Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you feel about Hildryn?

Xaxma

48 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

Wouldn't know, can't get her because I have to grind a faction I thought I could skip, even at just the cost of Baruuk.

That aside, she doesn't look like a strong woman, she looks exactly like what a female bodybuilder who uses steroids and takes testosterone.
It's tantamount to making an anorexic warframe.

And no, I don't mind that there's a muscled female character, I happen to think they're beautiful, but this is more like a very damaged person who is destroying their body.

I mean you could probably justify it with lore, the Orokin probably wouldn't care about damaging them if it helped serve their purposes.

But real talk, I feel like she could be a bit... different

5 hours ago, xxswatelitexx said:

Doesn't make her immune, it simply removes it.

More importantly, the way it works is it fires a LoS Projectile to the enemy, which then comes back to her.
If she moves to a different location and there is an object inbetween, it blocks the projectile from returning. 

It makes her immune when your 2 gives overshields. HP cannot take dmg from any status effect, and your shields won't tick down either. 

You can also quickly press 2 again if the enemies you took shields from are already tagged, dont have to wait for it to come back, 2 recalls it.

hoPIIWW.jpg she's a beast of a frame.

Edited by Vesiga

5 minutes ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

I mean you could probably justify it with lore, the Orokin probably wouldn't care about damaging them if it helped serve their purposes.

But real talk, I feel like she could be a bit... different

The warframe wouldn't take damage, they're fabricated after all, so why wouldn't you have a warframe be a hulking mass of muscle (provided its purpose was aided by that)?

Let's be real, this is sort of a developer fad that's going on where representation has increased in popularity (additional examples in Overwatch and Apex Legends). Unfortunately this is a representation of someone actively destroying their body in order to look good (in their eyes). It's moreso a prevalent issue among men, but there are definitely women out there roiding themselves up to look powerful.

So if this is in any remote way an attempt at creating a female role model, then it's an unmitigated disaster.

Aesthetics-wise... yeah, it's pretty ugly, but that's subjective.

• Like 2

Just now, Smilomaniac said:

The warframe wouldn't take damage, they're fabricated after all, so why wouldn't you have a warframe be a hulking mass of muscle (provided its purpose was aided by that)?

Let's be real, this is sort of a developer fad that's going on where representation has increased in popularity (additional examples in Overwatch and Apex Legends). Unfortunately this is a representation of someone actively destroying their body in order to look good (in their eyes). It's moreso a prevalent issue among men, but there are definitely women out there roiding themselves up to look powerful.

So if this is in any remote way an attempt at creating a female role model, then it's an unmitigated disaster.

Aesthetics-wise... yeah, it's pretty ugly, but that's subjective.

I think it's fine as long as the frame isn't presented as a role model, personally. Bad things are okay in fiction as long as they're not shown to be good things. That's probably not how anyone's really framed it in devstreams and stuff but I feel like if they had to give a professional statement it'd be the obvious, don't do anything unhealthy to obtain your goals.

Personally I like the idea of a buff frame and I'm getting Hildryn either way, but for my personal taste it could've been a bit different.

hace 6 horas, SenorClipClop dijo:

Post your build. I'm doing pretty alright with this. Grineer aren't a problem as 2 takes from Armor as well as Shields.

It works really bad against armor (barely gives you any shield back ) (And for the build ... not putting adaptation its inaceptable .... its the only DR that affects shields and has really good sinergy with the gate system in shields ) .

Nothing spectacular, really. The only nice thing is her regenerating shield pool that is used to cast the skills and the helicopter noises she makes when aegis storm is active so you can really feel like an attack helicopter. Oh, and the 6000 MR.

She doesn't really have much issues surviving on most Starchart content and probably can do Sorties quite easily, but that's probably it. Not really my style to play and ofc I am a detractor of the visual.

If you are wondering why some people would just rather pay plat, because they can't be half assed to farm Solaris standing.

Edited by Guest

I love her shields-as-energy mechanic (as it led me to rediscover how good Vazarin is), but the only useful ability she has is her 2. Her 1 has horrible stats, her 3 has a high drain for the amount of damage/'healing' it does (and it doesn't boost you), and her 4 forces you to use her horrible 1 while moving at the speed of an Arcane Thrak Helmet Rhino that's being affected by 20 Acrtic Exemi.

Now, if her 1 had good stats, her 3 was slightly less expensive (and increased your overshield cap), and her 4 was slightly faster and let you use her entire arsenal, then I think she would be a lot of fun. As is, she is useable, but unless you are going into an Eximus Stronghold or a Energy Drain Nightmare mission, there's really no reason to pick her over other frames.

Also, playing her has made me realize one thing: we have no Aura mods that positively affect shields. We have an Aura that turns spent energy into shields, and one that drains shields to bolster charged melee attacks, but none that positively benefit shields in a way that Hildryn can take advantage of. I think either an Aura that increases base shields (the same way we have ones for armor and health) or one that increases overshield cap would be very good for her. Alternatively, one that gave shields a 10% DR would be fun to play around with in groups.

• Like 1

Mechanically I kind of like her. In reality shes destroyed by the fact she uses her shields. If you arent using adaptation she feels terrible. With adaptation I do kind of like her but it's crazy to suggest a frame needs something so powerful to simply feel good.

You need to spam pillage to keep shields and overshield because without max efficiency you will be dipping out of OS territory a lot and without OS you are completely vulnerable to the chip damage of toxin/slash.  I did a final sortie mission with 130% efficiency and it was awful. Used haven to protect my team, aegis storm cause why not, and because her ult prevents all weapon usage outside of balefire I had to use that. I was able to use it for like 10 seconds before I dropped to 1000 shields when I had both redirection and augur accord. If I was playing against corpus and not infested I'd have been shot down because I used too much energy. As a result having to press 2 ever 4 seconds feels awful for the flow of combat and her CC is not good enough to keep enemies away from her shields.

Haven isnt even that great. Really it's just the shield gating on allies. Damage is bad and it drains too much for somethat actually has 0 benefit to yourself whatsoever. It only buffs your team. 

Also shes terrible for infested. You have no way to offset her shield usage outside of waiting which is laborious. You also have no way to gain overshield which is the only thing keeping her alive against the only faction that regularly deals toxin damage. The only thing you have is balefire and her ult which the same thing can be achieved with a vauban.

And if you do high levels she might not be that great against grineer since people like to strip armor a lot. Corrosive projection actively lowers your shield restored per enemy making it more painful to play.

I dont mind the idea of a shield tank if they managed to add DR to shields or a frame that uses shield as energy. But the fact they went with both without even giving shields a decent buff is rough. The shield gating idea works but then you realize if you lose shields you just have 2 seconds to run and wait if you didnt get off a pillage before hand because you have nothing to cast with and save yourself. Shield regen is way more limited than health regen since health gets so much forms of leech and other frames restoring it while hildryn pretty much relies purely on herself and waiting. Besides, what's the point of shield gating if your HP is so low you're essentially dead if you take HP damage? 225 HP, even with 300 armor, isn't great when you already need a couple mods to keep ES levels comfortable or have regen not feel terrible. 15+5% es/s after a 5 second wait is too slow when any ability use cancels it.

Edited by Annnoth

Yeah waiting on farming her still... luckily enough I've still got plenty to do with the boring pre-event... it's so boring I can only do one or two at a go...

To be fair though, I was expecting there to be massive nerfs if she was overpowered on release so wasn't in any hurry to get her till she was 'fixed'.

Edited by LSG501

40 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Nothing spectacular, really. The only nice thing is her regenerating shield pool that is used to cast the skills and the helicopter noises she makes when aegis storm is active so you can really feel like an attack helicopter. Oh, and the 6000 MR.

She doesn't really have much issues surviving on most Starchart content and probably can do Sorties quite easily, but that's probably it. Not really my style to play and ofc I am a detractor of the visual.

If you are wondering why some people would just rather pay plat, because they can't be half assed to farm Solaris standing.

Few months and you will get some good augmented mods.

Like seriously, whoever decided that making her ability have that stupid droning buzzing sound needs a smack in the face >_>

She's turned from a cool new warframe that I've been anticipating for a while now into an annoying fat mosquito that I couldn't be rid off fast enough.

I'm not sure if it's her shield tether, or the sound of her flying but please make it stop, I beg of you >_<

59 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

59 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

I think either an Aura that increases base shields (the same way we have ones for armor and health) or one that increases overshield cap would be very good for her. Alternatively, one that gave shields a 10% DR would be fun to play around with in groups.

So as I said I over-all like her. I do believe she needs more work. Her 1 key's charge needs to do WAY more damage (although it's not as bad as you say, it's comparable to my staticor, but with less aoe range). Her 4 key needs her to use her regular weapons. 3 key doesn't seem to drain too much shields for me, just gotta hit 2 to keep your shields up. 2 however seems bugged and does not reliably bring back shields. I do agree 4 should be faster, and be able to fly higher. I also agree on an aura boosting shields. Maximum Capacity AND recharge. I'm surprised they didn't add it with this patch. Hopefully soon. However I've been doing really good on her on all mission types and may change her to be my new main. She fully regains her shields when fighting profit taker, she can recharge the shields of eidolon lures. Her great survivability (including 3 seconds immortality) is great for index. Done sorties super easy. Her biggest downside is mediocre damage and poor movement. And her bugs. I always keep my 3 up. After it drains all my energy I become immortal for 3 seconds and my moa fully recharged it. Usually unless I'm being thrashed on my shields will last at least 30 seconds for the full shield ability to recharge. (Making it really hard to kill me). 4 also CC's all enemies it hits similar to Nezha's 4. She's also good because she's the only frame that starts with full "energy" and one of the few frames where energy management isn't a thing. 

Maybe y'all just don't know how to play her? I don't seem to take slash/toxin damage with my shields up at all. I do if I lose shields, get the debuff and get shields back on however. But I can just go into op mode and wait it out like I do on literally every other frame. Plus when you lose shields you get 3 second immortality. By the time it wears off without my moa/sentinmal recharging (cuz it was on CD). I get 1.5k shields. Use pillage and boom max, and sometimes overshield depending on if it is working properly or not.

Edited by Velaethia

2 minutes ago, Ultimatesoup said:

Can you obtain it without paying platinum?

No.

Yes...???

You can't obtain her right this moment, but she will be obtainable that's been confirmed. The same could be said of Baruuk because of daily standing limits. Garuda because of standing, and Gara, etc, etc. She's hardly the first you can't farm for free on day one. 

• Like 2

il y a 2 minutes, Velaethia a dit :

Yes...???

You can't obtain her right this moment, but she will be obtainable that's been confirmed. The same could be said of Baruuk because of daily standing limits. Garuda because of standing, and Gara, etc, etc. She's hardly the first you can't farm for free on day one. 

Is it the first Warframe that is Platinum-exclusive for a week because you can't progress toward its obtention for a week. The point here is not obtainable since day one or not. The point is about being able to work toward it or not.

And this is the first time where you can't start working to get it since day one. Hence the paywall.

Edited by Ultimatesoup
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Velaethia said:

You can't obtain her right this moment

The the entire idea. DE expects a minimum of an entire week before we get a shot at this warframe, could be less, could be more. The more important thing to note is it's pure waiting. With garuda, you saw she had materials you can't get right now but come back and try later. Hildryn? I could leave for a week and come back and have as good of a chance at getting her as anyone else.

• Like 3