Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you feel about Hildryn?

Xaxma

35 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

I feel annoyed because she is plat exclusive right now.
I want to farm her... 😞

Alternatively you can farm prime pieces and sell them on the market and buy her that way. Allowing you to farm for her without spending an IRL cent. Or waiting for her full availability. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ultimatesoup said:

there is no doubt that DE is pushing for an incentive to pay here.

This has been true for every frame for six years. Buy a frame with plat and you skip the crafting wait, and it comes with a slot and a potato. Nobody's trying to disguise an incentive to pay. DE is a collection of artists, programmers, animators etc who put many hours into each frame and stake their livelihood on it, so of course they're gonna have some incentive for people to pay for their work.

2 hours ago, Ultimatesoup said:

As far as I am concerned, this is first time we have been straight told "pay or wait a week to get this Warframe"

First of all, being "straight told to wait a week" is a gross misinterpretation.

Second, we had to wait longer to get the frame before last. In order to craft Garuda without spending plat, you need to get to Old Mate rank with Solaris U and get the Marquise Thyst blueprint. To do this, you need to accrue a total 240,000 standing with SU. Due to daily Standing limits, even the highest MR players at the time of Foruna's release (MR 26 with 27k standing/day) had to wait 9 days, assuming they maxed their standing every day. Lower MR players were forced outside the loop for weeks.

So tell me again, how is this new case special? Is it because progression is now out of your own hands and up to the community as a whole?

23 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

This has been true for every frame for six years. Buy a frame with plat and you skip the crafting wait, and it comes with a slot and a potato. Nobody's trying to disguise an incentive to pay. DE is a collection of artists, programmers, animators etc who put many hours into each frame and stake their livelihood on it, so of course they're gonna have some incentive for people to pay for their work.

First of all, being "straight told to wait a week" is a gross misinterpretation.

Second, we had to wait longer to get the frame before last. In order to craft Garuda without spending plat, you need to get to Old Mate rank with Solaris U and get the Marquise Thyst blueprint. To do this, you need to accrue a total 240,000 standing with SU. Due to daily Standing limits, even the highest MR players at the time of Foruna's release (MR 26 with 27k standing/day) had to wait 9 days, assuming they maxed their standing every day. Lower MR players were forced outside the loop for weeks.

So tell me again, how is this new case special? Is it because progression is now out of your own hands and up to the community as a whole?

Actually its cove. A huge difference of 99k rep which if your cap is 26k is 4 whole days earlier than that.

Though in my opinion the big difference in that is what came in the update. Fortuna had: well, fortuna. Kitguns. Exploration. Neat weapons in general and all the various bits and Bob's to play with. There was plenty of reason to increase rep and a good amount of things to do to get that rep up. Having to wait for a new warframe? Not bad. Because I'm still working on it this entire time. If I stopped I will never get it.

This update? Well I made the tatsu and got the new archgun and put a few forma in them. Sat around for the fissures meleeing things for the first time in months, still need a couple to get the opticor vandal. Now what? Well I'm playing path of exiles new league! Cause theres nothing I can do in warframe to earn hildryn any quicker than anyone else playing right now. I guess I could scan those data hashes, but vallis is huge and those hashes are tiny. I saw one and it wouldnt scan so I gave up. It's not worth that to me since itll probably get unlocked anyways. That to me is an important difference. 

Reguardless of the reality of who is harder to grind than who, the psychological aspect of being at mercy of a time essentially vs having tangible work contributing to it on top of just more to keep yourself busy with is important.

Note, I bought hildryn. Not cause I'm impatient but because I was just extremely curious how she'd play out and how bad a shield based warframe is. I'm not too annoyed at the wait but I do think it does leave a bad taste when there wasnt a ton unique stuff to do and now we just have to wait.

Edited by Annnoth
  • Like 1

I find her highly underrated. 

She seems like a female Chroma even though she looks like a female Rhino.

If ya like Support Tanks with and want an interesting playstyle twist, you will LOVE Hildryn.

Edited by StarMoral

31 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

3 hours ago, Ultimatesoup said:

This... I hate when people try to make DE sound like bad guys for trying to make a profit... why the heck do you think they exist? Yes they are trying to make a fun game. But if they don't make a profit then they can't keep funding it's further development. And everyone suffers, the players and the devs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Annnoth said:

Actually its cove. A huge difference of 99k rep which if your cap is 26k is 4 whole days earlier than that.

My mistake. So it wasn't 9 days minimum, it was 5. For the players with the highest possible MR.

3 minutes ago, Annnoth said:

Though in my opinion the big difference in that is what came in the update. Fortuna had....

This update? .... Now what?

Now nothing. You don't need to grind. Point being that with Garuda, you had a wait and a grind. With Hildryn you have one activity and then you don't need to do anything, and for the average MR player you still get access to the frame a lot sooner.

5 minutes ago, Annnoth said:

theres nothing I can do in warframe to earn hildryn any quicker than anyone else playing right now. I guess I could scan those data hashes, but vallis is huge and those hashes are tiny.

Excuse me? You're complaining about a wait time that is shortened by players doing a thing, and you haven't done it? How can you complain about it when your inaction is part of the problem you're complaining about? You're like a person who complains about political leaders but never votes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Excuse me? You're complaining about a wait time that is shortened by players doing a thing, and you haven't done it? How can you complain about it when your inaction is part of the problem you're complaining about? You're like a person who complains about political leaders but never votes.

Because I dont want to, nor expect anyone, to fly all across orb vallis in search of a tiny little Lego brick sized scannable. That's just... bad. If we had to just do a bunch of these fissures to slowly unlock their secrets, cool, I'd agree with you that my lack of contributing accounts for nothing.

But that's litterally wasting my time just to speed a timer by 1 second and as far as I'm aware no other reward whatsoever. You cant possibly expect everyone to suddenly go up in arms and rush to get this content done because frankly that part is terrible.

Edited by Annnoth

I haven't leveled her all the way yet, but so far I've been having fun with her. Regardless of whether or not she's going to shape up to be an endgame frame, I've been having fun flying around and stealing shields and that fun factor is enough for me consider her worth it. She's an awesome thicc shield mama!

I find people complaining about F2P tactics in a F2P game kind of funny. Of course they're going to add certain "gates" to the game to prolong it. Of course they're going to try and make free players pay with their time and effort instead of their money. Of course they're going to give an option for cash players to circumvent that grind. DE needs to make dat money, and unless you want them to transform this into a subscription based game, this is how things will be. What you're arguing at is not towards Warframe, but towards the F2P formula itself.

Think of it this way. At least you can't circumvent -everything- with money. At least you're able to trade ingame items for cash currency, thus not having to spend a cent on this game unless you want to purchase tennogen or prime access. In my opinion that's a pretty good deal, especially when compared to the many other F2P (and some B2P) games out there that truly do paywall content.

6 minutes ago, Annnoth said:

Because I dont want to, nor expect anyone, to fly all across orb vallis in search of a tiny little Lego brick sized scannable. That's just... bad. If we had to just do a bunch of these fissures to slowly unlock their secrets, cool, I'd agree with you that my lack of contributing accounts for nothing.

But that's litterally wasting my time just to speed a timer by 1 second and as far as I'm aware no other reward whatsoever. You cant possibly expect everyone to suddenly go up in arms and rush to get this content done because frankly that part is terrible.

Perfectly fine to not want to do something, but if you're going to complain about the wait and refuse to help alleviate said wait time, then it's hard to see any validation in your posts on the subject. What if others had similar thought processes? Then you and everyone else would be waiting longer.

Either way, the search is a community-run kind of deal, and the community has already found all the data hashes. Just search for the map (make sure you get the complete map and not a partial one) and you'll be able to find them all pretty quickly. You get some lore, a hint of things to come, and you help both yourself and the community. It's a win win.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dreadwire said:

I cant wait for as.... wisp

I meant wisp

I agree with this guy. Part of me feels like Hildryn was a lame attempt to make people excited for WISP(PH).

To me, Design wise, Hildryn just looks like she jacked herself up with Synthol in no small part due to the overall shape of the armor (the "biceps" and "triceps" just look weird). Nothing against women bodybuilders here, but you notice most of them don't look shaped like this and the proportions seem completely weird. Female bodybuilders with no implants also tend to be quite flat, which means there is nothing on their chest to sag, if you catch my drift. Even a MALE powerlifter doesn't have biceps shaped like that. Then the whole purple and shiny neon blue color scheme (the default) is an eyesore. ANY frame with those colors, be it Saryn, Nekros, Assprime Mesa etc will look completely horrible, like Barney the dino, with that.

Ofc if you want to say she is a typical anime gonk/comedy character/oversize muscular joke schoolgirl (I mean the alt helmet does suggest that) so the design is perfectly valid, I have nothing against you, but that's your perspective. I believe there is better taste in DE than making a joke frame, although I won't say bad designs are non existent (Ember Vermillion, Nova Deluxe helmet, Oberon Prime base helmet etc etc)

As for her skills, I don't really fancy them or enjoy the playstyle. Sure, the shield as energy thing is unique and cool. Nothing against that and all the power to DE. However, overall, Hildryn seems to play as a shield tank, relying on the Balefire to do damage (when she can do it better with a Staticor/whatever gun) and using Shield Pillage and her 4 to keep her shields topped off. I am personally someone who quite hates the playstyle of tank (I use a high eff Rhino which buffs and stomps, not some Ironskin stacker. Chroma not my thing either and I use him only when I really need the damage. Even then he is more a gun truck than tank), so I found nothing spectacular.

Balefire definitely has to be stronger than or at least comparable to Staticor, or there is absolutely no reason to use it since Staticor doesn't impact your mobility when charging and doesn't take your energy/shield. Because right now it doesn't even feel as good to use as a Tombfinger, which has the benefit of being able to use Pax charge and hence NOT consume ammo at all. Not to mention the Tombfinger's bullets fly faster and thanks to crit easily output the same damage per shot. The status chance for Balefire is low, the damage is ok, the crit I can get behind since we already have Tombfinger and Staticor. But at least it deserves more status chance, so the player has the choice to put something like radiation or virus to debuff enemies with single shots.

I would believe the actual crown jewel of Hildryn's kit is Shield Pillage and Haven (the 3rd, I forgot the name), because this makes her a decent support to some extent, with Balefire being a convenient distraction. However, Shield Pillage doesn't effectively restore off armor until the level goes high, then you have the problem of Haven costing a crap load when enemies walk into it. I don't understand why Haven can't be a PURE SUPPORT ability. It would be nice if you can just regen your friends' shields without your shield bar burning up the moment enemies come into the radius and take some S#&$ty damage. If this was possible, I would be able to happily build more range to help out the team (and cleanse everyone using Shield Pillage) without worrying about the shield bar becoming zero the moment a Hydron Wave spawns (I wouldn't take Hildryn to ESO).

Aegis Storm is nothing fancy or special, and probably just helps Hildryn fulfill the niche of being another Energy Slave like Trinity for even less interaction given the flight speed is nothing spectacular and using Balefire just shortens the duration. I can get around that, really. Seems like a nice skill to build around for farming especially when energy hungry channelers like Ember or Revenant are around (since EV can't help them). If she could just use her normal gun mid flight it would be nice, rather than being stuck to the Balefire as you stick out like a sore thumb with no way to shield pillage, exposed to all the hitscan in the world. 

All in all, if Haven could get rid of that stupid "enemy damage" mechanic, I could build Hildryn as a hard support/debuffer who uses guns while stripping armor and shields while keeping her friends alive (and hiding in the corner/using positioning to avoid fire, because keeping that shield topped up is important). Would be a lot nicer to play on my end. The enemy links in Haven spoil everything.

I mean if you like to play shield tanks with some damage and a few alternative mechanics thrown in, sure, you would enjoy Hildryn to some extent, but it doesn't cut it for me.

Edited by Guest

Il y a 1 heure, Warhydra a dit :

You got her 2, operator mode and if those are somehow not enough there are mods like adaptation and rolling guard. Procs are hardly a problem. 

Seconding this. Pick Vazarin with Protective Dash maxed out, and you're golden.

One thing to remember, though, she needs a lot of ability strength. At 200 or so, she's viable. At 275+ she's the #*!%mothering doomguy.

11 hours ago, Xaxma said:

It's not an attempt to create a female role model, what? I would never want to look like this.

Your mind is naturally drawn to the unique and unusual, so it comes as no surprise you're finding a trend where there really isn't any. Female muscle caricatures is not as common as it seems, nor is it something developers are taking up as a fad of sorts. It's just a fun and interesting design choice and it's not worth looking into as having any real world applications, especially considering that you're not talking about live people, let alone non-human void technocyte machines that have spines and metal points growing out of their limbs and can be all sorts of crazy shapes.

If there's no intention to have it be a role model then that's fine.
The reason I brought representation up is because it's undeniably a popular thing (a fad in my opinion) that's going on right now and it seems more than a coincidence that warframe just so happens to get a female beefcake. In other words, I don't really believe it's just because they thought it'd be cool. You can believe it is if you want, but you can't prove it one way or the other, just as I can't.

Note that I'm not saying this exact representation, just the direction in general.

As for making a warframe look a certain way, I'm not going to touch the lore part. DE used to be consistent and have the frames look somewhat believable, but that's been completely out of the window for a while.

Would you rather every single female character in media be represented as a bodacious bombshell?

You're making presumptions about me that aren't true, please don't mischaracterize me, it's not only very rude but also bigoted.

Hence, this is why I said if you want to make the comparisons, there'd be too many to count because most of them are like this; It is only but one body type, whereas males in media can come in all sorts of shapes and sizes: 
Fat, short, skinny, muscular, tall, lanky, hunched, etc, nobody bats an eyelid.

But take a female caricature to some unusual/unrealistic direction? Oh ho ho, nope, there must be a problem with her or the designers, can't do it. Women must always be curvy to appear normal.

And this isn't even any kind of PC jargon here. I don't see you taking to the forums complaining about Rhino (also "roided up") or Nekros ("anorexic") or Nezha ("androgynous") because the fact of the matter is that they're male caricatures, so we gotta accept it, yeah?

This is a load of bull, all of it, none of this is what I argued.
What I wrote was that Hildryn looks exactly like a woman who uses steroids to bodybuild which is a destructive and insane thing to do to your own body.
What's more is that women's bodies generally can't handle the repeated stress injuries of the exercise and diet required to gain and maintain a body like that. Their bones deteriorate much faster and it puts them at increased risk of osteoporosis at a much younger age (typically something that happens after menopause).

Do you get it now? This isn't about women not being allowed to look strong, it's just a replacement in the extreme opposite of anorexic super models.
It's another way to feed the vanity and insecurity of people to tell them that they should look beautiful.

Also, I could make the argument that being obsessively musclebound is still a healthier alternative to anorexia, but I won't go there.

Why strike this out? You're right, being obsessively healthy IS healthier than being anorexic. That wasn't what I was arguing at all, your entire rant falls flat when what I said was about people injecting steroids or even silicone or other materials into their bodies to have bigger and more defined muscles.

You also conveniently ignored where I said that I find strong women (with defined muscles) beautiful.
I don't find this obviously roided out bodybuilder remotely so, because I know what women have to do to get a body that looks like that. It's disgusting.

You owe me a big apology for all the dumb presumptions you made about me.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Vesiga said:

It makes her immune when your 2 gives overshields. HP cannot take dmg from any status effect, and your shields won't tick down either. 

You can also quickly press 2 again if the enemies you took shields from are already tagged, dont have to wait for it to come back, 2 recalls it.

hoPIIWW.jpg she's a beast of a frame.

As a FYI..a down ranked adaption is a fair compromise.  It only subtracts a little time...not DR.I run mine 6/10 typically when working with umbral.

Edited by Chappie1975

16 hours ago, Yagamilight123 said:

-snip-

You still didn't post your build.

And yes, I don't have adaptation in mine. But she works pretty alright without it as long as enemies are dense around me. Getting to zero Shields makes her invulnerable for 3 seconds, during which time she starts regenerating them. A quick pop of 2, double tap and I've filled at least my regular Shields again, resetting her passive in case I get zeroed. Then I hop into 4 and lock down the entire room. Tried and tested in yesterday's Sortie 1-3.

So I haven't been able to fully test this. But I was using corrosive aura on Hildryn. However I heard that if you're using it shield pillage won't do anything because the debuffs will not stack. If so what is a good aura for her? You'd think Brief respite but it doesn't work because she technically doesn't use energy. Also makes energy siphon pointless. There is no functioning shield aura that works for her. Potentially toxic resist? But shield gating makes that not as important and it's only 15% anyways. Physic, and Rejuv are also worthless because her HP isn't that important. Rejuv would compensate for toxic/slash damage but her shield gating makes that not particularly important. If sprint boost effects her in helicopter mode that might me marginally useful. Other then that I can't figure out anything. And the ones that might kinda/sorta be useful require polarity swap. 

1 hour ago, Velaethia said:

So I haven't been able to fully test this. But I was using corrosive aura on Hildryn. However I heard that if you're using it shield pillage won't do anything because the debuffs will not stack. If so what is a good aura for her? You'd think Brief respite but it doesn't work because she technically doesn't use energy. Also makes energy siphon pointless. There is no functioning shield aura that works for her. Potentially toxic resist? But shield gating makes that not as important and it's only 15% anyways. Physic, and Rejuv are also worthless because her HP isn't that important. Rejuv would compensate for toxic/slash damage but her shield gating makes that not particularly important. If sprint boost effects her in helicopter mode that might me marginally useful. Other then that I can't figure out anything. And the ones that might kinda/sorta be useful require polarity swap. 

Currently I'm using Enemy Radar, but yeah it seems most aura abilities with a - polaritiy hurt Hildryn ability-wise. I'm pondering going Steel Charge and making her into more of a melee oriented frame. Or could try Pistol Amp. I'm curious if that works with her Balefire Charger.

Really my problem at the moment is getting some Arcanes for her. I never really focused on arcanes, but it seems the shield oriented ones are (of course) perfect for her and makes her nigh unstoppable.

she looks so op and has few special things like shield gate 

1 is super strong weapon ok wish it hawe more modes - like hold 1 and swap between laser exploding (like this) and some slow flying granad launcher etc.

its simple basic and booring weapon for me its strong but it just a sonicor

2 basicaly spam this and never run out of sields ? i hate this skill its basicaly mag 3

3 usseles for damage and do some sields bufs for friends - this skill is usseles for me cuz i play solo

4 is a zephir mockery, zephir was supposed to get it long ago when she hold 1 and activate 3 to simply hower in horizontal at least

its good cc low damage or good damage and little cc i like this balance but i hate restriction or only 1  shes slow

25 minutes ago, Renginus said:

she looks so op and has few special things like shield gate 

1 is super strong weapon ok wish it hawe more modes - like hold 1 and swap between laser exploding (like this) and some slow flying granad launcher etc.

its simple basic and booring weapon for me its strong but it just a sonicor

2 basicaly spam this and never run out of sields ? i hate this skill its basicaly mag 3

3 usseles for damage and do some sields bufs for friends - this skill is usseles for me cuz i play solo

4 is a zephir mockery, zephir was supposed to get it long ago when she hold 1 and activate 3 to simply hower in horizontal at least

its good cc low damage or good damage and little cc i like this balance but i hate restriction or only 1  shes slow

I agree with her 1. I was never impressed with it, though at least it does aoe damage. If it became a grenade launcher-like weapon though, I'd love it. Rain down "grenades" during her 4? Sounds fun to me.

2 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

As pretty much all new frames perfectly average. Not amazing not bad which means she won't get any use at all.

Eh I kinda disagree. She's the perfect shield tank and has a very powerful support ability that can make a whole squad tanky. Her 4 creates energy orbs every few seconds off of any enemies caught in it while also CCing them. If you stay close to the ground, the range is pretty far. She also has great sustain and can strip (or at least damage) shields and armor while instantly maxing her own. Couple all that with shield gating that renews whenever your shield hits max again and you got yourself a very viable warframe.

22 minutes ago, BloodKitten said:

i feel like she should get cycst immunity with all the steroids she is taking, otherwise, great frame assuming you not going against infested.

or if you go against infested change your build for more hp and toxin resist ? also she has that 2