Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Doing more damage in late game? (Soma Prime)

Leo.doodling

Question

I am currently MR 20 and feel fine in most areas. But fighting high level enemies or doing sorties I feel really weak. I sometimes get just single digit percentage of damage during sorties.

My main weapon is this Soma Prime. I was wondering if any one could take a moment to give me some tips on what Mods I should seek out as a way to get more damage out of this gun.

2fM22Fh.png

I haven't used more forma yet because I wasn't sure I should commit to my current mods.

Thank you much for your time

13 answers to this question

For me the Soma Prime has always been more of needle gun, its damage is way too low, even with high Crit multiplier and it relies too much on stacking Slash procs to deal damage and kill.

The Tenora in my opinion is much better than the Soma as it deals primarily Puncture damage which is more ideal for taking on armored and heavier enemies on late/end game. My Prisma Gorgon deals over 4K damage per shot on the body and over 17K damage on Headshots.

20 minutes ago, OperatorLeo said:

2fM22Fh.png

Where is your Split Chamber mod? Also, Ammo Mutation is not necessary if you have Carrier.

Edited by BiancaRoughfin
  • Like 1

That highly depends on what weapons you have. Serration is a must have for and i would recommend maxing it. Primed cry rounds is unnecessary to max at this point. Split chamber is a must have. If you have other weapons available i would suggest this build for the baza. If you have hunters ammunition, swap it for one of the elemental mods. These slash procs will really help against high lvl enemys.

Build: https://goo.gl/DAJhPt

The build easily works for the soma too.

Gerade eben schrieb BiancaRoughfin:

I would replace that Hellfire with Rime Rounds, Explosive damage isnt very efficient against armored enemies, cold deals better with them in later game along with shields and slowing up mobs is very helpful. But, thats just me.

I quite like explosive damage, especially on high fire rate weapons. The enemy knockdown can be quite useful at times. And this was just a fast budget build. And yes, if something has to go for hunters ammunition it should be hellfire.

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

The Tenora in my opinion is much better than the Soma as it deals primarily Puncture damage which is more ideal for taking on armored and heavier enemies on late/end game. 

I love Tenora too.... slap a Firerate Mod in it and it SHREDS HARD !!!! 😄

It's Alt Fire crits pretty hard too. 

2 hours ago, OperatorLeo said:

2fM22Fh.png

Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

So much wrong with this build

- No MS

- Hammer Shot

- Ammo Mutation

- Radiation Damage

- not even maxed mods (you are MR20 how is that possible?)

Not gonna say this is the best, but it is way stronger than yours but as cheap as yours (1 Forma)

soma.jpg

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

Use the build suggested by GnarlsDarkley

I would adjust it slightly as follows: Replace Vigilante Armaments with (Primed) Shred and Hunter Munitions with another +90% damage mod for more total corrosive damage.

Hunter Munitions is also an option, but without Vigilante Armaments it will definitely work a little slower. As a matter of fact it might also work slower with Vigilante Armaments as well, I mean - a bit behind in the time it takes to kill, not necessarily in the total damage dealt. Anyway, you can test HM and 90% yourself and see which one you like more, but I wouldn't consider a build without punch-through really.

Edited by DarthKadra

3 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

For me the Soma Prime has always been more of needle gun

Thanks for all the info. I think long ago someone gave me bad advice about the split chamber so will add that soon. I do love my Soma Prime though but I'll look into those other guns.

3 hours ago, Habba said:

Thanks for the share, I'll check it out next time I log in.

3 hours ago, (PS4)salem9080 said:

Well bro i don't think soma is good anymore . ppl use shotgun mostly now. Like arca plasmor. So would say try some good shotguns. n they will help u kill better . Not only shotguns are good tho. But i believe they're better for now so 

I am so not a big shotgun fan, I like my long range machine gun type weapons though, so I guess I'm shooting myself in the foot a bit there. Will see what I can make work with the advice everyone is giving.

3 hours ago, Kryshok said:

I run a corrosive build on mine and you definately need split chamber to double up your damage. Since it does rely on slash procs to help kill I would look to boost slash damage as well.

Never thought about splash damage so that does sound nice, will look into it.

1 hour ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

So much wrong with this build

I guess in my feeble defense I made this build long ago. I haven't really been messing with late-game or hard stuff till just very recently and that's why I came here to ask for advice as to why I am doing so little damage. Thanks for the advice though, I will check out the build there next time I go online.

1 hour ago, DarthKadra said:

I would adjust it slightly as follows: Replace Vigilante Armaments with (Primed) Shred and Hunter Munitions with another +90% damage mod for more total corrosive damage.

Alright thanks will see what works best with the mods and capacity and such.

One more you might want to consider if you're looking to replace the Soma Prime is the Tiberon Prime.

After having the Soma regular I was really looking forward to the Soma Prime but once I got it ......frankly I'll take the smaller mag size of the Tiberon Prime because of it's versatility and better stats