The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

okay. DE may have inflated the rate of scanning Data-Hash. and...?

mikakor

Mainly its just disappointing to see how out of touch they are with their player base.
OBVIOUSLY a majority of the community wasnt going to hunt a map for tiny scannables. 

You know what we're going to do ... go into missions to shoot things; because thats why most of us play.

Rule #1: Never, ever, under any circumstance do you make excuses for developers. All developers are arrogant and defensive about their work like all artists, but once in a while you have to tell them off, which is really difficult when people like you defend them like this.

They might have a point if they brought this up as a sort of Hildyrn, pay for early access since the way this event is set up essentially locks the free option out until the next phase.

But some people take the most questionable angles, that developers should hold content hostage over trivial things. It's to no one's interest for them to withhold the next phase. People who scanned them are stuck waiting. People who don't scanned them are implicated. The game draws no players in from this stalemate as well so there's no reason for them to keep this up.

Edited by RX-3DR

Simple fix, give special rewards to the people that ACTUALLY completed the event, remember when you'd get some form of recognition when completing a large event? Instead of just pandering to the masses that don't want to bother participating, hey remember when DE said that only participating players getting a certain amount of points would get the ignis wraith blueprint and then they went and gave it away to everyone anyway cause screw reward diveristy, this just keeps with the standard ruling that DE will always bend a knee to the kids that whine the loudest, I'm actually debating on saying hell with the nightwave missions because DE will probably just open those up to players later on or make the rewards easier to get.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wargthewarg said:

I take this as a small victory that DE has read the feedback on how badly designed this scanning event was and agrees with it.

I am also extremely glad to have forfeited this scanning thing entirely the moment I found out what kind of mess it was.

This. Personally i don't really mind, since i simply did the whole scanning thing by watching a video showing all the precise locations; it took me what, 10 minutes?

However, if i had try to look for them without any external help, like some people did, i think i would be really pissed right now. What was the point of making us do something like this if they didn't intend it to fail in the first place? This is extremely disrespectful for everyone who took the time to look for them first, and them make guides/videos/maps to share them with the community.

• Like 1

We actually did have an event where the players refused to partake in and basically failed. It was the first Fomorian after relays got introduced, we only saved a few relays and ignored the rest and let them be blown up.

That one didn't really have an impact on us but this dragging out for months would have. Agreed, they messed up thinking everyone will be willing to look for data hashes, hope they learn from it and don't repeat the mistake. Community goals need more interaction, this wasn't it.

2 hours ago, Fire2box said:

It would be hilarious but the reason the community failed is they simply didn't know what to do. How many people just watched video guides on the locations to scan? I know I was one and even then I still only scanned 6 or 7. 

I'd like to believe that's the case but it's far more likely if you look at the amount of whining about nightwave taking too much effort, that most people simply couldn't be bothered.

3 minutes ago, General-Pacman said:

This. Personally i don't really mind, since i simply did the whole scanning thing by watching a video showing all the precise locations; it took me what, 10 minutes?

However, if i had try to look for them without any external help, like some people did, i think i would be really pissed right now. What was the point of making us do something like this if they didn't intend it to fail in the first place? This is extremely disrespectful for everyone who took the time to look for them first, and them make guides/videos/maps to share them with the community.

More pissed than going through the effort to find all of them, making the guides but still having to wait for months because not enough people were scanning them still? Between what we have now and what we could have had if DE stuck to their guns, even if it did take me about an hour to get them all, I still prefer this over getting nothing out of it until who knows when.

10 minutes ago, RX-3DR said:

More pissed than going through the effort to find all of them, making the guides but still having to wait for months because not enough people were scanning them still? Between what we have now and what we could have had if DE stuck to their guns, even if it did take me about an hour to get them all, I still prefer this over getting nothing out of it until who knows when.

Oh, don't get me wrong, i think that manually increasing the scanning progress was the correct decision, all things considered; but they should clarify the reason behind this desicion. i think the main issue here is that they hid a warframe, a new boss fight and some potential new lore in Fortuna behind an event that seemed that could be failed by the community; and a lot of people poured a lot of effort to prevent it from failing, to finally realize that failing was never a possible scenario.

Heck, to be honest i can't understand how no one saw this coming.

Edited by General-Pacman

6 minutes ago, RX-3DR said:

This person understands my rage right now am i pissed it got bumped abit but understand we would fail if they didnt

how pissed would i be if de didnt boost and it failed because people refused to read a map or a guide and we got nothing? valkyr would look like a innocent kitten with the level of hysteria id pull to vent

also the people who did nothing and then complain they got nothing from the event that would just make me more mad 

i also would like to complain i am lacking a snickers to fix my rage and i am hungry...very hungry 

16 minutes ago, RX-3DR said:

Well, he has point though. I'm happy that today or tomorrow we should be able to progress the story but this is a low blow to everyone who spent hours putting together guides and actually exploring.

No doubt being stuck is worse but letting players waste time is definitely not a good move from DE's part. Guess we'll have to see how the situation evolves now

Edited by Olphalarepth

Just now, General-Pacman said:

Oh, don't get me wrong, i think that manually increasing the scanning progress was the correct decision, all things considered; but they should clarify the reason behind this desicion. i think the main issue here is that they hid a warframe, a new boss fight and some potential new lore in Fortuna behind an event that seemed that could be failed by the community; and a lot of people poured a lot of effort to prevent it from failing; and now they find out that failing was never a possible scenario.

Heck, to be honest i can't understand how no one saw this coming.

• DE: here is a task you have to only do once for a community effort we even given you a map and people will probably make guides for more direct locations
  • player base: reward for doing it?
  • DE: well nothing right now but...
  • Player base: not doing it no reward boring just give us stuff pointless to try to make things interesting
  • *insert surprised pikachu from DE*
  • DE: ok guess we will boost the numbers so we can give you guys the content since some are participating dont want screw them
  • Player base: what are you doing?
  • DE: boosting the numbers so you guys get content you will complain if i don't
  • Player base: just let us lose then were going to fail anyway so let us fail
  • DE: your failing because your too lazy to do it unless i reward you and if i did let you lose you'd complain about content drought made by your own hand
  • player base: no we wou...
  • DE: yes you will don't lie and even if i let you win you complain no matter what i do you complain
  • *insert suprised pikachu from playerbase followed by complaining*

besides now understanding why DE drinks that is my thought process on how it is going currently between the entities of DE and player base about this update and event 

I really wanted to do the data hash side mission for Buried Debts, but then they took it away because it was doing bad. The problem was that there was no reward for it and that's why a lot of players did not participate. However, the story part of it might have been interesting. I hope they bring it back with rewards next time around. If they can turn this data hash mission around before the Buried Debts Fracture mission ends, then they should extend both the Buried Debts missions to another 13 days so everyone will have time to get the Fracture rewards.

4 minutes ago, CyberDruid said:

I really wanted to do the data hash side mission for Buried Debts, but then they took it away because it was doing bad. The problem was that there was no reward for it and that's why a lot of players did not participate. However, the story part of it might have been interesting. I hope they bring it back with rewards next time around. If they can turn this data hash mission around before the Buried Debts Fracture mission ends, then they should extend both the Buried Debts missions to another 13 days so everyone will have time to get the Fracture rewards.

i did it story was interesting Zuud was stressing out like mad about people with debts to small to collect and how they couldn't come back for them even euido was scared

but no since the community said no i dont get a cookie for doing this so im not gunna do even though it would lead to rewards in the future and even though video guides giving exact locations exist now here we are having the most meta of complaining/discussion is it ok for DE to boost numbers to give us content because we were too lazy to do something even though we had all the tools to do it in like 10 minutes 

4 hours ago, seprent said:
  • DE: here is a task you have to only do once for a community effort we even given you a map and people will probably make guides for more direct locations
  • player base: reward for doing it?
  • DE: well nothing right now but...
  • Player base: not doing it no reward boring just give us stuff pointless to try to make things interesting
  • *insert surprised pikachu from DE*
  • DE: ok guess we will boost the numbers so we can give you guys the content since some are participating dont want screw them
  • Player base: what are you doing?
  • DE: boosting the numbers so you guys get content you will complain if i don't
  • Player base: just let us lose then were going to fail anyway so let us fail
  • DE: your failing because your too lazy to do it unless i reward you and if i did let you lose you'd complain about content drought made by your own hand
  • player base: no we wou...
  • DE: yes you will don't lie and even if i let you win you complain no matter what i do you complain
  • *insert suprised pikachu from playerbase followed by complaining*

besides now understanding why DE drinks that is my thought process on how it is going currently between the entities of DE and player base about this update and event 

it's up to DE to teach the player base a lesson, not reward the community for failure. 

If that's just a 1 to 3 day delay, week delay or a even a month "until it gets done" then so be it. But if DE wants to just skip events they themselves create, why bother having them in the first place? 

I don't think this would of been a issue if players were given a radar system to guide them to the PDA's and got something like 3 forma, a Warframe slot and one of each potato. 

16 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

it's up to DE to teach the player base a lesson, not reward the community for failure. 

If that's just a 1 to 3 day delay, week delay or a even a month "until it gets done" then so be it. But if DE wants to just skip events they themselves create, why bother having them in the first place? 

I don't think this would of been a issue if players were given a radar system to guide them to the PDA's and got something like 3 forma, a Warframe slot and one of each potato. 

Why should they get something? Why do they need that to do it? I did it cos it's different, not cos I cared what I got from it. I hope the next phase is only available to people who bothered to participate, that would serve them right. I'm so sick of this attitude from them. 

Edited by Zilchy
  • Like 1