Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sooooo.... Arbitration Drones....

Lutesque

Question

Don't act surprised.... you knew I was going to make this thread eventually.... :) 

okay so.... after realising that Arbitration Drones don't work in The Simulacrum I decided to just jump into the actual mode with and do my testing there...  With Other Players.... wondering what the #*!% I was doing....

okay.... so.... Test 1:

I decided to Throw some Acid covered Pox Balls at some grineer enemies that were tethered to a drone.... and as far as I could tell in all the Chaos.... yes... You can strip the armor off Enemies despite their Invincibility.... I mean this isn't new... thats what shattering impact does... but it turns out you can do this with Corrosive Procs aswell.

which is good... because even though I wasn't lifting a finger to help anyone. I was the only one who bothered to bring Corrosive Projection to the 2nd Toughest Faction in The game....

Tes 2:

I was actually going to do this next.... but then I got lazy....

hence this read....

has anyone tested what we can still do to enemies that are still tethered to drones ?

Rad Procs ? Heat Procs ? Blast Proc Loops with Mutalist Cernos ? Diverting Aggro ?

edit:

okay so I ran some more tests and it turns out I was all wrong....

Enemies tethered to the drone are immune to everything...including status effects. 

I don't know how I was able to proc Corrosive Before  but after going in as the host tjis time I couldn't Proc Anything....

Edited by Lutesque

18 answers to this question

There are times I have to two shot.
In 1 - 2 hours arbitration runs I don't think I've ever failed to two shot a drone.
And mostly 1 shot.
That's good enough for me.

I've not seen reason to do longer than 2 hours of arbitration.

3 minutes ago, uAir said:

There are times I have to two shot.
In 1 - 2 hours arbitration runs I don't think I've ever failed to two shot a drone.
And mostly 1 shot.
That's good enough for me.

I've not seen reason to do longer than 2 hours of arbitration.

You won't always be able to Two Shot The Drone....

Don't know if you've noticed but Arbitration Drones can get buffs from the enemies they are protecting: Nullifiers, Ancient Healers and Mutalist MoAs....

Hey if this has never happened to you then good for you.... theres nothing here for you in this thread.

Aggro definitely works. Stuff like Saryn's Molt or Octavia's Mallet/Resonator work just fine against Arbitration tethered enemies. (works especially great against infested)

Gara's Mass Vitrify keeps enemies at bay just fine as well. Also I think Snowglobe can cut the tether from Drones to enemies if it's inbetween.

Magus Lockdown can still lock everyone including the drones themselves.

That's what I remember from the top of my head, but there's probably much more.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Gaelic-_-Flame said:

Aggro definitely works. Stuff like Saryn's Molt or Octavia's Mallet/Resonator work just fine against Arbitration tethered enemies. (works especially great against infested)

Gara's Mass Vitrify keeps enemies at bay just fine as well. Also I think Snowglobe can cut the tether from Drones to enemies if it's inbetween.

Magus Lockdown can still lock everyone including the drones themselves.

That's what I remember from the top of my head, but there's probably much more.

Eggcelent... didn't know this about Snow Globe. :)

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Don't know if you've noticed but Arbitration Drones can get buffs from the enemies they are protecting: Nullifiers, Ancient Healers and Mutalist MoAs....

Whoa, what? When the first Infested Arbitration came out, many knew the problem with the drones getting immunity from Ancient Healers. DE made the change to exempt them from the buff.

So if you’re experiencing it - that’s a bug.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NekroArts said:

Whoa, what? When the first Infested Arbitration came out, many knew the problem with the drones getting immunity from Ancient Healers. DE made the change to exempt them from the buff.

Seems like they didn't fix it Properly because its still happening.... 

Drones under The healers Aura are still tanky as all hell...

The problem also extends to Mutalist MoAs since they can give the drones a metric #*!% ton of Armor....

I thought tethered drones could walk through vitrify.  

Tonkor and penta take care of drones pretty well. 

Imo they should add variations of the drone to the different rounds. Drones one round, those never implemented eximus enemies with weakpoints, and then scrambus and such for the corpus. 

It baffles me that the drones are arbiterbased but are present every faction. 

A nice chance for kuva siphons to spawn on grineer rounds, index style wagering for corpus, relic cracking for corrupt, and nothing for infested because no one loves the infested. 

4 hours ago, PookieNumnums said:

I thought tethered drones could walk through vitrify.  

They can while its still expanding.... I don't know if they can enter it once its set though.... I always smash it for splinter storm.

4 hours ago, PookieNumnums said:

Tonkor and penta take care of drones pretty well. 

I mean.... yeah but. Thats a whole lot of Risk for just the drone....

If you can´t one or two shot the drones you should not enter Arbitrations with a random Group, go and Level up your mods and builds. Nobody wants to carry someone who can´t even kill those drones (in random Groups, if you go with Friends that carry you it´s another Story)

8 hours ago, (XB1)ZAYNE 79 said:

If you can´t one or two shot the drones you should not enter Arbitrations with a random Group, go and Level up your mods and builds. Nobody wants to carry someone who can´t even kill those drones (in random Groups, if you go with Friends that carry you it´s another Story)

My Mods Are Maxed and Short of using Rivens and Primed mods my whole setup is optimized right down to my companions....

I don't know whats going on when you play but the drones interacting with Special units makes them hard to kill....

Mind you when a level 120 Corruped Bombard shows up I can two shot it just fine but if a drone comes in with an ancient healer in its party it takes more than two shots....

Nullifiers are even more problematic since even punch through doesn't work on the he bubble...

If none of this has ever happened to you then you have no business being here. You're giving advice based on something you simply haven't had to deal with...

22 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Don't act surprised

Hmm, a lutesque thread.  I am amazed that the original post didn't have the usual "I am so much better of a player than you" comment and the "you are not worth my time" comments.

I don't think I can deal with it....!

My Mods Are Maxed and Short of using Rivens and Primed mods my whole setup is optimized right down to my companions....

Mind you when a level 120 Corruped Bombard shows up I can two shot it just fine

Look at how pro they ar! Bow down to them now!

you have no business being here

And there it is.

Once again the universe makes sense. I feel much better now.

For the rest of us who live in the real world, Arbitration drones do not get damage reduction from ancient healers, and also tend to not stick to a group of enemies too long since they have weird movement patterns.

In the rare instances where you ABSOLUTELY need to kill the enemeis before the drone, just walk backwards a few seconds and the enemies usually move out of range from the drones. I don't know if they fixed the pathfinding, but then again I have never had trouble killing the glowing red ball floating in the air.  Just need a weapon with good burst damage, which you should have on you ANYWAY if you are doing Arbitrations.

Edited by CephalonDizzy

I have no need nor desire to stay past an hour.  and certainly regardless of any auras or other buffs the drones aren't even noticeable.

The only time I ever had an issue with them at all was the one time I played Nidus and spent more time managing my p-link due to drones in the next room cancelling it by linking through walls than actually enjoying using Nidus.  Never again.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

I have no need nor desire to stay past an hour.  and certainly regardless of any auras or other buffs the drones aren't even noticeable.

Don't know what game you're playing but in Warframe everbody notices those drones....

The only time I don't notice them is when the shader thats suppose to clearly hilight The Drones.... fails to render....

Yes.... even after the Hotfix this still happens alot....

edit:

Enemies tethered to the drone are immune to everything...including status effects. 

I don't know how I was able to proc Corrosive Before  but after going in as the host tjis time I couldn't Proc Anything....

On 2019-08-06 at 6:50 AM, Lutesque said:

edit:

Nice of you to admit it.

On 2019-08-06 at 6:50 AM, Lutesque said:

If you would have actual taking the time to read up about it on the Wiki, or asked anyone and would have been willing to listen, you would have known that before you even started this thread.

At least you finally figured it out.

Good on you.

2 hours ago, (PS4)kite9000 said:

Nice of you to admit it.

I never denied it in the first place....

2 hours ago, (PS4)kite9000 said:

If you would have actual taking the time to read up about it on the Wiki, or asked anyone and would have been willing to listen, you would have known that before you even started this thread.

At least you finally figured it out.

Good on you.

The I read the wiki... didn't help.... and Some People are Ass Holes.... sometimes you just gotta do things yourself....