Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox Prime: Hotfix 24.5.8 + 24.5.8.1

[DE]Megan

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed swapping Polarities on a Zaw resulting in the Stance Polarity being removed. 

• A Forma (per affected Zaw) has been delivered to player Inventories who experienced this issue.

Thanks for this. The forma is a good compensation, I guess. back to formaing and leveling.

2 hours ago, Nexeroff said:

Wonderful we have a new prime and I'm very thankful for all the continued bug fixes.

Now if you would just revisit the Wolf of Saturn 6 boss so that scaling doesn't make it a fight that is no fun, that takes far too long (15-20+ min depending on scaling and squad) I would be very appreciative.  The way the Saturn boss functions currently, I don't even want to both trying to fight him in a squad, rather do it solo, and that shouldn't be the case.  To be effective against the Saturn Boss, it's better to be solo and to me, this seems contrary to the intent of DE in creating a community and events where people fight in squads.

The way the Wolf of Saturn 6 boss functions currently is broken, very broken, so broken people just fail the mission to get out instead of fighting him.  That should never be the case.

His scaling is pretty atrocious, I had him spawn in during a hydron nightmare mission. He was like level 80, and with 4 people it took us 20 mins, and the defense target was almost destroyed in the process. It was so bad, that two members of the squad quit trying to kill him because they werent dealing any damage. I literally only killed him, because my kavat stripped his armor, then gave me the crit buff, which was enough to chunk his health.The fact that the convicts he spawns with are invincible, and proceed to fire bomb you the entire time you try to kill wolf is frustrating, not difficult

11 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

But I did not mention the alerts system, you're just making assumptions. The alert system had it's problems, but Nightwave is not a proper replacement to it.

Also, no it doesn't, it just pushes them away because the see this thing with all these rewards and they are told straight up they can't get them cause they're scrubs. Most people don't react well to that. The starchart, as it is, makes a ton more sense for progression than Nightwave ever will. Clear these nodes, clear the junction requirements, beat the junction, get rewarded, progress. That's easy. Nightwave is neither easy nor rewarding, so why it should be considered as something good for newcomers is beyond me. As a newcomer, I had no freakin' idea what radiation damage was, how to make my abilities actually do damage, how to kill en masse, mobile defense missions would kick my arse, spies are things even veterans seem to incapable of doing, and you're expecting all that to LEAD a new player? That will overwhelm them. Push them away. Especially with these pathetic rewards for what is essentially very hard work for a new player. How does a sigil help a new player? How does a noggle help a new player? If this thing is meant to help new players, it's pretty insulting.

Just remember that the 1st season of NW is like how Plains was as its DE trying to improve and grow. NW gives players earnable slots before they learn to use trade chat/buy plat for more slots. Sure the store needs tweaks to make potatoes cost way less wolf creds and every level should just give wolf creds.

The X kill enemies with Y damage type gets new players to learn how elements work. Formaing X times may help players learn to improve their builds. You're going after the cosmetics which new players who want to dip into fashion frame/orbiter fashion can place. As for do X of Z mission type, since no level is attached to them, players can choose to do the lower level stuff on the list.

As a long running player of the game and having seen the good that this system can bring, there is only a handful of things I'd want to get changed. Like have the Elite weeklies if its ESO/SO be 8 waves; Weeklies & Dailies be stuck to the casual/easier-mid tier level of content.; Survival/defence ones being of a 30-45 min calibur.

3 hours ago, NeutuoS said:

Thanks.

Please bring quick melee back, or have an option for people to do so exclusively.

If it’s not too much, can we also have the option to *not* have a quick melee? I.e. I very much prefer the new style, it seems very intuitive and much faster to me, and I would like to continue using it while some would like the old quick melee back.

So maybe make the quick melee be an ‘options’ toggle? Not all of us care to have the old weapon swap system.

27 minutes ago, --RV--Cannibal said:

Why nerf the amprex? It was perfectly fine where it was, not OP and not under powered. there are multiple weapons that are still OP with rivens and haven't even been touched! This is getting so petty. like your general ruling for editing rivens is "Oh a lot of people use it? Oh lets nerf the ones we have already #*!%ed and keep the over powered weapons alone). Stupid.

Riven changes are determind by a bot that monitors weapon usage. The team was not manually looking at every weapon’s state in the game.

the amprex is a very widely used weapon. It makes sense that rivens for it would be nerfed.

Fantastic. I JUST made a damned Oberon Prime Chassis last night, with the express purpose of doing that last offering for Cephalon Suda. So what now? I'm screwed with a useless part for a frame that's been vaulted? And I have to waste more resources to craft a Chroma Prime Chassis now? Can there not be some sort of freaking safeguard to prevent players from doing this when a frame is about to be vaulted? This just blows.

Please buff the wolf sledge, its so much worse than arca titron 😞

The throw has big problems too.

1. Its throw doesn't seem to be affected by amalgam organ shatter.

2. It doesn't scale with bloodrush, and it doesn't add to combo counter.... While gunblade shots do...

3. It misses all the time.

Just now, Sh1nt3k said:

Fantastic. I JUST made a damned Oberon Prime Chassis last night, with the express purpose of doing that last offering for Cephalon Suda. So what now? I'm screwed with a useless part for a frame that's been vaulted? And I have to waste more resources to craft a Chroma Prime Chassis now? Can there not be some sort of freaking safeguard to prevent players from doing this when a frame is about to be vaulted? This just blows.

When new primed frames are announced, so too are the frames and weapons that will be vaulted.

There’s been weeks of warning.

56 minutes ago, idiosyncratic.Ryugu said:

Thanks for #*!%ing up the rivens, that everyone spend #*!%ing ages on to get right. Instead of buffing the weaker ones.. wish people learned that S#&$ for once..

Also nice still no #*!%ing change on the damn bugged af eso and arbi rewards. As in the age old adage fix yo S#&$ before you #*!% yo S#&$.

The rivens haven’t changed, the stats tied to them have. If you truly cared about the weapon, you wouldn’t care at all if the stats went up or down. The weapons are still the same. If all you want is stats, you are looking for is the “biggest dps” weapons, which are the most sensible targets for riven nerfing. 

In short: what you dislike =/= what was changed. And the riven balancing system has NEVER been about weapon weakness. It’s always been exclusively about weapon usage rates.

56 minutes ago, JaycemeSwain said:

Tell me how the old alert system helped warframe be good for newer players. Arbitrations make more sense to cover the clear the start chart thing. NW is helpful for new players. It also gives older players who keep complaining "content drought something to do"

Let's see. New player comes in to game and see some missions that grant him free cosmetics, part for frame, resources, ets. Also give his  some sense of direction, why do he need to open starchart points and so on.

And with nightshi... ft, new players sees that he ether have  to grind hard to get some  wolf creds, and  since there is not much of it, most likely spend them on resources, or u know he can use plat. And  since WF not good at explain anything, thinks - ooooh, another p2p game, great, and then leaves.

And half of challenges force to  waste ur time, like 1h surv, or waste ur resources, like gild some weapon, spend forma.

Also removing of kavat codes, which is pain to get, thx to rng, void traces, cus it so easy to farm and not rng of how much u get after mission 5 or 30 or them, ant so on.

New system is fine as an addition to old alert, but fails as replacement.

2 minutes ago, Snuggy said:

Ingame?

Sure. Go to the news console in-game, then go check the announcement that says “Mesa prime access ending April 2nd.” The details for the Oberon vaulting  are in there.

That said, that was announced March 22nd, leaving only 11 days to react. So yes, I’ll agree that they could’ve announced that way earlier.

1 hour ago, Nox_Terminus said:

When the Stradavar Prime's stats were shown at the last devstream, we were told those stats were placeholder. Yet today I notice the stats are exactly the same as seen on the Devstream. If there was no intention to change the stats, why did you tell us the stats were placeholder? They clearly weren't.

This is especially disappointing as you at DE have stated your intent to balance weapons across MR. Yet as of current, firearms do not progress consistently in their damage outputs/effectiveness. With the stats it currently has the Stradavar Prime's automatic mode is substantially weaker than the Baza at MR 7, which is a weapon which comes with innate silencing. Furthermore when kitguns are taken into account, MR being the 'balance point' loses all meaning. Kitguns currently offer better overall DPS than every weapon in the game, the only exception being sniper rifles after they have been ramped up via combo.

Oh no. A weapon that doesn’t powercreep like the rest. How tragic.

59 minutes ago, JoyfulCandyCube said:

All my hard earned and hundred rolled Sniper Rivens... I am sad...
I hope we can see some reverts to these changes someday.

Most snipers are incredibly popular since the PoE and Fortuna updates. 

Since riven stats are based on popularity, this was inevitable.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Venatorio:

Sure. Go to the news console in-game, then go check the announcement that says “Mesa prime access ending April 2nd.” The details for the Oberon vaulting  are in there.

That said, that was announced March 22nd, leaving only 11 days to react. So yes, I’ll agree that they could’ve announced that way earlier.

Is it possible to see more then 4? I don't see it. What i see is:

Equinoix 3hours ago
Dex stuff 6days ago

Tennocon 14days ago

Nightwave 1 34days ago

Just now, Venatorio said:

Oh no. A weapon that doesn’t powercreep like the rest. How tragic.

Its not even a matter of powercreep. Its a matter of consistency.

If the intent is to balance weapons across MR. Then logically speaking weapons at a higher MR should perform at a higher level than their lower MR counterparts. With the system to bridge the gap being Rivens. However due to how inconsistent weapon balance is, and the fact that riven disposition is shared by each version of a weapon instead of flatly being based on MR (scaling lower as the MR of the weapon increases) only exacerbates this problem.

If you actually bothered to pay attention to my points you'd understand this.

FFS can you stop nerfing sniper rivens? 

Are they used a lot? Yes. But rather than blindly swinging the nerf hammer, have you considered asking the question of "why are they used so much" ?
Let me answer that for you: Because they're literally the only weapon usable against Eidolons, which are the only source of Arcanes. You designed a fight that is only doable in any reasonable amount of time if using a specific weapon class, and now you're nerfing that class because people are actually using it.

Way to go, DE... way to go. 

Fixed Grineer Flameblade enemies doing crazy high damage on their first melee attacks in a combo. The melee swing was unintentionally dealing damage multiple times. This has been fixed so each swing only hits the target once. 

Fixed Nyx’s Mind Control significantly hindering AI's actions in many cases leading to reduced or even non-existent capability.

Some GOOD fixes! Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Nox_Terminus said:

Its not even a matter of powercreep. Its a matter of consistency.

If the intent is to balance weapons across MR. Then logically speaking weapons at a higher MR should perform at a higher level than their lower MR counterparts. With the system to bridge the gap being Rivens. However due to how inconsistent weapon balance is, and the fact that riven disposition is shared by each version of a weapon instead of flatly being based on MR (scaling lower as the MR of the weapon increases) only exacerbates this problem.

If you actually bothered to pay attention to my points you'd understand this.

A.) the intent was never to balance weapons across MRs. it was to address some weapons never being used at all. Weapon popularity. Not weapon utility.

B.) Weapons are not inconsistent, how they are used is, as it changes drastically over time. Like how snipers were nigh unusable pre-PoE. Or how bows used to be sub-par due to too-long charge times.

C.) Disposition is NOT based on a flat scaling, because it is based on popularity. MR has never been tied to weapon effectiveness. Ever. 

D.) Rivens should never be tied to MR. If they were, a new player, using a low-MR weapon gets lucky and gets a good riven. If the riven strength was tied to MR, the player would be able to blaze through A LOT more content with ease, which does little to better that player’s skill.

I did pay attention to your points. I simply disagree with many, and find that DE’s given statements of direction disprove others.

7 minutes ago, K9Fenrir said:

FFS can you stop nerfing sniper rivens? 

Are they used a lot? Yes. But rather than blindly swinging the nerf hammer, have you considered asking the question of "why are they used so much" ?
Let me answer that for you: Because they're literally the only weapon usable against Eidolons, which are the only source of Arcanes. You designed a fight that is only doable in any reasonable amount of time if using a specific weapon class, and now you're nerfing that class because people are actually using it.

Way to go, DE... way to go. 

Weapon popularity has always been the deciding factor for balancing rivens. It’s why rivens were created in the first place. 

Do i agreee with the system? No. But it’s what we have.

Archived