Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Prime Time #238: Tonight at 7pm ET!

[DE]Megan

e690de407c03a3a7525a25e3d0f767c3.jpg

Are you listening, Dreamers?

Nightwave is airing on ALL platforms! Rebecca and Megan are tuning in to walk you through Nightwave Series 1, Episode 1: The Wolf of Saturn Six.

PLUS, don’t miss the newest Warframe Community Fan Art and a Display Twitch Drop!

See you here tonight, February 28th at 7pm ET. Check your time zones here.

Please ensure your correct Twitch account and Warframe account are linked to receive Twitch Drops: https://www.warframe.com/twitch/link

*Don’t forget to get your Dojo in shape ... you never know when we could come knocking! 

Nintendo Switch Tenno: By installing the Youtube app for free on your Nintendo Switch, you can conveniently watch the stream on the Warframe Youtube channel from your portable system!

13 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

It's still too late to watch live in Europe, plus nightwave really sucks.

Bring back the 6 year successful alert system instead.

it's something fresh and a change, you can satisfy most of the players most of the time but cannot satisfy all of the players all of the time, give it a chance 😉

Hey DE I think there's alot of good goin on with Nightwave but with a major issue of progression throttling that's also layered with RNG that makes it less worthwhile than the alert system which, whilst timer based was straightforward (especially considering alerts was a way of granting crucial materials to new players, nightwaves demands have serious potential to alienate new players not acclimatized to warframes grind).

Having just gotten through all the weekly challenges and realising the reward for a weeks worth is 50 creds, the price of the exchange is far worse off than the amount of time players would invest in alerts.

for 1 weeks worth of challenges we get to tier 3 and could buy like 1 helmet and some 5 nitain, when we used to reliably although annoyingly get 4 through alerts a day (whilst not having to sacrifice other alert goodies).

with tier 30 being the top is this nightwave really meant to last 10 weeks? (just going of weekly challenges that would be the reliable way of earning standing for those players with schedules) considering many players have lives outside of warframe this could be unintentionally lock off this new content to all but the most grind obsessed players who can get fugitives and the wolf to spawn through brute force mission spam.

with this in mind both the challenge refresh rate and the price of previously readily available materials could both use simultaneous reassessment to even come close to matching the alert system in accessibility and generosity (Which i was very impressed with when first starting warframe, been playing for a year and a half now). 

I hope this is feedback is appreciated! for the sake of future tenno and veterans alike!

(in an attempt to leave more constructive criticism, some suggestions outside of just reducing the grind)

-have the rng events provide wolf creds alongside their standing

-have challenges unlock their own reward akin to the previous alerts

35 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

Warframe needs to change, and DE knows that. It gets boring grinding like crazy sometimes. And I still want to see DE implement an endless Mobile Defense mission and more endless fissure missions, like survival and defence for each relic type would be great to have constantly, opening relics has a good satisfaction feeling. Nighwave is dope!

57 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

You don't have to watch it live, also, there are enough streams that are at a good CE(S)T Time. 

Endless Mobile Defense would be great for landscape maps, especially if they allow individual extraction.

Agreed that while the Nightwave supports goal-oriented farming, the alerts should still be active in some form to keep players busy as well as give new or overly busy Tenno quick access to rare supplies. If not alerts, maybe a chance to spawn a cache in-mission that could drop the same things?

Also, I get that it's a radio, but it feels weird accessing this stuff while standing halfway on a ramp - especially when there's an unused console to the left of the navigation hub. Most of my clan didn't even know the radio existed.

Liking Nightwave so far with a few gripes that will be balanced out or I'll live with.

- A secondary way of getting the Wolf creds, balance dependent of course.

- Having a friend = Elite. Can we not have this? Doing 2 x Sortie is fine, Talk to all NPC's is fine, Solo Sortie 3 Lephantis with a fishing spear, a hobbled Dragon key equipped without getting detected or downed is fine, Romance Konzu is fine. Don't make me talk to people. I can't do any of these but at least I have the option of getting better or pubbing it.

Anyhow, love the game and what you folks do.  

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

e690de407c03a3a7525a25e3d0f767c3.jpg

Are you listening, Dreamers?

Nightwave is airing on ALL platforms! Rebecca and Megan are tuning in to walk you through Nightwave Series 1, Episode 1: The Wolf of Saturn Six.

PLUS, don’t miss the newest Warframe Community Fan Art and a Display Twitch Drop!

See you here tonight, February 28th at 7pm ET. Check your time zones here.

Please ensure your correct Twitch account and Warframe account are linked to receive Twitch Drops: https://www.warframe.com/twitch/link

*Don’t forget to get your Dojo in shape ... you never know when we could come knocking! 

Nintendo Switch Tenno: By installing the Youtube app for free on your Nintendo Switch, you can conveniently watch the stream on the Warframe Youtube channel from your portable system!

Comin' up next on the nightly Nightwave broadcast, Meg' n' Reb' layin' down the law!
(Came up with that "radio ad" on the fly)

New reward system is a tad odd, but I still love the game for what it is. I'm all for change, and introducing Nora is awesome. Keep up the awesomeness, DE.

So I am absolutely hating this Nightwave system for rewards.  The fact there there is only one daily and the rest is weekly is a horrible idea.  I used to be able to get reactors without having to wait weeks. Especially those Nitain Extracts. I am fairly certain your dev team took a play book from EA and made it difficult just to get more money from your customers.  This is no longer becoming enjoyable to play.  I was okay with the moderate level of farming, but not this system.

12 minutes ago, demotech said:

So I am absolutely hating this Nightwave system for rewards.  The fact there there is only one daily and the rest is weekly is a horrible idea.  I used to be able to get reactors without having to wait weeks. Especially those Nitain Extracts. I am fairly certain your dev team took a play book from EA and made it difficult just to get more money from your customers.  This is no longer becoming enjoyable to play.  I was okay with the moderate level of farming, but not this system.

You need to adapt to change, man. This is an ever evolving game, and it probably will take some time getting used to the new reward system. Besides, Nora offers a bundle of Nitain Extract now instead of a single Nitain Extract.

2 hours ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

Can't say I agree at all.  Nightwave is a great modernization pass phasing out really archaic and unambitious systems to try and keep people interested (i.e. forcing people to stay on enough to notice the alerts, or after the development of notification apps, come back at specific points when they get an alert notification) by gating specific components behind walls of waiting.  Now, it's one thing to have to wait before you can craft an item in the foundry (and people complain about that to start with), but to have to wait for an alert to come up that might be when you are at work/school/taking care of the kid/indisposed/whatever?  I don't think I'd call that a "6 year successful" system.  More like a "6 year necessary frustration," given that DE didn't have a replacement plan worked out until Nightwave now.

Alerts and mission affinity challenges were to keep people coming back and add a little incentive to try different gameplay styles, respectively.  They were very unambitious attempts to do so, but entirely understandable giving they go back to the dawn of time, when Warframe was just getting its feet on the ground.  It's really time for them to go as they are showing their age badly.  Nightwave seeks to do accomplish those same two goals, but in a system that looks much friendlier and more convenient to me.  Plus, we get new "events" going on in the Origin System, which I think is cool.

This also makes the game more approachable to newer players who see long term goals, can earn free slots within their first few months even without grinding out the Elite Weekly challenges (that will be far over their heads) to help them get started (slots are always tightest at first, when you have the fewest daily trades for free players and are still waiting on your first good plat coupon for paying players), AND they don't have to worry about constantly seeking taxis to parts of the system waaaay ahead of the content they are equipped to handle at the start to leech for an alert reward that they know they need to stockpile every time it gets on (that really distracts from star chart progression, which should be the goal for a new player).

TLDR: Nightwave modernizes the game, takes out the inconvenient and sometimes unfair-feeling factors of alerts, offers new long-term goals to shoot for, and makes the game much more approachable for new players (which have always struggled with the content overload of this game that they have at first).  It's good for the game, and alerts were more of a barebones minimally functional system than the huge success you are making them out to be.

Personally, as someone who's only played for about a month, I like the idea of the nightwave system, but it's a lot stingier than the alert system, and that really needs to change. Wolfcreds need to be more readily available, and adding rare resources like Oxium, Tellurium, Kubrow Eggs, and Kavat Genetic Codes to the purchasables would make farming those a lot less frustrating. 

I also haven't seen a good replacement for the basic credit rewards, which is a problem since for players who haven't gotten a good index build yet, farming alerts was one of the best ways to earn credits.

Finally, I'm a bit concerned about how slow reputation is accumulated. If someone only plays an hour or two a day, getting all the week's "acts" is going to monopolize all their in game time, and if you want some of those highly desirable rewards at the end of the progression (Hello Umbra Forma!), you're going to need to clear most if not all of the acts each week unless nightwaves are 6 month affairs.

Archived