Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Weekly - 5 Sorties REALLY?

Mickey1779

1 hour ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

A person who can only play, for example, 1 hour per day should not feel ENTITLED to getting as much reward as somebody who can play, for example, 2 hours a day.

So your position on this boils down to "screw you, I got mine"? Because I'm sure the required time investment could be raised to a point where even you would consider it unreasonable, and I seriously doubt you'd find the above-quoted argument to be very persuasive.

This is like saying "I should get just as much money as my coworker did! It's not fair that I cant work as many hours as him".

That's a valid argument when talking about jobs. Which, notably, Warframe is not.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 2

On 2019-03-11 at 5:15 AM, DerGreif2 said:

Every time there are people that have problems with ELITE challenges... dont do it then...

Dailys posing as a Weekly is my biggest problem with this. Well, asides that new players can't do this or most elite's in general and as such this new system albiet fun is a hindrance vs alert system. 

IMHO a fix is easy Two nightwave lists that give the same amount of standing.

One for pre War Within with things those players can actually launch/do themselves

One for post War within players. 

3 hours ago, Fire2box said:

Dailys posing as a Weekly is my biggest problem with this. Well, asides that new players can't do this or most elite's in general and as such this new system albiet fun is a hindrance vs alert system. 

IMHO a fix is easy Two nightwave lists that give the same amount of standing.

One for pre War Within with things those players can actually launch/do themselves

One for post War within players. 

Nightwave is not for casual or new players. People have to deal with it. The higher tiers are for vets or semi casuals. Nightwave is something to do for people that already completed almost everything.

28 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

Nightwave is not for casual or new players. People have to deal with it. The higher tiers are for vets or semi casuals. Nightwave is something to do for people that already completed almost everything.

False. As the STATED replacement for alerts, Nightwave is for everyone.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

Nightwave is for everyone. There are plenty of acts throughout the week for newbies to do for earning standing and creds to buy basic stuff they may need/want, while the experienced players can get more fun out of the elites and aim for the end rewards.

"Everyone" may not include the people who just consider everything to be "anoying".

• Like 2

14 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

I think it's a stretch to say that days played is the only thing that matters.

And even if it was, pfft, and? You expect me to have a problem with that?

My point still stands. It is ENTIRELY reasonable that people who invest more time into the game, OR those who can log in more often (or, both, usually) progress faster than those who dont.

Also, some jobs have peak times that pay better so that's a thing.

What in Warframe has a peak time that provides a better reward?

15 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

So your position on this boils down to "screw you, I got mine"? Because I'm sure the required time investment could be raised to a point where even you would consider it unreasonable, and I seriously doubt you'd find the above-quoted argument to be very persuasive.

That's a valid argument when talking about jobs. Which, notably, Warframe is not.

A) it's not "screw you I got mine". Thanks for being civil and putting words in my mouth. There is a lot of things in this game that ask for time investment that I dont have time for. I dont have time to acquire every single warframe. I dont have time to acquire every single weapon. I dont have time to use enough forma (even with plat and a booster) to make a good build for every single warframe and every single weapon. I dont have time to be mastery rank 26.

But you dont see me throwing a tantrum and being disrespectful to people because they choose to invest more time than me into the game to do those things.

If you are able to, and choose to invest more time into a game than me you SHOULD have at least something out of it.

B) it's a valid analogy. The underlying philosophy that I am seeing is "I am ENTITLED to max nightwave standing for minimum effort and minimum time". That to me, is absurd. And it's just as absurd as saying your 20 hours of work should net you as much money as someone else's 40 hours of work despite you both being in the same position.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

That's a heavily flawed analogy though since players do not get rewarded more based on the time of day they play, that was how random alerts worked. So now you can only compare days and total time played.

So far the only challages that have even cared about how many days per week you play have been the 5 sortie challenge and the 10 syndicate mission challenge. If I missed one please let me know.

So should players get rewarded more because they can play more days that week? Total time played doesn't matter in this case.

It's not a flawed analogy. You just want to insist that you are entitled to max nightwave standing (or at least close to it, apparently) even if you cant play that often.

"Replace the word "shift" with the word "24 hour period" and the point still stands.

You could log in what, once every 3 days and still get 100% of the available nightwave standing.

You can straight up not bother to get what, 40% of all the nightwave standing over a period of 10 weeks.

With few exceptions, most of the challenges can be done in a few minutes. The ones that cant gice you several days to get it done.

If that isnt generous enough for you I dont know what is.

nd was it you who rudely pulled the whole IM SORRY I HAVE A LIFE routine or was that the other guy? I forgot.

sorry I cant come into work Monday through Friday this week boss, but you can have me work this weekend and do everything I was supposed to do during the week right?

Also the whole "at a certain time thing" was never meant to be 100 PERCENT GONE BEYOND A TRACE lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Nightwave. Log in at least every what, third day to get the most out of it? Then there is daily log in rewards? Then theres how daily faction standing limits reset every 24 hours?

Jesus.

Yeah, that's not even close to the same thing. No wonder why no one understand your analogy with peak time.

37 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

it's not "screw you I got mine".

But it is.

37 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

it's a valid analogy. The underlying philosophy that I am seeing is "I am ENTITLED to max nightwave standing for minimum effort and minimum time". That to me, is absurd. And it's just as absurd as saying your 20 hours of work should net you as much money as someone else's 40 hours of work despite you both being in the same position. 

So you've never heard of unpaid overtime?

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Yeah, that's not even close to the same thing. No wonder why no one understand your analogy with peak time.

"No one understands it" lmao yeah no.

You just want to split hairs over it because you insist on thinking you are ENTITLED to max standing without the work. And you can split all the hairs in the world at this point I just cant  help but laugh at the entitlement. Some people know how to balance their lives in such a way that they actually have a decent amount of free time. Maybe someday you can be one of them 🙂

But just to watch the mental gymnastics: imagine someone getting a job. The manager sets the schedule. Manager asks you to work Monday through Friday. You cant work Friday because reasons. There isnt another shift available for you so you work less hours and get less money.

You throw a temper tantrum and yell at the manager for not understanding that some people have a life.

See the problembhere?

• Like 1

Sorties take 40 minutes at max. I usually complete them in less than 20 minutes. Most of these nightwave challenges are pretty basic. If you can't do them alone recruiting exists. If you have a life and can't get on well thats tuff. This is actually better than alerts because newbies can get nitain, corrosive projection, aura mods, and all sorts of stuff guaranteed. Hey they even can get forma early. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SordidDreams said:

But it is.

So you've never heard of unpaid overtime?

Please explain to me how anything I said is "screw you got mine". Hell, there are some challenges I couldn't get done either but I'm not throwing a fit because I dont feel like I'm ENTITLED to max standing in the first place.

And jesus christ, how long do you want to keep up the dishonest hair splitting over a simple analogy? You can nitpick all you want. We are still talking about people who want something given to them without wanting to "work" for it. Because apparently simple tasks in a video game are too much to ask. Its pathetic.

I'll be waiting for the mental gymnastics on this one

Manager :I need you to work Monday through Friday this week

Guy: I cant work Friday because reasons can I have a different schedule

Manager: those are the only shifts I have available for you

Guy: well how about I not work 40 hours this week and get paid for 40 hours anyway?

Go ahead.

• Like 1

On 2019-03-11 at 5:15 AM, DerGreif2 said:

Every time there are people that have problems with ELITE challenges... dont do it then...

This isn't an elite challenge on par with a hour in kuva survival nor is it a weekly. it's just a daily posing as them demanding you to play Warframe for 5 days over the course of 7. 

how long do you want to keep up the dishonest hair splitting over a simple analogy?

I'm going to keep pointing out that the analogy isn't analogous as long as you keep using it. Case in point:

We are still talking about people who want something given to them without wanting to "work" for it. Because apparently simple tasks in a video game are too much to ask. Its pathetic.

I'll be waiting for the mental gymnastics on this one 

Manager :I need you to work Monday through Friday this week 

Guy: I cant work Friday because reasons can I have a different schedule 

Manager: those are the only shifts I have available for you

Guy: well how about I not work 40 hours this week and get paid for 40 hours anyway?

Go ahead.

More like:

Manager: We're cutting your pay by 80%.

Guy: Hey, that doesn't seem fair.

Manager: Tough, deal with it.

You: Good god, that Guy is so ENTITLED. 🙄

• Like 2

It is an elite challenge, first people got upset because beating the hydrolist was too hard then they got upset because doing a hr survival was too long so de gives in to the whiners and gives these stupid easy Elite (lol) challenges and now having to log in for 15 to 20 mins max to do a sortie is to much???

Jesus if you cant do baby soft stuff like 5 sorties out of 8 days then maybe you're not elite challenge level... 

And the funny thing is you dont even have to be and you'll still get all the rewards...

The 5 sortie mission is fine, but personally I won't be able to complete it this week since I will only be able to play 4 days. (first mission that i miss) I would have liked it if it let me replay the sortie just for progression or at least give me progression if i help someone else through it the first time. That way I could catch up the days I do play, hopefully that can be changed for the future.

Edited by Taxen0

1 hour ago, Taxen0 said:

The 5 sortie mission is fine, but personally I won't be able to complete it this week since I will only be able to play 4 days. (first mission that i miss) I would have liked it if it let me replay the sortie just for progression or at least give me progression if i help someone else through it the first time. That way I could catch up the days I do play, hopefully that can be changed for the future.

Now this is a reasonable request. A repeated sortie is still a sortie in my book. For those who can't complete the 5 it'd be an alternative. For those who already do it every day it'd be pretty stupid to repeat today's sortie 5 times knowing I'll do one tomorrow either way.