Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is this Hunhow's remains?

WoodedSkate89

55 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

There's lore fragments you can find all over the plains that explain who the pieces belong to.

I won't spoil anything, but I will put it simply: These remains don't belong to Hunhow.

Can you explain it (I really cba to go out and find them all)

58 minutes ago, LupoDWolf said:

no, they are the remains of the sentient that gara killed and then fragments of it became he eidolons

Well, "killed"

Mask of the Revenant hints that - if left undisturbed, given time - it can still put itself back together.

• Like 2

Just now, WoodedSkate89 said:

But that was all that remained of him (I'm pretty sure)

Cuz he lost his physical body and we destroyed his consciousness 

Him "dying" in the old war was just a ruse, a faked death, and the reason he remained down there was because Lotus/Natah didn't wake him up after manipulating us into killing the emperors. His body is still down there, chilling. And i don't think we destroyed his consciousness/mind at all. Atleast not beyond the ability for him to recover.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

But that was all that remained of him (I'm pretty sure)

Cuz he lost his physical body and we destroyed his consciousness 

You can find a part of his body in a rare Uranus sharkwing tile and you can hear groaning and creaking coming from it. And in the revenant quest it 'talks' about sentients coming back to life given time.

Hunhow's physical form is trapped on one of Uranus' ocean moons, in a tomb beneath the waves. In the Natah quest we take extra measures to keep him contained, but we don't know how long that will last; and even then, his fragments continue their scouting runs and harrassing the Tenno.

"A focused blast could release the magma flows beneath and rebury the tomb. Protect the bomb during its lengthy arming process."

In Octavia's Anthem Hunhow found another way to rid the Tenno of an essential resource: their cephalons, using their (computational?) power to shield Sentient fragments and enable them to enter the void.

But we beat him back a second time.

I suspect that Sentients in the coming New War will attempt to free him.

Edited by Aldrr

14 minutes ago, Cyclouros said:

Him "dying" in the old war was just a ruse, a faked death, and the reason he remained down there was because Lotus/Natah didn't wake him up after manipulating us into killing the emperors. His body is still down there, chilling. And i don't think we destroyed his consciousness/mind at all. Atleast not beyond the ability for him to recover.

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but who are the emperors 

1 minute ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but who are the emperors 

The seven emperors of the Orokin Empire.

Yeah i don't know why a single empire had seven emperors at once but that's how it is.

Edited by Cyclouros

30 minutes ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

you kill him in octavias anthem

It would be supremely weird to kill off a main villain with unresolved, relevant plot threads to the main story in a side quest.

2 minutes ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

but who are the emperors 

The honoured seven, the council, the executors. They liked giving themselves titles as nobles tend to do.

They were seven extremely old orokin who seemed to delegate elements of the empire amongst each other. For example, Ballas (yes, that Ballas) seemed to be in charge of judicial, honours and military branches. There were also two others named. One was called Tuval, and from what limited information we have, they appeared to be in charge of progression or some such, as they seemed to be involved in 'the plan' - presumably a code for interstellar colonisation - more so than Ballas was. Avantus was another, though the lore that mentions here occurs after the collapse, so normal systems aren't fully functional. The remaining four are left unaccounted for.

We can also assume, given the halls of ascensions (Lua puzzle rooms), matching the number of council members, that each trial matched a virtue that the executor favoured, although which was associated with which is also unknown.

23 minutes ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

but who are the emperors

They are (at the time of posting) referenced once in the entire lore, in (Shadow) Stalker's codex.

We don't know if he was referring to the Congress of Executors, or if there was another level to the Orokin hierarchy that is still yet to be explored in more detail. 🤔

Edited by Aldrr