Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hunter Adrenaline is not Better than Rage... a common misunderstanding?

ThePersonBehindYou

Question

From the Description it says

Their functions

Hunter Adrenaline:

Convert +45% of Damage On Health to Energy

You can even wiki this or link it in-game to see

Rage:

Convert +40% of Damage On Health to Energy.

Take note:

There is no specific amount of energy you will gain... and I will explain

So the numbers...

45% on Hunter Adrenaline

40% on Rage...

Does not dictate the energy you will gain

BUT the damage you require for it to activate the function of the mod...which is stated to give you energy... No amount specified..just energy.

So let's ANALYZE carefully

Hunter Adrenaline States...

That it will CONVERT 45% Dmg DEALT ON your Health to Energy...

Yes? We can understand that in simpler terms:

"I will HAVE to take 45% Dmg of my enemy's weapons directly to my health. To earn Energy (no amount specified)"

But here... Rage states:

Converts 40% of damage on health to energy.

Which btw.. to simplify..

"IT only takes 40% dmg of my enemy's weapon for it to activate and give me energy (no amount of energy specified)"

So ...

Would you want 45% dmg dealt ON you? Or 40% dmg?

Obviously... we want to take LESS dmg from the enemy directly to our health to gain energy right? Cuz more damage to our health means we're one step More closer to dying or being downed cuz you're depleting More health

It doesn't STATE that those percentages refer to the amount of energy you will get from the damage... no.. those percentages are referring to the amount of dmg of the enemy to your health...

The percentage refers to the Damage

Not the health...

Soo if an enemy deals 1000 dmg

And I use Rage.

It requires 40% of 1000 dmg to my health to start gaining energy.

Meaning I need to get hit by 400dmg  on my health bar for it TO WORK

While Hunter Adrenaline requires you to take 45%dmg from the enemy

Which btw the 45% of 1000dmg = 450dmg

Which may not sound so much 

But in a sense

You will have to take MORE dmg from your enemy for Hunter Adrenaline to start working.

Would you want to get hit by more dmg? So you can gain energy?

Yes or No?

NO...

Hunter Adrenaline does NOT give you 45% MORE energy if you get 45%dmg from the enemy.  No

Rage does not convert 40% of dmg to your health to 40% energy. NO

Rage is better than Hunter Adrenaline 

Case closed.

Why else...would DE make it a gold rare mod? While Hunter Adrenaline is a Bronze/Brown COMMON mod.

If you say otherwise... go ahead and explain. Try to change my mind. Try to tell me I am wrong in this intetpretation of the mod.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThePersonBehindYou said:

Why would you settle for a normal build...when the goal is to be stronger with the Umbral builds too?

because there is no point in being stronger than invincible. you should check out One Punch Man. if you aren't at that stage in Warframe yet, then... I guess good for you. yay!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThePersonBehindYou said:

Why would you settle for a normal build...when the goal is to be stronger with the Umbral builds too?

I don't . Most of my frame are umbra . If i need to use hunter or rage . Then put 1 of them depending on space u have . Im talking if someone is not using an umbra build. Then hunter for sure. Because u will have enough space then umbra build.

2 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

because there is no point in being stronger than invincible. you should check out One Punch Man. if you aren't at that stage in Warframe yet, then... I guess good for you. yay!

In a game...where endgame isn't even a thing? Enemies can still change and scale difficulty making it harder for normal builds to apply in the future? I won't settle for less

Unless I decide to quit on this game as it grows without me

Edited by ThePersonBehindYou

There are few things to consider here, 

1) The mod effect:

hunter adrenaline is more effective at returning energy compared to rage for the same health lost. 

Hunter adrenaline is just better here. 

2) The mod cost :

Hunter adrenaline has cost of 2 more capacity compared to rage, so rage would make sense in a build with less capacity. 

Rage is slightly better on a tight build (especially umbral ones) . 

3) rarity:

Hunter adrenaline is common (for an uncommon event and relatively uncommon enemy) drop on the plains, 

Rage is rare drop from orokin containers and certain enemies. 

You only need one so rarity isn't that big a deal but hunter adrenaline is definitely easier to acquire. 

4) Bonus:

Hunter adrenaline is part of a set and can give your companions a slight boost to damage subject to load out. 

Not very relevant or even effective, but still a thing which gives hunter adrenaline a practically non existant advantage. 

You mentioned that you were more survivable with rage as compared to hunter adrenaline. I would say "that's bullS#&$" but need to know what builds you were using, and how you replicated the damage output to determine it.

Depending on enemy AI for damage is not very reliable. Self damaging weapons or a friend in simulacrum would be suggested for consistency. 

It could just be an arcane triggering at a specific time to make you feel that way and cause an error in judgement. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l

If you've got shields then you need to rethink why you are using Hunter Adrenaline and Rage in the first place.

Those mods work wonders on frames like Inaros and Nidus that don't have shields, as the shields actually make Rage and Hunter Adrenaline worse.

Op, you're assuming that there's a threshold where you have to take a certain amount of damage before the effect of Rage and Hunter Adrenaline kick in, so having a lower number means that you need to take less damage before you start getting Energy. If that were how these worked, then I could see your point, but it's not. Damage isn't applied one point at a time, so there's no way for the game to determine that you've hit 40 or 45% of the damage dealt by the attack and start giving you Energy. Instead, the game simply says, "You took 100 damage to your Health, so I'm going to give you 45 Energy (40 if you're using Rage)".

1. I would greatly appreciate.

If every sentence.

Wasn't.

Written.

Like this.

It's godddamn irritating to read.

And it's giving me.

Brain aneurysm.

2. "Case closed. Why else...would DE make it a gold rare mod? While Hunter Adrenaline is a Bronze/Brown COMMON mod. If you say otherwise... go ahead and explain. Try to change my mind. Try to tell me I am wrong in this intetpretation of the mod." - https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Rage and https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Hunter_Adrenaline. There you go. Stop acting like an arrogant kid when literally the first sentence on Wiki proves you wrong.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kodiak_PL said:

2. "Case closed. Why else...would DE make it a gold rare mod? While Hunter Adrenaline is a Bronze/Brown COMMON mod. If you say otherwise... go ahead and explain. Try to change my mind. Try to tell me I am wrong in this intetpretation of the mod." - https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Rage and https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Hunter_Adrenaline. There you go. Stop acting like an arrogant kid when literally the first sentence on Wiki proves you wrong.

On 2019-02-13 at 12:19 PM, ThePersonBehindYou said:

Ok...So my worldview has been corrected. Though I will stick to the fact that Rage has more usefulness to me.

The case was closed like a day before you posted that bro 😛 😄 

I've never thought too much about these two. They are essentially the same thing. 

It really comes down to how much room you have for it. If you have 11 points or more of mod energy free, then you may as well use HA. 

If less, like 9 or 10, then Rage obviously gets the nod. 

On 2019-02-13 at 12:19 PM, ThePersonBehindYou said:

Ok...So my worldview has been corrected. Though I will stick to the fact that Rage has more usefulness to me.

I will ask why Hunter Adrenaline didn't seem to look like it has more energy gain? Why is that?

I believe in the math...but I ain't seeing it work

Have you tried testing again with Inaros and butcher? You said you tested with heavy gunners, but bullets can be inconsistent. There is no guarantee that the same number of bullets will hit you for each test. I know for sure that the enemy starts walking when it shoots so the further or closer it gets to you, the more accurate/inaccurate it gets. Using the butcher method, you can see exactly how much health you lost and how much energy you get from that.

Inaros with no dmg reduction mods, Natural talent, blind rage, speed drift, zero energy, only full rank rage and hunter for two tests.  lvl 1 butcher

Rage gave 7 energy, Hunter gave 8.

gTJAuhD.gif

Yeah I know it's bad quality but it's all I got.  If anyone can teach me, that'd be great.

Edited by Dopekoke