Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

Adding a challenge to kill Silver Grove Spectres would be fine... if you actually first made sure to fix ancient bugs that leave some players with no way to complete the quest because Frostleaf won't spawn. At all. I know what they look like. I know where they're supposed to be. They're impossible to miss when they're there. But they just don't spawn no matter what map that they normally spawn on I try. Reports of this can be found from years ago as I searched for it, yet it still manages to be an issue. I've wasted my time doing a lot of missions I have no need to be doing other than for the Frostleaf. As I just hit 666 hours on Steam for the game I guess it's fitting to be hellishly annoyed at it right now. I guess I now know why they made it an elite challenge, since apparently a player must hack the game/server to get a required ingredient to spawn?

vor 5 Minuten schrieb tvih:

Adding a challenge to kill Silver Grove Spectres would be fine... if you actually first made sure to fix ancient bugs that leave some players with no way to complete the quest because Frostleaf won't spawn. At all. I know what they look like. I know where they're supposed to be. They're impossible to miss when they're there. But they just don't spawn no matter what map that they normally spawn on I try. Reports of this can be found from years ago as I searched for it, yet it still manages to be an issue. I've wasted my time doing a lot of missions I have no need to be doing other than for the Frostleaf. As I just hit 666 hours on Steam for the game I guess it's fitting to be hellishly annoyed at it right now. I guess I now know why they made it an elite challenge, since apparently a player must hack the game/server to get a required ingredient to spawn?

Not the best solution but you can ask at least a friend or in recrut chat i guess for someone donating apothics to complete the challange sicne those at least count in team.

Speaking of, why on one hand does DE want us to have friend and clan challanges but then when it comes to things like 100 Eximus kills those count not in team, it is not hard sure but still annoying to do then. Why want us to do team things but then for such want us to be selfish pricks?

1 minute ago, Marine027 said:

Not the best solution but you can ask at least a friend or in recrut chat i guess for someone donating apothics to complete the challange sicne those at least count in team.

Since I'm doing the initial quest and not the repeatable farm, I'm not sure that works. I can only enter the quest version of the node, and I can't enter it without the Sunrise Apothic equipped (in fact, since I don't have the Apothic right now I can't even see the node until I do). I'm not sure if taxiing me to the post-quest node would work, seems kind of unlikely?

Gerade eben schrieb tvih:

Since I'm doing the initial quest and not the repeatable farm, I'm not sure that works. I can only enter the quest version of the node, and I can't enter it without the Sunrise Apothic equipped (in fact, since I don't have the Apothic right now I can't even see the node until I do). I'm not sure if taxiing me to the post-quest node would work, seems kind of unlikely?

That seems true but if soemoen else starts a normal node it should work i guess still i assume if the groove spawns normaly then.

If you want i guess we could try, got spare apothics gladly.

1 hour ago, Marine027 said:

That seems true but if soemoen else starts a normal node it should work i guess still i assume if the groove spawns normaly then.

If you want i guess we could try, got spare apothics gladly.

Thanks for the offer. I just read up on it and realized the shrines spawn on Earth Forest tilesets in general after the quest. So I suppose it might work for those who haven't done the quest as long as someone in the group has? Not sure I have time/energy to try it today though, spent too much time last night in WF as it was trying to get the quest done.

Gerade eben schrieb tvih:

Thanks for the offer. I just read up on it and realized the shrines spawn on Earth Forest tilesets in general after the quest. So I suppose it might work for those who haven't done the quest as long as someone in the group has? Not sure I have time/energy to try it today though, spent too much time last night in WF as it was trying to get the quest done.

Sure thing and i just realize i done it with a friend already who not has the Quest yet but it counted for him, so i can confirm it works that way.

1 minute ago, Marine027 said:

Sure thing and i just realize i done it with a friend already who not has the Quest yet but it counted for him, so i can confirm it works that way.

Good to know. I guess I can then try to whip up the resources for one of the other apothics and join a group doing the challenge so that I won't be a mere "freerider".

Naturally I'd like to finish the quest itself too, but I guess that'll have to wait.

10 hours ago, Leon-Darkheart said:

youre basicly right but then again a bit flawed with your logic yourself.

sure the game is about farming but also not taxi around. no mather how or what, people should enjoy the game as it should be and not "all over the place" where they shouldnt be. maybe not only coz of farming or level reasons but more maybe "lore" aka story reasons. We should not forget, Warframe has a good lore to enjoy and they can pretty much ruin this if they see what places will later be which are not there from the begining (Lua, as sample).

You didnt have the discussion about taxies with me, it was some other dude.

Am 29.3.2019 um 04:55 schrieb BratwurstBob:

It's now been the 5th time this Wolf guy appears at Hydron where everyone is leveling their stuff, and it sucks really bad to try and kill him for the next 10 minutes with everyone under equipped for the task.

Now he's bringing his 3 unkillable henchmen as well and it sucks even more. So much so that everyone died and he didn't take a scratch from our puny guns. Could you please not let him appear there? It serves no purpose and i must say: although I play daily and for long hours, why does he always appear there for me and nowhere else? Why?

Is that really working as intended? I for one am pretty much frustrated with this guy, he is too annoying and uninteresting as I watch my double digit damage numbers do nothing to him.

And now it been the 6th time that I had to deal with Wolf on Hydron. This time I had a lvl 30 Synoid Heliocor with 58 points of mods equipped and he took ZERO damage. That's right. The weapon was even modded for channeling dmg and still not a single scratch from me.

I quit the map tbh, as he appeared right after the first wave and the weapon just got maxed anyway. So far this guy has been nothing but a pita for me, not enjoying this damage sponge at all. 

On 2019-03-15 at 9:57 PM, Morelle said:

Sortie requires you to complete certain quests and have certain nodes open. Also a basic knowledge of damage and mission types. Also there's no time limit for Sortie missions. Putting it easy - sorties can be completed without a single Forma in your equipment.

Tridolon requires you to have a specific equipment at the very least - and I'm talking about just killing it. Try to form a squad with 4 Mote Amps, no Formas on either frames or weapons, and then just kill the guy in a 50-minute window.

The effort differs, as you can see.

exactly, tridolon is much harder also, to kill the last one u have to capture the first 2. and they have same amount  of standing as finishing a sortie. SMH

Am 31.3.2019 um 18:16 schrieb BratwurstBob:

And now it been the 6th time that I had to deal with Wolf on Hydron. This time I had a lvl 30 Synoid Heliocor with 58 points of mods equipped and he took ZERO damage. That's right. The weapon was even modded for channeling dmg and still not a single scratch from me.

I quit the map tbh, as he appeared right after the first wave and the weapon just got maxed anyway. So far this guy has been nothing but a pita for me, not enjoying this damage sponge at all. 

The 8th time overall I get to see the Wolf and again on Hydron. My unranked Mutalist Quanta did 17 dmg per shot. We all just fell over like wet paper as none of us had anything equipped that would impress him... by now i just hate this stupid guy, just take him out of Hydroin already, there is absolutely no point to it. 

14 hours ago, BratwurstBob said:

The 8th time overall I get to see the Wolf and again on Hydron. My unranked Mutalist Quanta did 17 dmg per shot. We all just fell over like wet paper as none of us had anything equipped that would impress him... by now i just hate this stupid guy, just take him out of Hydroin already, there is absolutely no point to it. 

He should get a dedicated assassination mission. His spawn rate is much too low to constantly expect him in every mission and be equipped to fight him (after hundreds of missions since his launch i've seen him twice, only dropping old mods). That's the reason why the only people who have his hammer are those who put in hundreds of plat for it. Supposedly his spawn rate is as high as for the other field bosses like stalker, zanuka and g3, but i've seen those literally twice a day now for weeks. So i doubt that big time.

On 2019-02-28 at 9:36 AM, [DE]Bear said:

We have a multitude of players, and Warframe is fundamentally a co-op game. While a majority of these events can be completed in a solo setting, we wanted to be able to reward those who also spend time playing this game with friends and allies. We are going to be looking at feedback with many eyes as this new system is rolled out, so keep your thoughts coming. For everyone who has these concerns, what else would you like to see? Feedback is important, but keep it constructive, please.

Co-op is the word, not "forced into".. If we wish to run Co-op it should be our choice.. I started my Clan as a solo clan because I prefer to get in and do it myself, and after 4000 hrs I have a few clan members that I have played with now for a couple of years but being older working guys and gals we don't always get team timings so we mostly solo.  But DE to force this on players that solo or cant get their mates online is just wrong.  Making it "with other players" as that fits the co-op side of your requirement .. it doesnt have to be with friends or clanmates.

Well, I got into this game for a few months about 5 years ago, spent a little cash to unlock a few extra slots and have a bit of plat handy. Had to quit due to real life, as my work had me traveling to many remote regions constantly, and my laptop was not capable of running games.

Just recently came back, was having great fun for a couple weeks, then nightwave hit. It is exhausting. I know someone will pop in here to tell me it is optional, and that if I don't like the nw tasks no one is forcing me to do them. That's right, no one is forcing me to play warframe either. Last time I quit due to real life, this time, I am liable to quit soon from exhaustion due to nightwave. Nightwave makes what was lots of fun into an exhausting list of chores.

Wolf is a p.i.t.a. too. Before I ran into him a few times and fighting him was a time consuming chore, like most of nightwave. Now though, with his three invulnerable henchmen it is more like a punishment. This is not an exciting or rewarding encounter, it is just not fun. Since he got his henchmen, every single time I have ran into him (quite a few times), everyone in the squad aborted leaving me fighting him solo. They aborted because it is not fun, and I hardly blame them.

Even the fugitives are a p.i.t.a.. Of course most of us need the nightwave standing so we are going to go after them, but for 150 standing, it is hardly worth the effort. During the event in orb vallis when they were worth 300 it didn't feel quite so tedious. They should be worth 300 always, and for such a time limited and region specific event, 600. But really, little fixes like this are nowhere near enough to fix the exhausting pile of chores that nightwave is.

Edit: As for constructive feedback, bring back alerts, and keep nightwave. Improve alerts and improve nightwave.

Nightwave improvements: Wolf creds should not be in the progression rewards, but should be earned along with nitghtwave standing from each task. This way, people who need nitain for instance can invest a reasonable amount of time into completing a few nw tasks and earn the creds they need, as opposed to weeks of grinding. Wolf creds should be Nora creds and should carry over from one act to another. The rewards should be chosen by the players, each tier they can choose one. Then players wouldn't feel they were being forced to do tons of chores to get the one or two things they want. This boils down to simply not forcing players to play something they don't want to play, some players would grind through 5 tiers to get the things they want, others through 15, and if you make the rewards really good, then many players, who have the time, will play through 20 or 30 tiers, but then players wouldn't feel forced into an exhausting weekly list of chores.

Alerts improvements: Make alerts be randomly generated quests that involve 2 or 3 hops around the star chart with different rewards for each leg of the quest. The quests can have random challenge elements that could grant additional rewards. These quests could include bosses that were randomly generated with a modular character model system, and lists of possible abilities, strengths and weaknesses, possible companions, etc.. The potential here is limitless. The alerts should drop into players alert ques where the past two alerts will remain available until they are either completed, or replaced with new alerts. Once a player completes any given alert it will no longer be available to that player, however players could share their alert ques. So if you already completed an alert, and got the rewards, then you could not access that alert directly again, however, if I had not yet done the alert, then I could invite you into my squad and start it from my alert que, and you could do it again and get the rewards again, but make the rewards different for each successive run, dwindling towards less valuable/rare.

All I would like is the weekly challenges to not expire until the entire thing is over. I don't think that is too much to ask right? The dailies can expire but those weeklies can be rough to complete with so much going on. Events everywhere! Barely get time to focus on weapons or frames (aka getting more and forma-ing up). If the weeklies the pressure to complete all nightwave stuff wouldn't be there and I can do it more casually while working on content I want to focus on. Not content I fear I'll miss out due to a timer.

On 2019-02-27 at 8:36 PM, [DE]Bear said:

We have a multitude of players, and Warframe is fundamentally a co-op game. While a majority of these events can be completed in a solo setting, we wanted to be able to reward those who also spend time playing this game with friends and allies. We are going to be looking at feedback with many eyes as this new system is rolled out, so keep your thoughts coming. For everyone who has these concerns, what else would you like to see? Feedback is important, but keep it constructive, please.

Could we get a choice on this, I.E, keep the Friend/Clan mate Mission, but add a Solo mission with the same reward, but with the choice, you lockout it's companion mission. This way we get the best of both worlds ?.

Archived