Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave pvp challenges

(PSN)Xx-Ribbium-xX

So since nightwave has done a fantastic job at reviving underappreciated content and adding fresh rewards to the game i personally think it would be a great idea to add some challenges to the mode.

Here are some of my suggestions:

Finish a full conclave match

Kill 5 players with a melee weapon while airborn

Kill a player on a killstreak

Finish a game without dying 

Kill a player with all of your arsenal 

(Team annihilation) whipe out an entire enemy team before they can respawn.

i would love tp hear more ideas on what challenges could be added. Especially challenges that are dedicated to different modes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

So since nightwave has done a fantastic job at reviving underappreciated content

It has? Can you explain how you think it has done this? The content is not being revived if people only do it for the NW points. That is called being forced to do stuff you don’t want to.

DE should never add Conclave into NW. This would be an incredibly bad decision. If you like playing Conclave, find others that do. Do not try and force it on people that hate it.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

Finish a full conclave match - Okay.
Kill 5 players with a melee weapon while airborn - Why the airborne requirement? Makes this only feasible with a glaive. Just 5 melee kills is fine.
Kill a player on a killstreak - Okay.
Finish a game without dying - No. Have you even thought about the incentives this would create? People would just hide, or try to join games at the last second.
Kill a player with all of your arsenal - What?
(Team annihilation) whipe out an entire enemy team before they can respawn. - No. Unrealistic, would result in cheesers.

Also consider some more easy challenges that can be completed even when underperforming, like "Deal 1000 damage (cumulative)" or "Annihilate 10 Oro". Seems fair for dailies.

18 minutes ago, krc473 said:

DE should never add Conclave into NW.

They can add Conclave alternatives to Nightwave challenges, so I can actually play some Conclave instead of running 10 nightmare captures to get rid of the 10 nightmare mission challenge in the least amount of gameplay possible. Either you run 10 nightmare missions, or you win 3 Conclave matches (or whatever), you get the 7000 standing, but you don't get it twice for doing both. Doesn't even have to be all the NW challenges, it can just be the dailies and some of the weeklies.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, krc473 said:

It has? Can you explain how you think it has done this? The content is not being revived if people only do it for the NW points. That is called being forced to do stuff you don’t want to.

DE should never add Conclave into NW. This would be an incredibly bad decision. If you like playing Conclave, find others that do. Do not try and force it on people that hate it.

Through Nightwave, I personally found out I greatly enjoy the Conservation mechanic in the open worlds. Surely it's not unrealistic to assume that with a saturation of newer players at a similar skill level that some would end up enjoying it?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SevenLetterKWord said:

Either you run 10 nightmare missions, or you win 3 Conclave matches (or whatever), you get the 7000 standing, but you don't get it twice for doing both

One issue with this is difficulty/time to complete. Winning three Conclave matches could be done in 10 - 15 mins. Doing the Nightmare missions will take much longer (same with most challenges). If we are being realistic, people are going to do whatever it takes to get these done as quickly as possible. It will not be a good taste of what Conclave is actually like.

1 hour ago, standardheadache said:

Surely it's not unrealistic to assume that with a saturation of newer players at a similar skill level that some would end up enjoying it?

Why does no one play Conclave now? My feeling is that Conclave just is not enjoyable. I think you are being overly optimistic. Newer people will play together under ‘recruit conditioning’, then be forced into games with people that have far more experience/skill. This is a very common thing reported by new people: ‘I was enjoying Conclave until I got out of recruit conditioning’.

This whole idea is flawed. It is about forcing people to play Conclave as opposed to making Conclave worth playing.

22 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Um, who said it had to be a real match? Most people would just cheese it like they did with the previous Conclave events.

There are ways for DE to work around that kind of stuff. You know, like giving people in the top half of the scoreboard double NW progression to encourage participation and making complete ties not count for the challenge.

26 minutes ago, krc473 said:

My point around that was more about how this will not achieve the desired results the OP stated (revitalised Conclave). I may not have been specific enough. I am not dismissing all Conclave suggestions because of that.

Sentences like "DE should never add Conclave into NW" won't help your comment to look like "not dismissing all conclave suggestions because of conclave".

29 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Again, I probably should have been more specific. Commonly reported to me by people I know.

It's also commonly reported that they enjoy pvp games, competition, and self improvement but that they don't enjoy warframe at all because, despite the mechanical depth of warframe, there is no challenging content that encourages learning it. To be more specific, it's commonly reported to me by people i know either from my small clan or because i find them often while playimg the content we commonly enjoy. 

As you can see, that's quite an easy 180° spin.

35 minutes ago, krc473 said:

They were okay in RC, but a public match against ‘not-RC people’ made them quit very quickly.

This just shows the lack of tolerance to defeat of a lot of wf players: "Everything is fine as long as i'm winning with nearly no effort".

37 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Ah, someone that forgets to view the last quoted bit and consider it might be what the text is relating to. That statement was solely in response to the other person I quoted, nothing to do with anything you were suggesting.

It doesn't matter who the quoted bit was directed to, that bit was there and anyone can either refute or support it.

43 minutes ago, krc473 said:

The OP did not suggest options, just add these

Indeed, and even tough options would be the optimal thing to do, there's no reason for DE to not add conclave challenges on their own once a week. They could even keep it easy and do mostly "play [X] matches of [Y] conclave mode" and call it a day.

47 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I was not suggesting that providing an alternative way to do a challenge was forcing people to do Conclave. I was suggesting that purely adding Conclave NW missions to the rotations was.

"Forcing" seems to be the favorite buzzword of PvE players when it comes to content they dislike, however, it's really cynical to see people accepting to be "forced" to do Profit Taker, "forced" to kill Eidolons, "forced" to stay half an hour in a survival mission, "forced" to play 10 nightmare missions, "forced" to pick up flowers and kill the silver grove specters, "forced" to play ESO/SO, and at this point feeling "forced" to play the game in order to progress in Nightwave also refusing to have challenges that involve PvP, specially since NW was developed as a way to make players revisit older content.

Also, it's still nonsense to claim that this would be "forcing" people to play conclave since nightwave doesn't even demand 100% of challenge completion in order to reach the highest rank rewards so we (players) can even choose to skip challenges we dislike and still get access to absolutely everything from it.

• Like 3

I agree with SevenLetterKWord.

This was discussed before in the following thread when Nightwave was introduced. Adding alternative not additional standing gain for some PvE challenges is not an unreasonable request. Just make the PvP challenges harder/more time consuming than their PvE equivalent, and it will sort itself out.

Edited by Kontrollo
clarification
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

It doesn't matter who the quoted bit was directed to, that bit was there and anyone can either refute or support it.

Great, another person to miss the point completely. Anyone can debate any statement I make, that is fine. But you cannot take your own suggestion and pretend like I was trying to debate that. That is different to just simply refuting a point. It makes it hard to even attempt to have a discussion when people start taking stuff out of context. Which is what you, and the other person I was quoting have both done.

12 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

There are ways for DE to work around that kind of stuff. You know, like giving people in the top half of the scoreboard double NW progression to encourage participation and making complete ties not count for the challenge.

Okay and this will solve the issue of 'people just cheesing to get it done' how? I assume you are essentially suggesting bribing people to play properly with extra points. But to be honest, I would much rather cheese it than get the extra points. I need virtually nothing from the Cred shop, so I just have to hit R30 in NW.

• I have seen suggestions previously of 'give bonus points for doing X in the missions'. People seem to believe it is unfair in those posts.
16 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

This just shows the lack of tolerance to defeat of a lot of wf players: "Everything is fine as long as i'm winning with nearly no effort".

How does someone with two hours, and mediocre gear even pretend like they have a chance against someone with hundreds of hours and optimal gear? If you give people what they believe to be an impossible task why do you expect them to even attempt it?

18 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Also, it's still nonsense to claim that this would be "forcing" people to play conclave since nightwave doesn't even demand 100% of challenge completion in order to reach the highest rank rewards so we (players) can even choose to skip challenges we dislike and still get access to absolutely everything from it.

Okay, how do you propose I describe something like this then? Some people want to get NW out the way as soon as they can, so they do all the challenges regardless of if they will enjoy them or not. Sure, they could leave them out, but that really does depend on how many points they are worth. Consistently skipping Elite Weeklies is not a great idea. 

• If you can provide a word more suitable than 'forcing' that suggests you are being encouraged to do content you hate then be my guest. People use the word 'forcing' because it is the easiest way to explain it.

46 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

"Forcing" seems to be the favorite buzzword of PvE players when it comes to content they dislike, however, it's really cynical to see people accepting to be "forced" to do Profit Taker, "forced" to kill Eidolons, "forced" to stay half an hour in a survival mission, "forced" to play 10 nightmare missions, "forced" to pick up flowers and kill the silver grove specters, "forced" to play ESO/SO, and at this point feeling "forced" to play the game in order to progress in Nightwave also refusing to have challenges that involve PvP, specially since NW was developed as a way to make players revisit older content.

Their is a big difference here in that most the community agrees this is a PvE game and not meant to have serious PvP. If you feel forced to do PvE stuff in a PvE game to play destiny or CoD for your PvP fix instead of trying to shove it down the necks of an overwhelming amount of the fanbase maybe? I get a few people actually enjoy conclave and that's good for them but the main attraction is and always will be the PvE content and to think otherwise is just delusion! Maybe throwing PvP challenges in specifically as alternatives like many have stated would work because then both sides have their piece of the pie but to make the primarily PvE focused players who make up roughly 99% of the player base play that crappy PvP mode would just end horribly for EVERYONE involved. Who could even do some of those challenges mentiones unless they played nothing but conclave since they started anyway...you wanna talk hard challenges well those would be completely impossible for most the player base except for the super easy ones!

31 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Okay and this will solve the issue of 'people just cheesing to get it done' how? I assume you are essentially suggesting bribing people to play properly with extra points. But to be honest, I would much rather cheese it than get the extra points. I need virtually nothing from the Cred shop, so I just have to hit R30 in NW.

• I have seen suggestions previously of 'give bonus points for doing X in the missions'. People seem to believe it is unfair in those posts.

The idea was mainly allowing people to have a single match count like 2, so if the task was "play [X] conclave matches" the task could be completed in [X/2] matches for people in the top half of the scoreboard. I see no reason to provide additional NW standing, but i also understand where might the confusion have come from.

35 minutes ago, krc473 said:

How does someone with two hours, and mediocre gear even pretend like they have a chance against someone with hundreds of hours and optimal gear? If you give people what they believe to be an impossible task why do you expect them to even attempt it?

Perhaps through skill? Some players come from other games and skills like aiming, positioning, reflexes, etc. transfer to warframe, which allows them to put a really good fight or even beat players with hundreds of hours and "optimal gear". On a sidenote, i'd like to know what are you calling "optimal gear".

45 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Okay, how do you propose I describe something like this then? Some people want to get NW out the way as soon as they can, so they do all the challenges regardless of if they will enjoy them or not. Sure, they could leave them out, but that really does depend on how many points they are worth.

If those players decide to burn themselves out in order to reach rank 30 asap or have an ocd that triggers upon seeing a single challenge unticked, it's none of my business, yours, nor DE's. It's just their personal issue and depending of their reasons they might even need professional help.

53 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Consistently skipping Elite Weeklies is not a great idea. 

Someone consistently skipping Elite Weeklies either does not care about the highest rank rewards or already knows exactly how many eltie weeklies can be skipped and still reach rank 30. Eother wayn, I (or someone else) would have to do some math to figure out the veracity of that statement. 

59 minutes ago, krc473 said:

If you can provide a word more suitable than 'forcing' that suggests you are being encouraged to do content you hate then be my guest. People use the word 'forcing' because it is the easiest way to explain it.

"Encouraging" works just fine. NW encourages players to revisit content that might not be normally played or is just disliked by them. Never killed Profit Taker? Not a fan of Eidolon hunting? Not a fan of PoE/Fortuna bounties? Nightwave provides a reason to do those things nevertheless, but it's still up to each one of us to play that content or not. 

-------

35 minutes ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

Their is a big difference here in that most the community agrees this is a PvE game and not meant to have serious PvP.

It's fun to read "most of the community agrees" when it's always the same 5-7 players repeating exactly the same words.

37 minutes ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

If you feel forced to do PvE stuff in a PvE game to play destiny or CoD for your PvP fix instead of trying to shove it down the necks of an overwhelming amount of the fanbase maybe?

Your reading comprehension skills are showing: i don't feel forced to do anything to progress in Nightwave, but i've seen plenty of PvE players complaining about doing PvE related stuff for it, to the point of having that one thread complaining for the requirement of the bulletjump daily being too much (probably mocking people who wants warframe to remain as hard as cookie clicker, idk).

Also, noone would be forcing anything down your neck since you don't need to complete every single task to reach max rank in nightwave. No need for such blatant exaggeration.

43 minutes ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

Maybe throwing PvP challenges in specifically as alternatives like many have stated would work because then both sides have their piece of the pie

This is a neat progression, it would be amazing to have a PvP related way to progress in nightwave, either as a simple "play [x] conclave matches" task of any tier popping up once in a while or as a totally alternative path.

46 minutes ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

primarily PvE focused players who make up roughly 99% of the player base 

These claims are worthless unless presented with some updated official data supportimg them, otherwise those are numbers being pulled out of.... nowhere.

50 minutes ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

Who could even do some of those challenges mentiones

I can't deny that OP went a bit too far with the difficulty of some challenges, but that just shows the size of his self confidence... in a videogame.

• Like 3

On 2019-07-25 at 2:53 AM, SevenLetterKWord said:

Also consider some more easy challenges that can be completed even when underperforming, like "Deal 1000 damage (cumulative)" or "Annihilate 10 Oro". Seems fair for dailies.

well i feel getting melee kills on players on the ground very easy personally but i guess thats a platform thing. but you are probably right.

i also like your suggestions 

On 2019-07-25 at 2:30 PM, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

IF they added any conclave challenges I'd only like to see them as daily challenges. 1000 rep is insignificant.

i personally didnt even notice the whole rep thing since i played conclave for fun. but the same could be said for the rest of the game and not just conclave

On 2019-07-25 at 8:54 AM, Swagernator22663 said:

NO.

why?

On 2019-07-25 at 2:24 AM, krc473 said:

well for me and my friends i never helped clem or even did any missions for maroo in the relay because i never felt the need to do that.

i never felt the need to do onslaught either because it was content i was never interested in. these are just two examples that fit me but im sure others who dont care about plains missions because they have max standing wont so any missions after that until nightwave gave us a reward for doing tha.

On 2019-07-25 at 5:29 AM, krc473 said:

Most Mk1 gear is viable, if not preferable, in Conclave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojN5nR5G43s

This of course does not account for skill with movement and aim, but I'd imagine a brand-new player may not have even unlocked Conclave, let alone is trying to complete the Nightwave season they started in.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, standardheadache said:

Most Mk1 gear is viable, if not preferable, in Conclave.

That’s great an all, but I don’t see how it relates to what I said. Are you just posting to agree with what I said? (That is fine)

the office no GIF

Conclave is a big no no. No. It is so unbalanced, even the games Riot and Blizzard could be considered balanced when you look at Conclave.

Also, the Warframe commuity is a community who wants to play a PvE game. Look at Destiny, when they require you to do PvP stuff to achieve something. The majority of "casual" (not mean as an insult, just to descripe the major community) players go straight into rage mode.