Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

im starting to feel the pain of limbo mains after giving him a try on fractures

Joltyboi

19 hours ago, Rhundis said:

Ironically I don’t seem to have this issue. My build revolves around duration only so everything else is default 100%, so no massive range. People only seem to complain when Limbo’s rift is unusually large and I can agree that can get interfering. Best way to not annoy people (that I’ve found) is to use his 4 to lock down a location (in this case a fissure) but only use his 2 in clutch situations. A well placed stasis could save a mission.

But I agree, playing a Limbo is a tough road to walk down as he definitely takes a more skillful play style to master.

And here is a direct example. This Limbo literally makes parts of a map immune to weapon damage for no reason.

8 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Fourth why choose Mag? If I feel like letting my squad share the kills, I tend to prefer Rhino so I can roar and stomp to my heart's content. If I don't then I'll use Saryn.

Many benefit from my kills they lvl up weapons etc way faster because of XP sharing... i have no complain about me using mag to grind some XP because others will recive mutch higher XP then i do.
I dont mind helping others and, i do it in many times wen im bored. 😜 

So thats why i say that Limbo is not a bad WF, thers no sutch thing as a bad WF, its the person behind the WF and, not the WF itself.

Edited by Sense

2 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Except 'The Clap' is not something most Limbos understand. If they know why it is effective then they won't be casting Cataclysm over the objective in the first place. And it's not something that you can explain and tell them how to properly mod in a public match since they obviously didn't do any research before playing Limbo. Stupid is as stupid does.

But the first step in educating them is to get them to realise what it's going to be doing. If they are inclined to use it, then trying to force them to not use their frame is unnecessary and unreasonable. That's why I said that we can suggest that they spam it. 

The one is you trying to tell someone that they're not allowed to do what they want to do, they are other is encouraging them to do it even more. Then afterwards you casually mention that good players can make it even more powerful. 

2 hours ago, Sense said:

Finaly, someone that understands the agony of some players dealing with inexperience Limbo players or, even Pro trolls and, dint even trash talk.
Im AMAZED
ryan gosling clap GIF

You know that's not the "clap" they're referring to, right? 😜

17 minutes ago, Sense said:

Many benefit from my kills they lvl up weapons etc way faster because of XP sharing... i have no complain about me using mag to grind some XP because others will recive mutch higher XP then i do.
I dont mind helping others and, i do it in many times wen im bored. 😜 

So again, why Mag? And, on hydron, once we're all within affinity range, the XP balances out. 

2 hours ago, ZelUrk said:

Here is what happens OP. It shouldn't be a surprise that are some Limbo players who don't know what their skills do. And what they do is cast 4, but do not cast 2.  Making enemies immune to damage until they aren't in your face killing you. Which is annoying to say the least.

2 hours ago, ZelUrk said:

And here is a direct example. This Limbo literally makes parts of a map immune to weapon damage for no reason.

Yeah, no. If you are in it your weapons kill what's in it. And if you are out of it they can kill what's out of it. And if you stand close to the edge you can go from inside to outside without difficulty or fear. 

Stasis makes the inside a relatively safe space because enemies cannot enter past the first step into the bubble. But it makes the inside slow. Without stasis the objective isn't protected from the enemies on the inside, but with a minimal range, all of those ranged enemies that stop to shoot are neutralized until you feel like getting around to them. 

And again. If you are having problems dealing with a few enemies who enter the bubble, something seems wrong. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You know that's not the "clap" they're referring to, right? 😜

47 minutes ago, Sense said:

The gif was for him understanding the issue with Limbo players, without trash talking anyone.

Not everyone as dumb as you think.

face palm GIF

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

So again, why Mag? And, on hydron, once we're all within affinity range, the XP balances out. 

Why any other frame? I'm bored and I'm using Mag Magnetize fooling around.

Why shud I eat if I'm going to poop them out anyways, it makes no sense.

I'm joking don't take it to serious...focus on ( the issue ) limbo players.

Edited by Sense

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And if you stand close to the edge you can go from inside to outsidewithout difficulty or fear. 

Stasis makes the inside a relatively safe space because enemies cannot enter past the first step into the bubble. But it makes the inside slow.

Sure, but, as the OP's picture states, it is a "pain in the ass". Such a Limbo in such a party is the weakest link, for he is the only one who can die. Consider the party has to protect the canister, the Limbo himself, and watch out for the "helping" dome, which not only isn't helping but also makes everything above more difficult. And also has to argue with Limbos who think casting 2 (Stasis) in a mobile defense mission is bad thing. 

Limbo is such a unique frame. He's not actually weak, at all. Honestly, he's just about brokenly overpowered for just about any content that doesn't involve large numbers of enemies that ignore or hit through the rift. Just about untouchable and unkillable.

but he is still horribly designed. In part BECAUSE being effectively invincible at all times is kind of lame and trivializing, and in part because he's got a pretty much unmatched ability to constantly be able to dictate how everyone else in the squad around him is allowed to play. In an organized squad, that's fine! It combos very well with some things. Probably too well, frankly, with a lot of outright broken results. But the game's not really built around organized squads, random matchmaking plays a huge part for most players, so Limbo's sheer ability to affect the valid actions of other players based on what they might have randomly come in with is a pretty big oversight.

which is hilarious because this was the biggest complaint about limbo, and when they reworked him instead of trying to fix this problem, they doubled down on it hard by introducing stasis and now giving Limbo the ability to tell people they couldn't effectively use guns.

there are other frames who can trip each other up (bad frost snowglobes and such, some CC effects making enemies status immune), but I don't think any of them have a design so completely built about it as Limbo does.

Edited by OvisCaedo

1 hour ago, ZelUrk said:

Sure, but, as the OP's picture states, it is a "pain in the ass". Such a Limbo in such a party is the weakest link, for he is the only one who can die. Consider the party has to protect the canister, the Limbo himself, and watch out for the "helping" dome, which not only isn't helping but also makes everything above more difficult. And also has to argue with Limbos who think casting 2 (Stasis) in a mobile defense mission is bad thing. 

The OP had a limbo that used stasis and cataclysm. They complained. You're saying that you complain about the Limbo who seldom uses stasis. Guess Limbo just won't be able to win if you lot can't make up your minds. 

And again, if you think Limbo's dome is making it so that you can't kill enemies, or that you are getting killed by enemies, you're doing something very wrong. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sense said:

The gif was for him understanding the issue with Limbo players, without trash talking anyone.

Not everyone as dumb as you think.

face palm GIF

Oh but I don't think that everyone is dumb at all. And I am sorry that my offhanded joke about clapping made that "whooshing" sound. I'll try to aim lower next time or something. 

Mea culpa. 

I just want to add my perspective on this. Generally, I do not have any problem with limbo in defense mission. However I love killing stuffs in sight so I'll try to find anything to kill. Once I'm done massacring this part of the map I will turn to the other parts. Usually in a defense mission with Limbo I run outside of the bubble, so I can't kill the mobs stuck inside and the other mobs on the other side of the sphere. I have to run inside and/or around the dome to kill stuffs. I feel like this slows me down and I get agitated from time to time.

I'm not saying I hate Limbo or anything. I appreciate a good Limbo in a sortie. I do not hate running around a bit more than usual, But I guess some people feel the way I feel and don't like it so they get vocal. I would say don't worry too much

7 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Limbo does not suck, but he can make things difficult for others. Let's say I'm leveling a weapon on Hydron and an inexperienced Limbo casts a 100% range Cataclysm over the objective. Now I have to play inside/outside to try and kill enemies. Since Cataclysm is a sphere I cannot attack enemies located on the other side of it so now I have to run around the outside. Except if they go inside then I have to run inside to shoot them and then back outside to attack the new spawns. It just makes what should be a simple defense into a chore and for absolutely zero benefit since the objective is rarely at risk of being destroyed.

Then there is Banish which can force any kill-based objective to completely stop since you cannot enter the Rift unless Limbo makes it possible. There are abilities that can bypass this problem but that means I need to limit my playing style because the Limbo doesn't understand how to play in groups.

And don't misunderstand, I think Limbo is incredibly powerful when used properly but I also realize that he can troll better than most Warframes simply by being inexperienced with him. And it works both ways too, so if a non-Limbo player doesn't understand how the Rift works and accidentally enters his portal (since Limbo loves to spam dodge) they may not know how to get back out.

There are many different Warframes that can troll, but none do it as effortlessly as Limbo.

My first question is why would you level a weapon on hydron? It's so slow.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

The OP had a limbo that used stasis and cataclysm. They complained. You're saying that you complain about the Limbo who seldom uses stasis. Guess Limbo just won't be able to win if you lot can't make up your minds. 

And again, if you think Limbo's dome is making it so that you can't kill enemies, or that you are getting killed by enemies, you're doing something very wrong. 

Bad players are mad cos they're bad and bad cos they're mad bro. There's no pleasing them.

• Like 1

The traditional "imma tell u how 2 play ya game" messages. It's a snobbish attitude I never liked as whilst I'm no limbo fan either I'm a fan of lesser loved frames and boy do people moan when you don't go meta... It's always been like that, i remember getting abuse for refusing to use a Boltor Prime back in its hey day.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Skode said:

The traditional "imma tell u how 2 play ya game" messages. It's a snobbish attitude I never liked as whilst I'm no limbo fan either I'm a fan of lesser loved frames and boy do people moan when you don't go meta... It's always been like that, i remember getting abuse for refusing to use a Boltor Prime back in its hey day.

And on the 7th day God created radiation sorties for just such issues..

I use limbo all the time, if people get mad it's cos they don't know how to synergise with other frames they encounter. As for weapons, that's just a big fat LOL. Enemies die from a light sneeze anyway, rock the MK 1 braton with 8 forma just to annoy them.

• Like 1

On 2019-03-09 at 10:54 PM, Joltyboi said:

even if youre doing something with limbo thats only a good thing people will complain, prime example: i used my 4 on the fracture and then used my 2 to make it freeze enemies, my build is range and duration so it was locking down the whole area, now its not like this is defence where freezing the whole map slows it down because all youre doing is waiting on a timer while keeping the canister alive, so doing what i did wasnt doing anything other than helping, but "StOp UsInG yOuR 4 CuZ iTs AnNoYiNg", im sorry but how is helping, keeping the canister alive, and frankly making this objective even easier than it already is, annoying and a pain in the ass?

First, it is completely unnesessary as nothing is actualy threatens the objective, so you aren't helping much at all.

Second, this event is already a mind-numbing hurry-up-and-wait piece of boring trash, and the only source of entertainment that may help to keep one from falling asleep is killing enemies, and you stop enemies dead in their track all over tha place, probably a lot of them in the air too, making it harder to ffind anything to shoot at.

If you'd do this in my team, you'd get a nice set of two host migrations in a row as a "go thank yourself" for your "help".

Edited by WindigoTG

It also comes down to the player. There are good and bad players of every frame. Take the OP for instance. The event is boring but he brought a fairly decent range limbo obviously specced for cataclysm and stasis without considering what the mission is about and that he's playing a public match. Me I would've taken a low range, high duration limbo and cast cataclysm in a small bubble around the objective that doesn't interfere with general play by casting a huge stasis field or cataclysm, making the event even less engaging. I would've just gone in my passive rift walk and kept the objective safe while the others amuse themselves killing the unaffected surrounding enemies. Doubt many would complain about that.

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

The OP did everything correctly. He got the hate because given the amount of bad Limbos around many people do not know what to expect and just outright tell every Limbo to stop doing whatever they are doing and not having to deal with discussions like the one we are having.

For a rather unlikely scenario, that a team really wants to grind low level trash for an hour, instead of afking and chatting, Limbo can just rift walk, problem instantly solved as well.

I recently did the Fractures with someone playing Limbo. He always put his 4th around the Fracture. I actually liked being teamed with him, I think that player did a good job. I could go in and out of the Cataclysm as situation demanded. Just need to adapt, it's pretty neat when you do.

• Like 1

Limbo should just be played solo to avoid that kind of stuff.

If you just want to sit around, do it by yourself and don't force others to so the same. Some people actually like to play the game and not just sit around while getting eye-cancer

Edited by Leland_Gaunt
  • Like 1

The problem is not a bad or a good limbo. The main problem is he is an invasive frame, overall when he has max range. I can't open caches, activate anything and if he doesn't even read the chat or if wanna troll everyone, you can't start a mission!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Oh but I don't think that everyone is dumb at all. And I am sorry that my offhanded joke about clapping made that "whooshing" sound. I'll try to aim lower next time or something. 

Please dont aim to low, i love my private parts. 😉
Its all good mate. 👍

On 2019-03-09 at 10:03 AM, HellVOps said:

Do you consider it fun standing around and doing nothing besides waiting for the timer? They may as well go afk if a limbo is around and the target is stationary with a timer......

Well if I joined a public group and this was the roll I received, well, then yes I’d chill and wait. I did most of mine solo as I had khora and a smeeta. The cats had a blast of a time and I got a new gun and some mods. 

Also, have you tried the wolf emote... unless I’m missing something, it’s sucks.