Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Skins for Kitguns?

RuuQoRiss

It would be really cool to be able to attach Deluxe Skins or other Pistol Skins to the Kitguns. My Kitgun is my favorite secondary, but it just doesn't really match Mesa Prime. I am addicted to Fashionframe and I really want to have all the weapons schown on my Mesa, but the basic Kitguns don't look good imo.

The modular system is basically a hacked up version of the skinning system. To add over all that a cosmetic skin. It's not really built with that in mind. So, apparently, its going to take extra effort to get it to run right. Which they have had no time for.

Would be nice if that's a extra thing they have been working on for melee 3.0, as the zaw system is the kitgun system. but I won't hold my breath.

26 minutes ago, RuuQoRiss said:

It would be really cool

if people would start using the search bar or google

Dear Tenno,

We are sorry that we have not been able to add skins to the Zaws - and we won't be able to anytime soon. This issue is... surprisingly complicated, so let's walk through it so we're all on the same page.

The system for re-working skins for Zaws is much more complicated than it might appear. The functionality of the Zaws is deeply connected to the Mesh of the weapon. The Mesh determines how the Zaws function, and to change the skin of the weapon would mean changing the functionality of each individual piece for the Zaw. Zaw's and Exodia both require the base assets, looking at the way Balance meshes and projectiles work means that changing the meshes would totally change the performance of the weapon in-game.

We are not saying this will not happen, but it would be a massive undertaking on our end to change the cosmetics when we’re devoted to making other changes at the moment. We’re just saying it's not going to happen anytime soon.  

Thanks Tenno!

Basically the same. Stats are bound to the mesh. And before you are going to say this: Yes they did the same nonsense on Kitguns instead of change it before releasing them

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Kitguns all look like cardinal sin.

DE keeps giving excuses on why no skins though.

No, they gave one explanation which hasn't changed.

They're pretty straightforward about how it's just not a priority for them right now.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)poloslash18 said:

Or maybe they could just update how they look... Kitguns at least.

I get that zaws are weapons made by a technologically inferior city. Kitguns not so much, no need to look like hair blowers.

It's not like the people of Fortuna are much better off themselves, they're practically made out of the same parts as the kitguns.

I agree zaws and kitguns are ugly and we should be able to use skins.

And i am partly afraid the moduler archwings will have the same issue.

Sadly based off of deing telling us the code is written in a way that prevents skin swapping.  I am not holding my breath.

Swapping models will literally break the gears code and make them unusable.  Why was the code setup in this way? Is what i want to know?  It doesn't make alot of sense.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

I agree zaws and kitguns are ugly and we should be able to use skins.

And i am partly afraid the moduler archwings will have the same issue.

Sadly based off of deing telling us the code is writtwn in a way that prevents skin swapping.  I am not holding my breath.

Swapping models will literally break the gears code and make them unusable.  Why was the code setup in this way? Is what i want to know?  It doesn't make alot of sense.

Because some devs got lazy and didn't code the skin to refer to the part but probably did it the other way around.

In fact, for Zaws, the argument is that the hitbox will be affected as it is tied to the mesh. As kitguns do not have a hitbox tied to the mesh, I don't see why they can't add skins for kitguns.

You aren't using the kitgun to hit a person...

1 hour ago, Datam4ss said:

Because some devs got lazy and didn't code the skin to refer to the part but probably did it the other way around.

In fact, for Zaws, the argument is that the hitbox will be affected as it is tied to the mesh. As kitguns do not have a hitbox tied to the mesh, I don't see why they can't add skins for kitguns.

You aren't using the kitgun to hit a person...

I guess.  I would have thought the zaws code should've been nearly identical to the other melee weapons code.  To allow skin swaps.  Or a formula setup to determine things like hitboxes.

Coding into the mesh seems like an awful idea.

You are correct that the kitguns shouldn't have the same issue.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

They just needs to copy the Fallout4 weapon making system.  Basically just parts with different look and each part in own has multiple stats. The planet explorers also have an own weapon designing system which calculate the stats by the used amount of material what used on the weapons 

In warframe they could just adopt the skin creating option but keep the part stats.  They can separate the look and the stats but this is not the priority at the moment. 

I think it is doable but needs more time and effort.  Also need more parts which increase the variety.

4 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

They're using the same system, if you fix one you'd fix the other.

no idea what you are talkin about. respond to the wrong person? fix what? i just want weapon skins. i would not assume kitguns and zaws would have the same skins.

30 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

no idea what you are talkin about. respond to the wrong person? fix what? i just want weapon skins. i would not assume kitguns and zaws would have the same skins.

My point was that it isn't a "Zaws v.s. Kitguns" issue. If they fix the issue, then the issue is just fixed for both of them.

Edited by rapt0rman