Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are leechers in ESO and hydron actually that bad?

Argeoyn

10/10 discussion has devolved into a spat between who is actually a clown and who is not.

And I wonder why these threads always get locked. I got my answer now.

5 minutes ago, moostar95 said:

Honk honk!  

Great, now go tell every ungrateful and hypocritical saryn player that. 

Not my task in any way, shape, or form. And not once have I had that happen against me. So I wont go around just berating saryn mains.

1 minute ago, Datam4ss said:

10/10 discussion has devolved into a spat between who is actually a clown and who is not.

And I wonder why these threads always get locked. I got my answer now.

Aww. But did not start with the insult...

I'll stop feeding the troll though.

And to that guy. Am I assuming you are a troll. Yes. Yes I am.

Leeches are only bad when a group struggles. Else I don't care, on the contrary.

Let's not forget that the number of players, leeches or not, determine the number of enemies, loot and credits you get out of a mission.

• Like 1

Just now, moostar95 said:

But the last I check, a buff is always useful. 

To be fair to Saryn, buffing her damage is actually a net negative on ESO because this means her spore may end up doing too much damage and map wiping. This then leads to her having to recast spore and start the ramp up again. It's why Noxes are actually really welcome if you play Saryn a lot - they tank her spore quite well and provide a good nexus to ramp the spore damage up when no other enemies are around. It's essentially trading long term potential damage for short term immediate damage. It's the same reason why sometimes, it is better to pop spore using a gun buffed by her 3 than to press 4 (which effectively doubles Spore Damage for the viral duration).

Also, I sure as hell don't want Wisp's haste mote when I am using a Grakata either. I don't want Kirill Tereshin's Shield Charge when I am using a frame that is fueling its energy using the rage mod. I may not even want a debuff cleanse when I run Adaptation. The usefulness of a buff is dependent on your gear and weaponry.

4 minutes ago, moostar95 said:

Yea, I'll stop as well and get back on topic: 

As a support main player, it's quite baffles me to see why saryn players hate buffs but yet not give anyone the time of day to at least kill anything. I get it that I HATE eso and that it's not for me. But the last I check, a buff is always useful. Don't go and insult your support players as being leeches. Ugh, never have I seen a game mode encourage people to become so anti cooperative. Just many parts of the game, sadly. Just makes me bitter.

however this thread is mostly about LEECHERS in ESO/hydron. not really the affects of buff frames.

and in my posts specifically i was talking about optimal killing methods for these maps. which does not really need a buffer because.

1. we dont need mass amounts of energy for eso because we have a Cooldown period so trin is essentially dead weight.

1.5 in hydron most people with an intention of nuking can do it with no effort, again a buff frame is pretty much dead weight in this regard. 

when i say buff frame i mean, someone who just comes in buffs and does nothing else.

2. we have CP which takes armor off making enemies a lot more susceptible to volt/saryn/ any nuke. 

3. because the frames are already nuking enemies and lets be real we dont go past wave 8. the buffs are just overkilling them. its more ideal to have an other attacker killing off what the attacker did not reach because as i said with my previous post " even with a saryn i can still get 80% of the kills a saryn got" something like that.

as in if she got like 3k kills, i would still have like 2.4-2.6k kills which is alot better than saryn with 3k kills and the other 3 "buffers" with 0.

this is basically what i was getting at. i was in no way attacking buffers. they have their uses. but in this specific case. not so much 

but thats just an opinion.

As a frost i'm more often on hydron than sanctuary.

Know when i've lvl 0 stuff everywhere i still "play" so i act , i don't leech , cuz i find that unfair.
if i'm the DD i'm still ok if some people only use few weak skill and resurect fallen ally , but when they are like afk i've often remove my bubble and let some mob to come to them (99% of time they move again ^^).

TBH i found we have less leechers in hydron than ESO because like Hydron is a defence and eveyone is stacked in the middle , they are like "forced" to play cuz we can see them, and in ESO it's often a big map and it's easy for them to hide somewhere for wait.

Side note : the inactivity debuff is broken and need a rework , even if you deal 80% of damage in the squad but didnt move in a +5m radius for 2minute it count you as inactive...

IMO its fine when people need to afk for a reason (and if they take too long the system will actually suspend their reward) I've had people who really need to go to the bathroom in the middle of an arbitration, and its like, ok, you'll probably die but its a choice of ending the mission or dealing with one person down for 5 minutes. It's the people that have anti afk macros and stuff that really annoy me, you've dedicated some amount of time to deliberately subvert the system so you can afk through bounties or people doing 3 cache sabotages (Marduk is where I've seen the most, only seen one or two on hydron and none in ESO)

• Like 1

Just now, moostar95 said:

Yea, the. REEE queen is quite unfriendly to team up with at times. Oh how I wish DE thought though their frame design. Oh well, back to playing hildryn for fun and to now spite you. (You hate for her is so unreal, it's funny to me.)

Hey, look, I don't actually care if you as an individual play Hildryn or not. Like how I don't care if Kirill is injecting more Synthol in his arms (but will laugh at it all the same). I mean, sure, go ahead, play her. Nobody's stopping you after all. The truth is that there is a lot of anti synergy in Warframe, if you were not already paying attention. It does remain that sometimes, buffs are not just unnecessary, they can end up being plainly detrimental to certain playstyles (not just Saryn mind you). Trying to argue against that is like saying the sun is a black hole or the Earth is flat.

I mean, I am not spiting you with my Saryn playing or my hate for Hildryn. Come on man, I am free to hate what I want to hate. Your hate for Saryn is no more or less humorous than my hate for Hildryn, please. Except that I am open about it, that's all.

Speaking of Leeching.... I was accused of leeching  by a bunch of MR 20+  Players in an Axi Survival Fissure because u only killed 16 Enemies in 8 Minutes....

During one of his videos iFlynn said that The Warframe is very quick to Slap a Label on you.... im guessing this is what he meant. 

Somebody loads in using Loki and people automatically assume he's a leech....

Sigh....

I don't wana deal with this S#&$ anymore....

I have sort of leeched before, ESO is amazing to level up crap so I just go there and if there is saryn I will level it in 2 rounds or 3, I don't have saryn (I'm trying to get Saryn Prime with my relics), but in that case, the saryn would be killing everything anyway so I don't think that is particularly harmful.

Bounty and Index Leechers though, are the spawn of satan and they should feel bad.

Also I have been building a lot of S#&$ so it means I'm kinda low on some resources (plastids and oxium) And when the infested catalyst needs plastids I'm not gonna spend them when I know for a fact that I'm going to end having to use 4 phylaxis and catalysts cause everyone else is way too good to use the resources to build them.

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Speaking of Leeching.... I was accused of leeching  by a bunch of MR 20+  Players in an Axi Survival Fissure because u only killed 16 Enemies in 8 Minutes....

During one of his videos iFlynn said that The Warframe is very quick to Slap a Label on you.... im guessing this is what he meant. 

Sigh....

I actually find that quite funny, because on most missions I'm the Loki that loads in with my precious Guandao and ends up with 50%+ of damage/kills, no matter the frames. Even on most regular Sanctuary Onslaught runs, at least a few months ago when I actually used it. Or the Rhino that pubs sortie spies and ends up carrying the Loki's (Ivara's too but that's a true rarity to happen) who assume I'll jinx it.

Though lately I must say sortie spies have been quite nice and I haven't really carried anyone for a while since everyone pulls their weight no matter the frame, just like me. Maybe they make an oopsie and I have to deploy a Liset charge, but they end up getting the vault hacked anyway. Could be luck, could be something else, but I don't notice it all that much anymore.

Pretty laughable tbh.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

depends on your definition of Leecher

- a person whos too low level for the mission and genuinely cant help out and therefore gets very little kills 

- a person whos fully capable to help but for whatever reason doesnt

im fine with no.1 but no.2 is just a nuisance to everyone

6 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Sigh....

How is it possible to kill that little in a survival mission over 8 minutes if you arent leeching? That is 2 enemies per minute. Yeah I'd say that is falling under the leech label.

On 2019-06-18 at 3:51 PM, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Oh, but that's exactly why I go. To level stuff up using the killer frames. And I do it because of myself, not because I care for them. If the Saryn needs help or not I don't really know since I pub it. But then the begged question is, why take a room killer frame if you are levelling weapons? If I want to level weapons on my own I'd take a damage enhancer like Chroma or Mirage, so that my weapons were more effective, and avoid using my frame at all. Room killers, afaik, go for focus. And that said, they surely want as many kills as possible, as fast as possible.

This.
Finally someone who truly understands.

People need to calm down and stop being ultra mad when their teammates can't give significant contributions to the squad, especially when they use nicely built saryns that can wipe out the room in no time. Thus, giving them no chance to "do something".

• Like 1

Цитата

With these mechanics isn't it actually better if you get all the kills (while farming with leechers)

Its not just "bettter" this is the sole reason why people with dps frames play public, and in fact in a way, they also leech. Not only they use remaining 3 as bodies for better spawn (because a single player is more than capable of soloing eso and so) but also as revival stations and energy supplies in a form of focus or warframe abilities that get energy.

And the only people that complain is another kind of leeches that ALSo need you as a body for even better spawn, revival station but also as kind of dps because they just loath dps frames so they play something else but cant keep up with so/eso reqs for kill count to continue alone.

Whole topic about leeching is just la-mao. Everyone uses everyone. Stop pretending yall dont.

8 hours ago, Airwolfen said:

Yet you are defending those who don't. Want to go on? For a clown, look in the mirror, with how great you are at twisting words you should try balloon animals.

As a focus farming saryn in ESO you should basically be good enough to clear rooms and maintain 100% even without any support. Why so toxic about it? Does it decrease your plat if someone can't help enough?

Leeching really isn't an easy classification especially on ESO and Hydron, where as it's much easier to spot in places like PoE and Orb Valis. 

A lot of ESO and Hydron is composition dependent, EG did you have an area clearing frame taking the lions share of the kills? Then you clearly can't look at the End of Mission breakdown and say X is a leecher because their overall damage/kills where low. Problem is a lot of people just look at the EoM breakdown and start screeching LEEEEEEEEEEEEECH. 

Then there are just the plain strait up idiots, I once had someone try to call me a leech on a sortie because the boss (Ruk) downed me right before I finished him off. The group then preceded to leave me to bleed out in a completely empty room. After which a convergence orb spawned so you bet I spite farmed that until they forced extraction. Amusingly enough for having barely more kills than anyone else in the group I was something like 70%+ of our damage. Geee I wonder who basically soloed Ruk vs someone who was cranky because they didn't get to instantly extract because they couldn't be bothered to take 3 seconds to pick me up off the floor of an empty boss room when they where all within 1meter of me before they all jetted for extraction. Totally not bitter btw lol. 

Then you have specific mission types like Spy where I truly pride myself on getting zeros across the board, so there are whole mission types just aren't applicable. 

But then you have the "Open World" zones where it can be cripplingly painfully obvious that someone is just running tiny circles right infront of the gate to dodge the inactivity timer while everyone else is actually at the objective. Or they are off at one of the many fishing/mining spots conspicuously barely moving and over 1k+ meters from the actual objective. I definitely think DE could do some tweaking to deny those hard leeches their undue rewards. Tho it wouldn't be a simple fix and it would have to be carefully crafted lest it false positive on someone who is simply slow at getting to the objective. Hell I know my Portal Nova can get to objectives faster than the game can cull/spawn enemies at the new location and depending on the mission type and how familiar I am with the area, I can be done before anyone could hope to close the distance. Which is by no means their fault because they where trying and I'd hate for people who where actually trying to contribute to get lumped in with the filth at the gate. 

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

How is it possible to kill that little in a survival mission over 8 minutes if you arent leeching? That is 2 enemies per minute. Yeah I'd say that is falling under the leech label

You do know Kill Stealing and Nuking is a thing right ? 

Its not my fault the game matched me with a squad that was doing just fine without me....

Naturally I left the first chance I got and restarted with a Squad as equiped as I was and the numbers evened out.....

Sorry but if you run around With a plague zaw Meme Striking Everything then you calling any one a leech is just a $&*^ move....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

You do know Kill Stealing and Nuking is a thing right ? 

Its not my fault the game matched me with a squad that was doing just fine without me....

Naturally I left the first chance I got and restarted with a Squad as equiped as I was and the numbers evened out.....

Sorry but if you run around With a plague zaw Meme Striking Everything then you calling any one a leech is just a $&*^ move....

I've never had those issues, not even when I go full melee on a frame with no nukes and no meme striking. I barely ever even use my kripath that has a meme riven in it, I far prefer my regular Cyath hybrid without cheese. My krip only sees use on my Frost Prime atm since it syncs so well with his avalanche build, and it looks like a giant ice spike.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

I've never had those issues, not even when I go full melee on a frame with no nukes and no meme striking. I barely ever even use my kripath that has a meme riven in it, I far prefer my regular Cyath hybrid without cheese. My krip only sees use on my Frost Prime atm since it syncs so well with his avalanche build, and it looks like a giant ice spike.

LoL.... are you seriously trying to down play your Zaw ? 

Yeah.... I smell stealth elitism.... 

6 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

LoL.... are you seriously trying to down play your Zaw ? 

Yeah.... I smell stealth elitism.... 

I did just as fine with my Tonbo for a long long time before even bothering with Zaws.

And I thought your gripe was with plague zaw meme spammers. Look how suddenly the goal posts change places!

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

I did just as fine with my Tonbo for a long long time before even bothering with Zaws

Who was in your team ? 

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

And I thought your gripe was with plague zaw meme spammers. Look how suddenly the goal posts change places!

You thought wrong....

4 hours ago, InfernoSquid said:

depends on your definition of Leecher

- a person whos too low level for the mission and genuinely cant help out and therefore gets very little kills 

- a person whos fully capable to help but for whatever reason doesnt

im fine with no.1 but no.2 is just a nuisance to everyone

I think number one should use better judgement and play lower levels and contribute themselves. 

8 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Who was in your team ? 

You thought wrong....

Lots of people, everything from AoE nukers to tanks. I had no issues relying fully on a Tonbo back then as the main weapon on frames with little to no damage skills while also staying competative with my groups.

And what am I to think when you specify plague zaw meme striking?