Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbral Forma, 0/1

BethTheBean

Good afternoon.

Since NW-S1, players wished for the umbral forma to be more accessible. I'm giving my thought on this, so let's start a discussion!

1. Umbral forma can be introduced into the game, in similar ways to the other forma and taters.

a. Invasions.
b. Nightwave.
c. Gift of the Lotus.
d. Twitch drops (if they ever work).
e. Daily login reward (maybe).

2. Similar to aura forma and the taters, Umbral formas should be one per a warframe. Most umbral builds were able to fit all 3 mods after NW-S1.

3. The melee weapon is questionable, since sacrificial pressure is still inferior to its primed version -- even after the set boost.

4. The umbral forma can only be obtained, after you completed The Sacrifice . (duh)

A blueprint may be difficult to fit into the background lore, since there's a lack of orokin materials. It may have to use a large amount of orokin cells and/or argon.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

:hexis::suda:

Edited by GrazedZero
Correction.

While also wanting more Umbral formas, because I refuse to make Umbral builds without Umbral polarities, I also think they are not a great need at this time. And they do offer quite a bit of power. So no hurries by me, and let DE make them more common (more =/= very common), when we actually need them to fight sentients. And by then I strongly guess DE will have other ways to earn them in mind. 

Currently it's just a whiff, a controlled experience. And there's no problem with that, specially in a game where "too op, content is ez, no challenge, no endgame" is your average monday complaint.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 1

I'd like the option to make some of my weapons more 'tau ready' rather than being restricted to the ones we have, same goes for my frames.   With the slow rate of umbra forma drops it's making many people (myself and my clan included) just not use them until we know we can get them more easily in case we make the wrong choice.

There are so many parts of this game that were supposedly designed for 'end gamers' yet they in all honesty lack end gamer rewards, adding in a umbral forma bp, at a reasonable drop rate and cost to build, would make it more worthwhile playing in many people's eyes.

Having said that I'd also like a multipolarity forma for non aura slots too... so maybe that could be added in as well.

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I'd like the option to make some of my weapons more 'tau ready'

I don't think DE wants us to be 'tau ready' when they actually come to it. I think the Quest, after we've completed it, will give us the ability to become 'tau ready' once we put the required grind in, but I'm fairly convinced that they won't do very much beyond maybe that second Umbral style warframe they've been promising before we actually start facing large amounts of Sentients.

• Like 1

il y a une heure, GrazedZero a dit :

Similar to aura forma and the taters, Umbral formas should be one per a warframe. Most umbral builds were able to fit all 3 mods after NW-S1.

No thanks , i need 2 umbra forma for my build (currently at 0/2)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

I don't think DE wants us to be 'tau ready' when they actually come to it. I think the Quest, after we've completed it, will give us the ability to become 'tau ready' once we put the required grind in, but I'm fairly convinced that they won't do very much beyond maybe that second Umbral style warframe they've been promising before we actually start facing large amounts of Sentients.

No I mean more along the lines of we already have things weapons/abilities are 'tau ready' but they're very limited in their choice of weapon or frame.  I want to be able to have more options and we can't have more options without having more umbra forma.

You know along with railjack they've been discussing that entire sentient based tileset and at the rate we're going we'll be lucky to have worked through enough nightwave to get a third umbra by the time that is supposed to be due. 

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 1

I suspect they'll become much more readily available when the New War comes along. Sortie rewards, alert rewards, maybe even Invasion rewards. I doubt they'll be as common as normal forma, but they're a clear plat opportunity so I doubt DE will decline to open those floodgates.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

I want to be able to have more options and we can't have more options without having more umbra forma.

Yeah... exactly. And I think that this is deliberate. I genuinely think that we don't have more options, more Umbral Forma, more Tau related content, specifically because we're not supposed to be ready when we're first exposed to the new content.

It's a typical move by DE, it's why they switched to Relics instead of Keys, because Keys you could stockpile before a release, while Relics you have to grind up after the release and nobody has the ability to be 'prepared'.

When The Second Dream was released, most players actually had no way to deal with the Sentients that appeared without being given slight spoilers, because they had geared with their 'generic' builds with the elemental damage chosen for status, not for actual damage types, meaning that the Sentient enemies they faced quickly adapted to the damage types they had, and became mini-bosses at the time. It wasn't until they had gone through not just The Second Dream, but all the way through The War Within before we all got access to the function that clears Sentient Adaptation. Before that point players that knew they were going to a tile on Lua where they would fight Sentients would literally have to have different setups on their weapons than they would usually take to ensure that they could kill those Sentients.

In the same way we aren't going to get faster Umbral Forma, in fact we're unlikely to get any more Tau related content right up until they actually release content that it relates to. At most we'll get an Umbral frame, with its own little story, its own adapted ability that has an effect on Sentients specifically and its own signature weapon that has Umbral polarities.

If they follow the pattern that they have been so far, DE are deliberately making sure we aren't prepared for what's coming.

• Like 3