Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you feel about Hildryn?

Xaxma

Just now, Ultimatesoup said:

Is it the first Warframe that is Platinum-exclusive for a week because you can't progress toward its obtention for a week.

It’s not. It took a while before We could get Gara as well. This isn’t the first time, just be patient or spend plat, that’s just how warframe works

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ultimatesoup said:

Is it the first Warframe that is Platinum-exclusive for a week because you can't progress toward its obtention for a week. The point here is not obtainable since day one or not. The point is about being able to work toward it or not.

And this is the first time where you can't start working to get it since day one. Hence the paywall.

Yeah that's really not how any of this works. It's not a paywall. It's a waitwall like every other frame in the game. Just because you can't actively do something to progress while waiting doesn't make it any less of a normal waitwall. 

• Like 1

I agree with this one.

Everytime I run into her I'm just like "PLEEEEEASE, for love of everything that is holy, do NOT use that ability."

She's like Limbo, only that instead of interrupting my gameplay with some stupid ability, she's just downright annoying me from 20 meters away with that damn buzzing noise.

I mean, I played some bounties, and those usually require you to stay in a specific location for a while. So, we had to extract stuff for like 15 minutes because of low enemy spawn rates. 15 GOD DAMN MINUTES OF THIS BUZZING NOISE. It's even more annoying than the weird noise you hear when Garuda's "blood ball" is hovering above her.

Edited by o0Despair0o

Feel like most of the people calling her 'weak' or 'underwhelming' are simply playing her wrong/haven't figured out a proper build for her. She's an absolute monster in the higher levels, and thrives in Arbitrations/Elite Onslaught/Sorties.

DcHLwgt.jpg

Trick is to stack strength. Lots of it. Stretch is more than enough for range (you're really only using it for Shield Pillage), efficiency and duration are your throwaway stats. You don't need them. She's more or less an Inaros/Oberon hybrid, centered around being an obnoxious shield tank/supporting her team. Can easily see her becoming a mainstay in the tryhard ESO teams, solely because of Haven -- being able to give others near-perma overshields + shieldgating is enormous.

il y a 2 minutes, ModernGreg a dit :

It’s not. It took a while before We could get Gara as well. This isn’t the first time, just be patient or spend plat, that’s just how warframe works

The way Warframe works (or at least used to work) was : 

"Hey,go kill this boss/farm this mob to get the parts of this Warframe, so you can craft it and get it in a few days."

or

"Hey,do this quest so you can get the parts of this Warframe, so you can craft it and get it in a few days."

and not

"Hey,to get this Warframe, pay or wait."

Grinding and sweating to get that Warframe after a few days has/had been the way to go for a good time, and paying for a Warframe has always been viewed as a costly and bad alternative.

I don't quite remember what happened with Gara, but it doesn't justify by any means this exclusiveness. As far as I am concerned, this is first time we have been straight told "pay or wait a week to get this Warframe".

And while the term "paywall" can be negociated, there is no doubt that DE is pushing for an incentive to pay here. If they see that people do not really care about getting paywalled, next time they might do something even bigger, since players are visibly laping up everything DE do. 

8 minutes ago, Vargras said:

Feel like most of the people calling her 'weak' or 'underwhelming' are simply playing her wrong/haven't figured out a proper build for her. She's an absolute monster in the higher levels, and thrives in Arbitrations/Elite Onslaught/Sorties.

Interesting build. May I ask what primed continuity is for? She doesn't seem to  have a lot of duration abilitites.

4 minutes ago, Velaethia said:

Interesting build. May I ask what primed continuity is for? She doesn't seem to  have a lot of duration abilitites.

More for Shield Pillage than anything else. Ability has a set duration in which the field will remain active before returning -- if it's too short, it'll never reach its full range. Duration slightly affecting cost on her drains is just an added bonus.

I like the way they designed the mechanics for her. Shields and abilities seem very exotic. Only thing i believe is wrong about it is that they placed her in a wrong time,building a lore about it she doesn't seem to fit that well.

12 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Let's just go ahead and call it Waitframe rather than Warframe then. As you spend more time waiting than waring. /s tenor.gif

I mean that's the nature of F2P games.

7 minutes ago, Ultimatesoup said:

"Hey,to get this Warframe, pay or wait."

That's functionally the same thing as before. Except required less effort on your part. 

8 minutes ago, Ultimatesoup said:

paying for a Warframe has always been viewed as a costly and bad alternative.

Opinion. Everyone views things differently. You still aren't forced to buy her, hence not a paywall. 

8 minutes ago, Ultimatesoup said:

I don't quite remember what happened with Gara, but it doesn't justify by any means this exclusiveness. As far as I am concerned, this is first time we have been straight told "pay or wait a week to get this Warframe".

Garuda, Gara, and Baruuk all would've taken more then a week to get free even at MR 29, or 30 or whatever the cap is. It sounds like about a week a boss will unlock and then we just spam kill that boss like Rhino and dozens of other frames.

10 minutes ago, Ultimatesoup said:

And while the term "paywall" can be negociated, there is no doubt that DE is pushing for an incentive to pay here. If they see that people do not really care about getting paywalled, next time they might do something even bigger, since players are visibly laping up everything DE do. 

Yeah no... Baruuk is actually the longest farm. If any frame was incentavising straight up buying it. It'd be Baruuk. 

il y a 4 minutes, Velaethia a dit :

That's functionally the same thing as before. Except required less effort on your part. 

Garuda, Gara, and Baruuk all would've taken more then a week to get free even at MR 29, or 30 or whatever the cap is. It sounds like about a week a boss will unlock and then we just spam kill that boss like Rhino and dozens of other frames.

Yeah no... Baruuk is actually the longest farm. If any frame was incentavising straight up buying it. It'd be Baruuk. 

You seem to be misunderstanding something...

The problem here is not how annoying or how long it is to farm a Warframe. The problem is that this is the first time you have to wait a week without even knowing what to do to get Hildryn while people who proceed with the checkout process get it instantly before you can start grinding toward it, with DE telling you blatantly "either pay for it or wait a week". This is the first time (AFAK) not paying is put as the poor player's choice. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smilomaniac said:

Let's be real, this is sort of a developer fad that's going on where representation has increased in popularity (additional examples in Overwatch and Apex Legends). Unfortunately this is a representation of someone actively destroying their body in order to look good (in their eyes). It's moreso a prevalent issue among men, but there are definitely women out there roiding themselves up to look powerful.

So if this is in any remote way an attempt at creating a female role model, then it's an unmitigated disaster.

It's not an attempt to create a female role model, what? I would never want to look like this.

Your mind is naturally drawn to the unique and unusual, so it comes as no surprise you're finding a trend where there really isn't any. Female muscle caricatures is not as common as it seems, nor is it something developers are taking up as a fad of sorts. It's just a fun and interesting design choice and it's not worth looking into as having any real world applications, especially considering that you're not talking about live people, let alone non-human void technocyte machines that have spines and metal points growing out of their limbs and can be all sorts of crazy shapes.

Would you rather every single female character in media be represented as a bodacious bombshell? Hence, this is why I said if you want to make the comparisons, there'd be too many to count because most of them are like this; It is only but one body type, whereas males in media can come in all sorts of shapes and sizes: 
Fat, short, skinny, muscular, tall, lanky, hunched, etc, nobody bats an eyelid.

But take a female caricature to some unusual/unrealistic direction? Oh ho ho, nope, there must be a problem with her or the designers, can't do it. Women must always be curvy to appear normal.

And this isn't even any kind of PC jargon here. I don't see you taking to the forums complaining about Rhino (also "roided up") or Nekros ("anorexic") or Nezha ("androgynous") because the fact of the matter is that they're male caricatures, so we gotta accept it, yeah?

Also, I could make the argument that being obsessively musclebound is still a healthier alternative to anorexia, but I won't go there.

3 hours ago, Smilomaniac said:

Aesthetics-wise... yeah, it's pretty ugly, but that's subjective.

e53d7f8067067a51029cde8260094ff5867b10ab

Edited by Xaxma
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Ultimatesoup said:

not paying is put as the poor player's choice. 

That's your opinion of the situation. You inferred that. They never said that. They also already have said how she's obtained for free. We'll unlock a boss you farm her components from...

Edited by Velaethia

43 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Except this one is called "War"frame where you'd think Wars would be happening..yet here we wait..  GG

Wars are happening? We're fighting the Grineer, Corpus, Infested, and Sentients. As well as some other Tenno. Just cause you have to wait, or grind for some things in the game doesn't mean there isn't war. The event to unlock Hildryn is literally war against corpus. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Velaethia said:

Wars are happening? We're fighting the Grineer, Corpus, Infested, and Sentients. As well as some other Tenno. Just cause you have to wait, or grind for some things in the game doesn't mean there isn't war. The event to unlock Hildryn is literally war against corpus. 

Then we have vary different definitions of what war is. Come to think of it I actually don't think I've been in a all out War playing Warframe. Just a light skirmish here a light skirmish there an assassination here an assassination there; but no actual War. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Then we have vary different definitions of what war is. Come to think of it I actually don't think I've been in a all out War playing Warframe. Just a light skirmish here a light skirmish there an assassination here an assassination there; but no actual War. 

Not sure you really understand what war is. "

war
/wôr/
noun

1. 1.
    a state of armed conflict between different nations or states or different groups within a nation or state."

With this definition. We are most certainly at war. The Corpus, Grineer, Infested, Sentient, and Tenno are all in a state of armed conflicts between each other. Light skirmishes and assassinations are very much war.

You might be thinking of all out war. But most wars are more like they are in warframe then glorified constant fighting in huge battlegrounds wars. 

Edited by Velaethia

Regardless of the fact that warframe is called that because the exo-suit esque things we control were named that by the orokin. They were built to be super soldiers, for war. Warframe could have no war and it'd still apply because we were named by a culture over 1,000 years ago. Armorframes built for war. Doesn't matter if we actively participate in war or not. But we do so that's besides the point.