Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I attempted your 60 min Challenge, DE...

(PSN)GrayFox878

And at the 54 minute mark the host got a dc and when it migrated the mission timer bugged.

If your going waste my time by putting in a ridiculous 60 min challenges, DE, at least make sure bugs like this don't happen.

It's impossible to eradicate all bugs you say? Fine, then don't put in 60 mins challenges... 

I sincerely hope I can still get to reward level 30 of nightwave still, but I am NOT doing that crap again.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, (PS4)GrayFox878 said:

And at the 54 minute mark the host got a dc and when it migrated the mission timer bugged.

If your going waste my time by putting in a ridiculous 60 min challenges, DE, at least make sure bugs like this don't happen.

It's impossible to eradicate all bugs you say? Fine, then don't put in 60 mins challenges... 

I sincerely hope I can still get to reward level 30 of nightwave still, but I am NOT doing that crap again.

You can miss around 13k rep per week over the course of Nightwave Series 1 and still cap out at the end, and that's assuming you don't get any Saturn 6 escapees or kill The Wolf, over the course of the event, so overall you're almost certainly fine.

1 hour ago, (PS4)GrayFox878 said:

Yeah, that's one of the many reasons I will never do such challenges as there is a risk of something like this happing.

Xax, it is DE's problem if the disconnect or bug is their fault.

Edited by (PS4)Aneres_Omega

1 minute ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

This is nonsense my dude. It isn't unreasonable to expect a game to work. 

It's not really even "expecting a game to work".

Expecting 60 minutes of uninterrupted connection Peer-to-Peer without a middleman server is just plain unreasonable in of itself. Our PCs are not servers. We don't have business-class internet connections, we don't have guaranteed uptime, and gaming PCs can crash. Power outages can happen.

There's probably 100 things that can happen in 60 minutes that will utterly screw over all 4 people as it did with the OP, a Host Migration at 54 minutes only points to the underlying problem of asking people to do such long missions and basing everything on Endless-style missions where you need to do 20+ minutes.

I hate Survival and Defense for this reason, I don't like staying in a mission any longer than 10-20 minutes unless I'm solo. But then of course, all of these endless missions have instant-fail conditions that are not solo friendly.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

You can miss around 13k rep per week over the course of Nightwave Series 1 and still cap out at the end, and that's assuming you don't get any Saturn 6 escapees or kill The Wolf, over the course of the event, so overall you're almost certainly fine.

Except his time was still wasted and there will probably be just as many obnoxious "challenges" in the future. 

I like how some people utterly fail to understand how Networking works.

In another thread (the one that got locked), @Xaxma said "You can adjust what pings you connect to". Um, do you not know how Networking works?

Pings are not the sole cause of interrupts in play. You can lose the entire mission to.....

1). A power outage.

2). A PC crash (regardless of how powerful or not your rig is)

3). The game crashing (Warframe is 99.9% stable, but that 0.1% could strike at any time, including 54 minutes into a mission)

4). A Modem/Router locking up.

5). Any computer between you and the rest of your peers deciding to go 'durrrrr' and stop transmitting data for 5-10 seconds.

6). Host can have an awesome internet connection and a very low ping, but a PC barely able to run Warframe and your lag will spike during a survival because their PC is choking on how much data it has to process.

NONE OF THESE HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOUR PING. (all-caps is for emphasis, not yelling)

All of the above can happen, even if your pings are 50ms or less. Now I know what @Xaxma is going to say to this: "Your router sucks" or "Your modem sucks", or "Your PC sucks". It doesn't matter how good your hardware is, this stuff can happen to anybody's hardware, regardless of the quality. You could have a $5,000 rig and it can lock up. Instead of putting the blame on the player, why don't we take a step back and realize that the problem really lies within the game design, expecting people to do unreasonable things, instead?

And it doesn't matter if any of the above happens to you, or the Host, you will lose all progress in the mission (because Host Migration still isn't very reliable).

This is why, over the years, I've been very outspoken against long missions because the game does not have any protections against this kind of stuff whatsoever, no recourse of action to recover lost time/efforts, nothing. No partial mission rewards, nothing.

To try to force people to spend 60 minutes in one mission is ridiculous. There's no other way to say that. Expecting reliable 60 minute continuous peer-to-peer connections is just not reasonable.

And again: Ping has absolutely nothing to do with it; you can have a 1ms LAN connection and still have any of the aforementioned problems happen (except for maybe an ISP or other computer locking up).

Edited by Xylia
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

I just find it funny that people complained about there wanting to be a reason to stay in a mission longer and now that they put a reason in people complain they have to stay longer. 😛

Some people complained about not having reason to stay longer.

Many people, like myself, realize how much it sucks to lose 30min+ of work because of something entirely out of our control like a power outage, or somebody else's computer taking a derp.

22 minutes ago, Zonction said:

You just need to do approximately 60% of total "event" mission of nightave to be rank 30 and have all recompenses.

So dont worry if you dont do these 2 mission of survival.

False.

You need 60% of the total standing possible to achieve Rank 30.

This is not 60% of the total number of Acts and since Elite Weekly acts are worth five times as much Standing as Daily Acts, this really adds up fast if they keep throwing Elites out that are not possible for your average player. That, and it isn't just one, but rather a Weekly + Elite Weekly that are both like this, so that's 8,000 standing you're missing just because of these two acts.

Add to that, in the same week they decided it'd be such an awesome idea to expect your average player to be able to solo Level 70 enemies in an elite Sanctuary mission.

Yaaa okay, sure.

Edited by Xylia

4 hours ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

I just find it funny that people complained about there wanting to be a reason to stay in a mission longer and now that they put a reason in people complain they have to stay longer. 😛

And this is the very reason Xaxma made one of the topics she did.  The forums say they want one thing, and then complain like spoiled children when DE gives it to them.  DE is pretty much damned if they do and damned if they don't.  

6 minutes ago, Enialyx said:

Actually, 70%. Someone redid the math.

That math is done under the assumption that it will be exactly 10 weeks. Steve said 10ish. For all we know the half week could be the ish, with another 10 full weeks to follow.

Based on that assumption then we may only have "10ish" weeks of time, but we'll have gotten about 11 weeks worth of challenges (besides a few dailies). That's ~27,000 required a week, which is 62% and inline with what Steve stated (60"-65%).

So actually we don't know for certain. We can take Steve at his word if we want, we can also remain skeptical, but we can't really correct people and say "this is the correct math".

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

And this is the very reason Xaxma made one of the topics she did.  The forums say they want one thing, and then complain like spoiled children when DE gives it to them.  DE is pretty much damned if they do and damned if they don't.  

To be fair, giving someone a reason to stay in a mission for longer is different than requiring someone to stay in a mission for longer.

I never asked for longer missions, and I'd appreciate not being strongarmed into doing it, thanks.

Edited by Xylia
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

So actually we don't know for certain. We can take Steve at his word if we want, we can also remain skeptical, but we can't really correct people and say "this is the correct math".

"Based on the assumption that it's 2,5 months, you'll need 70%."

Better? With 10+ weeks of grinding, err on the side of caution.

Just now, Enialyx said:

"Based on the assumption that it's 2,5 months, you'll need 70%."

Why even assume in the first place though?

We were told it'll be 10ish weeks, the math fits 10ish weeks, the season isn't over yet so there's no reason to suspect this to be wrong. I honestly don't see the point in going "But the math doesn't fit when it's 10 weeks!".

I mean, duh?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Xylia said:

and I'd appreciate not being strongarmed into doing it, thanks.

And just how are you being "strong-armed" into doing them?  You don't have to do any of them.  I'm only doing the challenges that I like and completely skipping the ones that either I don't like or might not be able to do (such as eidolon).  I completely skipped the Hydrolyst one in the last set and doing just fine with my Nightwave standing.  Just as I might skip the Kuva survival one.  No one is forcing you to do any or all of them but yourself.  DE hasn't put a gun to your head and "strong-armed" you to do anything.  So please stop trying to imply that they are.  It's giving a false narrative.  

3 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

And just how are you being "strong-armed" into doing them?  You don't have to do any of them.  I'm only doing the challenges that I like and completely skipping the ones that either I don't like or might not be able to do (such as eidolon).  I completely skipped the Hydrolyst one in the last set and doing just fine with my Nightwave standing.  Just as I might skip the Kuva survival one.  No one is forcing you to do any or all of them but yourself.  DE hasn't put a gun to your head and "strong-armed" you to do anything.  So please stop trying to imply that they are.  It's giving a false narrative.  

You need 60-70% of the total standing.

This week features not one, but two 60 minute survivals totalling 8,000 standing between the two.

Pretty sure missing 8,000 standing this week means that you won't get the 30k standing this week avg to keep on track for the 30 ranks over 10 weeks if you want to see Rank 30 before all the stuff is yanked away, esp since one of the other 5k acts involves a Lv70 solo mission which I can't do that either.

And another asks for 8 rare mods in one week. hahaha yeah right. I've gotten 2 so far.

Edited by Xylia