Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo Doma Thumper Hunting

Jealously_kills

Hunting Doma Thumper and get it down to one green leg box left,  It is either falling through the map or just disappears,
Happened 3 times in a row yesterday, I gave up the hunt.
Anyone know if this hunt is on a timer or is this a bug?
All 3 fights were on left side of the map just past Twin Horns and ER-Phphryan's
I was using Ivara in prowl..on and off..not continuous.
thank you in advance

• Like 1

Have you tried without using Ivara?

It does make me wonder if it randomly despawns after losing it's target.

I solo'd both last week with Nidus and had no issues. I'm not aware if they have a timer either, which might cause despawns.

• Like 1

Tried solo killing that thing with Volt and when I'm almost successive, another Doma show up in the atmosphere... ridiculous ... while the Doma with 1% life is so smart hiding its last green-lit foot... which turns out to be the hunter became the haunted XD -  by 2 Domas...

13 minutes ago, FerockQuartz said:

Tried solo killing that thing with Volt and when I'm almost successive, another Doma show up in the atmosphere... ridiculous ... while the Doma with 1% life is so smart hiding its last green-lit foot... which turns out to be the hunter became the haunted XD -  by 2 Domas...

If you use you operator and go invisible, the Thumper will continue to focus on your now-invincible warframe, while you can sneak around behind and shoot the last leg with your amp.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

If you use you operator and go invisible, the Thumper will continue to focus on your now-invincible warframe, while you can sneak around behind and shoot the last leg with your amp.

my operator & amp isn't well-built enough just yet... *sad* -  but I'll take note and thanks ^^

I hunted Thumpers 3 times overall (several of them each time). Used Chroma, Loki and Ivara. The only problem I had with them is they charged Loki even when invisible if I didn't have my decoy spawned. Other than that all went just fine.

3 hours ago, Jealously_kills said:

Hunting Doma Thumper and get it down to one green leg box left,  It is either falling through the map or just disappears,
All 3 fights were on left side of the map just past Twin Horns and ER-Phphryan's
thank you in advance

My build was just Rhino Prime + Zenurik + Buzlok. Radiation damage. Once you've got it down to one leg, wait for it to start pounding the ground; it will sit perfectly still during this attack, letting you walk behind it thanks to Iron Skin, put a Buzlok homing beacon on the last leg, and just hold down the fire button until it finally dies

10 hours ago, Jealously_kills said:

thank you in advance

How long is it taking you? 

Just as a general tip the leg hp is "shared" in that every 25% the last green spot shot is the one destroyed so you can damage one of the easier legs first then go for the leg that's opposite the two weapons. Really helped to know that as I used to use Loki for them and that last leg was always a pain with them turning.

7 hours ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

Yeah, they are some kind of new masters.. they were able to knock me down multiple times with rhino even though I had my iron skin up which gives immunity >_>

The stomp for some reason is not counted as a status similar to the noxious crawlers vomit. Both of them completely ignore ironskins immunity.

Finally,  Got to kill the Doma Thumper and have it actually count in Night wave.
Took 5 more tries...I guess I was hard headed and kept using Ivara, no riven lanka, and my catchmoon.
Appreciate all of your comments.
Hopefully, DE will see this post and maybe fix the issue and remove the "timer' if there is one.
Again thank you !

5 hours ago, Xinoxlx said:

The stomp for some reason is not counted as a status similar to the noxious crawlers vomit. Both of them completely ignore ironskins immunity.

Yes.... this has happened to me...

Typical Warframe... never consistent....

18 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Why Ivara?

I used Nova when doing mine, slowed the heck out of the Domas and was easy to shoot their weakspots.

I said WITHOUT using Ivara, as in if he/she tried using another warframe.

I just used Nidus (perm regen never kills you from anything) and my Quartakk. When you have a modded Quartakk with high ROF critting for 4k on hits, it kills them fast. I don't find their turning speed that terrible, as you can "skip dodge" and fire to keep up with them anyway.

I see people have mentioned Operator skills too, however I've never bothered doing a daily Focus cap grind.