Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR0 Content Restrictions

Scar.brother.help.me

42 minutes ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

Plz let those LVL0 True Tenno be all over the Solar System!!!
Starchart and Quests only.

why? just completing the star chart alone gets you to MR3 and a half. Add in a full ranked starter set (frame and weapons) and you should be like MR 4-5. I think MR 8 is the highest of all quest reqs. 

Kind of making something out of nothing. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

Plz let those LVL0 True Tenno be all over the Solar System!!!
Starchart and Quests only.

If anything we need more MR restrictions.  Every new player I talk to is overwhelmed by everything on their plate to the point of shutting down.  The game should portion itself out a lot better.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 2019-08-02 at 8:07 PM, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

No please. There's a lot of higher level stuff that they will not be ready for, spoilers and other content that they would never be able to handle.

a MR0 is no weaker than a MR27, warframe isnt wow, there is no stats upgrade in levels, many fearless true 0s have pimp gear and max lvl mods.

On 2019-08-03 at 7:17 AM, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

If anything we need more MR restrictions.  Every new player I talk to is overwhelmed by everything on their plate to the point of shutting down.  The game should portion itself out a lot better.

Unfortunately gaining a higher MR does not magically impart important game knowledge, restrictions do nothing but timegate new players, beyond that they serve zero useful purpose..

On 2019-08-02 at 8:57 PM, Scar.brother.help.me said:

MR0 is a whole other experience. I think MR shouldn't stop any quest and planets progress. Starting gear and mr0 arsenal is enough to open every node on the map.

I'm all for no restrictions on bog standard starchart stuff leaving MR restrictions only on weapons/side quests, syndicates & augments etc, but for standard story stuff its really not welcome.

41 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

a MR0 is no weaker than a MR27, warframe isnt wow, there is no stats upgrade in levels, many fearless true 0s have pimp gear and max lvl mods.

True, but normal progression through the star chart gives you access to un broken and more powerful mods and the opportunity to farm endo to level those mods. Thus giving you the opportunity to take on the content that is MR restricted. The reason the restrictions are in place isn't just because of experience, it's because newer players simply dont have the necessary tools to run those missions effectively. Its assumed your MR will go up while youre gaining the things you actually need to run those missions.

Edited by (PS4)Smooth81Criminal

1 hour ago, (PS4)Smooth81Criminal said:

True, but normal progression through the star chart gives you access to un broken and more powerful mods and the opportunity to farm endo to level those mods. Thus giving you the opportunity to take on the content that is MR restricted. The reason the restrictions are in place isn't just because of experience, it's because newer players simply dont have the necessary tools to run those missions effectively. Its assumed your MR will go up while youre gaining the things you actually need to run those missions.

time is the only thing required to get those tools mentioned, as in mods and endo for mod ranks, again, MR does not factor in here only time played, you can easily stay rank 0 and play long enough to get enough endo to max out all the very few needed mods to cope with starchart rated missions, rank 0s could just as easily endo/mod farm in hydron or helene, only boredom is their nemesis.