Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anybody actually enjoy the Gift of Lotus Alert?

-CdG-Zilchy

Just now, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

I read it just fine.  And you pretty much addressed the tone of this thread perfectly when you stated that it will be viewed as whining.

If you've been around as long as you claim then you know the nature of this game at it's core: a casual horde looter shooter.  

CASUAL.

It wasn't always casual but you wouldn't know that because you haven't been around as long. The events used to be hotly contested and there was space for both casual and intense players. DE has now turned their back on the latter and it's a shame. 

Next someone's gonna tell me they didn't rush the Orb Spiders due to too many projects. Hand up if you still actually enjoy a 2 minute fight for 6k Vox Solaris standing and some credits. Pretty sure most people got enough toroids and simply stopped doing them. I still haven't run out of standing from doing 1 day of orb fights.

How would you know how long I've been around?  I know exactly how far the game has come.  The bottom line is the Warframe has established itself as a casual horde shooter.  Turn down the temper tantrum and try to see the game from everyone's POV, please.

DE hasn't turned their backs on anyone but Nyx and Titania players.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

How would you know how long I've been around?  I know exactly how far the game has come.  The bottom line is the Warframe has established itself as a casual horde shooter.  Turn down the temper tantrum and try to see the game from everyone's POV, please.

Very well, if you've been around for a while then you would know that it used to have space for both casual AND intense players. I agree with you that it's established as a casual shooter and that's the problem. They absolutely HAVE turned their backs on the less casual crowd, if you've been around as long as you say then you know this. 
See from everyone's POV? read some of the other replies I've made to the newer players on this thread before thinking I'm bigoted please.

Nyx still has a small place, I've used her for pretty much every Mobile Def Sortie lol. Though I concede to you that she really needs more love.

Edited by Zilchy

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

anyone else love limiting themselves

like yep this morning im going to drive 10 km/h below the indicated speed limit cuz no rush guys its a casual commute

we gonna have to walk around the house like we doing the limbo dance (not frame) permanently cuz the ceiling so low, its just a casual house broe stop being salty please

Yes. i enjoy my free stuff... i do need to give a very small effort for the free stuff, but i enjoy it...

Although i think we do need the 1 hour survival with level 100 mission back... the one with the broken ammo drum as reward.

Edit... also the one with the level 10000.. i need to take another screenshot with level 10004 stalker.. i lost the last screenshot file

Edited by novalery

8 minutes ago, paskakasa665 said:

Is it actually just 30 mins? I got G3 in the first 3 minutes and then left and got the 10 relics. Did I miss anything?

Nope you just got lucky 😄  I got told about that by my clan AFTER I did the event lol. My fault for not thinking of it.

4 minutes ago, novalery said:

Yes. i enjoy my free stuff... i do need to give a very small effort for the free stuff, but i enjoy it...

Although i think we do need the 1 hour survival with level 100 mission back... the one with the broken ammo drum as reward.

Edit... also the one with the level 10000.. i need to take another screenshot with level 10004 stalker.. i lost the last one

Oooh yeh I remember that, that broken ammo drum was really satisfying 😄  I wish we could stick the mod card in the orbiter or something. 

1 hour ago, Zilchy said:

If you read my response to a newer player you will see that's not true. Who said anything about wanting any new toys? I simply wanted them to create a mission that isn't a generic 30 minute survival I can sleep through. Is that so much to ask for? This is a 6 year anniversary and they can't even be bothered making it special. Actually read the post next time so you don't embarrass yourself.

You claim to be a veteran yet you ignore the fact that anniversary event has always been about giving gifts for players, nothing more.

Whining that DE doesn't care about veteran because there's nothing special about the event while the past anniversary event has never been special, is just ammo drum. They could've just gone to the old ways like "Claim your Dex from inbox, bye" without any alert whatsoever.

Could the event be improved? Sure. But they don't have to.

Your complain would've been legit if this was Tactical Alert instead of anniversary event because Tactical Alert has always been special or different.

Go ask DE for more Tactical Alert instead.

Edited by -AiLuoLi-
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

You claim to be a veteran yet you ignore the fact that anniversary event has always been about giving gifts for players, nothing more.

Whining that DE doesn't care about veteran because there's nothing special about the event while the past anniversary event has never been special, is just ammo drum. They could've just gone to the old ways like "Claim your Dex from inbox, bye" without any alert whatsoever.

Could the event be improved? Sure. Still doesn't mean they have to cater to veteran. There's Tactical Alert for that.

Your complain would've been legit if this was Tactical Alert instead of anniversary event because Tactical Alert has always been special or different.

Go ask DE for more Tactical Alert instead.

Mate all I want is either a challenge or a slightly different mission, is that so much? I agree with you that Tactical alerts would've made it more legit but cmon, it's not like we have ANY sort of events or tactical alerts that are actually interesting anymore(ghouls are back in the plains YAY....), I would've thought that a hyped up anniversary would be a decent time for such things. Posting like this and succeeding in making it a hot topic are my way of trying to bring it to DE's attention and hopefully get them to improve on the next phase. This is is a general forum isn't it? As in, general discussion? As in, I can say what I want within reason and air my concerns? Yes.Yes it is.

Edited by Zilchy

I don't mind about the rewards and found it quite nice actually. I see it as an opportunity to unvault some valuable stuffs, giving chance for newbies to have their hands on one of the best prime frame. My main problem is that the mission is a single 30 minutes survival. Such a let down IMO. Kinda wish they make it at least like the last tactical alert, a series of endless missions with bunch of hyena in it.

Just now, Zilchy said:

Mate all I want is either a challenge or a slightly different mission, is that so much? I agree with you that Tactical alerts would've made it more legit but cmon, it's not like we have ANY sort of events or tactical alerts that are actually interesting anymore(ghouls are back in the plains YAY....), I would've thought that a hyped up anniversary would be a decent time for such things.

I can definitely sympathize. I wish they would introduce more Tactical Alert but they abandoned it for some reason. It's a shame.

Those are the most enjoyable mission for me including the Hallowed Nightmares.

11 minutes ago, ebrl said:

I'm yet to see someone who pulls the "veteran" card to do anything but behave like an entitled asshat.

Thanks for your input, have a nice day. 

P.S. Learning to read is fun, try it sometime, you might enjoy it.

Edited by Zilchy

14 minutes ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

I can definitely sympathize. I wish they would introduce more Tactical Alert but they abandoned it for some reason. It's a shame.

Those are the most enjoyable mission for me including the Hallowed Nightmares.

Yeh there's been some great ones in the past but even Hallowed Nightmares is repeated each year. past tac alerts were great fun, they should really bring them back. The problem is, they abandon these things because it doesn't make them money and somewhere along the line they stopped caring so much about making an awesome game and started counting the money in their wallets. And that's the problem, the passion they once had is gone, the content they throw out is poorly optimized, not at all playtested and in general they focus on pretty designs and artwork and forget about the actual gameplay eg Strata relay event. Flashback to things like Blackout, Project Undermine etc and the difference is obvious.

Even if they just brought some of these back on a cycle, the events too, it would give us more enjoyment than we have now. I don't care for the rewards, I have everything already, I don't need more rubbish shiny toys. I just want more variation and things to do that are actually fun.

Edited by Zilchy

I don't care, it's something, better than nothing. I am just waiting for dogs 2.0 and melee 3.0
Also remember there are going to be the dex alerts soon as well, more than most likely, gifts of the lotus stolen alerts, plus the new skin. And in any sense they are free "platinum" in the sense that you get 3 free weapon slots, if you have gotten them in prior years.

Edited by CaptainJLP

To all the people answering : but new player have finally a way to get saryn prime etc etc. What is the point related the OP? Sometime you should stop and read between the lines. You should thank people like this asking for more. This kind of behavior always from DE side protecting them. If him is here asking for some new challenge or something giving new appeal to "ok is just another 30 minute survival with nothing special" means that anyway he CARES this game and wants it to improve, to grow even in little aspects as I do and a many other players. This is what pushes the game to improve and renew itself, otherwise we will have a static content for years. The guy is right., even a new enemy would give new appeal to the mission, with scanning him and having that feeling about something NEW for everyone. 

7 minutes ago, CaptainJLP said:

I don't care, it's something, better than nothing. I am just waiting for dogs 2.0 and melee 3.0
Also remember there are going to be the dex alerts soon as well, more than most likely, gifts of the lotus stolen alerts, plus the new skin. And in any sense they are free "platinum" in the sense that you get 3 free weapon slots, if you have gotten them in prior years.

I'm not actually too concerned with new shiny things, the dex skins do tend to look nice though. I just want some different things to do, that's all. Even rotating past events and tac alerts would add a lot of interest to the game at this point. Some of those past ones were masterpieces, back when they still cared about making an awesome game. These days the focus is firmly on cosmetics they can sell. I don't need free platinum or slots at this point either.

Edited by Zilchy

2 minutes ago, JuDirval said:

To all the people answering : but new player have finally a way to get saryn prime etc etc. What is the point related the OP? Sometime you should stop and read between the lines. You should thank people like this asking for more. This kind of behavior always from DE side protecting them. If him is here asking for some new challenge or something giving new appeal to "ok is just another 30 minute survival with nothing special" means that anyway he CARES this game and wants it to improve, to grow even in little aspects as I do and a many other players. This is what pushes the game to improve and renew itself, otherwise we will have a static content for years. The guy is right., even a new enemy would give new appeal to the mission, with scanning him and having that feeling about something NEW for everyone. 

Thankyou, you read it through and understood what I'm trying to do. I love the game, I've invested a hell of a lot of time into it like many others. And I want to see it flourish again.

• Like 1

People these days, can't take critism. Remember, Warframe is still Open Beta, they are open for any opinions AND critics. 

Zilchy here is not being a total asshat or hating on the game. I believe he cares for the game, that's why he gave his piece of his mind. You know, even though you don't like, critics are healthy things and you can't avoid them.