Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Joke That is: 6TH ANNIVERSARY WEEKEND WARS

Insane-Mana

TL:DR: lazy event with no real meaning, its a joke

Disclaimer:

I love warframe, been playing it for years and i will keep coming back to an awesome game!That said i feel this event needs some hard feedback.

Now on topic, this "event" is a joke!

So i login, i check the alerts for gift of the lotus and see a relic, i inspect and see the reward is 10 relics, so i say to myself nice they started the event maybe? I check some more and see the event tab. I select the Gift of the lotus mission and think, il start the event after that. After doing the survival i go check what is in the relic and i`m cool with that. So excited i go back to navigation and click the event! But nothing happens, hmm something must be wrong, i go look on the website and see i've in fact completed the event for this weekend other then killing x amount of lancers.

To me this is a big big big let down. Killing x amount of npc's and completing 1 alert too me is NOT an event. I cant even find the words to describe this. 

You know what was an event? That Ambulas thing, and the one where you had to escord them npc's, killing the Acolytes. Even though i dislike the last 2 i mentioned at least those 2 where actual events. I am sure people are going to be happy (i think?) with 30 relics for vaulted stuff, but who's gonna go out of their way to kill as many lancers as possible?

Here's what i think happened:

Monday 9 am

Guys we need to give them more events! the community wants it!

But we have no time!

Hmm how can we make an "event" with the least amount of effort and resources?

I know give them 10 relics and make them kill x amount of npc's!

Great idea! (not)

Hmm we could connect it to the double weekends we normally give just as a thank you for playing the game!

Even better, lets get an intern to slap this together 

End of meeting monday 09:10am

I am really sorry but that's just how it feels to me. I mean why not just redo the ambulas event or one of the others?

The end, have a great weekend and don't forget to get them lancers lulz

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

It's almost like the devs are in the final polishing phase of some other updates of their own, and subsequently can't devote many resources to making events.

Updates like Gas City, Wolf of Saturn, Hildryn and Melee 2.99.

yeah, non content takes so much work, we gotta half ass events, the thing players keep asking us for. no way we could change our schedules to push back the non content to make something to engage our players beyond what the new numbers in their arsenal will look like.

Just now, Rawbeard said:

yeah, non content takes so much work, we gotta half ass events, the thing players keep asking us for. no way we could change our schedules to push back the non content to make something to engage our players beyond what the new numbers in their arsenal will look like.

1: Gas City 2.0 and Wolf of Saturn are both radical changes to existing systems, so those are fairly considerable pieces of content. Gas City 2.0 will feature new enemies and most likely a couple new mission types, alongside a completely redesigned area to play in. Wolf of Saturn is a rework to alerts that will provide more meaningful stuff to do.

2: Melee 2.99 is basically setup for melee 3.0, and isn't actually changing any of the numbers in the arsenal, so that point is just entirely wrong. It's a change to how we interact with one of our core weapon systems.

3: So, what, Warframes and Weapons like Hildryn and her associated weapon/s aren't content?

4: I forgot, they're also working on Exploiter, which they described as an Event.

• Like 6

People missing the point as always.

I am not saying the other stuff is not important, not saying i am not happy with the stuff that's coming soon. I am also not saying they aint bussy.

All i am saying is that this is not an event, its half baked. I would even bet my last dollar that if nobody tried to kill more lancers then they normally do we will still see the % go up and get the double x booster weekend.

And in my opinion when game devs drop the ball we as players should be free to tell them.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Insane-Mana said:

its half baked

Why should it be baked to perfection? We didn’t even have anniversary events like 3 years ago? And you say that you know that stuff is also important, but don’t you think there’s a little correlation between the two? As in they can’t do this because they’re working on that? Granted correlation =/= causation but still, it’s pretty clear what’s happening now 

If I wanna judge DE’s event, I’ll do it when there’s an actual event happening, and not this, because this is obviously half baked, it’s just that it doesn't necessarily need to be anything otherwise 

2 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

lol wut? ok, no. not even a little.

this is just sad

Waiing is good, not fun but it makes stuff clear...let’s do more waiting and less premature judging 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Loza03 said:

1: Gas City 2.0 and Wolf of Saturn are both radical changes to existing systems, so those are fairly considerable pieces of content. Gas City 2.0 will feature new enemies and most likely a couple new mission types, alongside a completely redesigned area to play in. Wolf of Saturn is a rework to alerts that will provide more meaningful stuff to do.

Your expectations are way too high. You should prepare yourself for disappointment.

tenor.gif

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Loza03 said:

2: Melee 2.99 is basically setup for melee 3.0, and isn't actually changing any of the numbers in the arsenal, so that point is just entirely wrong. It's a change to how we interact with one of our core weapon systems.

Am I excited for the new discount DMC melee system? Yes. It looks neat. That said, at the same time then I remember there is nothing to use it on, except for the same tired lemmings I've been meleeing over the last 4 years. tenor.gif

So I wait and play something else till new war drops and then I'll have maybe 20 mins of actual content to play. 

I find that unacceptable. But understandable. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Your expectations are way too high. You should prepare yourself for disappointment.

tenor.gif

What the update will entail has been explicitly stated by the devs numerous times. Expecting what has been said is perfectly reasonable.

Note how I made no comment discussing my expectations of the quality of said content, only that change would occur, and thus it would be new.

31 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Am I excited for the new discount DMC melee system? Yes. It looks neat. That said, at the same time then I remember there is nothing to use it on, except for the same tired lemmings I've been meleeing over the last 4 years. tenor.gif

So I wait and play something else till new war drops and then I'll have maybe 20 mins of actual content to play. 

I find that unacceptable. But understandable. 

Probably your best point, I'm similarly disappointed with the enemies in Warframe. But the fact remains it's still new stuff to play with, that still takes dev time, that they don't want to spend on a bonus side event like this.

26 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

No, that's not "content". That's no different than calling a new color palette "content"...it's misleading and disingenuous. 

content2

Dictionary result for content

/ˈkɒntɛnt/
noun
noun: content; plural noun: contents
  1. the things that are held or included in something.
    "she unscrewed the top of the flask and drank the contents"

Items including Warframes are what are held or included in the game. So, Hildryn and her items are by definition content. They add more things to grind towards and more gameplay opportunities. If this doesn't qualify as content, then what does?

If your point is "I won't interact with this content because Hildryn doesn't appeal to me so I don't count it as content", well, I probably won't use Hildryn either. Doesn't stop her being content though.

28 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

tenor.gif

Related image

• Like 1

The following quotes manage to sum up my thoughts on this topic very nicely.  

21 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Image result for captain mal speechless gif

20 hours ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

The problem is the community expects AAA stuff. And they get indie stuff and are disappointed. Warframe is and will always be a casual indie looter shooter.

Expectations for actual content for actual vets in this game are way to high sometimes. 

Tbh this is disappointing, Idc about these relics (when the parts already exist in the game) and in the future, we are going to get double of each anyways. I would of rather had dax armour pieces instead. Also this would have been a whole lot better if it gave you 10 future prime relics plus 100 void traces instead of credits THAT would be a better reward but that's just me.