Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new protosomid shoulder...

Riger82

It only works on the left shoulder? I was so excited when I saw it. Then I saw that unlike every other shoulder attachment I can think of, it only goes on one shoulder? Can we please have the ability to put it on both shoulders? For symmetry, if nothing else. Otherwise I'm never even going to use the thing.

QoTl7y3.png

Edited by Riger82
  • Like 1

Edit: I'm a dummy, I was thinking of Provvok I think.

This is the Grineer head ornament, right? I can't see it working with two identical pieces, it's supposed to be a trophy, a unique object. I would appreciate a smaller, head-less but otherwise matching shoulder piece, though. I've been trying out various rugged armor pieces on my huntress Ivara to complement it and haven't found a good aesthetic match yet.

Edited by sinnae

Its the new nightwave infested shoulder...that only goes on the left shoulder, for some unknown reason. Every other shoulder part can go on both.

You would think people would look up the item before commenting, lol.

If it goes on both shoulders, you'll see infested tentacles on both sides, so no idea what attachment you're referring to, Drachnyn.

I could honestly do without the arrows sticking out of it, though. But I love the part that hangs down the back.

Edit: I added a link for anyone who doesn't know what the item is in the original post.

Edited by Riger82

1 hour ago, Riger82 said:

Every other shoulder part can go on both.

Untrue, the Provvok shoulder guard also goes on one shoulder, hence the mistake. You'd think people would fact-check before making statements like this 😛 

8 hours ago, (PS4)corpusbonds said:

I wouldn’t mind an option for either or, but I think it’d be too much for both.

That being said, we have the Provvok armor that’s only on one side and it works fine.

Symmetry is beauty. Even for a grotesque, tentacled monstrosity of a shoulder guard.

hate being lopsided. That's the main reason i want it able to be on both shoulders. I love the look. But I despise the single shoulder bit.

Also, I don't have the Provvok shoulder. I don't think I've ever even heard of it before. After looking it up, I completely understand why I never looked into it. It does look a bit like something from Borderlands, though 😛 A psycho mask with a cleaver in it would fit right in there. How old is it?

Edited by Riger82
  • Like 1

On 2019-08-20 at 3:41 AM, Riger82 said:

unlike every other shoulder attachment I can think of

Actually all shoulder armor in the game are either for left or for right arm, so you basically ask to add another item?

Usually shoulders are similar to each other but not always. Check Harkonar Wraith armor for example.

Also historically armor often had one side stronger than another because arm with a shield need better protection while arm with a weapon need better mobility, just google medieval armor and see for yourself.

Edited by Syasob

1 hour ago, Riger82 said:

Symmetry is beauty. Even for a grotesque, tentacled monstrosity of a shoulder guard.

hate being lopsided. That's the main reason i want it able to be on both shoulders. I love the look. But I despise the single shoulder bit.

Also, I don't have the Provvok shoulder. I don't think I've ever even heard of it before. After looking it up, I completely understand why I never looked into it. It does look a bit like something from Borderlands, though 😛 A psycho mask with a cleaver in it would fit right in there. How old is it?

Uhm, at least over a year. Possibly even more.. I think it came with the Pacifism Defect (alongside it, not as a prize). Has an obsidian version as well.

1 hour ago, Syasob said:

Actually all shoulder armor in the game are either for left or for right arm, so you basically ask to add another item? Usually shoulders are similar to each other but not always. Check Harkonar Wraith armor for example.

Also historically armor often had one side stronger then another because arm with a shield need better protection while arm with a weapon need better mobility, just google medieval armor and see for yourself.

All armors are not for specific shoulders. Apparently, all but two can be placed on either shoulder and are counted as a single item. I know that the Harkonar shoulders are asymmetrical. But they also came as a total set and not individual pieces. So that point is a bit invalid. Even the regular Harkonar shoulder plates come as a two piece set. You can't get just one. Also, don't say 'all' when you only have a single example. That's just silly.

Also, trying to judge something by 'historic' standards in a game set in the future with super tech and a claim of 'space ninjas' that only has three actual 'ninja' type frames seems a bit pointless, doesn't it? Especially when you throw in all the magical powers.

And even going with the pointlessness... Shoulder pauldrons quite often were a set of symmetrical plates. Only certain time perdiods and certain countries had the style of asymmetrical  shoulder armor. Saying 'look up medieval' means diddly considering that was an era. Science and mettalurgy advanced throughout, changing the armor styles constantly. Germany had a few, I remember. Though some German armors were more spikes and sharp edges than actual armor for intimidation purposes, as well. Unless you're counting the cheap 'cobbled together' armor that the footsoldiers and peasants had to wear.

Edited by Riger82

Yeah i wish it was on both shoulders as well...
Although, yeah, Stuff like banshee prime, harkonar, etc have either lopsided or single arm shoulders.
I just wish this wasn't the case, especially because it has that "cape" on it... Its weird with Syandanas, and it's weirder NOT having a syandana... So i ended up using the Wolf one...
I don't think it would be too much with both arms though... In fact i think mirrored, on Saryn Prime, for example, would look great.

Edited by ReaverKane

8 hours ago, ReaverKane said:

Yeah i wish it was on both shoulders as well...
Although, yeah, Stuff like banshee prime, harkonar, etc have either lopsided or single arm shoulders.
I just wish this wasn't the case, especially because it has that "cape" on it... Its weird with Syandanas, and it's weirder NOT having a syandana... So i ended up using the Wolf one...
I don't think it would be too much with both arms though... In fact i think mirrored, on Saryn Prime, for example, would look great.

I like it on my Nidus. I even removed the deluxe skin to see how well it went with him. The only problem is that Nidus lacks glowy bits, so you have to dull those a little on the shoulder to 'match'.

In regards to Banshee and Banshee Prime's shoulder pads...I use the deluxe skin and tossed the Saturn Six shoulder guards on her. It actually matches well enough that I don't notice it anymore.

Edit: I really do hate the lopsided look, lol.

Edited by Riger82

16 hours ago, Riger82 said:

All armors are not for specific shoulders. Apparently, all but two can be placed on either shoulder and are counted as a single item. I know that the Harkonar shoulders are asymmetrical. But they also came as a total set and not individual pieces. So that point is a bit invalid. Even the regular Harkonar shoulder plates come as a two piece set. You can't get just one. Also, don't say 'all' when you only have a single example. That's just silly.

May be because of bad formatting but you mixed up my statements and example. The first point was that cosmetics are not just a single item that can be put on any arm but two separate items. Some pieces even have 'left' or 'right' in their names.

The second point was that there're already 2+ armor sets with asymmetrical pauldrons. Harkonar was just an example. As for armor that has only one arm part check Banshee, she has her own left shoulder piece but no right.

16 hours ago, Riger82 said:

Also, trying to judge something by 'historic' standards in a game set in the future with super tech and a claim of 'space ninjas' that only has three actual 'ninja' type frames seems a bit pointless, doesn't it? Especially when you throw in all the magical powers.

I wasn't judging. My point is that asymmetrical armor is not some crime against style.

This idea is something I have wanted for a VERY long time... ever since the dendra armor came out....

The Dendra, Kuva, Maggor, or whatever assymetrical pieces should offer you a mirrored version for the other arm.  It should be fairly easy to implement, as the models, if you even needed to make new ones should be alot easier to develop as you already have a huge asset. 

As far as the size argument I've heard before...  my response is that I don't care if its big and bulky, DE has already decided to let you see through obstructive shoulder pieces before, and this should be no exception... one of the most important parts of this game is FASHIONFRAME, and this is one part of FASHION thats seriously lacking.

Le 20/08/2019 à 02:41, Riger82 a dit :

It only works on the left shoulder? I was so excited when I saw it. Then I saw that unlike every other shoulder attachment I can think of, it only goes on one shoulder? Can we please have the ability to put it on both shoulders? For symmetry, if nothing else. Otherwise I'm never even going to use the thing.

QoTl7y3.png

I don't see what's wrong with asymmetry, it's perfectly fine even if it doesn't suit your personal taste for some reasons. I wouldn't mind being able to choose which shoulder i put it on though, on Deluxe Saryn for example.

On 2019-08-23 at 4:25 AM, 000l000 said:

I don't see what's wrong with asymmetry, it's perfectly fine even if it doesn't suit your personal taste for some reasons. I wouldn't mind being able to choose which shoulder i put it on though, on Deluxe Saryn for example.

This is 'feedback'. As in 'my own personal feelings about the content'. So my disliking asymmetry is completely applicable.

Edited by Riger82

On 2019-08-20 at 7:03 AM, Riger82 said:

Last time I checked, the frames themselves are often asymmetrical. So..... 

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Most aren't. Or have a skin that aren't. Or the asymmetrical part can be altered, swapped, or removed like Banshee's single shoulder plate on both normal and prime.

What frames stay asymmetrical no matter what?

'Often' means quite a few of them should be... But I can't think of many at all that are asymmetrical. I'm quite curious of your 'often'.

Edit: I see the sash on Baruuk, but the rest is symmetrical. A leg part of Saryn. And Revenant. Those are the only ones I see. Nidus technically counts because the lumpy texture isn't perfectly mirrored, but it isn't nearly as obvious. But I use his deluxe skin, which is symmetrical. And as I sad above, Banshee's shoulder spike can be unequipped by sticking any other shoulder plate on it. Mine is using Saturn Six pauldrons, for example.

So Baruuk, Saryn, and Revenant are the only ones that can't be made symmetrical with a skin. That's 3 out of...how many frames now? Wiki says 66. So a whopping 1 in 22 is your 'often', lol.

Edited by Riger82

Saryn is asymmetrical in... all of her skins? Or at least most of them. I would like the option for symmetry just because it is not often we get such huge shoulder and, while I never played the game for more than a few hours, I love the oversized pauldrons that WoW and Blizzard in general overuse like crazy. To a degree, everything in moderation.

I would like the arrows removed though, it is supposed to be a benign infestation existing symbiotically, not the chopped off head of an ancient shot with a few arrows. That or at least change the description so the lore buff in me isn't annoyed.

1 minute ago, Cloudyvisage said:

Saryn is asymmetrical in... all of her skins? Or at least most of them. I would like the option for symmetry just because it is not often we get such huge shoulder and, while I never played the game for more than a few hours, I love the oversized pauldrons that WoW and Blizzard in general overuse like crazy. To a degree, everything in moderation.

I would like the arrows removed though, it is supposed to be a benign infestation existing symbiotically, not the chopped off head of an ancient shot with a few arrows. That or at least change the description so the lore buff in me isn't annoyed.

I listed Saryn as one of the 3 frames that can't be made symmetrical, though. I kind of wish I could get rid of the ugly flower on her deluxe skin's shoulder, since that's the skin I use when I dust her off every few weeks.

2 hours ago, Riger82 said:

Most aren't. Or have a skin that aren't. Or the asymmetrical part can be altered, swapped, or removed like Banshee's single shoulder plate on both normal and prime.

What frames stay asymmetrical no matter what?

'Often' means quite a few of them should be... But I can't think of many at all that are asymmetrical. I'm quite curious of your 'often'.

I'm not going to be spending plat looking for skins just to remove some of the asymmetry, so I don't know what other skins there are. I'm talking about the stock versions of the frames skins. 

There's Excalibur Umbra and his scarf and the hole in his helmet. 

And from the last time I had a chat about this I know that Frost is definitely lopsided. Rhino for sure, the cut of the jacket and the glowing rivets is different on either side, a feature in both normal and prime skins. 

Banshee prime has a sash that's not symmetrical, and her vanilla has a plate on her right thigh. Nova and Nova Prime both have that weird circular collar piece on their left clavicles, and the seams on their suits that runs to the right of the bellybutton, and curving down on the left buttcheek. And Loki is another who has asymmetry in both vanilla and prime, specifically the cut of the jacket and the right leg not matching the left. Same goes for Saryn and Saryn prime if you look at the hips. 

Garuda gas that half Bolero or whatever. And the piping on Nezha's jacket towards the shoulders has always looked lopsided to me. The loop on his left looks more open than the right. Nidus has that bandolero thing going from right shoulder to left hip and around back. Revenant has the one sided energy mist thing going on. 

Regular Mesa has that button by her collar, and Nekros Prime has his guts out on display, guts aren't symmetrical. Regular Nyx has those odd splotches notably asymmetrical on chest and abdomen if you have a lighter colour as the primary. Regular Valkyr has some piping by her left ribcage and by her right abdomen. Wisp has that neck scarf thing going on. And Harrow has that skirt thing in the front of him, as well as his regular helmet has a faceplate with uneven energy pips. 

Ivara has something weird with all of the helmets I have for her, and those arrows on her left upper arm. 

So.... Yeah, I stand by my statement. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

So....... 

:clem:

8 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

So.... Yeah, I stand by my statement. 

None of which matters, since I included anything that makes them symmetrical in the argument. So since 'regular' and 'prime' are skins, they also count. As well as deluxe skins. Whether it be helmet, skin, or an annoying shoulder plate you can alter/remove. I've ground out items to trade for plat, and have not paid for anything in-game at all other than once or twice six years ago back when you couldn't trade plat. Your choice to not spend plat means little as an added stipulation, since i'm willing to spend the plat traded from other players to get skins and accessories that can make them symmetrical.

For instance, you forgot Limbo's heads all being asymmetrical due to their patterns/colorations. But I use the deluxe skin for him, so it wouldn't matter anyways. Or Mirage's patterning that make the color scheme asymmetrical unless you paint both areas the same. But I'm using prime, which doesn't have that issue.

Not sure what you mean by Frost being lopsided, though. My Frost Prime looks fine. Though its also nearly all black and hot white for accents, so maybe there's a color scheme i just can't remember. Same for my deluxe skin Rhino.

Its also hard to count some of the single pieces of cloth, such as the fragment on Garuda's chest since I can't even see the thing while playing her, lol. If I can't see it, it obviously can't bug me, right?

Many of my frames are mostly black with some other color for accents, as well. Which makes many of the things you're pointing out invisible, so symmetrical.

I had forgotten Ivara's arrows, I'll admit. I can't even remember the last time I've used her.

For my Umbra i'm using the Dex skin, so there is no scarf. They finally removed the hideous thing along with the arm U's that I hated. And when unlocked, Umbra came with both a broken and unbroken helmet. You didn't need to buy, craft, or anything for the unbroken one. It was just given in the same quest that gave the frame.

So add Ivara and her arrows to the three I named that you can't make symmetrical. 4/66.

Anyways, I think this has gone far enough off-topic, since the topic was about a very specific item only being allowed to be equipped on the left shoulder only.