Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Keep Him? Please, Mom? (A Wolf Thread)

TheLorekeeper

I'm sure most of us are aware of our relatively new howling friend and that recently, he's had a new cosmetic drop added as well.

Should he be removed when nightwave ends, I personally feel it'd be an unfair act to a lot of people, myself included who do not have the best luck of even getting to see him, let alone get anything from him. To me, he has enough exclusive items to him, that a permanent stay could be justified as there's lingering reasons for players to want to go after him.

There's theories that he could be a secondary boss on Jupiter come the rework which I think would be neat but--should he stay past the nightwave to begin with?

https://www.strawpoll.me/17828416

I made a poll to see if people feel he should stay or go, and if he should stay, in what way?

I think a juggernaut like boss (he comes when you kill too many new sentient-hybrid enemies on Jupiter upon hearing a respected howl) would work or a simple node-based boss as well. 

Anywho, thought it'd be interesting to discuss. 

I'm pretty sure keeping the wolf was part of the game plan. 

Otherwise people are going to end up just resenting the event. 

I know I've only seen the Wolf once, when I was just having some low lvl fun with friends and he came in and pretty much facerolled everyone. Super fun times that..... after which everyone was pretty much "yup time for a break, wanna play something else?" 

As a RNG encounter he's just patently unfun unless you've built yourself out specifically to deal with the Wolf at all times in the unlikely event he actually shows up. As far as a more affixed boss encounter, he seems like he would work just fine. 

Iv seen him three times, and Id really like to see a way to have him spawn more, or as a boss node.

I like that you can trade the sledge parts, but with the motor being 200 somehting plat right now, im not going to bother with it and go back to palying something eles.

DE is pretty good about not haveing exclusive stuff (other then prime chamber at lest) so im sure therewill be some way to get it otherwise

Edited by Fluff-E-Kitty

If you look at special weapons, they tend to reoccur in some way or another. If he doesn’t remain, I hope that DE at least give an opportunity to farm or obtain his weapon. 

Another option would be invasions whereby he is the target and the reward is a wolf-specific item. That way it would be relatively exclusive but not impossible over the period of time. 

But I agree that the best option by far would be a node or a planet based roaming boss (I like the above idea re spawning during any mission on a certain planet).