Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 3.0 Will you finally stop the evil power that is Condition Overload?

Midas

Warframe0527.jpg1.6 billion damage on a level 2000 target... Stop this madness!

In all seriousness Melee dominates damage dealing in Warframe right now and posses a threat to primaries and secondaries significantly in future content.

Edited by Midas

22 minutes ago, Midas said:

1.6 billion damage on a level 2000 target... Stop this madness!

In all seriousness Melee dominates damage dealing in Warframe right now and posses a threat to primaries and secondaries significantly in future content.

In Melee 3.0 I want condition overload on my exalted blade!!!

• Like 1

surely you're just memeing and you do actually understand that it's both Blood Rush and Condition Overload 'to blame' here.

and it would be nice if both Blood Rush and Condition Overload had their math fixed to something normal. they'd still be great then anyways >.>

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, taiiat said:

surely you're just memeing and you do actually understand that it's both Blood Rush and Condition Overload 'to blame' here.

and it would be nice if both Blood Rush and Condition Overload had their math fixed to something normal. they'd still be great then anyways >.>

Maiming strike + blood rush + Condition Overload all need to be gone imo or nerfed heavily.

2 minutes ago, Midas said:

Maiming strike + blood rush + Condition Overload all need to be gone imo or nerfed heavily.

meme strike doesn't even matter. make Blood Rush and Condition Overload use normal math and then that's about the end of it. if Blood Rush used normal math, meme strike would just be a Utility Mod and nothing more.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

meme strike doesn't even matter. make Blood Rush and Condition Overload use normal math and then that's about the end of it. if Blood Rush used normal math, meme strike would just be a Utility Mod and nothing more.

Meming strike on low end (1-150) is still a massive threat to primaries and secondaries. Why use any primary if a copter wisp comes through and finishes the rescue/exterminate/capture/any mission that requires killing or speed. Just ruins the game imo. Additive to multiplicative and increase the %

Edited by Midas
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Midas said:

Meming strike on low end (1-150) is still a massive threat to primaries and secondaries. Why use any primary if a copter wisp comes through and finishes the rescue/exterminate/capture/any mission that requires killing or speed. Just ruins the game imo. Additive to multiplicative and increase the %

it barely matters then. the Damage increase you get isn't particularly high, and ergo you're not actually gaining any Damage by using it because the one Spindash would do ~2-3x Damage while being a much slower type of attack than what else Melee Weapons have to offer. it's only effective now because you can Multiply Damage by so much to Kill what you hit. without the exponential results, it's no longer amazing and just useful.

if meme strike can't push the probability for Crits up massively, it's basically useless for the Utility role that it fits so well as (using Berserker on no Crit Weapons).

besides, Melee Range was already nerfed so much anyways. even double Range means a limited amount when half the Enemies still won't get hit.

• Like 2

Sounds good then, blood rush’s combo stacking should be eliminated or changed extremely (only problem is gladiator mods now stacking on top of it to bring it back up on sentinel melee). Glad mods should not be allowed on sentinel melee imo if it stacks on top of blood rush.

Edited by Midas

1 hour ago, Midas said:

Warframe0527.jpg1.6 billion damage on a level 2000 target... Stop this madness!

That screenshot was taken at 194 minutes in. Obviously the melee user is not a noob, or anyone else there either. These people know what there doing.

To call for a nurf that will affect everyone based on how a limited few can build is selfish and stupid. This is a PvE game, you choose what weapon to use, how you build it and who you play with. Wanting to mess up the melee builds of hundreds if not thousands of other players is not how you play nicely with others. 

As far as melee being a threat to other weapons in some "future content" that doesn't exist yet... I have great faith that melee3.0 will mess up melee a fair bit and DE are quite capable of inventing overpowered primaries, secondaries and mods to keep them viable if that is what your worried about. 

But quite frankly chap, over 3 hours in a fisure mission in the void? Your talking about nurfing the weapons of people that wont go past wave ten on hydron, which seems to be 90% of randoms. If you want a game built around you and your 3 mates in that mission try getting DE to come up with some kinda end game that isn't cosmetics, rather than tryin to spoil everyone else's fun.

• Like 12

15 hours ago, (XB1)Muttz v2 said:

That screenshot was taken at 194 minutes in. Obviously the melee user is not a noob, or anyone else there either. These people know what there doing.

To call for a nurf that will affect everyone based on how a limited few can build is selfish and stupid. This is a PvE game, you choose what weapon to use, how you build it and who you play with. Wanting to mess up the melee builds of hundreds if not thousands of other players is not how you play nicely with others. 

As far as melee being a threat to other weapons in some "future content" that doesn't exist yet... I have great faith that melee3.0 will mess up melee a fair bit and DE are quite capable of inventing overpowered primaries, secondaries and mods to keep them viable if that is what your worried about. 

But quite frankly chap, over 3 hours in a fisure mission in the void? Your talking about nurfing the weapons of people that wont go past wave ten on hydron, which seems to be 90% of randoms. If you want a game built around you and your 3 mates in that mission try getting DE to come up with some kinda end game that isn't cosmetics, rather than tryin to spoil everyone else's fun.

These are my clanmates, I am very aware of how to get every frame to this point and they all involve melee or supporting melee.. I too believe the knowledgeable should be rewarded for their efforts. This is just a bit too powerful and the rewards for endurance don't necessarily matter rn. Shieldgating bosses (instant invuln state) to increase the time of a boss fight are more and more common now because of this garbage even with a crit weapon like gram/paracesis setup. The damage you can deal on warframe is vastly too powerful where you'd only need one single warframe or Arcane to simulate a gravity affect to drag enemies in/then apply a ton of status on them to abuse condition overload. I have been in Warframe for six years and it has become bewildering on how deadly Condition Overload is.

Edited by Midas

Blood rush and CO are not powerful enough. They need buffs! If you don’t like them, STOP using them and stop complaining. No one is asking for any nerfs. 

Because we have enemies that can go to levels of thousands, we need Mods that scale exponentially. If these Mods don’t exist, there will be new complains about how we can’t kill them. 

You can always not to equip anything you deem broken or too powerful and that are enjoyed by others. 

Numbers aside because it's a group and pretty much all bets are off with balancing in that situation....

Why shouldn't melee dominate in damage output? It has serious downsides.

The only other option is to make melee dominate in durability which doesn't serve as much purpose in a game like Warframe.

In the end I look at that pic (imagine the various status effects because there's no target to see) but just think one Banshee can do more and I highly disagree with your assessment that all tactics revolve around melee.  That might be your thing but there's countless methods.

Ya know what we should nerf though? That OP Nosam Mining Cutter...

Z06y7Or.jpg

• Like 4

or 

better yet how about they buff primaries?

melee is inherently more risk, period

you have.to deal namely with nullifiers that debuff you, and that's huge.

its nice to able to stay at range, deal heaping damage, and have a much lower risk being killed--

this is what every online mmo has done nowadays.

I'm glad melee in this game is strong.

I'm a melee centric player since what 21 years ago.

I regularly take ranges classes and turn them into unique Melee hybrids if the game permits IE 

SHADOWBANE

please dont come here asking for melee nerfs when range builds still are OP when modded well.

if you dont want to use your melee weapon, then dont.

no one forces you to melee.

and lastly

in order of power 

yes melee should be the strongest

followed by your rifles

and followed by pistols.

I cant see why you would ever feel the sidearms should be just as strong as the other weapons.

however the fact that sidearms like the staticor can put up monster numbers is bizarre, perhaps you should  just use that, feel its power, and move on from trying to get melee nerfed

Edited by Lupgarou

Well then why don't we have enemy units level 1000+? Someone argued Condition Overload's only purpose is to fight these level 1000+ enemies. Scaling rewards are not a thing really in warframe, and I don't see anything beyond level 1-150 in the future besides leaderboards and possibly trials.

Edited by Midas

2 hours ago, Lupgarou said:

or 

better yet how about they buff primaries?

melee is inherently more risk, period

you have.to deal namely with nullifiers that debuff you, and that's huge.

its nice to able to stay at range, deal heaping damage, and have a much lower risk being killed--

this is what every online mmo has done nowadays.

I'm glad melee in this game is strong.

I'm a melee centric player since what 21 years ago.

I regularly take ranges classes and turn them into unique Melee hybrids if the game permits IE 

SHADOWBANE

please dont come here asking for melee nerfs when range builds still are OP when modded well.

if you dont want to use your melee weapon, then dont.

no one forces you to melee.

and lastly

in order of power 

yes melee should be the strongest

followed by your rifles

and followed by pistols.

I cant see why you would ever feel the sidearms should be just as strong as the other weapons.

however the fact that sidearms like the staticor can put up monster numbers is bizarre, perhaps you should  just use that, feel its power, and move on from trying to get melee nerfed

Only problems is because it appeals to certain melee types that wipe maps before other weapons can be used. There is no point in the quartz being released is essential what I am saying while Condition Overload is in effect, especially with a Zennistar "buff" coming out even without those a plague zaw, redeemer, and even whips/tonfas do insane damage rn. (Augment rework for Ember, Volt, Oberon, Frost, etc...).

20190609123529_1.jpg?width=2427&height=1

Imagine this times 4 with a ton of condition overload procs.

Imagine this times 8 (trials) with a ton of condition overload procs.

Edited by Midas

2 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Numbers aside because it's a group and pretty much all bets are off with balancing in that situation....

Why shouldn't melee dominate in damage output? It has serious downsides.

The only other option is to make melee dominate in durability which doesn't serve as much purpose in a game like Warframe.

In the end I look at that pic (imagine the various status effects because there's no target to see) but just think one Banshee can do more and I highly disagree with your assessment that all tactics revolve around melee.  That might be your thing but there's countless methods.

Ya know what we should nerf though? That OP Nosam Mining Cutter...

Z06y7Or.jpg

I have been playing banshee since she came out, I agree Sonar needs a bit of a downturn lmao. (Although allow her more sustain so she does not peel off without relying on trickery or skijati).

22 minutes ago, Midas said:

I have been playing banshee since she came out, I agree Sonar needs a bit of a downturn lmao. (Although allow her more sustain so she does not peel off without relying on trickery or skijati).

I'm just saying when you collaborate group synergy it's pretty easy to break the game in countless ways. Hence the example of a Mining Cutter which does 0 damage / status killing lvl 300+ enemies. It's not the fault of any one thing and can't really be fixed that way either.

The game at it's core is just broken beyond any band-aid or nerf. DE needs to rework the core mechanics from the ground up and they need to be consistent with how different abilities and mods interact with each other. None of this cherry picking they've been doing when they don't like the outcome.

The game reminds me of a near finished game of Jenga; ready to topple over at any moment.

1 minute ago, Xzorn said:

I'm just saying when you collaborate group synergy it's pretty easy to break the game in countless ways. Hence the example of a Mining Cutter which does 0 damage / status killing lvl 300+ enemies. It's not the fault of any one thing and can't really be fixed that way either.

The game at it's core is just broken beyond any band-aid or nerf. DE needs to rework the core mechanics from the ground up and they need to be consistent with how different abilities and mods interact with each other. None of this cherry picking they've been doing when they don't like the outcome.

The game reminds me of a near finished game of Jenga; ready to topple over at any moment.

Alright you got me there I 100% agree that this all is a mess lol, Hopefully New War missions/AI/Units whatever is in the future is thought out to work intertwined with organized cp/emp aura/infested impedence/condition overload synergy/accuracy reduction teams/anything fits into it nicely and is not considerable cheese.