Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Future new "runner"

Vintergata

If the runner can run over water, can volts for example in the amplification of 2.5 x or higher to run over water? Do you have any information on that? I just think it would be more logical to add this possibility. Well, actually if volts will give the acceleration of others, then others can too. Else if buff speed minimum they'll just go under the water.

Volt has his universal team buff. 

I could see the runner frames speed being solo, or having a constrained drift boost to others. That if others followed it, they would be faster.

You can leap over most water at volt speed anyway... And electricity and all with water...

28 minutes ago, FieryPriest228 said:

If the runner can run over water, can volts for example in the amplification of 2.5 x or higher to run over water? Do you have any information on that? I just think it would be more logical to add this possibility. Well, actually if volts will give the acceleration of others, then others can too. Else if buff speed minimum they'll just go under the water.

Speed does mean ability to run on water as you have to take into account others factors such as the mass of the object in question. Some animals can actually run on water even though they are not even remotely capable of matching an adequate speed thanks to weight distribution and exploting the surface tension of the water.

invertebrate_water-strider_600x300.ashx

a700c5337b87e3124a7fc25f6317f727.jpg

Edited by Olphalarepth

Just now, Olphalarepth said:

Speed does mean ability to run on water as you have to take into account others factors such as the mass of the object in question. Some animals can actually run on water even though they are not even remotely capable of matching an adequate speed thanks to weight distribution and exploting the surface tension of the water.

I love physics, but this is not the game to argue it.

The void, Sentients, Limbo - scratch that, the vast majority of Frames even without their momentum-shifting bullet jump and wall latch powers. Nova fires antimatter bombs. Antimatter. Big gobs of it. A single gram of antimatter produces a boom twice that of Hiroshima, and Nova just throws out a blob as large as her head.

If the magic Zoom-Zoom man wants to run on water, I say let him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I love physics, but this is not the game to argue it.

The void, Sentients, Limbo - scratch that, the vast majority of Frames even without their momentum-shifting bullet jump and wall latch powers. Nova fires antimatter bombs. Antimatter. Big gobs of it. A single gram of antimatter produces a boom twice that of Hiroshima, and Nova just throws out a blob as large as her head.

At least her 1 and her 2 explode the moment they touch a solid object. Her 4 covers enemies in antimatter. As in, it just sticks to them, and stays stuck to them. Without exploding immediately

I mean... If you GoTtA gO fAsT1! You're just gonna hit a wall pretty quickly. Try using a K-Drive or Archwing in a non-open world captura, and you'll see what I mean pretty ... f-fast (i'm sorry). Volt seems like he's gonna be the fastest practical warframe now, which honestly seems like it's just as good of a title. 

9 hours ago, FieryPriest228 said:

To be honest with you, I think the whole speed thing, needs to have a overall look at, due to Volt when he uses his speed is a Meme at this point, rather then a well-thought out power, due to it breaks animations and causes the PoV to go into really funky. If we do have another "Fast-Frame" then I think it should stick to Gauss and Volt has his own grantees that makes him strong, cuz I can see it now that Gauss is going to be the "Volt Killer" (as people bring up from time to time). Cuz right now Volt while a great and useful Warframe, is rarely seen and rarely used, anything he can do a frame can do better, thus why DE are reworking old starters.

I whuold love to see Gauss being almost like Quicksilver, while Volt is almost able to "shift" into matter of lighting that he can use for speed. (Think of it like a K-drive, but out of pure lighting and volts and a mix of Limbo's rift). So while shifting he can't use weapons, but can use his powers to get to one place to the next.

But again, we'll have to see what Gauss is about, before we can make any requests or niches

Though Volt can be as fast as Gauss, I’m sure the difference in their build(physical appearance) is the reason why one cannot do what the other can. Gauss is built specifically for mobility, while Volt is built to harness the power of electricity, where speed is only second to it.

9 hours ago, Firetempest said:

Volt has his universal team buff. 

5 hours ago, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

Everyone is just boo-hoo Reeeeing over Volt not being the fastest anymore, and wanna give Volt abilities to compensate, like to walk on water too lmao 

Likewise, I'll likely see Volt having a rework (an actual one) where his Speed works a bit like a universal team buff, where it overcharges reload speed/casting speed and energy pickups (given he is a frame out of pure energy, thus being electric). While keeping his speed "buff" more of a on pair to Wisp, but also effects jumping and bullet jumping speed.