Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NW rant, this ain't lead anywhere...

1 hour ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Of course they weren't flawless, but completely dumping them just for the sake of it, while being something that has been in the game forever (at least as long as I play) is just a bad decision.

I did my few alerts and was happy. Now I'll grind for weeks and guess what, I'm not happy at all.

I'm also not happy that de turned once cool events into grind heavy fests that are just vomit inducing. (Open worlds)

So yeah, boo!

Before nightwave I had something called goals, that I worked on. That kept me occupied for literal hours at times. But that's something not a lot of players set, and therefore DE chimes in trying to dictate what every player should do. Which is also just wrong. There's content out there that I don't play for reasons. Best example is SO/ESO .. Just wrong.. 

So yeah, I was proud that I didn't burnt out, outliving tons of clans and friends I was in/had.

But now? It really makes me sick to start the game up. After Grindwave I just login for the bonus, heck I even skipped a few days because I just can't bare it anymore. That's the taste the game left in my mouth after the last updates.. 

Perhaps you should be more thankful that this free game has provided you with 7500 hours of entertainment for FREE.

When the average 50+ dollar game will provide you with MAYBE 100 hours.

Maybe its time you move on.

3 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

6. Way too much for what? It's just a sudden wall erected between you and rewards you could have easily gotten in a week. With the weekly wolf cred rewards, you can barely buy 1-2 items. With alerts, you could have gotten most of the offerings in the credits store in that one week, if you had the time. It's basically a bullsh*t gate that takes away stuff and doesn't give anything in return.
7. Yeah, good for you. I said alongside, which means nightwave stays, but alerts are here as well. You can either do nightwave or alerts. Or both. How is that a negative?
8. That sounds like a rip-off.

Its way too much because of the prices of the Orokin Potatoes, for DE to add wolf creds every rank DE would need to increase the price of the Orokin Potatoes or else people would be buying them like hot bread.

Tbh, I thinks its unnecessary, but if having some random alerts back places you at ease then I wouldn't complain.

Same has what I said above, 5 creds per DNA wen you get 3 ranks per week ( which is 15 creds x 3 in prestige ) seems fair, 1 Kavat per week.

Yeah, it's something to make you jump through hoops to replace a system that was one and done when it popped up. It's also not replacing alerts with things new players would often get from them like an orokin cel or whatever they needed. I'd make recommendations but I think they first need to come out and say what exactly night wave was meant to replace because I'm confused if it was meant to replace alerts, it doesn't look that way with how it is geared towards veteran players but sort of not considering the rewards but sort of is seeing the lack of resources offered and it goes back and forth.

28 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Are you actually complaining that you can get things for free that you used to have to spend plat on?

little spent of plat outside of deluxe skins and slots. on what are you using it?

It leads to the same place that alerts did, only in a slightly different way.

so same sh***t just different look?

You gain more wolf creds per level than before you hit rank 30...just sayin'.  But, what you're asking for would make it more of a grind.  If there were rewards that everyone wanted after 30, we'd all be grinding every challenge, every week to get those great rewards after rank 30.  That would be the opposite of what you seem to want.

dont want same grind thing in s2. "to do" for "to get resources stuff" and behind rank 30 "wtf now", wf should be a bit more than just grind. it also bit of story, which is btw where? I mean story vs grind content. balance?

It allows people to do missions at their own pace when it's convenient for them to do the missions.  I no longer have to hope to be online when that alert I've been waiting for actually comes on and I get a chance to do it.  I know many people that waited months or even years for warframe parts, weapons, and auras to be available at the times they were online and playing.  You want to go back to that?  Why?  How many alerts were you doing every day?

Additionally, were you forced to run the challenges?  Were you forced to rank up as quickly as possible?

It sounds like rng issues. I did what I have need for. now you are forced so to say in crude way. 

and from what are you posted answer seem to be yes. b4 you do mission and get stuff, now you are forced to do it and for specific ammount for how many weeks? just to get what you "want". so 1 very borring mission vs 15 weeks of work. best case 7 days of work or you wont have wolf credit, another currency beside plat, credit and res to get stuff. another "empty pocket" boredom mission vs new grind quantity currency for same stuff which is free in both cases btw.

however nitaint extract and patatoes  are nice change mostly for new players.

Edited by -HoB-AngelofRevenge

38 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

nope it is not true. I did not create this content and I take my time. only thing is on you blaming other ppl for "that's on you". nw should get more interaction with game, but not in more grind. I would preffer some small background story for wf, quests or fragments of main line story to fit into biger picture or so , (open for any suggestion) than "to do stuff" for "to get resources stuff" which lead you anywhere but grind that is slowly burning ppl out. 

If you are past tier 30, then you went faster/did way more than you needed to.  As of right now you could have easily skipped 6 more elites, 14 weekly and 14 dailies that you just didn't feel like doing. 

Many of us skipped a number of the challenges that we just didn't want to do, and still made it to rank 30 with weeks to spare. That's not "being forced" it's also not anything that requires burn out. 

If you burned yourself out rushing to complete it with weeks to spare, then the only person you have to blame is yourself. 

15 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

little spent of plat outside of deluxe skins and slots. on what are you using it?

This didn't answer the question.  Why is it bad for DE to give things that normally would cost plat.  You seem to be very hung up on this, yet you won't or can't articulate why.

16 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

so same sh***t just different look?

Except now I don't have to wait for that one alert I've been waiting for, only to find out it happened at 2am when I wasn't on, and now I'm left to wonder when the next one will be and whether I'll be online for that one or not.

17 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

dont want same grind thing in s2. "to do" for "to get resources stuff" and behind rank 30 "wtf now", wf should be a bit more than just grind. it also bit of story, which is btw where? I mean story vs grind content. balance?

Alerts didn't provide story either.  You're complaining that the replacement for alerts doesn't do stuff that alerts never did in the first place.  Seems like an unfair complaint.

18 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

It sounds like rng issues. I did what I have need for. now you are forced so to say in crude way.

Yes, RNG was an issue.  It is less of an issue now.

I have no idea what you're trying to say in your last 2 sentences there though.

18 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

b4 you do mission and get stuff, now you are forced to do it and for specific ammount for how many weeks?

I'm not forced to do anything, nor are you.  If doing missions to get rewards is forcing you, then you're asking for the game to just give you everything.  If you're upset that you may have to run a mission type that you don't like, well, guess what?  Alerts did the same thing.

19 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

so 1 very borring mission vs 15 weeks of work.

Sounds like you have an issue with WF in general.  You might get one mission to get the item you want, but who knows when.  And, which item is that?  Umbra forma?  Nope.  And, nothing in NW actually takes 15 weeks of work.  No one is forcing you to do the challenges.  No one is forcing you to do all the challenges every week.  In fact, DE set it up specifically so that you wouldn't have to complete all the challenges every week to get everything on offer.

I'm sorry, but you are simply ranting and incoherently.

• Like 2

Nightwave makes me login less and less - I am sure that I am not alone because it's no fun to play these 15 chore acts each week for 10 weeks to get around the same rewards as before.

DE should just bring back the quick alert system - that proved successful for 6 years in combination with the grindy nightwave system - that way players can choose for themselves what they want to play.

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

If you are past tier 30, then you went faster/did way more than you needed to.  As of right now you could have easily skipped 6 more elites, 14 weekly and 14 dailies that you just didn't feel like doing. 

Many of us skipped a number of the challenges that we just didn't want to do, and still made it to rank 30 with weeks to spare. That's not "being forced" it's also not anything that requires burn out. 

If you burned yourself out rushing to complete it with weeks to spare, then the only person you have to blame is yourself. 

again read more careful. content like nw is burning out ppl and I have already answered on "been forced" stuff. but yeah you can skip stuff. but it wont be empty pocket since you need to fill it up with wolf credits for stuff.

4 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

again read more careful. content like nw is burning out ppl and I have already answered on "been forced" stuff. but yeah you can skip stuff. but it wont be empty pocket since you need to fill it up with wolf credits for stuff.

I did. You may be using the wrong words to describe yourself because of a language issue, but I answered what you wrote. 

And how many of the people who are claiming to be burned out, completed the event several weeks in advance despite having a much more lenient schedule built into the system? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gabbynaru said:

I've already given my fair share of feedback on this trash. You wanna hear it again? Sure!

- Remove time gating
- Add more, repeatable ways to get rep
- Stop forcing us to waste our resources
- Stop forcing us to be "social" (aka find a rando who wants to play a mission with you that you can do solo just as easily)
- Stop getting in the way of us playing content we want to play
- Give wolf creds every rank
- Bring back alerts to work alongside trashwave
- Bring back kavat DNA alerts

None of that will happen, because DE is too lazy to fix their sh*t. So I'm just wasting my breath even repeatedly laying out these simple pieces of feedback. Nightwave is not rewarding, it is a waste of time compared to the old alerts. Oh yeah, sure, you can get Nitain easier... how about helmets, huh? How about auras? You know how that worked before? You did one, single mission, you got the thing? How does it work now? Do multiple missions you may or likely may not like in order to gain 3-4 ranks to get the wolf creds, to then get that one singular helmet or aura. Wonderfully rewarding, huh?

No, Nightwave wants me to play trash game modes that I avoid on purpose. If I would have not played all these trash game modes, I would probably be rank 5 still, cause that Spy "act" is uncommon, unrewarding and unrepeatable. So I'm forced to repeatedly play trash I do not like, just to get these oh-so-wonderful rewards that I don't give a crap about, that I could get in 5 minutes just by glancing at trade chat, just cause the important rewards are untradeable.

You know what doing stuff you don't like manages to do? It doesn't make you enjoy that stuff. No, it makes you hate the game. It causes burnout. Just like Cubic Clem, I had 3500+ hours in the game prior to nightwave, and didn't feel any serious burnout. In the first week after Nightwave came out, I was ready to give up on the game because of the burnout and frustration it generated. I'm still on verge of that, and the only reason I haven't is because of that faint hope that S2 will fix this sh*t.

100% this. anyone who thinks nightwave is a suitable replacement for alerts should be forced to give up their main account until they experience it in full on a brand new account. With the old alert system people could taxi their newbie friends, people they convinced to play Warframe. Now there's multiple elite weekly's that can be near if not physically impossible because they can't access said content even with a taxi, like profit taker with a friend or something like that. 

DE's finally comming back to change arbitration's and people still aren't happy. DE Conner said it's taken them 6 months. I wonder how long it'll be until nightwave is finally as good as people think it is. 

Spoiler

Never likely. 

Edited by Fire2box

5 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I did. You may be using the wrong words to describe yourself because of a language issue, but I answered what you wrote. 

And how many of the people who are claiming to be burned out, completed the event several weeks in advance despite having a much more lenient schedule built into the system? 

true about language. but you cant say how many is displeased since there are no vote on it so we can see% bar.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You think it's possible people are burnt out on it because of the asinine missions like 60 min long kuva survivals and that they wanted Umbra Forma ASAP? 

7 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

You think it's possible people are burnt out on it because of the asinine missions like 60 min long kuva survivals and that they wanted Umbra Forma ASAP? 

Nah not possible, people who are saying they're burnt out are just telling lies or being lazy.

/sarcasm.

3 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

Nope. 

Wanna know why? 

43k standing per week, of which we need an average of 30k to complete the 30 tiers. This means a grand total of 4, count them carefully - 4 elite missions over 10 weeks.

You could easily have skipped anywhere between 3 (2 elites and one weekly mission), and 9 (7 daily and 2 regular weeklies) every single week to complete in 10 weeks. 

We've known for a long time that DE doesn't count the first partial week, meaning that we needed to do a grand total of 0, count them carefully 0 elite missions. 

So.. The only issue is wanting it ASAP, which is a condition they put on themselves. Would you rather DE forced them to limit their grind so that they wouldn't be able to rush it instead? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

This didn't answer the question.  Why is it bad for DE to give things that normally would cost plat.  You seem to be very hung up on this, yet you won't or can't articulate why.

ask de how flow of plat works ingame and how are they earning $. except slots and deluxe on what you are using plat? beside most of it was free ingame b4 nw.

Except now I don't have to wait for that one alert I've been waiting for, only to find out it happened at 2am when I wasn't on, and now I'm left to wonder when the next one will be and whether I'll be online for that one or not.

agree on this on term of nitain extract, that was pain in a***

Alerts didn't provide story either.  You're complaining that the replacement for alerts doesn't do stuff that alerts never did in the first place.  Seems like an unfair complaint.

nw should be rework of alerts. instead of grind content why not something bit more dofferent? I did not say to remove offerings pool.

I'm not forced to do anything, nor are you.  If doing missions to get rewards is forcing you, then you're asking for the game to just give you everything.  If you're upset that you may have to run a mission type that you don't like, well, guess what?  Alerts did the same thing.

our wolf wallet disagrees on this. my empty pocket did not force me to grind new currency for same rewards.

Sounds like you have an issue with WF in general.  You might get one mission to get the item you want, but who knows when.  And, which item is that?  Umbra forma?  Nope.  And, nothing in NW actually takes 15 weeks of work.  No one is forcing you to do the challenges.  No one is forcing you to do all the challenges every week.  In fact, DE set it up specifically so that you wouldn't have to complete all the challenges every week to get everything on offer.

I'm sorry, but you are simply ranting and incoherently.

well I want improve in nw season 2, not just grind content but something more, interaction with game in bit different way not  just do this and that, grind this and that.

look it this way if you have 15w and work for some background story, mini quests in addition to wolf credit and offerings. you work for bit more about game than just grind for rewards. ultimately this was suggestion. 

Edited by -HoB-AngelofRevenge

2 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

So.. The only issue is wanting it ASAP, which is a condition they put on themselves. Would you rather DE forced them to limit their grind so that they wouldn't be able to rush it instead? 

I would rather players be able to earn what they want, when they want. I'm 100% in favor of removing all daily limits. 

Nightwave acts as a replacement for the old alert systems, and in addition to that offers 2 new unique mods and semi-decent rewards. Is it tedious? Yes, it is. However, it shines in the fact that you have 2 days for the dailies and 5 days for all of the weekly challenges. Meaning, that you can get the challenges done in the time span that best works for you. Furthermore, it makes it a lot easier to get Nitrain Extract and it comes in batches of 5!(when bought with wolf credits). As a result, no more 3 a.m alerts for nitrain extract or any other item/cosmetic. Those are the good things about Nightwave; the bad things are listed below.

Cons

1.Wolf Credits are not given out enough.
2. The 'challenges' are more boring than challenging.

3. Very little lore has been provided.

4. Spawn rates/ drop chances of items from the Wolf.

5. Nightwave is not very new player accessible- in regards to things like 'Profit Taker with a friend' or other Elite weeklies.

6.Furthermore, if you just started now you will not be able to get the tier 30 rewards.

Feel free to let me know if I missed anything!

• Like 1

I love nightwave it gives me something to do in between updates and it cause alot of my friends to hop back into warframe.

Alerts should never come back, they massively disrespectful player time with pure randomness of rewards and time they showed up. And for people who loved the alerts system over nightwave, i think they think lootboxes are greatest game mechanic in the world and think EA did nothing wrong with them

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

I would rather players be able to earn what they want, when they want. I'm 100% in favor of removing all daily limits. 

DE wants you to have a reason to regularly log in and play. That is one of the primary reasons for the standing caps. I don’t see this ever changing. 

3 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

ask de how flow of plat works ingame and how are they earning $. except slots and deluxe on what you are using plat? beside most of it was free ingame b4 nw.

So, this is out of an abundance of concern for DE's bottom-line?  You're just worried for their finances?  I think it's just you looking for things to rant about.

5 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

nw should be rework of alerts. instead of grind content why not something bit more dofferent? I did not say to remove offerings pool.

It is a rework of alerts.  You apparently don't like it for reasons that are still not clear to me except that you seem to think someone is holding a gun to your head forcing you to play a game.  I mean, it's not like DE intentionally made it so that you don't have to do every challenge...

6 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

our wolf wallet disagrees on this. my empty pocket did not force me to grind new currency for same rewards.

No one forced you to participate.  Also, the rewards are, in some cases, things that alerts never offered in the past. They are new.  Lastly, they traded some up-front work for a reduction of RNG.  You'd rather have the RNG?

7 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

well I want improve in nw season 2, not just grind content but something more, interaction with game in bit different way not  just do this and that, grind this and that.

OK.  Not sure what that has to do with alerts though.  Alerts didn't offer any of these things.  You're complaining because this new system does more than alerts, but it doesn't do everything you wanted, so you'd rather not have it do anything and go back to something that offered even less than what you're getting now.  Makes no sense.  What I think is happening is that you're suffering from FOMO and mad about it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)Double991 said:

Nightwave rewards heavily reduced the randomness of alerts. In return, the reward is no longer instant but is instead almost guaranteed through your own effort. I say almost because you may not have the wolf creds available for that week's rotation. Once you have the wolf creds, you pick what you want. They could definitely have more wolf creds available in the current system though.

Invasions and Gift of the Lotus alerts still exist.

Events and Tactical Alerts are far less forgiving than Nightwave.

I dont think they should reward more Creds because with the current system you have to decide what you want. You have to pick either Auras and nitain (only obtainable through nightwave) or cosmetics (also obtainable in market for pt).If they would just give out unlimited wolf creds they could also directly just give out those alternative helmets for free

35 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

Then you wish to pander to the people who are intentionally burning themselves out for no good reason? Then we'd have even more claims of "burnout" and being "forced to do chores" not fewer. 

Bad idea. 

• Like 1