will not fix itself when you jump into the water. This is infuriating when you have to waste Void Strike charges during hunts.

The 7-hour endurance mission resulting in a trade ban is an outdated and unjust system. Rewarding players who push themselves with a week long trade ban is disappointing to say the least. If anything, if suspected cheaters are investigated, it should be off their inventory gains, not the mission timer alone.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 4

Yeah its true some of these bugs are probably the accumulation of smaller problems and lags over the hours but some of them especially the eximus bug is everywhere and its so overpowered. It is actually so overpowered that i would actually enjoy it as a feature. Lets be honest when was the last time a arson eximus created deep fear in your heart 😃 

The ability in use could really use a hot fix tho.

Edited by --PV--Morgan

4 has happened to me in a very short survival.  But its only happened once.

3,5,9 Happen OFTEN and everywhere.  Me and a guy were trying to farm Toroids the other day and it was nothing extreme, we were going for 10.  He glitched out after 8 roids and couldnt use abilities.  Enemies getting stuck or just going AFK happens all over the place.  God help you if you dont have some form of enemy radar lol.  

10 I probably see ALOT.  Sanctuary, fissures,  PoE I see people migrate in the middle of missions for no reason.

as for #1...

Arson / Caustic

Heat based attacks and auras

Arson/Caustic Eximus units project a fire resistance aura to their nearby allies, which nullifies all Heat b Fire damage; this aura also extends to combined elemental damage and will nullify the Heat b Fire damage of combined types utilizing it.

Sounds about right to me.

Edited by AXCrusnik

Yes the host migration without message appears in many forms, like the one I had was basically instant took less time to migrate me than it took to alt f4. I really wish they could implement a way of making any host migration just send you to login screen for better chances at reconnect or being able to generate a reconnect code for people that dc so only that one can rejoin the run even with objective completed.

4 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

as for #1...

Sounds about right to me.

Ye the thing is that it did not use to buff himself only his other allies so on mallet dps wise the dmg would go up so high it would first kill him and then the pack but now everyone is immortal. At least this is how it used to happen so something was changed now which one is the supposed way for it to work like now or like before. I really don't know, tho as I said wouldnt mind this being a feature

10 hours ago, --PV--Morgan said:

Ye the thing is that it did not use to buff himself only his other allies so on mallet dps wise the dmg would go up so high it would first kill him and then the pack but now everyone is immortal. At least this is how it used to happen so something was changed now which one is the supposed way for it to work like now or like before. I really don't know, tho as I said wouldnt mind this being a feature

Yeah, they just fixed him not getting his own aura buff. Rad proc 'em and everyone around him dies no problem.

Oxium Ospreys only self-destruct if they hit a player/enemy. If they don't, they don't explode. Not a bug.

Also the bulk of your post belongs in the appropriate Bug Report sections.

Just now, TheGrimCorsair said:

Oxium Ospreys only self-destruct if they hit a player/enemy. If they don't, they don't explode. Not a bug.

Well thats the thing they never do the launching themselves forward so we had a osprey flying on top of our specter and us for about 50 min, and that one i know it was a bug since well 99% of other Ospreys didnt have this, the thing cant self destruct if never does that charge is what I meant. The eximus one well maybe i realy did miss a fix guess ill ask to rewrite a bit of the wiki 😄

10 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Oxium Ospreys only self-destruct if they hit a player/enemy. If they don't, they don't explode. Not a bug.

They have to attempt to suicide to have the ability to hit an ally/player and die. I am certain that players who can go to 16 hours in Survival understand how Oxium Ospreys work and can see that there is a bug.

10 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Every bug encountered was within the same mission. It makes sense that these are grouped and not spamming multiple sub-forums with each individual bug.

#1 That has been in the game for years now. I first noticed it when I was farming focus rep with rhino back when draco was still an interception. I even reported it as a bug. If I recall correctly gas applies to arson eximus so it is only negating blast and heat damage.

#3 I think this is a latency issue since I've only gotten it as a client.

#5 Again nothing new, the moa spawning into the ground is more or less the "spawning points" being bugged. It's been around for a while now. Least you can kill those unlike the some of the infested that just get stuck and given how they took weapon punch through now you can't even clear those spawns.

#8 I've seen this happening in just regular missions. I don't know the reason but it happens.

#9 Spawn pathing has been bad for a while now, I don't know if it got worse but last time I was doing survival for parts enemies were spawning 2 to 3 tile sets away then the usual. And relocating didn't reset spawn points quickly enough.

Grats on the 16h.

@--PV--Morgan

You forgot about the enemies that are completely immune to abilities. Those only seem to appear around lvl cap, a massive pain if not for our 500iq death pit or golfing 😉

Hope those bugs will get fixed, especially the trade ban one, pretty annoying.

Kiss your homies mayne.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -CheffDegu said:

@--PV--Morgan

You forgot about the enemies that are completely immune to abilities. Those only seem to appear around lvl cap, a massive pain if not for our 500iq death pit or golfing 😉

That's actually a result of mobs being removed from a nullifier bubble as they're corrupting. Really annoying especially later in these runs.

11 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Yeah, they just fixed him not getting his own aura buff. Rad proc 'em and everyone around him dies no problem.

Don't edit it, too late. Already a meme.

The trade ban is legit, and well earned given you were engaged in obsessive farming/play practices. Show some discretion next time and take a break. 

Edited by -CheffDegu

13 hours ago, --PV--Morgan said:

-NOW A MASSIVE ISSUE THAT COMPLETLY GRINDS MY GEARS. 2 WEEK TRADE BANS !!!!!!!

Any survival fissure completed with more than 7h issues a trade ban on the player!!!! I do not know why having 12x7 prime parts at the end of a mission triggers a bot that thinks we are hacking, glitching whatever, BUT IT DOES. So anyone that wants to break that mark is gonna get themselves one of those bans (I've gotten a few it's not really nice). It's frustrating to get penalized over wanting to see what endgame can offer and what challenges a team can overcome. So please please change it.

I suspect this to happen especially when you have macros (i. e. AHK) running. Interestingly it seems that you get banned when having an especially high kill count. Very concerning solution to botting/afk farming which isn't even an issue from my PoV. You could easily circumvent that by just starting another mission if you were botting. But what do I know...

The trade ban does not depend on macros and glitches since this run for example had neither (we wanted a clean world record), it also does not depend on kill count since nekros also get trade banned. I wouldnt mind a bot that bans people over afk macros but this one is purely reward or time (idk?) linked. Which just feels weird at least link it to rewards/hour instead of absolute reward number.

Yesterday our squad has finally competed what we set out to 1 month ago breaking the previous record 14h. It took us many tries and everyone in the squad has done many long survivals. So what are the things that we think could be implemented and would make long fissure runs way more enjoyable?

We understand that DE does not want to make very long fissures incredibly more rewarding, which is a fair point. The problem we are facing right now is that long fissures are WAY LESS rewarding than just repeating 2-3h fissures over and over again.

Why? Well, VOID TRACES are the answer. An MR 26 player with a booster reaches trace cap at 2h and so any further traces farmed get dumped into the garbage (each of us threw 10k traces this run). So instead of running 14 radiant and 10 intact relics over and over again, we have to run 14 radiant and A LOT of intacts ending both farm sessions at the same amount of traces. This basically kills any decent ducat/rare part income from those runs.

So here are our suggestions:

Suggestion number 1: VOID TRACES, We know that things in warframe must have a cap by default to not be abused by glitches, yet there should be a way of utilizing this excess of traces. For example IN MISSION relic upgrading, Upon reaching the cap of traces in the mission for example 1.4k for me, we get a chance of upgrading 1 relic each rotation. This method also prevents massive abuse of the system, especially if the upgrade system only opens at a certain rotation mark, for example 20. If the ratio of traces we get after this mark (because of endless booster) makes this system still seem too good, make it so that in mission upgrading costs more than the usual, for example 150 (or more) traces per radiant. Any amount is better than what it is now.

Suggestion number 2: RELIC OPENING BONUS past the 1h 40 mark. After this every bonus is capped and so the only bonus is 1 radiant relic every 5 openings, we know that uncapping the boosters would be way to good but maybe get some other rewards to replace them after that point (endo/ayatans, kuva, crafting resources, maybe the opportunity to upgrade a relic like in suggestion 1, or even a chance at some rare cosmetic). Another idea is riven fragment per each of those waves and you need X fragments to make a riven, Id suggest 8/12 fragments for a riven. Maybe this one suggestion falls in the too good to be true box but having reward gaps filled would just make it a lot more enjoyable.

I would say that Suggestion number 1 is the most by far the most important change, but also, the fairest, hard to abuse and makes long survivals not better than the smaller 2h ones but as good. It is also the one we all wish for the most, and it would make so that for us to enjoy this endgame we don't have to sacrifice a lot of loot. Being forced to dump either efficiency or fun quite sad.

Please do share your opinions on these suggestions.

• Like 6

Judging by the thread title, this can't be useful/valid feedback.
Such long runs have nothing to do with the game. This whole run was cheese and nothing else.
You don't want to give feedback. You just want to brag that you have nothing else to do with your time.

Edited by WhiteMarker