Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just Tested Venari, now I understand the Khora hate, so much wasted potential, that could be fixed with one tweak.

TheArcSet

Tested and basically, whiles Khora's main flaw is that she needs to min/max to be great at one thing, and isn't the best multi-tasker, leading to her being niche, or a Jill of all trades, Venari's the reason people don't like her.

Venari is ridiculously a bizarrely lukewarm mess.

All this stems from one fact, she doesn't have any regular non-ability attacks, and her ability attacks don't scale off crit (outside external buffs) or her unused (therefore totally useless) inflated status chance, or the kavat mods (that she can still equip 😞).

She either does decent-ish, but super nerfed damage to one enemy, once every 3 seconds, or does no damage at all.

DE made her a neutered kitty and that sucks; especially when you can pair her with an effective cat, that if you forwent support and modded for it, could dish out insane DPS.

The only current reason to ever have Venari out of her heal posture is if duelling or facing a boss/mini-boss that doesn't have status immunity and the design being responsible for that sucks.

Come on DE, just let her clawing things. She doesn't need to use snare, or better yet, maker her only use her precepts when commanded and let her behave like a cat the rest of the time.

That alone would make her pretty awesome.

Edited by TheArcSet

Venari is just useless besides being a Healing bot.

-Single Target Disarm (useless)
-Single target Damage skill (More or less Useless)
-No positive Buffs beside Healing and a negligible sprint boost not counting the augment 

I do honestly think khora would do better without Venari weighing her down. 

also

15 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

If anybody still hates Khora, it’s going to be over Strangledome. Venari has issues but Strangledome is by and large one of the most annoying abilities for squadmates.

This ^^^ when their dangling they're hard to hit. It would be better if merely shooting in between the gaps of the dome deals damage to everyone within/dangling from the dome.

• Like 1

Really the only problem with Khora is that 2 of the 3 abilities are useless on Venari.  Perma disarming one enemy isn't valuable.  Baruuk "gets away with it" because he can semi spam it.  If disarming was something Venari did passively in addition to what she can do normally then it would be fine.  And attack you really only switch to if you want her to use snare for whatever reason.

Venari is fantastic for exactly one thing, and thats healing Khorra.

Funnily enough, it is by NOT using Venari’s healing mode. Its sad that even with a very high strength build, her dedicated healing mode is downright terrible in comparison to a build that heals you with Hunter Recovery. Plus you no longer have to worry about the tiny heal radius, thats the thing i hated the most.

Im so glad i switched to a max range-neg strength build. I can CC entire rooms, and still be healed for what feels like 200+ health per second, i love it lol.

Venari needs alot of work, but Khorra is still my go-to for solo 1hr+ Kuva Survival.

Edited by (PS4)SnakeLogic

9 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

If anybody still hates Khora, it’s going to be over Strangledome. Venari has issues but Strangledome is by and large one of the most annoying abilities for squadmates.

However it's a real hidden meta for excavation. Tried it with max range on arbitration. It's perfect for this mission time. Same for Kuva farm. Really efficient if you can have a good support.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I don’t care. It makes shooting things impossible in a game that’s about shooting things.

If the Khora isn't terrible, nothing the dome snags will live long enough for you to shoot. If you whip any enemy caught by strangledome, every enemy in the dome takes half the damage dealt. 1-2 uses of Whipclaw should kill everything in the dome if she's built right.

Edited by nooneyouknow13
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, (PS4)SnakeLogic said:

Venari is fantastic for exactly one thing, and thats healing Khorra.

Funnily enough, it is by NOT using Venari’s healing mode. Its sad that even with a very high strength build, her dedicated healing mode is downright terrible in comparison to a build that heals you with Hunter Recovery. Plus you no longer have to worry about the tiny heal radius, thats the thing i hated the most.

Im so glad i switched to a max range-neg strength build. I can CC entire rooms, and still be healed for what feels like 200+ health per second, i love it lol.

Venari needs alot of work, but Khorra is still my go-to for solo 1hr+ Kuva Survival.

Im right there with you. I actually use all 3 of her augments with 40% strength and simply love the build. And when I slapped Hunter Recovery on Venari, that made the build perfect. I actually ended up changing a couple of mods on my smeeta to include Hunter Recovery on her too. Since I almost exclusively use a smeeta, all my frames get constant health regen and it comes in huge chunks. Especially Khora because she gets heals from both kitties.

10 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I don’t care. It makes shooting things impossible in a game that’s about shooting things.

This game is not about shooting things.

This game is about completing the objective with efficiency and creativity.

If you're here only to "shoot things" I have bad news for you. Also there's new CoD coming next month... Just in case you wish to "shoot things".

Edited by TeaHawk

As someone who plays Khora a lot I can agree that the different modes for Venari are lackluster. I have Hunter Recovery on Venari so i usually keep her in the first mode for some nice burst healing, I never use the second mode because disarming one enemy isn't very good and I do use the healing mode, if I'm playing excavation to heal the excavators or if I notice an ally is low on health so Venari can passively heal them. 

It would be nice if Venari's different modes got buffed, but at least now a couple of them are mildly useful.

As for Strangledome it would be nice if enemies didn't move when shot while captured by it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Then why are there guns?

To rank up them and reach higher mastery rank of course. Why you're asking?

All I'm trying to say it that warframe is not a straight-forward shooter. Shooting mechanics is far from being the best thing in this game. You can still enjoy it, but it's only a part of gameplay, and there's much more do discover when actually you stop shooting things and get some smart build.

Edited by TeaHawk
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

And how do you complete things? With guns. Usually the most outlandish and powerful combination of guns

If you complete the most of objectives while brainlessly shooting, I have bad news for you as well.

Rescue: no shots required
Spy: no shots required

Capture: 1 shot required
Mobile defense: no shots required
Excavation: no shots required

Shall I continue?

There's actually only a couple of game modes, there you should use your weapon in permanence: for instance it's arbitration. 

This game gives you a lot of smarter and more efficient ways to eliminate the threat than just shooting it.

Strangledome is far more effective than one idiot with a gun in terms of defense. And criticizing it for this is like criticizing the core gameplay.

Also, if you're trying to shoot enemies who are captured by strangledome, you probably don't know, what you're doing and what is the point of CC.
However, I can understand your frustration if you've got to play with Khora on defense. It must have been as painful as slow nova. Although, this is not a design flaw, that's player's fault. He should not have taken Khora on defense at the first place.

Edited by TeaHawk

2 hours ago, TeaHawk said:

If you complete the most of objectives while brainlessly shooting, I have bad news for you as well.

Rescue: no shots required
Spy: no shots required

Capture: 1 shot required
Mobile defense: no shots required
Excavation: no shots required

Shall I continue?

There's actually only a couple of game modes, there you should use your weapon in permanence: for instance it's arbitration. 

This game gives you a lot of smarter and more efficient ways to eliminate the threat than just shooting it.

Strangledome is far more effective than one idiot with a gun in terms of defense. And criticizing it for this is like criticizing the core gameplay.

Also, if you're trying to shoot enemies who are captured by strangledome, you probably don't know, what you're doing and what is the point of CC.
However, I can understand your frustration if you've got to play with Khora on defense. It must have been as painful as slow nova. Although, this is not a design flaw, that's player's fault. He should not have taken Khora on defense at the first place.

It very much is a design flaw. Hydroids 4 used to have similar issues, but they fixed that by slowing the rate at which enemies flailed around. They should attempt to do something similar with strangledome 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

It very much is a design flaw. Hydroids 4 used to have similar issues, but they fixed that by slowing the rate at which enemies flailed around. They should attempt to do something similar with strangledome 

You can say exact same thing about Limbo and you will be right. Except that Khora is supposed to use her 1 on the srangledome and deal immense damage to all enemies captured. It is extremely efficient. If player decides to not use this mechanics then it is a player's fault. You cannot oversee player stupidity. You can always ruin someone else's gameplay in this game. Take nekros and start spamming mobs to consume all energy from Oberon's healing. Take slow nova on defense or fast nova on disruption. You can't say that something is badly designed just because of a bunch of idiots being unaware how to properly use it.

Edited by TeaHawk