Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you feel about Hildryn?

Xaxma

Just now, SoulEchelon said:

......so you don't like her because she's a support character, but also don't like her because she can potentially focus on her own survival? That...makes zero sense, but you do you.

How does that not make sense? I don't have anyone to support in solo play, and supporting herself is useless to my gameplay style. I don't want or like to babysit warfrarmes. They're freakin' War machines, not babies, so, if I have to babysit my warframe just to play with it, I ain't gonna like it. All the frames I play are way more frail than Hyldrin, but I don't have to babysit them, cause their abilities do that for me. So why bother, when I could have way more fun with more grown up frames with abilities that enchance that fun? Helicopter mode doesn't enhance my fun, and I've never been a fan of exalted weapons, waste of an ability since my weapons are way better and don't consume energy. So that leaves me with the babysitting abilities that do nothing to destroy the enemies. That, in my opinion, is not fun.

1 minute ago, Velaethia said:

Yeah I only do that in Index. Not to say she can't do solo play well. Really good for defense because her shield works on the node. But she plays different solo. Probably don't need 3 up unless there is A LOT of enemies. 

Agreed. I'm mainly a solo player myself and find she works well in either situation - solo or in a team. Solo-wise, Can spam 2 when needed, and her 4 with a well modded Balefire is usually more than enough for most content.

Now if only we can use Larkspur during her 4....frankly that weapon's the biggest reason why I don't use her 4 very much. It's so damn fun. (Random protip. If you shoot Larkspur's alt fire during the double jump flipping animation, you don't get recoiled).

1 minute ago, Gabbynaru said:

How does that not make sense? I don't have anyone to support in solo play, and supporting herself is useless to my gameplay style. I don't want or like to babysit warfrarmes. They're freakin' War machines, not babies, so, if I have to babysit my warframe just to play with it, I ain't gonna like it. All the frames I play are way more frail than Hyldrin, but I don't have to babysit them, cause their abilities do that for me. So why bother, when I could have way more fun with more grown up frames with abilities that enchance that fun? Helicopter mode doesn't enhance my fun, and I've never been a fan of exalted weapons, waste of an ability since my weapons are way better and don't consume energy. So that leaves me with the babysitting abilities that do nothing to destroy the enemies. That, in my opinion, is not fun.

Like I said, you do you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

So why bother, when I could have way more fun with more grown up frames with abilities that enchance that fun?

Thanks for reminding me of one of my favourite quotes.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

C.S. Lewis

I love her both in play style and design. Finally I can play a super tanky frame like Inaros without wanting to kill myself out of boredom. Immunity to status effects with unlimited shields means you can't be stopped if played properly. I have forma'd her 2 or 3 times now. High shields, Adaptation, and high ability strength/efficiency and nothing has yet to be able to kill me. Not even level 100+ enemies.

• Like 1

I'm enjoying her, her Haven is very good, using lots of power strength I can find her to be pretty decent in sorties, and arbitration, she isnt my go to on the star chart though, but I wont throw her away. I think they will change a few things about her so she is a bit more fun for everyone.

• Like 1

been testing her in multiple 60 min ++  scenerios, general conclusion is... MR fodder 

tried runing her with arcane deflection/resistance and even that didnt prevent  slash/toxin 1 shots out of nowhere.

wtb plat refound 😄

but have to admitt that using shields insteed of energy is fun.

2 minutes ago, JeyJeyBazooka said:

tried runing her with arcane deflection/resistance and even that didnt prevent  slash/toxin 1 shots out of nowhere.

How??? That's literally impossible. I've done 100+ content and she's immortal. You should not be taking any slash/toxin damage unless you let your shields wear out. Which means you aren't managing her properly. She's new so people don't fully get her. But I've yet to be one shotted, ever. Only die when I stop paying attention and lose all my shields and even then on really high level content. 

5 minutes ago, Velaethia said:

How??? That's literally impossible. I've done 100+ content and she's immortal. You should not be taking any slash/toxin damage unless you let your shields wear out. Which means you aren't managing her properly. She's new so people don't fully get her. But I've yet to be one shotted, ever. Only die when I stop paying attention and lose all my shields and even then on really high level content. 

its immposible to loose shileds with anought strenght  and 2 spam + guardian and shield charger from sentinel - thats where i agree with you, but when i got in to mele range as i worte 1 shots from slash/toxin are preety consistent- iam dead with 6k shields adn 0 hp

1 minute ago, JeyJeyBazooka said:

its immposible to loose shileds with anought strenght  and 2 spam + guardian and shield charger from sentinel - thats where i agree with you, but when i got in to mele range as i worte 1 shots from slash/toxin are preety consistent- iam dead with 6k shields adn 0 hp

She had shield gate. She doesn't take health damage until shields are gone. You're doing something wrong. 

9 minutes ago, -IE-Spooky- said:

Every time I've played her I get complains about her Haven, its annoying and I think it should be toned down

I don't know what this even means. People are complaining about her buff being too strong? Wut??? I've never encountered a complaint and that's a silly thing to complain about. 

5 minutes ago, Velaethia said:

She had shield gate. She doesn't take health damage until shields are gone. You're doing something wrong. 

i see ur are not on the same page, i would sugest you spawn 10 toxic ancient eximus only lvl 110 in simulacrum and u will understand what iam talking about. 

• Like 1

Aesthetically, she's the nicest looking frame in the game IMO.

As for her abilities..

Her 1 is pointless. Personally I like abilities that compliment my gunplay, not replace it. I don't need a weapon in an ability slot. I already bring weapons to missions.

Her 2 is epic. Kind of the point of the frame.

Her 3 is oookkkkkkkkish in a group, but not much use alone.

Her 4 is.... meh. Forcing us to use her 1 during copter mode (partially just to justify it's existence) doesn't feel right. The token amount of dmg is useless.

How I'd rework Hildryn: Remove her 1 entirely and swap it for something else. Keep her 2. Remove the token dmg from her 3 and swap that out with something more useful, like a slow effect or anything really. Let us use guns on her 4, and swap the dmg effect for something more meaningful.

All just IMO ofc.

(despite all this I'm having fun with her)

Edited by Meneliki

On 2019-03-10 at 6:50 AM, Xaxma said:

But I'm not here to talk about her abilities, I wanna talk about her aesthetics

I bought her from the market. As soon as I saw the ugly colour scheme and ugly default stance I hated the look but I gave it a chance and changed it to a stance I like a much better colour scheme with the alternative helmet and God damn she's bloody awesome looking 

4 hours ago, Xaxma said:

Mockery doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing in this case. It's the fact that, from a design perspective, they glance over the fact she's female and establish her to be something out of the ordinary. She's not simply another flavor of ass but her own style. It's not communicating a message of "Hey boys, women can be strong too", it's saying "Yeah, I'm this buff. And I'm female. So what?"

Amen, Brother 

4 hours ago, JeyJeyBazooka said:

i see ur are not on the same page, i would sugest you spawn 10 toxic ancient eximus only lvl 110 in simulacrum and u will understand what iam talking about. 

Hmm must be a bug. Just tested it. ONLY happens at melee and their attack isn't even a toxic proc. They stab me and I die. With full shields. So clearly a bug. @[DE]HelenY'all tell the devs? Thanks.

27 minutes ago, Digidyne017 said:

I’m already dripping wet for Hildryn Prime.

Same tho...

1 hour ago, Meneliki said:

Aesthetically, she's the nicest looking frame in the game IMO.

As for her abilities..

Her 1 is pointless. Personally I like abilities that compliment my gunplay, not replace it. I don't need a weapon in an ability slot. I already bring weapons to missions.

Her 2 is epic. Kind of the point of the frame.

Her 3 is oookkkkkkkkish in a group, but not much use alone.

Her 4 is.... meh. Forcing us to use her 1 during copter mode (partially just to justify it's existence) doesn't feel right. The token amount of dmg is useless.

How I'd rework Hildryn: Remove her 1 entirely and swap it for something else. Keep her 2. Remove the token dmg from her 3 and swap that out with something more useful, like a slow effect or anything really. Let us use guns on her 4, and swap the dmg effect for something more meaningful.

All just IMO ofc.

(despite all this I'm having fun with her)

Honestly, I'd bake her 1 into her 4. and make 1 something completely different. Maybe something similar that doesn't disable normal weapons? Like Shield Blast, you turn your shield into an energy projectile doing large aoe damage on impact. 

Also I haven't been able to figure out but does her dash do something or just a unique visual? I big thing I'd like for 4 is being able to fly normally. Not limitedly. Doesn't need to be as fast as titania, but certainly faster then it is. 

Sadly I doubt they'll do a big rework so shortly after releasing her. Even though that's the most logical time to make a rework a week or 2 after being released based on feedback. It's not like we have a PTR where we can test these things before they go live.

I mean never got rework for Inaros. He's such a lovely frame but sucks at low levels, and at high levels is honestly just boring. It's very frustrating cause he has such potential.

As you said despite the nitpicky issues I have over-all I love her, and her theme. I don't mind 3 doing damage but it should do more damage. I also think 2 should apply a speed sap as well. Especially for infested.

Seriously though I really, REALLY love her aesthetic. She probably has my favourite aesthetic. Def my favourite aesthetic from a normal frame. 

Others are: Nekros Irkalla Skin, Nyx Carnifex Skin, Oberon Feyarch Skin, Mesa Prime, Limbo Limana Skin. Though some normals I like Garuda, Harrow, Nidus, Revanent, Gara. But not nearly as much. I don't care for Hydroids appearance at all despite finding him fun to play, hate normal mesa, look, 

Edited by Velaethia

^ I agree, her 4 and 1 need to be merged.

Then her 1 can be like target pull...a stronger, single target 2 with more range and maybe come with a self buff kind of like what titania does with enemies, depending who you pull and crush with your thighs.

She is really a pain to mod for though...sure, the mods are cheap and even new players will have them, but she needs like 3 shield mods(for capacity), not including the recharge and then you are left with 4 slots for everything else.

I find it quite weird that she is tanky as a close range frame, but her 1 and 4 makes her a long range arty frame, meanwhile your 2 really doesn't scale well. With 250 range you would only have a range of 18m for stripping shields and armor to replenish your own. 18m is nothing...when you are floating in the air and raining charged mortars.

I dig her looks though(apart from her bikini), kinda made her a shark.

EnEOpGQ.jpg

Edited by KiteoHatto

13 hours ago, Velaethia said:

Hmm must be a bug. Just tested it. ONLY happens at melee and their attack isn't even a toxic proc. They stab me and I die. With full shields. So clearly a bug.

It's not a bug. Shes immune to toxin procs but not toxin damage which always bypasses energy shield. Try it again but against a lower level toxic ancient and after you get overshield. You'll notice you wont get hurt. 

I had to dig a bit deep to find it cause it's not listed on the passive description in game or in any patch note/tease but this is copied verbatim from the hildryn feedback thread.

"Damage to Shields does not affect Health. No damage bypasses Overshields."

Admittedly weird wording since the only stuff that bypass shields do it because they never hit shields in the first place but it does specifically mention that you cannot take health damage with overshield and only overshield. Which no passive ever mentioned crazily enough. It only says you become invincible when shields are gone.

14 hours ago, Velaethia said:

Hmm must be a bug. Just tested it. ONLY happens at melee and their attack isn't even a toxic proc. They stab me and I die. With full shields. So clearly a bug. @[DE]HelenY'all tell the devs? Thanks.

you are living in denial m8 😄

24 minutes ago, Annnoth said:

It's not a bug. Shes immune to toxin procs but not toxin damage which always bypasses energy shield. Try it again but against a lower level toxic ancient and after you get overshield. You'll notice you wont get hurt. 

I had to dig a bit deep to find it cause it's not listed on the passive description in game or in any patch note/tease but this is copied verbatim from the hildryn feedback thread.

"Damage to Shields does not affect Health. No damage bypasses Overshields."

Admittedly weird wording since the only stuff that bypass shields do it because they never hit shields in the first place but it does specifically mention that you cannot take health damage with overshield and only overshield. Which no passive ever mentioned crazily enough. It only says you become invincible when shields are gone.

basicly what this guy said

also slash is basicly the same but couldnt find any mob with pure slash dmg so cant prove it

so yea hildryn is trinity w/o belss and much more clunky which meakes her mr fodder.  inaros remain supreme

11 minutes ago, JeyJeyBazooka said:

also slash is basicly the same but couldnt find any mob with pure slash dmg so cant prove it

Arid heavy gunners. They do slash damage and with their high RoF, you will get slashed relatively easily. Just set them to low level so they don't wipe out your shield. It's what I used.

Edited by Annnoth