Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 3.0 Will you finally stop the evil power that is Condition Overload?

Midas

46 minutes ago, Midas said:

Well then why don't we have enemy units level 1000+? Someone argued Condition Overload's only purpose is to fight these level 1000+ enemies. Scaling rewards are not a thing really in warframe, and I don't see anything beyond level 1-150 in the future besides leaderboards and possibly trials.

Then what's the problem really? CO and BR do help at level 150 but they don't seem overpowered. Since scaling rewards aren't a thing anymore, most people leave at the 20 min mark (40 at most) and just reset.

Which leaves the people who do enjoy hour long survival missions, in which case both mods are nice to have. Still not mandatory. Should we nerf seeking shuriken as well, because that will kill enemies at level 1000+ as well with ease...?

Or covert lethality, remember that survival mission with enemies level 9999? There were only a handful of those, but I killed them all. Clearly needs to be gone 😉

2 minutes ago, Spookmineer said:

Then what's the problem really? CO and BR do help at level 150 but they don't seem overpowered. Since scaling rewards aren't a thing anymore, most people leave at the 20 min mark (40 at most) and just reset.

Which leaves the people who do enjoy hour long survival missions, in which case both mods are nice to have. Still not mandatory. Should we nerf seeking shuriken as well, because that will kill enemies at level 1000+ as well with ease...?

Or covert lethality, remember that survival mission with enemies level 9999? There were only a handful of those, but I killed them all. Clearly needs to be gone 😉

I honestly wish the level scale would go past 200+ by default.

On 2019-07-25 at 5:56 AM, Midas said:

Warframe0527.jpg1.6 billion damage on a level 2000 target... Stop this madness!

In all seriousness Melee dominates damage dealing in Warframe right now and posses a threat to primaries and secondaries significantly in future content.

Oh you poor soul

Did you realize that you spent hours killing the same trash mobs over and over again as an illusion of endgame?

Hope you're proud of yourself atleast...

On 2019-07-26 at 5:41 AM, Test-995 said:

Nerfing CO? no, implement the co for guns instead.

Oh yes 10/10

Blood Rush for guns as well!!!

43 minutes ago, Lazarow said:

Just cause you managed to get those number doesnt mean everyone has those and not every weapons can do those, but Im interested in what weapons and build you were using, by the looks of it its a zaw

Your vision deceives you.

56 minutes ago, Midas said:

Your vision deceives you.

I only saw the name I didnt really look at the weapon model, so are you going to say?

WOW how did I not see it says TITRON as in ARCA

Edited by Lazarow

If I were to reel in Condition Overload it would probably be one simple method.

• CO remains multiplicative but additive with status effects, not exponential.

CO brings some very cool interactions into the game, esp Dual wielding and playing frames with elemental status effects.

In this case 3 status effects would still be 2.8x damage instead of 4.1x which is generally the more average use while 8 status effects would be 5.8x instead of 42.95x. Only problem is that it will still be a staple mod for most builds; least until Primed Faction mods show up so it doesn't really fix much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

If I were to reel in Condition Overload it would probably be one simple method.

• CO remains multiplicative but additive with status effects, not exponential.

CO brings some very cool interactions into the game, esp Dual wielding and playing frames with elemental status effects.

In this case 3 status effects would still be 2.8x damage instead of 4.1x which is generally the more average use while 8 status effects would be 5.8x instead of 42.95x. Only problem is that it will still be a staple mod for most builds; least until Primed Faction mods show up so it doesn't really fix much.

That actually explains why my gas build Venka Primes outperformed the viral build Venka Primes verses enemy groups.  I had an idea of why, but what you posted here explains why it was happening faster than I expected.  

3 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

That actually explains why my gas build Venka Primes outperformed the viral build Venka Primes verses enemy groups.  I had an idea of why, but what you posted here explains why it was happening faster than I expected.  

run a smite mod with gas as it is a total damage multiplier. top CO on top of that with primary and secondary weapons with elements (you can use augments as well like volt frost ember etc... they provide separate elements that DO NOT stack together I.E. a heat proc will not stock with a charged redeemer blast if it is from flash accelerant).

Edited by Midas

1 hour ago, Midas said:

run a smite mod with gas as it is a total damage multiplier. top CO on top of that with primary and secondary weapons with elements (you can use augments as well like volt frost ember etc... they provide separate elements that DO NOT stack together I.E. a heat proc will not stock with a charged redeemer blast if it is from flash accelerant).

Hehe, when the enemies get to the point where I would need that extra you mentioned to kill them, then I'll just Sleep and stealth kill them.  😁 

I'm a simple creature like that.  

59 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Yup. All team CL needs is ceramic dagger and one little mod. 

Nah fellow Tenno.  I would still be using my Venka Primes or one of the nikanas variants.  Single daggers just aren't as much fun.  Mwuahahahaha

Edited by DatDarkOne

Warframe has infinitely scaling enemies, there's no need to nerf CO or Blood Rush because they scale just as much as the enemies, so it's balanced.

Try asking for buffs to primaries/secondaries next time. So stop spreading misinformation that "X thing is OP", whitout providing any reasonable argument.

2 hours ago, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX said:

Warframe has infinitely scaling enemies, there's no need to nerf CO or Blood Rush because they scale just as much as the enemies, so it's balanced.

Try asking for buffs to primaries/secondaries next time. So stop spreading misinformation that "X thing is OP", whitout providing any reasonable argument.

This is certainly a reasonable argument.

On 2019-07-25 at 2:24 PM, taiiat said:

surely you're just memeing and you do actually understand that it's both Blood Rush and Condition Overload 'to blame' here.

and it would be nice if both Blood Rush and Condition Overload had their math fixed to something normal. they'd still be great then anyways >.>

well, given the number of non-critical damage numbers shown here, i would suspect that blood rush might not have anything to do with it (at least in this scenario)

10 hours ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

well, given the number of non-critical damage numbers shown here, i would suspect that blood rush might not have anything to do with it (at least in this scenario)

most of the non Crit numbers are in the 1-3 digit range. the ones that are higher i'm sure can be chalked up to the Toxin Status that is being applied to the Enemies.

but the point isn't in recreating this specific way of dealing very high Damage. but that there are many ways to do so, and on the fault of a Melee Weapon, it's Blood Rush and Condition Overload. past that it's no longer the Weapon anymore and up to Abilities or Damage Types.
not being used here (as he would be mostly red Critting at that Hit Counter if he had on it on so obviously not) doesn't mean that it doesn't also offer extreme Damage. Blood Rush in that Hit Counter scenario is at minimum 10x Damage on top of everything else he's already doing(not including the Hit Counter Multiplier, ofc).
(though on other Weapons Blood Rush can offer 50x+, with that broken math - or even considerably higher i suppose now that Nidus has a Crit Chance Augment)

Edited by taiiat

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

most of the non Crit numbers are in the 1-3 digit range. the ones that are higher i'm sure can be chalked up to the Toxin Status that is being applied to the Enemies.

but the point isn't in recreating this specific way of dealing very high Damage. but that there are many ways to do so, and on the fault of a Melee Weapon, it's Blood Rush and Condition Overload. past that it's no longer the Weapon anymore and up to Abilities or Damage Types.
not being used here (as he would be mostly red Critting at that Hit Counter if he had on it on so obviously not) doesn't mean that it doesn't also offer extreme Damage. Blood Rush in that Hit Counter scenario is at minimum 10x Damage on top of everything else he's already doing(not including the Hit Counter Multiplier, ofc).
(though on other Weapons Blood Rush can offer 50x+, with that broken math - or even considerably higher i suppose now that Nidus has a Crit Chance Augment)

oh sorry i thought you meant the specific screenshot OP posted

Also fyi Nidus' Teeming Virulence augment only affects primary weapons

3 hours ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

oh sorry i thought you meant the specific screenshot OP posted

Also fyi Nidus' Teeming Virulence augment only affects primary weapons

ah. now things all make sense.

only for Primaries, correct. thank you for reminding me.