The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orbiter 3.0 maybe?

TioMegaManX

There is a number of things a lot of players may want in the orbiter which would also include some QoL stuff on top so I think it is a good time to discuss them to see if we can simplify these requests.

Kennel: a rework on the incubator and stasis mechanics, it could use some research to unlock like the usual incubator and other segments for the orbiter, the concept? a handwave to remove stasis, this turns into a full room where your pets will be around, not all of them visible at once for those who happen to keep a bunch of stasis slots, then your active pet will be the one which roams around the orbiter like usual.

Shooting Range: while not a full on simulacrum at least you could just have a small room to practice shooting when checking some builds, simple targets and a display that can track your damage numbers, maybe a sand bag somewhere to check melee.

Any suggestions?

Edited by VanFanel1980mx
  • Like 4

We're gonna be able to do anything we currently can on the Orbiter on Railjacks. You can even see this in this video - you can see stuff like the Foundry and Arsenal aboard.

So, I'd say that this probably qualifies as Orbiter 2.0

• Like 1

I agree with the shooting range. At the very least, I would like a shortcut to the simulacrum. I don’t really like the process of going to a relay, loading screen, going to Simaris, going to simulacrum, loading screen.

At least half of that travel time can be cut out.

• Like 3

I kind of want to know what the orbiter looks like? For the longest time I assumed that the landing craft WAS the orbiter and I didn’t get how the foundry could build a whole other ship. 

Maybe a Shuttle Bay where you can look at all your landing craft.

And a bathroom for your Operator.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

I kind of want to know what the orbiter looks like? For the longest time I assumed that the landing craft WAS the orbiter and I didn’t get how the foundry could build a whole other ship. 

You can see the orbiter's exterior in the codex if you have scanned all required cephalon fragments.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)KresTias said:

Articula?

Are those the little statues?

Im thinking more like a whole giant room where you can display all your weapons like a James Bond movie and something like armour stands where all your Frames are kept when you aren’t using them. 

Edited by (NSW)Sk0rp1on
Typo, clarity

20 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

We're gonna be able to do anything we currently can on the Orbiter on Railjacks. You can even see this in this video - you can see stuff like the Foundry and Arsenal aboard.

So, I'd say that this probably qualifies as Orbiter 2.0

Railjacks is a Clan ship, while the orbiter is a personal ship. For many this is a huge difference. I know of a few people already who have mentioned starting their own clan to get their own railjack ship.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

rhsAmQG.png

This is the orbiter and whats inside the circle is the liset "Where we are actually in the game decorating. We still need access the the rest of the big ship

• Like 3

Id like to see more functions for the Helmenth room rather then just pimple popping. I mean there is a bed in there, like what the heck was it going to be used for?

I feel a shooting range would be more fitting in a dojo then in our orbitor but a kennel or way to display pets (other then having them wondering around the ship) would be appreciated. 

More shelving would also be nice. I don't really want to place my noggles on the floor where I keep my Ayatans but Im running out of above ground room without resorting to makeshift shelf's out of picture frames.

I know it doesn't make since but I would like a bed for the operator. We have been in a sitting position for so long that its a wonder our body hasn't begun to fail from blood being unable to properly circulate. If the point is for us to "dream" I think we could do that in a bed.

A weapon display rack would be nice even if it only showed a random set of weapons you owned.

I would also like to be able to visit Ordis or see him personally like we can with Suda and Semaris. Like outside the little chat box that shows up when he speaks where the heck is he on the ship? Why can't I go make fun of him to his face?

3 minutes ago, MacKerris said:

Railjacks is a Clan ship, while the orbiter is a personal ship. For many this is a huge difference. I know of a few people already who have mentioned starting their own clan to get their own railjack ship.

and that's a valid reason to point out that  clan exclusive stuff like ships is not a good way to encourage people to join clans as since it is a clan exclusive and that it looked like there is only one railjack per clan means then why join an existing clan when you can make your own private clan and be able to use the ship yourself rather then be a way to encourage more clan fun.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, maddragonmaster said:

and that's a valid reason to point out that  clan exclusive stuff like ships is not a good way to encourage people to join clans as since it is a clan exclusive and that it looked like there is only one railjack per clan means then why join an existing clan when you can make your own private clan and be able to use the ship yourself rather then be a way to encourage more clan fun.

I applaud DE for attempting to increase the fun of grouping and hanging out with your clan. But I agree with you that there is a negative to exclusive items. Especially when someone is a solo player or wants their own "cool" item.

10 minutes ago, MacKerris said:

Either way, it's serving as an orbiter with more functionality.

So, more like an orbiter 2.5

10 minutes ago, MacKerris said:

IIRC each player will have their own personal railjack, actually. I think in the devstream it was mentioned despite the docking bay for it being inside the clan dojo, you'll see your own personal ship there client side. So i think we'll all get our own railjack, just whoever is host at the time of a mission will be their own railjack that other players come onto. Have to rewatch the devstream that was shown on for verification though.

Just now, MacKerris said:

I applaud DE for attempting to increase the fun of grouping and hanging out with your clan. But I agree with you that there is a negative to exclusive items. Especially when someone is a solo player or wants their own "cool" item.

and i agree that it would be nice to try and increase the fun of grouping and hanging out. i just am a bit skeptical on it. especially if it involves a giving out cool looking ship and only have 1 per clan and not being able to have a say in its design.

1 minute ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

WAIT! Railjack is PvP? I still think PvP in Warframe was a huge mistake.

No, it isn't.

Or if it is, it is not the main advertised feature.

Rewatch the reveal, they very clearly show PvE content.

3 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

WAIT! Railjack is PvP? I still think PvP in Warframe was a huge mistake.

5 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Well, those people are highly uninformed.

Let me clarify. 

People seem to come up with all sorts of ideas based on what is sometimes said or hinted at in dev streams. When the said something comes out we find that the speculation was off. 

that's all