Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Friend's account got ban

Sincrostar

Hi there fellas,

My friend has a little problem and I would want to know if you could help me. So, about a week+ ago, we decided to play Warframe again, as we had'nt played for about 5 months. We both created our account about 3 years ago, and have been grinding since. When he tried to log in, a message appeared saying he was suspended until jan 1, 2035. We both did nothing that could get us banned and we always played together. My account on the other hand is not suspended and I can perfectly play whenever I want. The thing is, when he logged in to his account on the Warframe site, he could not access the forums and had only 25 plat in his account. He used to trade all the time and by the time we stopped playing he had about 600 plats. This cauhght his attention and he wondered if could've been hacked, so he decided to contact the Warframe Support. More than a week has peassed and there is still no response, only a automatic message saying he should try to look for a way to solve his problem in the forums (as I said before, he is banned from the forums too, so there is virtually nothing he can do. This is getting him worried because it is a game in which he spent some money and has grinded quite a bit, and there is no way he could ever start all over again in a new account.

I wanted to know if you guys have any ideas of why the suspension occured and if it is normal for the support to take so much time to respond. He also said that two years ago he sent a support ticket and they answered in about 24 hours, which makes this amount of time look like a joke. Sorry for the bad english and thank you for everything.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

A lot of words for not our problem.

And your friends fingers broke? They can Google.

If anyone is at fault here, it's DE for putting 'look at the forums' in the automated reply to support tickets, not the person who followed their bad advice.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sincrostar said:

I wanted to know if you guys have any ideas of why the suspension occured and if it is normal for the support to take so much time to respond.

1-2 weeks is the standard right now, due to the increased number of tickets coming in.

I'm sure DE could do something to improve that, but it is what it is.

3 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

A lot of words for not our problem.

And your friends fingers broke? They can Google.

Wow, so edgy. Thanks for your input.

Sincrostar, only Support can help your friend, and they'll probably need to investigate it far longer than most other cases. Stay on top of it, send reminders (not too often), and hope for the best.

And definitely be prepared that DE's answer might not be what you want to hear... Best of luck!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sincrostar said:

My friend has a little problem and I would want to know if you could help me

Absolutely nothing. This is your friends problem, not yours. Your friend can message Support, and then he can wait for the reply. He could look at the FAQ and find out DE states a 2 week reply time.

18 minutes ago, Sincrostar said:

He also said that two years ago he sent a support ticket and they answered in about 24 hours, which makes this amount of time look like a joke

This is irrelevant. DE says wait two weeks now. Tell your friend to stop being so impatient. And to read the information DE supplied.

1 minute ago, (XB1)T0PP HATT said:

If "your" friend is the one that got banned, why are you the one on the forums complaining about it? And DE doesn't just ban players for no reason, odds are "your" friend done something he wasn't suppose to........just saying... 

Since he apologised for his English, it's clearly their second language, so I assume maybe his friend doesn't speak it well enough to explain the issue?

27 minutes ago, Sincrostar said:

Hi there fellas,

My friend has a little problem and I would want to know if you could help me. So, about a week+ ago, we decided to play Warframe again, as we had'nt played for about 5 months. We both created our account about 3 years ago, and have been grinding since. When he tried to log in, a message appeared saying he was suspended until jan 1, 2035. We both did nothing that could get us banned and we always played together. My account on the other hand is not suspended and I can perfectly play whenever I want. The thing is, when he logged in to his account on the Warframe site, he could not access the forums and had only 25 plat in his account. He used to trade all the time and by the time we stopped playing he had about 600 plats. This cauhght his attention and he wondered if could've been hacked, so he decided to contact the Warframe Support. More than a week has peassed and there is still no response, only a automatic message saying he should try to look for a way to solve his problem in the forums (as I said before, he is banned from the forums too, so there is virtually nothing he can do. This is getting him worried because it is a game in which he spent some money and has grinded quite a bit, and there is no way he could ever start all over again in a new account.

I wanted to know if you guys have any ideas of why the suspension occured and if it is normal for the support to take so much time to respond. He also said that two years ago he sent a support ticket and they answered in about 24 hours, which makes this amount of time look like a joke. Sorry for the bad english and thank you for everything.

Nice try about the "hacked account". :laugh:

Sounds like your friend was knowingly, or unwittingly involved in a trade with some illegal plat, therefore got banned (and the plat taken away).

We can't help you or your friend and discussing bans is forbidden...so this thread will likely get locked by the mods soon. Only way to resolve this is by contacting support...and they can take a few weeks to respond as they have to deal with a large volume of tickets.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

9 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Absolutely nothing. This is your friends problem, not yours. Your friend can message Support, and then he can wait for the reply. He could look at the FAQ and find out DE states a 2 week reply time.

This is irrelevant. DE says wait two weeks now. Tell your friend to stop being so impatient. And to read the information DE supplied.

Not that you are wrong, but a bit of empathy usually helps.

What would you do if you were the one getting banned like this, assuming of course you did nothing wrong? I bet two weeks just waiting for a reply would make you impatient too .. 

Edited by Vit0Corleone
  • Like 1

Dont you have a pair of eyes you can read with? Maybe you are just an illiterate? As i said, he's suspendes from the forums. Do you think I would send this if he could send or read the forum? we tried, read a lot, and we didn't find any solution. It's been almost two weeks and the only response he got was an automatic message. They sent that message 4 times. Stop beeing a dumbass. If you dont want to help other people just ignore the post. It's not that difficult.

Thanks to all of you who actually helped us or tried to!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Are you able to read? he wrote he got banned from the forum too.

How does being banned from the forum affect his ability to contact support...or in this case use Google?

Also, as a few people have commented, nobody here can help them...and discussion of bans on the forums is forbidden.

• Like 2

Apparently many people had their accounts banned because they sold something to people using illegal plat.

Asking for an opinion is not a crime but honestly writing about bans without writing the reason is pretty useless,  I think in every ban is written what caused the ban itself.

The most frequent causes for a ban are generally using multiple accounts to trade between, using illegal plats, or threatening of death someone multiple times...

Edited by bibmobello

5 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

How does being banned from the forum affect his ability to contact support...or in this case use Google?

Also, as a few people have commented, nobody here can help them...and discussion of bans on the forums is forbidden.

If you are banned from the Forums, this has been often shown to block you from making tickets or at least be banned at the same time. In this case however, the opening post says they did contact support who told them to look for answers here on the forum, which they are banned from. That usually though means that some communication infraction has occurred or special notice I would figure. If the ban is a result of chat related activities, then support will refuse to discuss the ticket until the ban, temporary or otherwise is over; and then close the ticket automatically, but considering again the response telling the user to come to the forums, that is again not likely the issue unless the support responder has a sick sense of humor - an auto message in this case.

@Sincrostar I would say the best case would be to private message on of the Community Managers if they could look into the situation and convey the general gist of what has happened if not on the forum, due to forum banning, then through email which should be easy enough. While the Community team can not likely talk about the exact details, they are able to look at tickets and should be able to give an idea of the situation if they desire.

7 hours ago, Sincrostar said:

Do you think I would send this if he could send or read the forum?

It’s fairly simple. Most people create a new account and ask. Because they have all the details.

7 hours ago, Sincrostar said:

Stop beeing a dumbass. If you dont want to help other people just ignore the post. It's not that difficult.

Again, no one here can help. I am not sure what part of that you don’t understand. Besides, I did state what you do: message Support and wait for the reply. Which takes two weeks. I am not going to lie to make you think I am helping you.

7 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Not that you are wrong, but a bit of empathy usually helps.

Empathy is overrated. Judging by the OP’s post, it would be my friend getting banned, not me anyway. And I would tell them to contact Support and wait. I certainly wouldn’t post about it in the Forums.

• Like 2

It's normal

Compromised accounts take time to investigate, support need to determine if the mistake was his or if he sold the account (reclaiming a sold account is common in the black market btw), if he's inocent then it takes time to undo trades and damage.

If he had 2FA activated, account is permabanned with no chances to appeal.

Yoru friend needs to wait, no one can help, it can be a mistake, an automatic ban that was done in error or he was banned fair and square, we don't know and neither do you OP

Edited by KIREEK
  • Like 1

Posting on the forums will not get them unbanned. The forums are unable to assist with this.

They need to wait for support to reply to their ticket, there might be some extra delay because it’s right before Tennocon.