Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Discount" for pack where we already have some items.

Dr_Shadox

Hello , so no it's not a topic for crying about pack price or for asking charity from DE ^^

But it would be nice if we could have a discount for packs where we already have some items (in this case the already owned item will be not given again of course) , or make the missing item purchassable alone if we already have other item , even if it cost a bit more than it should.

For example , i've already :
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Frost_Harka_Skin (165 plat)

And i realy want :
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Frysta_Longsword_Skin 

BUT it's only obtainable while buying the :
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Frost_Harka_Bundle (215 plat)

So we can say the sword skin should cost 50 plat. (215 - 165 = 50)

Knowing that did you think it'll be poossible to allow player who have that frost skin to buy the sword skin for 50 pl (or more , let's say 75 ?) , so like that we aren't forced to buy a 215pl pack for a 50pl cost skin ?

Edited by Dr_Shadox
  • Like 1

il y a 5 minutes, (PS4)Hikuro-93 a dit :

I think DE had more to gain from this, than they have to lose. But this doesn't seem like it'll become a thing anytime soon, sadly.

Maybe not , since i* suggest to be able to buy it alone but only if you already an another part of the pack.

Infact in the way i've suggest , they'll win more than if i get the pack itself from the begining knowing i'm ok to pay a bit more for the missing part.

For exemple 75pl the sword skin , so it mean 165 + 75 = 240 (so they "win" 25pl in my case AND the pack is still more valuable for player if we buy it as pack from the begining).

But like @(XB1)GaussPrime said above , we haven't always enough money to take the pack from the begining.

Edited by Dr_Shadox
"i" not "it"
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr_Shadox said:

But like @(XB1)GaussPrime said above , we haven't always enough money to take the pack from the begining.

Which is very true. I still want Nidus Deluxe Pack due to the Helminth Charger skin but I already have the skin. Because at the time I didn't have the plat to spare for a full pack and bought it with a discount coupon. Would be nice to have it still.

il y a 2 minutes, Lutesque a dit :

Hasn't DE been pulling this S#&$ for 5 Years now ?

Yeah by now players have grown accustomed to getting bent over like this.... lol.... DE's not going to stop.

I didn't bend since i'll not buy a pack at 215pl for a sword skin who should cost 50pl , what are you talking about ?

• Like 1

This is very annoying and I'd be more than ok with the lowered price not being a full discount, but something like 80% from the items I already own (just to clarify if I own an item that costs 100plat the price of the pack would be reduced by 80plat) There have been situations where I've been saving up to buy a pack, then someone has gifted me something from that pack and now I still have to pay full price for the pack to get the exclusive syandanas...

I'm fairly sure that this isn't going to happen.

Not because I'm against the idea, but because the Bundles still contain that thing you have a copy of. You're paying for a second copy. Just because you currently own it, doesn't mean that it's then not included in the Bundle.

And so if you have gone and bought something from that bundle already, but you then want to buy the rest of the bundle, the answer from DE will likely just be... 'And?'

Think about it like this; if you went to shop and bought a single can of Coke one day (Important note for this scenario; no refunds), and then thought 'oh, I wanted a six-pack', would the store then give you a discount on buying a six-pack of coke just because you had previously bought one can on its own? The answer would be no, because you're still buying a six pack, it contains six cans. Just because you only want five of those cans, since you already bought one, won't change the price of the six-pack.

But surely, you'd say, DE could just look at the Bundle and not sell me the parts I already have?

Well... they might? Maybe?

But that would kind of defeat one of their monetisation lines for the game, where they sell a bundle and it includes the whole bundle every time you purchase it. You do get discounts for buying the bundle in the first place, so the original point here:

6 hours ago, Dr_Shadox said:

So we can say the sword skin should cost 50 plat. (215 - 165 = 50)

Might actually be wrong.

Just look at the latest packs released; the Damage glyphs is a great one. There's six. They cost 20 Plat each if you buy them individually, which is 120 Plat for all of them if you buy them one at a time. How much is the bundle of all six? 94. Discounted for the bulk buy by more than the cost of any one of the Glyphs.

That sword skin from the Harka bundle might actually be worth 75, and is just discounted from being in the bundle.

Then again, that sword skin from the Harka isn't available outside the bundle, much like the Kopesh from the Inaros bundle, so maybe the entire point of it is that it's only possible to attain the skin by buying the bundle, including a second Harka skin.

Sure, sounds a little unfair, right? Maybe DE could do something about it.

I just don't think it's likely to happen given that cosmetics are simply one of the main sources of revenue in a free-to-play game.

It's why i've said i'm still ok to pay more than the actual value of it.

of cours if i take the pack at 215 , its even better for DE , but for me it's a scam feeling , so if i can't spend 75 for it , i prefer spend 0 than 215.

Edited by Dr_Shadox

41 minutes ago, Dr_Shadox said:

It's why i've said i'm still ok to pay more than the actual value of it.

of cours if i take the pack at 215 , its even better for DE , but for me it's a scam feeling , so if i can't spend 75 for it , i prefer spend 0 than 215.

You are not the first person who made this kind of complaint, basically it's intentional on DE side and you will be the victim of their marketing if you buy it.