Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another 1-shot kill Boss

VanFanel1980mx

For the record, even a 9k HP inaros with tons of armor gets 1-shot by the one attack it always seems to do after cutscenes, and dies to the laser, it kills me on Nezha through Warding Halo or Iron Skin on Rhino, the only Warframe I've found that actually seems to live through it is Nyx with her Absorb up, but the mobility you lose makes it not worth it, I do the fight with Zephyr purely to move around the map easily, and it's not a problem at all, you just eat the occasional 1shot and move on with your life.

• Like 1

What the actual #*!%? This boss its so damn simple to fight, during the whole "ray thing" you just need to move or swap to operator and go void mode. I mean, you are only facing the ray parts using the operator, the rest of the fight the boss barely shot a single time.
I faced it with rhino the first time just to realize that I wasnt able to use iron skin so ended up fighting it with a rhino without health mods and it was damn easy to avoid taking damage at all...

On 2019-05-23 at 2:10 AM, (PS4)Final_Dragon01 said:

The fight is not hard.  Once you know what you are doing it's really easy.  However, it feels more like an obstacle course than a boss fight.  Part of the reason it feels that way is because you learn the mechanic or instant die.  It breaks the illusion of the fight.  It gets to the point where there are mini cut scenes mid fight and after you have to immediately go void mode or die because the boss was charging it's attack during the cut scene.  It would be a lot more fun if there was some actual back and forth.  Instead it's two powers each with insta-gib blowing chunks out of each other.

THIS is mostly what I am referring to, first time you may die, then you know you need to take cover but the boss has a tendency to charge attacks during the cutscene phases, if you don't have a tanky frame it is very likely you will get cheesed, let's not forget the obligatory dispel pulses from enemies, if you are doing solo you even risk getting ganked by spectralysts.

8 hours ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Also, I noticed you chose not to respond to this person's comment. Is it because it undermines your entire argument?

@VanFanel1980mx

Late response, because you still need a tanky frame as stated above or you may die during the phases you lose control over, not to mention another user also mentioned it, the laser's AoE is not quite clear, you can dodge when you have control most of the time, not even being able to take one hit by accident and wasting a revive or someone who tries to revive you is annoying, the boss or the minions have dispel so we get to the ugly part of exploiter again, abilities become irrelevant in a bad way because to add "challenge" to the boss fight they had to add tons of damage and ability denial.

6 hours ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

A boss that can't be cheesed by the tanks, and it's not considered a good thing?

We're space ninjas, do space ninja stuff.  I've seen enough pubs face tank stuff and die from their own lack of movement to know this probably isn't an issue with the boss.

Actually it can still be cheesed by tanks, that's the point, either you get enough to endure the lasers or the enemies when you get dispelled or you just die more often, I can solo the thing with Nezha most of the time, have been trying to see what other frames I can use in more creative ways but the results are usually the same, in the second phase you are more likely CC'd and ganked with the cutscene lasers hitting you a millisecond after you regain control, apparently you can also be forced out of operator mode by the dispel, not sure since I also could be re-entering my frame instinctively.

On 2019-05-23 at 5:48 AM, Autongnosis said:

And the extraction segment is amazing. Imo you should give it a shot. It's not hard by any measure, but it's fun. Considering we share the same stance on many issues I think you might enjoy it. 

Yea it was pretty cool. Went in blind, figured out the mechanics easy enough, like 9 min mission run but wasn't in any real danger.

I actually just ate lasers to see if they hurt the 2nd time. They didn't and Operator Dash can ignore most parkour needs.

I imagine any protest to this boss is just players who haven't figured out DE's formula for boss fights these days.

It's a cool mix of stuff but I'm hardly surprised it's mechanics ignore various effects. That's just Warframe now.

On 2019-05-23 at 7:05 AM, VanFanel1980mx said:

That's not the point, the boss is OK for the most part but instant kills like those keep limiting player's choice as usual, at least is not the Chroma meta.

I've managed to solo it with Zephyr and Ivara easily. Just don't hang around on the middle platform during the flying phase. Seriously, this is only limiting your choice if you're actually awful at the game. 

If they don't make it insta-kill non-tank frames then tank frames won't even notice the damage. The problem isn't going away until they fix scaling.

Il y a 3 heures, Xzorn a dit :

Yea it was pretty cool. Went in blind, figured out the mechanics easy enough, like 9 min mission run but wasn't in any real danger.

I actually just ate lasers to see if they hurt the 2nd time. They didn't and Operator Dash can ignore most parkour needs.

I imagine any protest to this boss is just players who haven't figured out DE's formula for boss fights these days.

It's a cool mix of stuff but I'm hardly surprised it's mechanics ignore various effects. That's just Warframe now.

Ye, tbh if the boss was a bit tougher, the lasers 1HKO and the mechanical bugs smoothed out this could be a nice boss fight. 

Actually there's one other thing, the boss dodges too little and moves too little when he's grounded and the grab attack is spammed too much imo.