Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

3 hours ago, --Cyberius-- said:

Only a matter of time before even the 'DE can do no wrong' 'Nightwing is awesome', die hards, see sense and ask for the return of alerts, to at least run side by side to this pointless, annoying, grindfest.

I already switched sides.

I ended up only doing the court-mandated 40 missions per week for the challenges and stopped playing for whatever I actually wanted to play for. If there was no relic quest, I didnt play for prime parts I wanted. If there was no forma quest, i didnt forma my stuff for experimentation.

And I hate it. I got my rank 30, and Im OUT of this. Now I just login, tell my clanmates that want to play that I cant STAND playing because I just felt pressured to do so for 4 weeks, and now I just log off again immediately. Nightwave as a concept is fine imo. Nightwave as a pressure tool is not. This just creates negative emotions in a significant portion of players: The only ones that dont care are the ones that are spamming missions in this game anyway. Casual players and players that are on regularly but dont want to play 5 missions per day feel fatigue and pressure.

Give us an option to postpone and streamline the farming process. Right now it simply takes WAY too much time, and requires you to be playing constantly (not skipping weeks) and significant hours every week... Sure I could have SKIPPED some quests. But then I would have dragged this unbearable burden of "but dont forget to farm because unique rewards" for even MORE weeks. I hated the feeling, from very deep in my soul. So I preferred to bite the bullet and do all of the actricous "play this 8-10 times" quests, because they awareded about 50% of a weeks total standings anway.

I love Nightwave. 🙂 

But I think there should be an option to go back in time and finish the challenges that you missed from the previous week for half the reward. This will encourage people and also lessen than "this feels like a job" feeling.

Also, increase the Wolf spawn rate. 

Good start but hoping for some changes next season. 

25 minutes ago, random__noob said:

And I hate it. I got my rank 30, and Im OUT of this. Now I just login, tell my clanmates that want to play that I cant STAND playing because I just felt pressured to do so for 4 weeks

No one is pressuring you though. You rushed to finish and got burned out. Given the Nightwave runs for 10-12 weeks and only need 300k points out of 420-500k points, it is fairly easy to skip the boring/time-consuming ones.

Second, the pool is fair. DE shouldn't reward people who don't put in hours/play the game and still want rewards... If you don't play, then you don't need rewards, simple. 

27 minutes ago, random__noob said:

Casual players and players that are on regularly but dont want to play 5 missions per day feel fatigue and pressure.

5 missions per day are a lot? Sounds like you are bored with the game but still want the rewards. 

28 minutes ago, random__noob said:

Give us an option to postpone and streamline the farming process. Right now it simply takes WAY too much time, and requires you to be playing constantly (not skipping weeks) and significant hours every week... Sure I could have SKIPPED some quests. But then I would have dragged this unbearable burden of "but dont forget to farm because unique rewards" for even MORE weeks. I hated the feeling, from very deep in my soul. So I preferred to bite the bullet and do all of the actricous "play this 8-10 times" quests, because they awareded about 50% of a weeks total standings anway.

An option to play the missed challenges from previous weeks would be a good addition (at least 50% of the reward). I don't agree with significant hours every week. It barely takes more than 2-3 hours a week to complete the entire set. At best 5-7 hours. 1 hour play time isn't crazy. And if you think it's too much, then you should skip Nightwave and not expect to be rewarded for doing nothing... 🙂 

vor 3 Stunden schrieb IIAxiosII:

No one is pressuring you though. You rushed to finish and got burned out. Given the Nightwave runs for 10-12 weeks and only need 300k points out of 420-500k points, it is fairly easy to skip the boring/time-consuming ones.

Second, the pool is fair. DE shouldn't reward people who don't put in hours/play the game and still want rewards... If you don't play, then you don't need rewards, simple. 

5 missions per day are a lot? Sounds like you are bored with the game but still want the rewards. 

An option to play the missed challenges from previous weeks would be a good addition (at least 50% of the reward). I don't agree with significant hours every week. It barely takes more than 2-3 hours a week to complete the entire set. At best 5-7 hours. 1 hour play time isn't crazy. And if you think it's too much, then you should skip Nightwave and not expect to be rewarded for doing nothing... 🙂 

It's not 10-12 weeks. According to the ingame nav console, this week is 9 of 10 weekly acts. So next week is last week. So no, it is not easy to skip the "boring/time-consuming" ones. I did all I could, still I will fail tier 30.

The pool and the whole system is far from fair. Do you have a family? Do you have a job? Does the fact that I have both make me a player who does not need or deserve rewards? But despite all the effort I put in I will still not be able to get the stuff I wanted (just have 2-3 weeks where your daytime adventures keep you so busy that you cannot shell out the time; you cannot catch up what you missed). So it feels like I wasted a lot of time. Do you consider that fair?

4 minutes ago, MacDex said:

According to the ingame nav console, this week is 9 of 10 weekly acts. So next week is last week.

darling, what you're looking at is the weeklies tracker, not a countdown to the end of the event~

1 hour ago, MacDex said:

It's not 10-12 weeks. According to the ingame nav console, this week is 9 of 10 weekly acts.

1 hour ago, Chicadino said:

darling, what you're looking at is the weeklies tracker, not a countdown to the end of the event~

This.

We have no ETA. Current: Season 1 ends in 3 weeks. Currently, we are in week 7.

So next week is last week. So no, it is not easy to skip the "boring/time-consuming" ones. I did all I could, still I will fail tier 30.

Nope. Still 8-9-10 left. That's min 120k points if you do all = 12 ranks. + daily challenge/mission spawns. 

The pool and the whole system is far from fair. Do you have a family? Do you have a job? Does the fact that I have both make me a player who does not need or deserve rewards?

We all have a job/family/kids. So don't bring that as an excuse to get rewards. No. Set your priorities. If a family/job is more important (it should be), don't focus too much on getting or missing out rewards. The system is fair. 300k out of 450k is fair. 

But despite all the effort I put in I will still not be able to get the stuff I wanted (just have 2-3 weeks where your daytime adventures keep you so busy that you cannot shell out the time; you cannot catch up what you missed). So it feels like I wasted a lot of time. Do you consider that fair?

It's not a waste of time though? You are rewarded for what you DID. You are not rewarded for what you didn't. 

Why should DE or the game reward you for not putting in the hours? 

Why does it have to be I NEED ALL ITEMS? 

Why can't you settle with your progression and rewards?

If Umbral Forma is going to ask players to keep up with it, it is absolutely fair and not everyone should be running with Umbral Forma without working for it. Same goes for exclusive cosmetics. Every game has it. You miss, you lose.

At best I would expect DE to add some sort of half progression/reward for missed weeks allowing users to go back and do those. 

6 hours ago, IIAxiosII said:

Any game that says your playtime FOR YOUR DAILY QUEST QUOTA is supposed to be between 30 minutes and one hour better tell me there is zero stuff you can do in the game besides the dailies. If you skip a day and you know your next day is supposed to be 2 hours to catch back up, you arent feeling enthusiastic.

Yeah of COURSE Nightmare missions and invasions are boring. More so when you are force-fed them several times a day. There is no reward in them that is in any way shape or form relevant to you. Invasions are minimally useful but pale compared to just building the Fieldrons manually, Bounties are just a chore with the occasional Eidolon Lens blueprint so that your side-farming-quest is getting better progress numbers. And in THEORY Vault missions occasionally yield a sellable mod. But try selling something now that every player was encouraged to farm the stuff for themselves.

So I did it for the Umbra Forma, and the umbra forma alone. Thats a lot of hours for that one item. BORING hours. Either less boring or fewer hours would have been more appropriate. And I started to notice the bitter taste after a while, when I was already so far into the ranks that skipping them seemed painful. Also the worst offender quests kept coming back repeatedly...

5 hours ago, random__noob said:

Any game that says your playtime FOR YOUR DAILY QUEST QUOTA is supposed to be between 30 minutes and one hour better tell me there is zero stuff you can do in the game besides the dailies. If you skip a day and you know your next day is supposed to be 2 hours to catch back up, you arent feeling enthusiastic.

Yeah of COURSE Nightmare missions and invasions are boring. More so when you are force-fed them several times a day. There is no reward in them that is in any way shape or form relevant to you. Invasions are minimally useful but pale compared to just building the Fieldrons manually, Bounties are just a chore with the occasional Eidolon Lens blueprint so that your side-farming-quest is getting better progress numbers. And in THEORY Vault missions occasionally yield a sellable mod. But try selling something now that every player was encouraged to farm the stuff for themselves.

So I did it for the Umbra Forma, and the umbra forma alone. Thats a lot of hours for that one item. BORING hours. Either less boring or fewer hours would have been more appropriate. And I started to notice the bitter taste after a while, when I was already so far into the ranks that skipping them seemed painful. Also the worst offender quests kept coming back repeatedly...

Nightwave is basically playing the game. It might be boring for you; not for everyone. If it is really boring why do it? For Umbral Forma? Guess the game has more control on you than yourself. 

There is no reward in them that is in any way shape or form relevant to you.

There are plenty of rewards and you have a choice to buy what you want with Wolf credits too. An entire week of time than sitting and waiting for alerts to show up. No one wants old Nitain system. 

Invasions are minimally useful but pale compared to just building the Fieldrons manually,

Majority of users still do Invasions for materials... 

And in THEORY Vault missions occasionally yield a sellable mod. But try selling something now that every player was encouraged to farm the stuff for themselves.

That's how the game works. You don't want all the items to be profitable or overpowered. "Try selling something now", they still very well. 

The whole thing sounds like you want rewards, GOOD rewards to make plats but don't want to grind in a grinding game.  Whatever DE adds, it's going to have a grind. The whole concept of the game is to grind. Both good and boring grinds. If you don't like it, don't play it. The game is very flexible in that regard. 

Week 8 - very easy. 🙂 

Weekly Acts (3000 standing)

• Saboteur: Complete 3 Sabotage missions -> easy / can do relics as well and get Unlock Relics done.
  • Sound Sleeper: Complete 3 Nightmare missions of any type -> easy
  • Venus Bounty Hunter: Complete 8 Bounties in the Orb Vallis -> Heist #2 bounty works. 2-3 minutes/run. 
  • Eximus Eliminator: Kill 30 Eximus -> easy
  • Unlock Relics: Unlock 3 Relics -> easy
  • Earth Miner: Mine 6 Rare Gems or Ore in the Plains of Eidolon -> easy
  • Rescuer: Complete 3 Rescue missions -> easy / can do relics as well and get Unlock Relics done.

Elite Weekly Acts (5000 standing)

• Eximus Executioner: Kill 100 Eximus -> in a week? easy
  • Day Trader: Win 3 wagers in a row without letting the enemy score in one match of The Index -> can be hard for new-mid players but with CC frames camping, easy.
  • Kill Shot: Kill 1,500 Enemies -> in a week? easy

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Chicadino:

You are right, I found out this morning. My bad for misinterpreting that.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb IIAxiosII:

Why does it have to be I NEED ALL ITEMS?

Where did I say that? The only thing I mentioned is that because of the time limited nature of this event (something alerts never had; one alert = one reward) it is possible to have your efforts not being rewarded AT ALL. I don't care for the smaller tier rewards, there is nothing in there I am interested in. But I cannot choose. To me it is 290.000 standing, then a reward.

This is what I think is wrong. The reward tiers should go. The wolf creds should go. Instead, like with all other syndicates, there should be a shop offering goods for standing only. Then of course you can make umbra forma expensive, but I could save my standing for that and not waste it on stuff I don't want. And thus make my efforts worthwhile.

On 2019-04-14 at 3:33 PM, IIAxiosII said:

No one is pressuring you though.

yeah, except, you know, the fact that its only on for a limited amount of time, needs you to do every single challenge that comes up in order to hit rank 30 before it ends, and the fact that itll probably never come back so if you dont hit 30 you miss out on all the rewards, sure, its not pressuring you at all

On 2019-04-15 at 4:05 AM, IIAxiosII said:

Nightwave is basically playing the game. It might be boring for you; not for everyone. If it is really boring why do it? For Umbral Forma? Guess the game has more control on you than yourself. 

There are plenty of rewards and you have a choice to buy what you want with Wolf credits too. An entire week of time than sitting and waiting for alerts to show up. No one wants old Nitain system. 

Majority of users still do Invasions for materials... 

That's how the game works. You don't want all the items to be profitable or overpowered. "Try selling something now", they still very well. 

The whole thing sounds like you want rewards, GOOD rewards to make plats but don't want to grind in a grinding game.  Whatever DE adds, it's going to have a grind. The whole concept of the game is to grind. Both good and boring grinds. If you don't like it, don't play it. The game is very flexible in that regard. 

Reading is tech. You referred to the Nightwave rewards, I referred to the obsolete missions you need to play for nightwave rewards. People still buy the Overextended mod? Yeah good luck selling that. Supply and demand flip flopped. Invasions for Materials? Bad news, except for Mutagen Mass, they are horrendously inefficient farming.

My point is that Nightwave weeks are sometimes horrendously time intense. I did them anyway, because I do play Warframe and I am aware that it can be grindy. It didnt hurt the first couple weeks. Now I wanted to get it over with. I dont think I want to just quit the game this easily, and over something as non-essential as a reward-system I dont like. But I do have to say that emotionally, I feel very similar about this than I did about Hearthstone. Thats another game I didnt want to quit. I did eventually. Now I dont ever want to start again. You think an hour a day doesnt hurt much? Well tough luck that there are several games out there you can play. And the ones that request the most time on a constant basis are the most likely to get axed. Even, again, if it is just over something nonessential.

But riddle me this: If the only thing I actually WANT from the whole list is the Umbra forma, and I was grinding for that for several weeks, each time for several hours of gameplay: Arent I grinding a really long time for that one item? How many hours of gameplay do you think are fair for one Umbra Forma? What do you need to get on the side to make the journey worthwile? I think the math did not work out for this. And I will think twice next nightwave storyline.

I want to casually do a few relics every once in a while, set my own pace on when I want to get the new content. There is different kinds of farming behaviours. You sound like a person that also grinds for Sibear. I dont. I doubt I ever will.

There are a lot of people that grind more heavily than me, and there are a lot of people that dont invest nearly as much time into this as I do. I got my ranks and I am out. Now I can get Wolf Cred for every 10K standings. 15 Cred though. That is 5 Nitain, probably alright, even though I dont need any. A potate is 75 cred, so 5 level-ups. If DE thinks I will be doing a grind for 50K standings to buy a single potatoe then I dont know what to say about that. Nothing positive, thats for sure.

22 hours ago, Joltyboi said:

yeah, except, you know, the fact that its only on for a limited amount of time, needs you to do every single challenge that comes up in order to hit rank 30 before it ends, and the fact that itll probably never come back so if you dont hit 30 you miss out on all the rewards, sure, its not pressuring you at all

10+ weeks ain't a limited amount of time. Neither is a week's time to complete the challenges.

You don't need to do "every single challenge" to hit rank 30. What a load of crap. Roughly 60-70% is required for 300k points out of min 450k points.

If it's meant to be exclusive (and not return again, which isn't confirmed), then it is worth grinding for. Imagine wanting everything to be handed out for no work. 🤦‍♂️

19 minutes ago, random__noob said:

People still buy the Overextended mod? Yeah good luck selling that. Supply and demand flip flopped.

You clearly never traded or been to the market site if you had not sold an Overextended mod in 2019... There are new users every single day. A new user looking for such mods every single day. You are just complaining.

Invasions for Materials? Bad news, except for Mutagen Mass, they are horrendously inefficient farming.

Horrendously inefficient farming? That's the most efficient way to farm materials unless you want to wait 12 hours to get 1 mat. 😂

23 minutes ago, random__noob said:

My point is that Nightwave weeks are sometimes horrendously time intense. I did them anyway, because I do play Warframe and I am aware that it can be grindy. It didnt hurt the first couple weeks. Now I wanted to get it over with. I dont think I want to just quit the game this easily, and over something as non-essential as a reward-system I dont like.

Skip the time intense missions. You have an option to skip it; you chose not to. 🤷‍♂️

24 minutes ago, random__noob said:

But I do have to say that emotionally, I feel very similar about this than I did about Hearthstone. Thats another game I didnt want to quit. I did eventually. Now I dont ever want to start again.

Hearthstone is literal P2W trash these days or grind for hours and hours for a trash pack. So it doesn't surprise me if you quit since I left that game a year ago too.

You think an hour a day doesnt hurt much? Well tough luck that there are several games out there you can play. And the ones that request the most time on a constant basis are the most likely to get axed. Even, again, if it is just over something nonessential.

You think an hour a day hurts that much? Well, tough luck. I often go on and off with Warframe to play other games. None of it or any reason has stopped me from enjoying Warframe and what if offers. Nor I care about missing out some rewards if I don't have time. If I didn't put in work, then I should be rewarded.

27 minutes ago, random__noob said:

But riddle me this: If the only thing I actually WANT from the whole list is the Umbra forma, and I was grinding for that for several weeks, each time for several hours of gameplay: Arent I grinding a really long time for that one item? How many hours of gameplay do you think are fair for one Umbra Forma? What do you need to get on the side to make the journey worthwile? I think the math did not work out for this. And I will think twice next nightwave storyline.

That's the value of Umbral Forma. It's not your every relic Forma item to get. Treat it as some legendary item in an online game where you spend 100s if not 1000s of hours to get. 

29 minutes ago, random__noob said:

I want to casually do a few relics every once in a while, set my own pace on when I want to get the new content. There is different kinds of farming behaviours. You sound like a person that also grinds for Sibear. I dont. I doubt I ever will.

A week's time to complete missions is more than fair and enough to play at your own pace. Most of the things you do in the game sync with weekly missions. Sure there are some random missions but at least it brings in some variety to your boring routine. 

And, yes, I have farmed for Sibear over years and that grind has rewarded me plenty. 

32 minutes ago, random__noob said:

There are a lot of people that grind more heavily than me, and there are a lot of people that dont invest nearly as much time into this as I do. I got my ranks and I am out. Now I can get Wolf Cred for every 10K standings. 15 Cred though. That is 5 Nitain, probably alright, even though I dont need any. A potate is 75 cred, so 5 level-ups. If DE thinks I will be doing a grind for 50K standings to buy a single potatoe then I dont know what to say about that. Nothing positive, thats for sure.

Anything after 30 is throwing you a bone for playing. Nothing more. The reward table is ended. Everything after that is simply extra. Feel free to do or skip. Simple as that. DE has no reason to even give you 15 credits. 

The whole thing sounds like casual players want the rewards (mainly Umbral Forma) but not want to work for it. Sorry, luv, you don't deserve it. 

Got Saturn Six armor and oh, man, how bad it sits on most frames, using Inaros with Ramses skin and armor is not even attached to frame, there is gap between warframe and armor, i dont know if DE using only one size for every warframe or what

1 minute ago, IIAxiosII said:

You think an hour a day hurts that much? Well, tough luck. I often go on and off with Warframe to play other games. None of it or any reason has stopped me from enjoying Warframe and what if offers. Nor I care about missing out some rewards if I don't have time. If I didn't put in work, then I shouldn't be rewarded.
--
The whole thing sounds like casual players want the rewards (mainly Umbral Forma) but not want to work for it. Sorry, luv, you don't deserve it. 

Axios, while I'm glad you're mostly happy with the new system, you don't speak for all of us. For instance, much of my enjoyment of the game comes from acquiring and messing around with every cosmetic item I can get my hands on, creating new colour schemes and mixing-and-matching skins and helmets within those colour schemes. I get new Warframes not just to try their abilities but for more canvases for customisation. I'm far from the only person that plays the game this way. I'm struggling to get that Wolf armour set even though I play every day, due some real-life issues like a wedding taking some days off, as well as the appearance of Operation: Buried Debts right in the middle.

That doesn't mean I'm asking to be given the rewards for free like the newest Dex item or some Warframe unscheduled update apology reward. All I'm asking for is for rewards to be shuffled a bit for the next Nightwave based on their feedback from this one. It was the Warframe devs themselves that said they wanted to reduce grind moving forward... and once you're above MR20 there's not much in the game to do BUT hunt for rare new cosmetics and such. I don't mind that, because I have more free time to play Warframe than many other players. But I recognise that not everyone can afford to put in 2+ hours a day for 35+ days, out of potentially 65 days total, if they want to feel like they actually completed the event. And no matter how much I love Shadow of the Colossus or Resident Evil, if I had to play them that often daily I'd get very tired of them.

And by the way, that's all with the inclusion of almost every single Elite challenge completed per week. For players who aren't far enough in the game to complete even the easiest of those Elite challenges even with veteran help, they have absolutely no chance.

10+ weeks ain't a limited amount of time.

thats the amount of time it lasts, its not permanent, therefor, it IS a limited amount of time, cause its only on for that amount of time, no more

Imagine wanting everything to be handed out for no work.

get lost, im sorry to get hostile, but get lost, at no point did i say you should be able to get the rewards for no work, im fed up of hearing 455holes go "YoU wAnT tHiNgS fOr No WoRk HuRr DuRr?" no, i dont, i didnt say that, i didnt imply that, theres a difference between wanting things for no work and not wanting to feel forced to go on a game in order to get something before it goes whether you want to play the game or not

edit: and it isnt casual players asking for rewards without work, maybe learn to understand sh1t properly, if youve been on almost/every week since it came out and did as many bounties as you could do, yes "luv", we do deserve the rewards, this isnt a problem for me now that we know its on until may, and that i hit rank 30 on monday, but my issue here is you wrongly thinking that everyone complaining and wanting the items for no work, which is not the case at all

5 hours ago, Myscho said:

Got Saturn Six armor and oh, man, how bad it sits on most frames, using Inaros with Ramses skin and armor is not even attached to frame, there is gap between warframe and armor, i dont know if DE using only one size for every warframe or what

if youre talking about the shoulders on that skin thats an issue with every armour that goes on the shoulders with inaros' delux skin, almost none of them sit on it properly and you can see the connector it sticks out so far

34 minutes ago, (XB1)Salty Ginger said:

How much time do we have left ? (as of this comment)

According the latest forum post from @[DE]Marcus the "earliest date" they will end this nightwave sason is may 15th. Also wolf spawn rates will be increased to 4% (6% for 20+ level missions). Not that it's that much...

1 hour ago, TheFBD said:

According the latest forum post from @[DE]Marcus the "earliest date" they will end this nightwave sason is may 15th. Also wolf spawn rates will be increased to 4% (6% for 20+ level missions). Not that it's that much...

Hmm... I guess theres no hope to get to level 30 If I`m still only level 12.  Thank you for the info!

27 minutes ago, (XB1)Salty Ginger said:

Hmm... I guess theres no hope to get to level 30 If I`m still only level 12.  Thank you for the info!

If my math is not completely off and DE actually ends it on may 15th there will be enough challenges for 16 more ranks after this current week if and only if you do every single challenge. So if you're still on rank 12 at the end of this week, you can only reach rank 28 if you do every available challenge. Not counting in any refugees as they don't add that much. Maybe you haven't done all of them for this week? With some luck - and a lot of tedious grind - you might be able to get to rank 29. Your choice if you think it's worth it.

55 minutes ago, TheFBD said:

If my math is not completely off and DE actually ends it on may 15th there will be enough challenges for 16 more ranks after this current week if and only if you do every single challenge. So if you're still on rank 12 at the end of this week, you can only reach rank 28 if you do every available challenge. Not counting in any refugees as they don't add that much. Maybe you haven't done all of them for this week? With some luck - and a lot of tedious grind - you might be able to get to rank 29. Your choice if you think it's worth it.

If i finish this week ill be half way done with 15. Heres hoping they extend it I would hate to miss 30 by one or two levels!  

Archived