Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dog Days: Make "kills" grant additional Pearls

Duality52

It takes up to 7 hours to unlock all the new toys from Nakak's shop, and even though the event lasts a reasonable time doing the 4th level alert 81 times will get stale.

Instead, the total points the team earns at the end of the round will grant additional Nakak Pearls for the team. On average, you can chunk up over 50 kills or more. This would also promote a more active approach to encourage the entire team to contribute rather than doze off somewhere safe and wait it out,

TLDR: Make the points earned at the end of the match grant the entire team the same amount of Pearls.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

-Snip-

It takes 7 hours of this game mode to get enough pearls to unlock everything. The game mode loses its appeal after half an hour.

The most efficient way to do this mode? Don't kill anything and just jump on a buoy or tree to afk for 5 minutes.

I support kills for pearls.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Duality52 said:

It takes up to 7 hours to unlock all the new toys from Nakak's shop, and even though the event lasts a reasonable time doing the 4th level alert 81 times will get stale.

Instead, the total points the team earns at the end of the round will grant additional Nakak Pearls for the team. On average, you can chunk up over 50 kills or more. This would also promote a more active approach to encourage the entire team to contribute rather than doze off somewhere safe and wait it out,

TLDR: Make the points earned at the end of the match grant the entire team the same amount of Pearls.

I agree with this because it incentivises gameplay which should be the point.  As it stands you can AFK this event and post on the forums and earn 50 pearls while you are responding to a post on the forums 😉

If you incentivise the gameplay the cheesing won't be an issue because it will be faster to grind if you play as intended and thus it won't be such a slog to grind.  Even if it's 1 per kill that's enough to make players want to give a crap.

I won't hold my breath though, instead I'll expect them to patch out the exploit and force players to grind it for literally an entire day cycle to collect the stuff they want even though it's mostly BS cosmetics that are just for fun, and thus, should feel fun to obtain.  This is because DE doesn't seem to remember how to create a rewarding atmosphere since they killed keys and raids.

Upvoted and seconded. This game mode is fun, but doing it dozens of times over the week doesn't sound all that exciting, and players are equally rewarded for a win whether they play or they just afk on the arena's edge for the whole mission. Giving us additional pearls based on kills rewards players for playing this game more actively, and lets players nab all the rewards with a bit less of a time investment. Offset the extra pearls by giving Nakak rewards that players would want multiple copies of (Forma BP, Wisps, etc.). 

However, I don't agree with team-based kill counts netting bonus pearls to be given evenly to the entire team. This would still let players afk while others played the mission. Instead, just give each player 2 bonus pearls for each kill they participate in. This rewards players proportionally to how active they are, and it doesn't favor any frame in particular since all abilities and mods are switched off for this mode.

• Like 1

I agree with this idea, now many just afk after they reach 200 point to farm the pearl.

add 1 pearl / kill sound fine, or maybe better if got streak (5) kill can get 2 pearls until get soaked..

Edited by Avynire

8 hours ago, Duality52 said:

based on this "encourage the entire team to contribute rather than doze off somewhere safe and wait it out"
i think it should NOT be shared "grant the entire team the same amount of Pearls"

team rewards are not really encouragement to contribute, its just more (participation) rewards.
take index for example, people still somewhat afk there.

anything that rewards players without their ACTUAL contribution, will result in afk'ers.

it must be rewarded based on YOUR kills, if you dont kill anything but someone else gets 200 kills, you dont get any extra but the other person gets 200 extra.
yes you will get less than if it was shared, but thats the point, you must EARN your rewards.

Edited by 5p33dy_01
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

it must be rewarded based on YOUR kills, if you dont kill anything but someone else gets 200 kills, you dont get any extra but the other person gets 200 extra.
yes you will get less than if it was shared, but thats the point, you must EARN your rewards.

Where else in Warframe will you find this concept? The game is a coop shooter, not an every-man-for-himself.

If we take that concept, here's how bad it will be:

• You can no longer choose any Relic rewards; you get what you get.
  • The person who opens the Resource Cache, hacks the Spy Vault, or anything similar to that gets the reward, no one else.
  • Only one person can get the Resources, Ayatan Stars/Sculptures, etc.
  • Any kills made by someone gets all the Affinity. It will not be shared/

9 hours ago, Duality52 said:

Where else in Warframe will you find this concept? The game is a coop shooter, not an every-man-for-himself.

If we take that concept, here's how bad it will be:

• You can no longer choose any Relic rewards; you get what you get.
  • The person who opens the Resource Cache, hacks the Spy Vault, or anything similar to that gets the reward, no one else.
  • Only one person can get the Resources, Ayatan Stars/Sculptures, etc.
  • Any kills made by someone gets all the Affinity. It will not be shared/

firstly, i would like to point out that i did not say change EVERY mission/reward. so using extreme scenarios is not necessary.

secondly, there is a large part of the player base that joins for participation rewards, purely because this is not a concept.
index afk, starting bounties then mining or fishing.

CERTAIN rewards need to be based on actual contribution, but dont be stupid about it and make it across the board (or maybe you want to just appear to be short minded for argument sake).

but if you're going to make it a thing, have a base reward and then people that do the most get little incentives.
relics already reward traces when other people choose your reward (incentive to use radiant for silver/gold)
everything else, caches, vaults, or anything similar, can give something
ayatan stars/sculptures can remain the same
affinity already has a sort of balance, it goes to all gear of the other players, where as if you get the skills, its more specific on how its shared on your gear (more to your frame and weapon used or only to your frame)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

I agreed with you up until that point. Kills is meaningless in there, I can go a 2 man round ending with only 1/4 of my husband's kills because he's better at coming in and stealing the last hit from me, so by your logic, even though we both participate equally, only he gets more points because of that. If it went by assists, then yeah, that's incentive enough to participate and be fairly rewarded.

• Like 1

On 2019-08-03 at 2:27 PM, Duality52 said:

This would make it a lot quicker, alternatively, make it more similar to original Rathuum where you have a kill counter that needs to be reached before the round closes. 25 (rathuum) or even 50 kills can be reached very very quickly, even solo, which cuts down on the amount of time quite dramatically.

Personally, I think they could improve the scoring for this and test it out for further events. I would imagine a more dynamic scoring system where the current amount is base given regardless. But based on kills we get bonus pearls, but not in a 1:1 conversion rate. 

Basically how I see it is that the bonus pearls are with either 1 pearl for every 3 kills or 1 pearl for every 2 kills during a single life or 1 pearl for every 5 kills done collectively. The numbers can be played with, but the basics is that some effort is to be put in for that additional bonus to be worth it. 

On 2019-08-03 at 7:27 AM, Duality52 said:

Fully support this! Playing activily should be rewarded.

On 2019-08-04 at 8:11 AM, Caripillar said:

I agreed with you up until that point. Kills is meaningless in there, I can go a 2 man round ending with only 1/4 of my husband's kills because he's better at coming in and stealing the last hit from me, so by your logic, even though we both participate equally, only he gets more points because of that. If it went by assists, then yeah, that's incentive enough to participate and be fairly rewarded.

yes i agree, assists can count when its kill based, as it is usually part of your kill rating.
also if its just based on your kills, that will create a disgruntled community, because everyone will be fighting over kills or something.

my point is that people need to think more co-op, rewarding the entire team when there is a possibility that people can AFK and still get the same rewards as the person who did EVERYTHING, thats not co-op.
by designing a whole system like that, it creates problems that we have now, people going AFK or going off and doing their own thing in pub games.

a team game must revolve around team effort and rewarded as such or not rewarded as much (if at all), generalized rewards is a bit unfair to people that put in the most effort.

there is a whole system that CAN BE and avoid a lot of problems the community has, but i dont think DE would even bother anytime soon (if at all).
various incentives, from bonus rewards to increased drop chances for rarity, all based on how many in the group (as it is mostly a team game) and your contribution towards objectives.