Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove the "duplicate" mod restrictions on robotic weapons.

Braken

What I am referring to in the title is the fact that you can't equip mods on sentinel/moa weapons that are already equipped on weapons your frame is using.

This has been an issue for years, and is now even more so of one since the changes to exalted weapons/companions (you can have the same mods on both your main weapons and your exalted ones, and in Khora's case, the same mods on your animal companion and Venari, no need for duplicate mods for any of these).

Please, just remove this obsolete and contradictory restriction already...

Edited by Braken
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Braken said:

What I am referring to in the title is the fact that you can't equip mods on sentinel/moa weapons that are already equipped on weapons your frame is using.

This has been an issue for years, and is now even more so since the changes to exalted weapons/companions (you can have the same mods on both your main weapons and your exalted ones, and in Khora's case, the same mods on your animal companion and Venari, no need for duplicate mods for any of these).

Please, just remove this obsolete and contradictory restriction already...

Im surprised someone like you after all these years actually feels bothered with something like it as by now it would have been natural for you to automatically obtain a duplicate of a mod you wish to equip to your Sentinel's weapon in order to build them.

Personally i dont feel bothered with it as at least i am used to it by now and have already gotten duplicates of even Primed mods for my Sentinels to use and at this point it would be very unfair for those players who had to wait a certain time for Baro to show up with said mods to buy them and after that have the expense of using Fusion Core / Endo and Credits to rank them up to max.

3 minutes ago, Corvinna said:

I agree wholeheartedly. Its just a major annoyance to have to have two of every mod just so the robots can use them too.

Go back 5 years then to when you had to remove the mods from one frame to be able to equip on another as they couldnt share mods as they do these days. Imagine every time you wanted to play with a different frame having to unequip one to mod another?

1 minute ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Im surprised someone like you after all these years actually feels bothered with something like it as by now it would have been natural for you to automatically obtain a duplicate of a mod you wish to equip to your Sentinel's weapon in order to build them.

Personally i dont feel bothered with it as at least i am used to it by now and have already gotten duplicates of even Primed mods for my Sentinels to use and at this point it would be very unfair for those players who had to wait a certain time for Baro to show up with said mods to buy them and after that have the expense of using Fusion Core / Endo and Credits to rank them up to max.

Go back 5 years then to when you had to remove the mods from one frame to be able to equip on another as they couldnt share mods as they do these days. Imagine every time you wanted to play with a different frame having to unequip one to mod another?

I am well aware of how things use to be and that was changed for a reason. The same reason sentinel weapons should be changed. It doesn't affect me anymore, since I have duplicates of just about everything. Even then, I still feel it should be changed. 

• Like 4

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Corvinna:

I am well aware of how things use to be and that was changed for a reason. The same reason sentinel weapons should be changed. It doesn't affect me anymore, since I have duplicates of just about everything. Even then, I still feel it should be changed. 

Can only agree sicne double mods not help i notice since order of them seem of at times so even if you have to and sort them in loadouts, one loadout might tell you you have a mod equpied already desptie having used the second one, it just is confusing and not helps when you have alot of loadouts already simply.

Edited by Marine027
  • Like 1

honestly as is they don't do nearly enuf dmg to even warrant duplicate mod restrictions... if they actually did decent damage sure but as is? nope the only 1 wortha damn imo is that ice beam 1.. taxion? comes with cuz of the cold procs and it doesn't really need mods to perform that function

Edited by Divinehero

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad to see more people agreeing with this now. When I suggested this a few years ago, most just shrugged it off.

I really hope they make this change... Though I know one thread with few likes/upvotes will not get their attention.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-05-25 at 3:39 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

Just because you had to go through a poorly designed modding system doesn't mean everyone should have to. Warframe is a constantly changing and updating game. I think MOST players would enjoy the need for duplicate mods just because it's a quality of life change. Personally, I don't care at the moment because robotic weapons are trash, but if they ever got buffed then I would like for DE to remove the need to have duplicates. 

On 2019-05-25 at 10:39 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

I don't see how it will be unfair for the people who got duplicates of the primed mods can't you just sell it for Plat at that point?