Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ignoring nightwave seems like a good idea

AltheusV

A thought occurred to me earlier today, as I was getting stressed about nightwave things, the thought was "Why do I care?"

I have the warframes and weapons I want, I don't need cosmetics or decorations, I buy potatoes with platinum, the only thing that I would struggle to get elsewhere is nitain and I have a resonable stock of that.

I won't be governed by FOMO so I think I'll throttle back on nightwave, play less warframe, stop fretting about the rewards and start playing other games.

I'm mostly waiting for railjack to see if that is interesting and fun to play, if it isn't, that will probably be my lot for Warframe.

• Like 5

vor einer Stunde schrieb tarfeef101:

Umbral forma tho.

Opinion incoming.

People like me not care for Umbra Mods right now or this minor set boost and extra minor stats for content we still can beat normaly, we not need this elitism, fine for those who can and care but some of us don't simply.

Edited by Marine027
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Opinion incoming.

People like me not cre for Umbra Mods right now for this minor set boost and extra minor stats for content we still can beat normaly, we not need this elitism, fine for those who can and care but some of us don't simply.

For me, it's about the only reward I really want out of it and it will most likely be very important once we head to Tau. I think some people are thinking ahead on this issue. The problem is that they've planned Nightwave out so poorly that it's painful. It should be a purely currency based system so you can do as much or as little Nightwave as you want in order to get the specific rewards you want rather than their teired nonsense that makes you feel pressured to play the game in a very prescribed way, which is a major issue for people who don't play 24/7/365.

Edited by Ceryk
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, AltheusV said:

Things

I don't understand. Most of the challenges can be done while playing the game in a normal fashion. Some of them ask you to do something that you might not normally do, the biggest one being the 1 hour survival (though admittedly that's my normal playground). I have done every challenge so far even though I've spent most of my game time playing Division 2. 

Steve said you would only need to get roughly 60% of the available points to get to everything. I just don't understand why you feel like it has somehow or another "governed" you. 

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

I don't understand. Most of the challenges can be done while playing the game in a normal fashion. Some of them ask you to do something that you might not normally do, the biggest one being the 1 hour survival (though admittedly that's my normal playground). I have done every challenge so far even though I've spent most of my game time playing Division 2. 

Steve said you would only need to get roughly 60% of the available points to get to everything. I just don't understand why you feel like it has somehow or another "governed" you. 

If you play 6-8 hours a day, 5-7 days a week, you're right, it's not a problem and it doesn't govern how you play. If, however, you only play 1 or 2 hour sessions a few times a week, it totally governs how you play unless you want to ignore Nightwave. I've felt VERY coerced into playing what the game tells me to play because I want that Umbra Forma. Wasn't enjoying myself playing the game when I was playing that way so I've accepted that I probably won't be getting it because there just aren't enough objectives for me to get that 65% of the objectives to max out that don't require me to allow my gameplay to be dictated by the game when I do feel like playing.

Edited by Ceryk
  • Like 7

27 minutes ago, AltheusV said:

What of it, it might net me a load of plat if I time the sale right, other than that, so what, I've no intention of using it.

Good for you. Many people do. Just providing a reason to bother.

34 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Opinion incoming.

People like me not cre for Umbra Mods right now for this minor set boost and extra minor stats for content we still can beat normaly, we not need this elitism, fine for those who can and care but some of us don't simply.

Elitism? Geez, way to attack those who enjoy different things than you. Some people just enjoy buildcraft, and the process of creating optimized builds and setups. Not elitism at all. Just someone enjoying something differently than you. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ceryk said:

If you play 6-8 hours a day, 5-7 days a week, you're right, it's not a problem and it doesn't govern how you play. If, however, you only play 1 or 2 hour sessions a few times a week, it totally governs how you play unless you want to ignore Nightwave.

I'm done with everything 3-4 hours after daily reset on Sundays. Log in and do the daily in 20 minutes or less the rest of the week. I do play games 4-5 hours a day, seven days a week but, like I said, most of that time is spent on Division 2. 

My main point though is I don't think you even need to worry about it. Just play Warframe as you normally do, perhaps go out of your way just a tad once a week and I think you will be able to reach the end of the rewards. To get 60% of the available standing a week is doable in 1-2 of your 1-2 play sessions I would have to think. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AltheusV said:

A thought occurred to me earlier today, as I was getting stressed about nightwave things, the thought was "Why do I care?"

I have the warframes and weapons I want, I don't need cosmetics or decorations, I buy potatoes with platinum, the only thing that I would struggle to get elsewhere is nitain and I have a resonable stock of that.

I won't be governed by FOMO so I think I'll throttle back on nightwave, play less warframe, stop fretting about the rewards and start playing other games.

I'm mostly waiting for railjack to see if that is interesting and fun to play, if it isn't, that will probably be my lot for Warframe.

If that'll make you happy, then that's what you should do. 

37 minutes ago, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

I don't understand.

=snip=

I just don't understand why you feel like it has somehow or another "governed" you. 

You aren't the only one. People have been blaming DE generating fomo, for burning themselves out. 

I'm guessing that there are people who don't grasp the concept of cost:benefit and until they sit down and ask themselves "is this worth the effort", they just rush headlong into self-destruction. 

1 hour ago, Marine027 said:

Opinion incoming.

Sorry, but unkillable Umbral Nidus is too tempting a thing to just ignore.

vor 41 Minuten schrieb tarfeef101:

Good for you. Many people do. Just providing a reason to bother.

Elitism? Geez, way to attack those who enjoy different things than you. Some people just enjoy buildcraft, and the process of creating optimized builds and setups. Not elitism at all. Just someone enjoying something differently than you. 

And what stops you from using regular mods for this then ? If it is only about different builds, Umbra i see same way as Corrupted mods, people trying to squeeze liek 10% more stats out of something to "play better".

If you take this critc as direct attack, that is not my problem, but apperently i scratched your ego by already mentioning such, so figur.

• Like 1

I do the Nightwave things if I get the nous to do them. Like, say, "get the caches in 3 sabotage missions." Sure, why not - quick three runs, done. I do the daily stuff passively, as in "if it gets done, it gets done." 

The weeklies are hit or miss. I do most of the regular ones, but usually skip the "elite weeklies." I'm not even qualified to do Profit Taker, since I don't have the standing/rank, and I'm in no hurry to get there. I won't do an hour-long survival mission for any amount of reward. So if they're things that can be done quick, great, if not, I skip them. I might make it to rank...hm...22? 23? I don't care about the umbral forma or the armor sets, so there's no real pressure. It's pretty nice.

And anyway, I suspect DE will introduce easier-to-get umbral forma and more umbral mods when The New War comes along. Maybe a standing thing with whatever new faction they introduce. Nightwave is for people who need it now

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

2 hours ago, tarfeef101 said:

Umbral forma tho.

Your assuming Umbral Forma won't be introduced in another way that's not NW. If you have played this game for any particular length of time you know DE is bound to release the UF (if even a bp) in another way.  So I will ignore chorewave play how I want to play and just wait. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

On 2019-03-27 at 11:42 AM, Marine027 said:

And what stops you from using regular mods for this then ? If it is only about different builds, Umbra i see same way as Corrupted mods, people trying to squeeze liek 10% more stats out of something to "play better".

If you take this critc as direct attack, that is not my problem, but apperently i scratched your ego by already mentioning such, so figur.

Um... there are tons of abilities in the game where a threshold is explicitly needed for maximum efficacy. Such as reaching 100% armour stripping, or maximum slow % for slowva, etc. These offer up new possibilities. And same with corrupted mods. Also, again, theoretical buildcraft is all about "what if". What if you needed a build to deal with hordes of lvl 200 heavy gunners? Then having more than just intensify, continuity, streamline, and stretch might be a bit needed. Also, having those makes things interesting. If we didn't have corrupted mods (since you did liken them to the umbral mods you see as unnecessary) there would be no build variety, and it would be boring as hell.

I don't take your critique as a personal attack. I'm not really one to get offended. I'm just saying that you should be weary of a derogatory term like elitists, because that is inherently insulting people. Regardless of whether or not I'm offended, you're being aggressive. 

On 2019-03-27 at 12:21 PM, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Your assuming Umbral Forma won't be introduced in another way that's not NW. If you have played this game for any particular length of time you know DE is bound to release the UF (if even a bp) in another way.  So I will ignore chorewave play how I want to play and just wait. 

Good for you! Me, and many others, are less patient. 

If it wasn't for NW, I wouldn't even be starting missions right now. Have so little to do in the game that I was just logging in for the daily then going back to playing something else. These 'challenges' have also had me go back to content I don't even think about anymore, and see how they have changed or stayed the same over time. Outside of the challenges, haven't played much else of Warframe and am almost at rank 21 already.

On 2019-03-27 at 10:30 AM, AltheusV said:

What of it, it might net me a load of plat if I time the sale right, other than that, so what, I've no intention of using it.

I’ve seen this mentioned a couple of times. Has it been confirmed that the umbral forma will be tradable?