Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILER] Remove the 'hey kiddo' NPC from Orbiter

NannersPrime

11 hours ago, ValariusXT said:

Don't remove him, improve him. Make the orbiter shake and lights flicker then an evil loud whisper HEY KIDDDOOO!! That will be really fun. Now, it's just MEH! It's you again, heyo!

Honestly, I'd go the opposite way. Don't announce the doppleganger, instead just have it milling about somewhere for you to stumble upon every now and then.

• Like 1

He turned up for the first time in months yesterday. I spotted him and said "oh it's Wally! Hi Wally" into a hot mic. I was a bit worried because I was chatting with a low ranked newb asking what augment mods they wanted and was worried I might have given away the gig. 

But since he's never really scared me, I'm reasonably certain that just figured I was talking to someone else irl or my kubrow puppy or moa or something. 

I think Wally felt bad for not visiting more often because he showed up 2 missions later as well. 

Not sure why people think he's scary. He's pretty much the only person in the game with any fashion sense. 

• 2 years later...

I get more surprised by just how loud he is compared to everything else. Since i dont do too much in my orbiter usually hes pretty much exclusively appearing near the market/navigation. Hes louder than any of the things on the ship including the helminth. Id prefer just having a slider to turn him down rather than off. That said itd be nice if we could turn ordis and the lotus off too though since im more tired of seeing their same dialogues in every mission or when im changing armaments even if i have them muted. After 8 years of hearing that my mission was difficult but we pulled through i think my tenno needs training if its still difficult with guns that 1shot everything

The worst is when you're playing on a Switch and he loads, but doesn't do anything for like five minutes. So he's sitting on your codex console, just kinda nods at you, you go mess with your loadout, and you come back to Navigation and hear...

"Hey kiddo..."

Something strange has already happened, I was configuring mods and a volt player went down the navigation ramp, I definitely don't know how the player connected to me, because I was out of the squad for many minutes and there was no one connected to the squad.

I have been playing this game for so long that sometimes I feel the ship as my home or a real environment but I am not afraid of the tenno ghost because I know what happens in the dressing room, they are just animated 3D models.

There is a button in the options that disables the gore, this should disable the kiddo but the DE needs to do it, I recommend that you put drones on the ground, have a pet, visit the helminth constantly, listen to the orders and you will see that you are not alone on your ship.

I think you like the game, send more support reviews, I'm rooting for you, good luck

There really is nothing he adds to the game except very cheap jump scare.

Now, I don't mind it much, but I heard a few players who have more trouble because of medical/psychological issues they have.

I say add option to silence it at least for such ppl with default on.