Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unable to receive 3 Riven Mod slots from login reward

ntyd1s

So I had already obtained all available riven slots quota of 90 (all in use) and today I have just received 3 riven mod slots and 3 rifle riven mods as login reward but only got the mods which is now at 93/90 in my inventory without the additional slots. Will I get any compensation for the unobtainable +3 riven mod slots?

1 minute ago, ntyd1s said:

WOW. Only helpful comments so far... I guess I deserve buyer's remorse huh.

Well, you get no compensation. You can get rid of three rivens or never do Sorties again (and deal with the silly spam message). It’s your choice really. That is as helpful as anyone can be, if you want an honest answer.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, vomder said:

How is one to know that they will be getting 3 riven slots as a login reward? This setup seems a bit flawed. Punishing players for spending money is terrible design.

You can check what your next milestone is when you receive your daily login and plan accordingly.

Its not so much a player being punished as them making the choice to do x (in this case buying their way to max riven slots) when y was an option.

On 2019-06-30 at 5:12 AM, ntyd1s said:

So I had already obtained all available riven slots quota of 90 (all in use) and today I have just received 3 riven mod slots and 3 rifle riven mods as login reward but only got the mods which is now at 93/90 in my inventory without the additional slots. Will I get any compensation for the unobtainable +3 riven mod slots?

Fun Fact

Before the Login Rewards System Rework

some Lucky players received not only the 3 rivens but also 3 permanent slots Beyond the normal 90 Slot Limit; due to an oversight in how the reward was scripted.

DE considers that a glitch; but did not remove the 3 accidental slots from those lucky players. Current players don't get the slots if at 90 now.

9 hours ago, (XB1)Ubern00ber88 said:

You can check what your next milestone is when you receive your daily login and plan accordingly.

Its not so much a player being punished as them making the choice to do x (in this case buying their way to max riven slots) when y was an option.

I must be missing something, how do you check what your next milestone is on login?

14 hours ago, vomder said:

I must be missing something, how do you check what your next milestone is on login?

fkF1t2M.jpg

Sorry for the crude edit. Just found a picture on google and did this with my phone. The bar I highlighted below milestone can be moved to show the next milestone reward. I dont know how to do so on pc personally but on console I d-pad up twice to highlight it and press right.

Okay, I know that a lot of people have been very harsh, but unfortunately in their own way they've been right.

The Login rewards, the Daily Tribute, is just free stuff for signing in, it's a give-away. If you have already bought or just own that thing, that's not exactly the give-away's fault.

If you want a real world equivalent it's like someone offering you food when you're already full. You can't make yourself not be full, you already bought food and ate it. So as generous as your friend is being, you can't take the food they're offering. That person does not owe you anything because you had to turn the offer down, they don't have to save that and give it to you later for when you're not full, or... heck, to extend the metaphor too far, they don't have to make your stomach larger to take the new food, that's not how it works.

DE have, unfortunately, put a cap on the number of Rivens you can own, because of that you have literally filled yourself to capacity and you cannot take more. But then again, the things you were offered were free, no strings attached, and so you not being able to accept the Rivens does not mean that DE has to now compensate your for losing something that you already had.

Most specifically, I don't see how this is some form of 'punishment' for spending money. The whole point of money in Warframe is to skip the time aspect of the game, where you skip the time it takes to grind something, or skip the time it takes to build something, you can even use money to shorten what grind is left by doubling in-game things you attain or making rare resources more likely to appear. You spending money skipped the time it would have taken to attain those three slots, and I'm not saying you did, but you could have spent money to attain at least three of those Rivens too. It is not the game's fault that it still offers you those three slots and three Rivens, it has to offer everyone those three slots and three Rivens at that same time interval. Would you take this so far as to say that the game shouldn't offer slots or Rivens just in case somebody has actually bought all of them up to the limit? I don't think you would, I think you would recognise that just because you have an advantage you shouldn't deliberately disadvantage others. So the game is being fair, offering something equally to all people, and just because you already have the maximum amount of that thing doesn't make it unfair to you.

You were offered it, you could not accept it, that's unfortunately the end of it. There will be no 'compensation' because you are not 'owed' anything by this.