Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR points for Forma'd equipments: cutting the grind somewhat

SamMitter

8 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

You know, I think the idea is great, and that every weapon should give half of the MR with the first leveling, and the second half of the MR with the first forma, forcing people to use at least one single forma on every weapon they mean to "master".

That'd still put my Mastery into the 2.5mil range, easily enough for MR35 or something.

@dwqrf

Oh, at the moment where you make forma-ing mandatory and Forma is acquired the fastest through, well, paying, you're putting a timegate in front of advancement, which can be hopped over with money. While I do like incentive to Forma things, and the secondary energy color is a good start down that road, this shan't be it. Incentives that are virtually, almost factually mandatory aren't incentives anymore, eh?

• Like 1

it would have to be a uselessly small value, which would make the addition of it... well, useless.
and by that i mean the first Polarity addition should be something like 1% or less of the Mastery Points of the initial Ranking.

Mastery might be just a total joke and not mean much of anything useful, but what it does atleast mean currently, is that people were presented with the opportunity to try many things. whether they actually tried them or learned anything along the way (probably didn't, seeing as how toxic the game is overall) aside, you know that they had the opportunity to do so.

il y a 6 minutes, taiiat a dit :

Mastery might be just a total joke and not mean much of anything useful, but what it does atleast mean currently, is that people were presented with the opportunity to try many things. whether they actually tried them or learned anything along the way (probably didn't)

Certainly didn't, seeing how people are just rushing MR on Hydron, and now ESO, and when they reach max MR they complain because they don't have mods, ressources, the game is dry, or that the drop chance are too low, on mission they never actively played during all that xp farm.

But let's all be honest : Mastery Rank is the easy part of the game.

8 hours ago, dwqrf said:

Certainly didn't

it does exactly as i say. increasing Mastery means giving yourself the opportunity to learn and experiment. if some haven't evolved enough on the evolutionary scale to have actually done so, that's their own fault.

Mr is what push you to try new content. If you were able to farm Mr points just by powerleveling with formas, people will eventually lose interest in progressing and trying something different. Talking by experience I eventually liked many things which apparently were not for me, after I tried them in order to get the MR.

The whole point of the game is to increase your collection.

11 hours ago, SamMitter said:

Start granting Mastery Points for forma'd frames and weapons, but for each successive forma, total MR point will be a percentage of first time. Like for Frames, 1st time rank up gives 6k MR points, after ranking up again (after 1 forma) it will be 50 % then 25 then 10.

In this way it is possible to reward players who want to make one weapon//frame powerful (Main build of the player, per se), while making sure that the MR points are not large enough to take care of the next rank requirements too. The percentage decrease can be brought down more, if possible.

What do you think?

I think it would really only function to raise the current MR point cap by 85%, and force everyone to throw a pile of forma at every weapon and warframe and pet to wring the maximum MR points out of it.  Some people were really upset at the Paracesis sword because you could (which for most people means "absolutely MUST") level it up five additional times, gaining another two max levels until it stops growing at level 40.  It was worth a pile of MR points, and tons of people were pretty vocal about how much they disliked it.  They didn't particularly like the sword, didn't plan to keep using it, and still had to sink a ton of resources.  Possibly to the point of spending actual money on forma if they just wanted to get done with it and not wait for almost a week to grind out the forma for free.

• Like 1

The idea is solid, the terminology flawed.  Additional forma should not provide additional MR but I would 100% be on board for forma 1 requiring 75% the XP to get that item back to rank 30, second forma 75% of that, third forma 75% of that again... 

putting 5-8 forma on something is just a slog - that would make it less tedious.  Its not like you need to motivate someone who is going to forma something 5+ times to keep playing the game  - obviously they will - why force them to do tedious crap?

That's going to make the grind worst. It may seem like a good idea for low levels to get higher MR faster but that would make everyone need to forma everything in the game so they can hold their epin up over everyone. It would also make no max for MR. People to with lots of time and money will forma like crazy and be up around MR90. If you formaed everything once you would be at 44ish.

This is something that make new players or short term goals easier to get but would hurt lots of things after the fact. Hell syndicate weapons would lose most of its value if people could buy a new one every 2 days. There is a lot of things tied to MR and their designed based on their progression would be thrown off.

No. The game is set to give a certain amount of MR XP. If you give it for formaing everything.... 8xEverything in the game is more MR than they will ever have MR levels for. So in order to do what you are asking, DE would have to remove a MINIMUM of 78% of every item in the game to compensate. NO! NEVER EVER!

Why not just shift the mastery point system so you get more mastery points from doing stuff like lasting longer in defense missions and completing content like sorties and less from standing in eso holding a mk 1 braton for 20 minutes or so watching YouTube while the Saryn runs around doing Saryn things?  

Just an idea. 

15 hours ago, SamMitter said:

.... But the forma's equipments does not grant you any MR points. ...

What do you think?

Wait.... What?  Wtf!

I'm new, and I've wasted 4 of my precious, super effing hard to earn and fabricate Forma on guns and frames to reset their level after max, so.... That... I,.... Could KEEP GETTING MR XP.... and you're now, seriously honestly telling me... THAT IVE EARNED NO EFFING MR XP AT ALL THE PAST 2 WEEKS???!!!!!

I hate you DE, I HATE YOU AND YOUR STUPID EFFING GRINDY NO-DOCUMENTATION AND SUCKY USELESS TIP BUBBLES GAME!!!

3 hours ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

The idea is solid, the terminology flawed.  Additional forma should not provide additional MR but I would 100% be on board for forma 1 requiring 75% the XP to get that item back to rank 30, second forma 75% of that, third forma 75% of that again... 

putting 5-8 forma on something is just a slog - that would make it less tedious.  Its not like you need to motivate someone who is going to forma something 5+ times to keep playing the game  - obviously they will - why force them to do tedious crap?

That is not a bad idea though.... a spin of mine, but i think better. in this way the MR point and rank gain remains same, grinding becomes less too.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Ghent96 said:

Wait.... What?  Wtf!

I'm new, and I've wasted 4 of my precious, super effing hard to earn and fabricate Forma on guns and frames to reset their level after max, so.... That... I,.... Could KEEP GETTING MR XP.... and you're now, seriously honestly telling me... THAT IVE EARNED NO EFFING MR XP AT ALL THE PAST 2 WEEKS???!!!!!

I hate you DE, I HATE YOU AND YOUR STUPID EFFING GRINDY NO-DOCUMENTATION AND SUCKY USELESS TIP BUBBLES GAME!!!

I am sorry, but it is better you found it out before its too late.

Also you do need to use forma on the weapons and frame you are planning to use most (your main or mains per se).

My current Mag build is 2 forma, primary dex sybaris is 4 forma, bronco prime is 2 forma.

One thing I would like to clarify to every one. I have since recanted my original idea after few discussion.

But still I would like to mention, as many of you are saying about attaining MR faster; I have no such intention while suggesting the idea. Honestly I do believe in warframe, MR is not so important other than getting new guns. your skill/abilities are not tied to it. So I am okay to take things slow.

Just that I want some form of reward or respite while re-ranking up after using Forma. AS it shows my love/mastery etc towards a particular equipment, rather than becoming jack of all.

That is why in original post I mentioned that only a little fraction of of original MR point to be given for the successive rank up. Like 6k for no forma, 3k/1k for one forma, 500 for 2forma, and nothing after 2nd one. In higher MR level it is not at all more than a pinch. 

But since the post I have come to think, it may not be a perfect idea, and may make things worse. Instead I think the idea put forward by @(XB1)Tucker D Dawg is more worthy. please take a look on his comment and lets discuss on that. 

Last of all, thanks to evry one to share their thoughts on the topic. On my hindsight, I have understood many flaws of my plan, and I am really glad for the discussion.

Idc about how long MR takes, I'm just pissed that DE did something so stupid and downright abusive to players as to basically take all the XP I've worked hard to earn, and shove it in a black hole. That's evil to do in purpose, and stupid to do on accident. There's no excuse for treating players like that.

I'm gonna say it, I'm going there and making the blasphemous comparison...

"Even Bungie in Destiny let's you earn XP and rewards for leveling up repeatedly after reaching max light level!!!!!" 😛

There is NO excuse for treating players like this, DE. None! It makes me want to quit until you get your crap together.