Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

Glad it's ending soon.  I'm sick of Nora and her complete lack of immersion and dialogue.

Listening to her is so bad I had to disable transmissions.  I thought the Cetus quest was bad, but holy hell you put no effort into her half-braindead innuendos and writing.  Not counting the slide cutscene that is just as low budget as you get.

Hopefully the next season is less of a time sink so those of us who work for a living aren't scrambling for free time.

Here is the thing, There has always been time items in warframe It in nothing new. There was always been grindy stuff in warframe. The problem with nightewave, is this is the god honest truth..Is that It is a #*!%ing fortnite battle pass. (Note I'm gonna let out the full force of a rant that built up from all the things I said where gonna happen happened..So,get ready..there will be calling out people)

Mogamu, the guy who came up with getting DE to do this (Or atleast says he did) was ready to leave this game when he assumed Anthem was gonna be good. He is one of those of people who wants as much content as possible to consume. Because, well he has a group and S#&$ to do It with. The battlepass and road maps are new to gaming (but honestly not that new) and everyone is jumping in on this S#&$. However, lets get real here..It was basically, design to keep people playing for as long as possible, mainly vet players who have a massive boner for talking about the lack of a end game...The ironic thing is..Basically, all nightwave was and is..is...DE giving you points to do what they wanted you to do in the first place.

However, I like wolf..But,then again I like random encounters and I like random events..Because, I am a raving mad man, however I understand people don't like wolf. Some don't want to be jump by a giant #*!% all grieener when doing a missions (Which is fine) Some don't like the fact he is a sponge with proc protection (Well,he is made to be a raid boss more or less) and some just hate the fact they can't get the hammer (Which, If you have been doing this all time It has been  going on is understandable but If you play once a week and get mad you can't get a ok tier hammer..well,honestly you should not complain)

The mission set up has been memey as #*!%, with people saying "Everyone is a whiner" for getting mad at mission set ups. But,honestly some of this are a little too time consuming and resource consuming (The glided one)  really are over complex (Kuva surival) or just reward you for having a clan (#*!% all these missions cause destiny 2 flash backs) The overall I got is none of this is new content or even event special..Which leads to the overall

Nightwave was nothing but a battlepass and a game of chase staring some armorless mooks and their wolf daddy. This,was the problem overall. Everything was the same, nothing special..Amuless had a big event which lead to a final battle. Rath thumm the same thing. Most,things lead to something as a climax..Wolf nightwave has no Climax...We do not have after a point a option to go to the Saturn 6 pin on the map on anything and do a "hunt the wolf" quest. There is no convict assault invasion missions..Nothing. The main point was to push nightwave to the for front by making It a overall grindy battlepass, yes I finish It..and the rewards after 30 are just..15 wolf creds..You can't buy S#&$ with 15 wolf creds. You can't even use the wolf creds after the event..nor do they open some kind of Saturn 6 missions or heb where you can go to spend the creds..You cant even use them to hunt down wolf...They are basically design so you can buy some helmets and some nightnite. So,IF we do remove alarts,Its gonna make grinding a bigger pain for newer players unless,after a nightwave they do another one..Almost 2 weeks after the first..Then,by that time everyone will be #*!%ing brunt out. It's by design somehow a longer but mor tring Alart step up..less random...But, really more grindy and tring..Nightwave should not replace alarts..Alarts never really needed to be remove to begin with..But, once again It is vet players saying they have no place because...well,they have everything.

Which leads to how nightwave is not well design in another way..It is design for vet players...In the way you bribe a kid to eat their greens. Like,really look at It really hard. Other then wolf nothing new was added..there was no end game added no nothing. Just promises of a umbra mod was enough to get these guys boners all high up and forget all the problems in the world. Now,half of them where spending more time trying to get a umbra froma so they can make a video on what to waste It one. This,was made for vet players who have everything to shut them up..Did a good job for the most part.

Which leads to what I would of done..#*!% a battle pass..Make a Crisis counter...keep the 30 ranks..But, rework some stuff.

Crisis counter is each mission you finish connected to the wolf quest line gets you 1 points..It is 5 points a rank. However, during wolf crisis mission a memebers of the wolf pack will show up catching them will get you 2 points for all 3 capture and 3 wolf creds pre capture..Wolf If he shows up will be worth 5 points and 10 wolf creds and has a promise chance of a hammer piece droping or a speacial hammer stance...no other mods..no cells.

Every rank you get 10 wolf creds and the normal reward. Saturan 6 is now a level..It is a shop where you can spend these creds.  The creds are use to "Fix" the pin up. All the normal stuff as in the shop as now are there however. If you save up a lot..you can buy the hammer fully finished (Lets say..1000 creds) That way It a matter of saving or random chance.

Wolf will show up with each week more and more as now and become harder. However, mission set up will change. First week, is trying to clean up invasions of convicts vs whoever, week after that..A defense mission where you try to protect someone from getting capture by the convicts, and so on and so forth...til,the final week ends with Wolf going back to try and finish the job..Basically you have to save Alad V from a piss off wolf with a army of robots...however,you will need to finish main story events which will be active at the start and end of each week, at least once.

There..I think It is a tad of a improvement.

Overall, I like the idea of Nightwave. Little mini challenges that you pretty much can get easily every week just by playing, and then a few elite challenges that push you to do things you wouldn't normally do. My friends and I had great fun with the elite challenges.

Let's be honest here. Killing 150 enemies with an energy type or weapon type is not a "challenge". Just switch up the mods or use only your melee/secondary/primary for a mission or two and you're done. Conservation, fishing or mining gems? Again not really a challenge, just a bit of time out of your schedule but we're talking 10-20 mins. Run 3/6/9 missions of a type? I did those as void fissures and cracked relics. Generally this is part of regular daily/weekly play and not an inconvenience. 

Yes, some of the other challenges can use some tweaking. But DE was pretty up front they wanted feedback on that. 

ie: Filling 5 ayatans just increases the price of unfilled ayatans 10-15 plat each. For newer players, the only guaranteed ayatan a week is from Maroo's quest. But if it was a seasonal challenge, fill 5 before the end of the season, anyone could reasonably achieve that without spending plat.

ie: Having 3 challenges in the same week to run a 60 min mission is a HUGE time sink. One a week isn't bad, or in the case of the 60 min survival and 60 min Kuva without using life support that can be done in the same mission isn't as bad. These are Elite missions, so it's okay if not everyone can do them or wants to spend the time.

Ultimately, if you weren't grinding alerts back when they were alerts, no one says you have to grind Nightwave. You probably have everything that is offered to buy with wolf creds anyway. If you're after that umbra forma, well those were never part of the alert system.So if we were to drop Nightwave, you aren't really getting them any easier. I thought it was a nice little reward for those who put the time in.

I look forward to where future Nightwaves take us, and the journey of tweaking the system along the way.

i agree.. in my opinion, this nightwave not even better than the previous alerts. with this nightwave, DE forced us to do things that some of it we don't like, for example those 60 minutes survival + 60 minutes survival kuva.. darn it.. i really hate those two. i quit for 2 weeks playing because of those two.. and the wolf cred offering not interesting too.. why can't we choose which nightwave mission we want to do? instead, you guys at DE forced us to do the missions..

i prefer the previous alerts system.

8 minutes ago, darkbrick said:

i agree.. in my opinion, this nightwave not even better than the previous alerts. with this nightwave, DE forced us to do things that some of it we don't like, for example those 60 minutes survival + 60 minutes survival kuva.. darn it.. i really hate those two. i quit for 2 weeks playing because of those two.. and the wolf cred offering not interesting too.. why can't we choose which nightwave mission we want to do? instead, you guys at DE forced us to do the missions..

You only need to complete 60% to max out the 30 ranks. If you don't want to do the 60 min kuva survival, don't. Do the other ones. Just like if you didn't like the mission in previous alerts, you didn't do them.

If YOU decided not to play at all because there was a challenge to do something you didn't like, that's on you. It doesn't affect the rest of the game.

18 hours ago, darkbrick said:

i want nightwave and the previous alert system

think about it, you have nightwave, you have wolf creds, you can use the wolf creds to buy exactly what you want instead of leaving it to chance, but when you run out you have the alerts that can give you the stuff from the cred store while youre working up to your next cred reward, and you dont have to use every single cred you earn on nitain extract because the alerts are there to keep giving you that if you wanna focus on getting the cosmetic permanent stuff out of the way

On 2019-04-16 at 3:23 PM, [DE]Marcus said:

Hi all - some feedback has come in about the Wolf of Saturn Six as a miniboss. The Wolf of Saturn Six is the one that does the hunting. So when you're hunting for him... he doesn't always appear.… We’re getting the Wolf out to howl more as we head into the later weeks of Nightwave Series I. 

The Wolf's spawn rate will be increased across all four platforms to 4%, and for missions that are level 20+ it will be increased to 6%. One of the major exceptions is that he doesn't spawn in Open Worlds, so keep that in mind. Note that the end of Nightwave Series I does not mean the end of the Wolf of Saturn Six appearances - he'll still be around! 

We also have much-requested clarity for everyone: The earliest date we will end Nightwave Series I is May 15th

Cheers and happy hunting.. and remember... this isn't over yet and it is the Wolf who hunts you...!

EDIT: These changes are live as of posting! New spawn rates are already implemented across all four platforms

Regarding to the Season 1 end date to be at earliest on May 15th, I was looking the information from the world state endpoint and the end date for the season 1 is on May 6th:

"SeasonInfo": {
        "Activation": {
            "$date": {
                "$numberLong": "1551052800000" // GMT: Monday, February 25, 2019 12:00:00 AM
            }
        },
        "Expiry": {
                "$numberLong": "1557100800000" // GMT: Monday, May 6, 2019 12:00:00 AM
            }
        }

Will that value change during this week to expire on May 15th or officially this week is the last one for Season 1? Today I will reach the reward 29th, so probably I won't make it for the 30th =/ 

2zso3e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

I did not mind Nighwave, but I am MR22 and have several people I can do stuff with. I can see a complete newbie being locked out of stuff they could get somewhat easily under alerts in the past (mostly the cosmetics and MR fodder weapons). They need to increase the amount of Wolf creds that drop on the earlier levels of the Nightwave, so newbies can at least walk away with 3-4 things per season. Another option is to not completely get rid of alerts. And don't take blue and golden potatoes out of War rewards!

Edit: also make the chance of Wold dropping some part of the sledge a bit higher. more than 1/2 my encounters I walked away with only a North Wind., wtf....

I hope DE will put another way to earn the armor set ; cause unfortunaly I got a job, that's how I pay my Prime access ; I can't work and make some of your ridiculous challenge.

The game pass is a stolen idea, but unfotunaly it's BAD idea, Warframe can't be a game that you log in everyday ( at least when you level up everything ).
The game is boring very fast ; and now it become boring faster and faster since you can't get the only important thing when you are "veteran" the fashion. 

What ever. I hope you guys will found a solution ; We don't care about aura forma ; we want more fashion possibilities

Edit : We should just be able to buy with plat or to earn it for free with those challenge, feel free for everyone to pay or not to get the content.

3 hours ago, Mvtty said:

I hope DE will put another way to earn the armor set ; cause unfortunaly I got a job, that's how I pay my Prime access ; I can't work and make some of your ridiculous challenge.

Dude, I work over 50 hours a week and I made it to rank 30 in no time.

They also said that the armor will be available in the future, but maybe a little harder to get.

I've thought long and hard about this.

Cause see, I like Nightwave as a concept. I really do. I think that, as a concept, Nightwave has an awful lot of value and can bring an awful lot of replayability to missions or variety you wouldn't otherwise think to use. Some of the mission types were extremely undesirable - 60 minute long Kuva missions with no siphon for example are ridiculous because it is far too easy to accidentally hit a container or for a rogue player to decide to ruin their entire squad by opening a life support at 59 minutes - but some of them were simple, nice and dare I say even fun.

That said... I don't enjoy Warframe indulging in the Fear Of Missing Out epidemic that plagues every other "live service" game. Please, DE. Please, I'm begging you, don't become other publishers. You have one of the grindiest games I've ever played and, more importantly, one of the grindiest games I've ever enjoyed playing. I never had to worry or panic that I was going to "miss out" on Warframe goodies if real life became busy for me. I never had to feel like I was locked out of content or rewards because I had a busy real life or, more importantly, if I wanted a break from Warframe. But Nightwave changes this.

Nightwave doesn't reward me for playing. Nightwave punishes me for disloyalty. Now some people might say I'm being overly dramatic here - maybe I am - but in a world where games are no longer games but are "live services" it is more and more the reality that publishers are fighting to keep "player retention" at an all time high. They don't just want us playing their games sometimes, they want us playing their games all the time. Warframe was so refreshing as a game because it never had this mentality attached to it, it never demanded my loyalty or my time for extremely long periods. It never punished me if I chose not to play it. Until Nightwave. Because even though you claim that you only needed 60% of everything to be done to achieve max rank (which was debunked by Reddit, and revealed to be closer to 70% - was this ever fixed?) the reality is that I might not be able to dedicate that much time to your game for a couple of months. I have S#&$ going on, DE - I'm trying to move house, my partner and I are planning to move in together which involves a cross-country move, there's a lot of personal stuff happening, etc. etc.

For the first three weeks I was excited for Nightwave, and I loved it. But then I had to miss a couple of weeks, through no choice of fault of my own, and when I came back... Nightwave was a lot more looming. A lot more daunting. Suddenly it felt like I had to do it, especially because I could wind up busy again on short notice. Nightwave suddenly wasn't rewarding me for playing, but it was punishing me for my absence.

I don't like forced brand loyalty, DE. I don't like it anywhere in this corporate mess of a world, and I certainly don't like it in my games. And Nightwave single-handedly burned me out on Warframe in a way that Warframe has never managed to do to me before. I've always put Warframe down for periods, but I've also always picked it back up. I've enjoyed it enough and the systems it has that I've often spent quite a bit of money on Warframe (something I don't regret, to be clear) because the game never fell into the trappings that every other game did and now every other game does. To see this concept of forced loyalty creep slowly into Warframe, masquerading as a reward for active players while in reality simply punishing those that are deemed "too inactive" and creating totally unnecessary and fake exclusivity on items that shouldn't be as exclusive as they are is beyond disheartening. To see this forced into Nightwave, where it has such a promising and fun style of system behind it, is even worse.

I'm not even angry, or upset. I'm just disappointed.

Hi all, I'm not very active on the forums but I do play quite regularly so I wanted to put my own feedback here.

What I didn't like about the old alert system was that the best items appeared randomly, so I was really looking forward to Nightwave and for the most part I am among those that feels Nightwave was an improvement.

That said, I don't like the feeling of being forced to play that the current system brought. Always calculating how many challenges to do, which one to skip and exactly when it all comes to an end. As it is, I can barely stomach some of them anymore. Soon I'll start a PhD and I won't have all the time to play I had in the past couple of months.

I think this system breaks the "play at your own pace" that I truly loved of Warframe.

I'll suggest a solution which I think is quite simple, maybe it's already been suggested but there is 51 pages on this thread, couldn't read everything:

1) Make seasons available permanently, like an ingame quest with rank 30 being 100% completion.

2) When a new season is added to the game, you may toggle between them, as you desire.

3) Prestige ranks could be earned separetly when all seasons are currently full.

Alternatively the Seasons could be chained one after the other so you do them in release order though I can see that leading to problems for those who start the game and see 250+ ranks to achieve for that particular Arcane.

This way nobody would feel pressured to play but still, eventually, get every special item.

Last but not least: I met the Wolf of Saturn Six exactly 4 times so far and I play some nearly every day. I understand it should be a "Oh wow!" and not a "Oh, not you again" Feeling, but come on! That's not even a 1 per week encounter and let's not even get into the Sledge Hammer parts drop rate.

On 2019-04-29 at 2:12 PM, VGShrine said:

Regarding to the Season 1 end date to be at earliest on May 15th, I was looking the information from the world state endpoint and the end date for the season 1 is on May 6th:

"SeasonInfo": {
        "Activation": {
                "$numberLong": "1551052800000" // GMT: Monday, February 25, 2019 12:00:00 AM
            }
        },
        "Expiry": {
                "$numberLong": "1557100800000" // GMT: Monday, May 6, 2019 12:00:00 AM
            }
        }

Will that value change during this week to expire on May 15th or officially this week is the last one for Season 1? Today I will reach the reward 29th, so probably I won't make it for the 30th =/ 

2zso3e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

i second  this pls tell us when is the current NW season ending

I finished the first season a few weeks ago now, and I've barely played since. Simply burned out. Nightwave turned the whole game into a weekly, timed checklist I have to go through before I can do what I want. Doubt I'll play season two, if I don't outright quit.

DE, plz don´t make anything that is necessary Nightwave-exclusive. No worries about cosmetics, but I mean one or two lucky Invasion alerts to earn Nitain won´t hurt...

I understand, Nightwave is an instrument to make gamers play more and regularly, fine. Makes addicted players happy, not so good for casual players, who might be forced to spend platinum on certain things, I hope this is not the intention behind NW.

@Bronso: indeed, it feels a bit like work now("[...] timed checklist I have to go through before I can do what I want[...]"). The strongest motivation to play is always the freedom to decide what you do. So I could imagine DE might have created their own arrow in the knee.

The above comments by Ayrillish describe how players feel about it...

Jesus Christ I came to these forums to figure out when Nightwave is ending, which is apparently soon, but I had to sift through a bunch of crybabies complaining how they were compelled to do in game challenges until they stopped playing the game. This is why nobody takes game feedback seriously. Some of you  would find something to complain about a glass of water while dying of thirst.

If you don't like doing it - DONT DO IT. If it means you dont get some thing in the game, OH WELL, GROW UP. Not everything is going to be handed to you and not everything in a looter shooter grind game is going to be totally fun to do all the time. I just found out I won't be able to get an umbra forma this time something I really would love to have to change a fit completely. Oh well, guess I'll continue doing what I like to do which is play the damn game. 

Stop trying to make this game even more pay to win, please for God's sake. If everything was easy there is no point to the damn game. I apologize if this is coming off as unfair to those with actual REAL criticism (and likely this isnt you, dont get full of yourself).

I haven't been around but 3 months (edit: alright, 5 months serious, 4 years off and on) and even I see how nearly game breaking umbra formas are, its a damn good thing you only get one and only after committing to getting one. I didn't, I literally snoozed and lose'd for two months and this is easily an acceptable outcome. 

And really complaining how these tasks are unbearable when all they do is "make" you play the entire game and "make" you stop running the same 2 things over and over and over again. Get over it, this wave of tears is unbearable compared to the slight inconveniences a game challenge might present to me one day

I'm MR40 with Night Wave (did challenges while taking a break from farming for Wolf, got all his drops, that was an awful grind by itself by the way), my current plans for the next season if it stays anyway near to what it is now, is to play Path of Exile.

I'm burnout, the stress of thinking "maybe I should do all challenges, I have no idea if I'll be able to complete next weeks ones!" had me doing many more chores than I needed, because they are not challenges, they are chores.

4 things need to change:

- Make game related rewards front loaded (unique mods, Umbra forma, etc) rank 1-15 and cosmetic ones rank 16-30

- Remove ANY chore that  requires using/holding onto resources (Gilding, Forma, Ayatan sculptures, etc)

- Remove all "with friends/clanmate" chores

- Bring back alerts and make Nightwave a once or twice a year affair, because no matter the iteration I believe DE is going to burnout the entire player base in a year if they go trough with their perpetual "battle pass"

so for series 2 of nightwave will we have totally different rewards aside from getting more umbral formas ? or will series 2 just be a repeat of the rewards for those who may have a second chance if they didn't get everything the first time ?

all i seem to get after getting the 30 rewards is wolf creds

22 hours ago, ApplesTasteOkay said:

Jesus Christ I came to these forums to figure out when Nightwave is ending, which is apparently soon, but I had to sift through a bunch of crybabies complaining how they were compelled to do in game challenges until they stopped playing the game. This is why nobody takes game feedback seriously. Some of you  would find something to complain about a glass of water while dying of thirst.

If you don't like doing it - DONT DO IT. If it means you dont get some thing in the game, OH WELL, GROW UP. 

It felt very intrusive for a suggested activity. Nora was spamming us so hard that quite a few players muted all transmissions. Popups, assasins, the only way to get certain things... The problem is a lot of us realized at different stages of progress how this makes them feel, and we kept going because we wouldnt want to lose our progress.

If this was just all of the items that have before been in the old alert rotation, nobody would have batted much of an eye. But they put Arcane Energize (one, thank you for that -.-) and Umbra Forma into the deep levels. People want that. But they DID jump through a lot of hoops for it. 10 weeks of grinding for one item that you better not spend on anything that is high-level-viable like Saryn, Melee Weapons or Chroma, because we dont know when either of them will get nerfed into the ground...

That isnt a glas of water offered to a person dying of thirst. This has been a double or triple of activity compared to what they would normally play this game for. This took away from other games for me. We didnt feel happy. We may not be able to verbalize or analyze the cause of our unhappyness sufficiently well to make you understand our position, but we did feel it. A lot of us did. I was very happy about the Nightwave for the fist 5 weeks or so. It was a lot of fun and felt rewarding. Then it turned sour. Hard.

TLDR; Telling people that their feelings are stupid because you feel differently is in no way feedback. It is spam. We have a spambot that starts a debate of "im right you are wrong no matter what you say" already, thanks. No need for another.

Finally I reached tier 30 😁 a lot of work but it was worth the time investment. Looking forward for Season 2!!

Some little feedback, it takes a lot of time to get the S6 armor set and as a cosmetic item looks great, but I fought the Wolf 10 or more times on my way to tier 30 + the time waiting for the fugitives to appear and I really think that just a cosmetic armor set is not enough for all the work it takes to get it. It would be great that the armor sets for tier 30 rewards have some property from the season boss. The Wolf is a bipedal tank, so at least each armor part could give some armor % bonus. If the next boss is a Corpus maybe the armor set can give shield bonus and so on for future seasons.

Regarding to the seasons, I have read a lot of comments about people that doesn't have time to complete it. A good addition to the radio station on the orbiter is: once a season is over, players can tune-in previous Nora programs to complete the challenges when they play and get the tier rewards without the wolf creed offerings that could be exclusive to the current On-Air season. This can help to set an active season boss so players can team up to fight the boss and get his loot or complete a specific season by tuning-in their radio stations to the same season.

IMG_20190503_025555.jpg?raw=1

IMG_20190503_025534.jpg?raw=1

Archived