Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you feel about Hildryn?

Xaxma

12 hours ago, KiteoHatto said:

kinda made her a shark.

Oh wow that's cool, I dig it. Mine is various shades of purple because purple. I never like frames that have a piece of them you can't dye. (Looking at you Valkyr...) fortunately with Hildryn it's a small amount of black so not unbearable. 

Also as of today I have 1,000 hours on warframe. 

53909743_371554576763200_210435586704120 

Back when I made my OP purple to match. But my OP always ends up being green again. Idk why. Purple is my fav colour but green just looks better on her.

11 hours ago, Annnoth said:

It's not a bug. Shes immune to toxin procs but not toxin damage which always bypasses energy shield. Try it again but against a lower level toxic ancient and after you get overshield. You'll notice you wont get hurt. 

I had to dig a bit deep to find it cause it's not listed on the passive description in game or in any patch note/tease but this is copied verbatim from the hildryn feedback thread.

"Damage to Shields does not affect Health. No damage bypasses Overshields."

Admittedly weird wording since the only stuff that bypass shields do it because they never hit shields in the first place but it does specifically mention that you cannot take health damage with overshield and only overshield. Which no passive ever mentioned crazily enough. It only says you become invincible when shields are gone.

I feel like that can't be intended because otherwise she's pointless at high level infested missions. Or you have to invest in health mods which makes her weaker elsewhere. 

13 hours ago, KiteoHatto said:

meanwhile your 2 really doesn't scale well. With 250 range you would only have a range of 18m for stripping shields and armor to replenish your own.

wait what?????? Why? So that's why the shield return isn't working reliably. Because it's range is considerably smaller then it looks. That def seems like a bug. 

10 hours ago, EquinoxPrime said:

Hildryn is cool and all, but she’s not Equinox. 

That’s pretty much my mentality for any other Warframe. 🤣

You hype for Equinox Prime? Hopefully within the next couple weeks? Def gonna buy the prime pack. 

I like Equinox a lot but I wish the buffs to each form were permanent rather then have a duration. And I'm almost always in day form unless I need to heal my team. I just quick swap to rebuff. I wish night form would actually just heal instead of heal on kills but w/e. Equinox is one of the ones I bought for plat because too cool to farm.

Edited by Velaethia

31 minutes ago, Velaethia said:

I feel like that can't be intended because otherwise she's pointless at high level infested missions. Or you have to invest in health mods which makes her weaker elsewhere.

I agree, it seems like it should be like that but DE isnt perfect and has missed some, what many people feel, big design flaws. Hildryn is no exception. She already is much weaker against infested than every other faction. Cant steal from them at all with pilage. Balefire damage is reduced by 90% in the presence of a disruptor and you cant deal with a disruptor with balefire cause he gets the reduction to. They aren't exactly weak to whatever miniscule rad damage she does. Healers have a wide radius CC immunity to surrounding units with her ult only allowing you to use balefire which again is killed by disruptors.

Heck, as I mentioned much earlier in this thread, she the only frame with a buff that has 0 effect on you. The person who is making all the sacrificing getting none of the benefit. That's right there is bad design in the context of this game.

Also in regard to your last sentence in that comment. Are you scaling range or durstion? Some abilities extend for however long their durstion let's them so range actually does nothing. If you put more duration on hildryn you will have a much larger pillage.

Nova is an example of this with molecular prime. Duration improves the reach of the debuff but range is just explosive radius.

Edited by Annnoth

25 minutes ago, Annnoth said:

Also in regard to your last sentence in that comment. Are you scaling range or durstion? Some abilities extend for however long their durstion let's them so range actually does nothing. If you put more duration on hildryn you will have a much larger pillage.

I have no duration mods but the visual suggest a range of 75-100m

50 minutes ago, Velaethia said:

I have no duration mods but the visual suggest a range of 75-100m

So I am not entirely sure how, or why. But putting on continuity makes like ALL of my abilities work better. 2 finally gives shields back reliably. 

On 2019-03-09 at 5:50 PM, Xaxma said:

How do you feel about Hildryn?

Felt ok at the start, then after a while of playing i felt less inclined to use the bulk of her abilities and just relied on bog standard run and gun, making her pretty forgettable/average in the long run, novelty factor did not last long.

Did 3h arbitration survival with her, solo vs infested and never had single issue i never died and extracted. So yeah... She needs some tweaking tho and her 1/4 is pretty much useless for me (her whole kit is kinda bad vs infested) , if i could use my guns in her 4 that would be cool af. Her look is 10/10 thats why i play her alot. There is also one very "special" build, which i dont use but its kinda broken. Overall great , original frame. With some tweaking could be much better/cooler frame with awesome gameplay. Atleast make her able to use her signature AW weapon while hovering that would be badass! 

• Like 1

I'd just like for someone to explain to me how mad-shields relates to bodybuilding. 😛 

Thematically I just don't see the connection between her aesthetic and what she actually *does*. Without having her to mess around with I think that's really my only nitpick for now.

Well, that and I guess her bazillion ab muscles look kind of weird. X3

Edited by NicodemusRexx

20 hours ago, Benour said:

Did 3h arbitration survival with her, solo vs infested and never had single issue i never died and extracted. So yeah... She needs some tweaking tho and her 1/4 is pretty much useless for me (her whole kit is kinda bad vs infested) , if i could use my guns in her 4 that would be cool af. Her look is 10/10 thats why i play her alot. There is also one very "special" build, which i dont use but its kinda broken. Overall great , original frame. With some tweaking could be much better/cooler frame with awesome gameplay. Atleast make her able to use her signature AW weapon while hovering that would be badass! 

Out of curiosity, how much did hildryn even play in that? Against infested you cant pillage anything to get overshields which means no passive blocking toxin. Youre solo so haven does quite litterally nothing but a mild stagger. Balefire is reduced by 90% against enemies affected by a disrupter/does nothing to arby drone nor the people its affecting. Your ult has limited use with all the healers and mixed with arby drones and disruptors I cant see it being too useful when you have to deal with huge enemy pools to keep your life support up.

That just sounds like you're just competent enough to survive that long with any warframe.

• Like 1

On 2019-03-14 at 7:59 AM, Annnoth said:

Out of curiosity, how much did hildryn even play in that? Against infested you cant pillage anything to get overshields which means no passive blocking toxin. Youre solo so haven does quite litterally nothing but a mild stagger. Balefire is reduced by 90% against enemies affected by a disrupter/does nothing to arby drone nor the people its affecting. Your ult has limited use with all the healers and mixed with arby drones and disruptors I cant see it being too useful when you have to deal with huge enemy pools to keep your life support up.

That just sounds like you're just competent enough to survive that long with any warframe.

Yeah you just run around with catchmoon for drones and CO stacks and melee down everything. Like i said her whole kit is useless vs infested. She become even more useless/boring than lets say inaros? which can just tank and spamm his 1 at "endgame". And as i said mob spawn is much lower solo so if you have decent melee you just kill/stagger them before they even get close. Im gonna try another run this weekend i think and go until i die... Inaros might beat her in tank with his 8630hp (iirc) adaptation etc. Also arbitration scaling is strange 3h in normal/fissure mission enemies would be like twice the level...