Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There is a lack of insectoid warframes

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

Personally. I wouls love to see a frame named:

Arachne:  she could have 4 extra arms appear.

Passive:  she could  have inate enemy sense while touching the floor.  Just like a spider senses things in their web.

1: Venom Shot - sprays forth toxin that can damage in cone and cause toxin

2: Web (Insert cooler name here) -Places a web on the ground.  While.  This starts off as a slow.  Then a full imobilize.  Finally it will become a stun. While in the web Arachne deals more damage with melee weapons to enemies trapped.  Or using her poison cone.

3: Spiderlings: Arachne throws web eggs that stick to her opponents (Silent and does not alert)  pressing the 3 again will cause them to hatch causing them to burst open revealing her brood of children.  These baby spiders cause panic like fire, and inflict low level toxin damage.  These will scurry outwords causing panic to each enemy.  Their pattern would behave similar to Zephyrs tornados (unpredictable at best)

4: Deaths grasp (Channel).  Arachne sprouts 4 extra arms each armed with her exalted weapon.  These hooked swords have their own stance and can lash out with spinning movements with a high modifier for slash.  Finishers would offer a life steal effect which would increase while enemies were trapped in her web.

This is just kind of a fun little idea.  Obviously im not taking it to seriously.

2 minutes ago, Hexsing said:

Personally. I wouls love to see a frame named:

Arachne:  she could have 4 extra arms appear.

Passive:  she could  have inate enemy sense while touching the floor.  Just like a spider senses things in their web.

1: Venom Shot - sprays forth toxin that can damage in cone and cause toxin

2: Web (Insert cooler name here) -Places a web on the ground.  While.  This starts off as a slow.  Then a full imobilize.  Finally it will become a stun. While in the web Arachne deals more damage with melee weapons to enemies trapped.  Or using her poison cone.

3: Spiderlings: Arachne throws web eggs that stick to her opponents (Silent and does not alert)  pressing the 3 again will cause them to hatch causing them to burst open revealing her brood of children.  These baby spiders cause panic like fire, and inflict low level toxin damage.  These will scurry outwords causing panic to each enemy.  Their pattern would behave similar to Zephyrs tornados (unpredictable at best)

4: Deaths grasp (Channel).  Arachne sprouts 4 extra arms each armed with her exalted weapon.  These hooked swords have their own stance and can lash out with spinning movements with a high modifier for slash.  Finishers would offer a life steal effect which would increase while enemies were trapped in her web.

This is just kind of a fun little idea.  Obviously im not taking it to seriously.

Uhhh say what??? ...

448px-TFLegends-Blackarachnia.jpg

Just now, FerockQuartz said:

Physically... aspects are from that Chinese Demon lore... I would vary this brawn ape frame by its natural concept... munching bananas might help but set aside...

I just really think spiders are cool.

But Id be happy with other bugs too.  Just not moths.  Moths freak me out. 

4 minutes ago, Hexsing said:

I just really think spiders are cool.

But Id be happy with other bugs too.  Just not moths.  Moths freak me out. 

The red eyed cicada frame that causes enemies to be annoyed to death and bleed from their ears!

54 minutes ago, FerockQuartz said:

I couldn't help but refer from it... they got a number of insectoid concepts though... an ape frame wouldn't be so bad either...

2272_medium.jpg?1530155854

Where Wukong relies on his agility, Harambe relies on his pure strenght and fury to slaughter his enemies.

A frame that summons insects or implants insects inside enemies that burst out and seek out new enemies to attack would be my main frame if done correctly.

I think it should be a tanky/cc frame that causes status procs. 

One ability could be implanting enemies with eggs which would deal some toxin damage and stun them for a short while. The second ability could be rupture which causes the insects to burst out of the enemies dealing further damage and the insects would seek out nearby enemies to attack. 

Thats as far as I've gotten though, not the best at coming up with ability ideas. 

56 minutes ago, Lokidus_Prime said:

Insects can prove to be an amazing source of inspiration.... and/or nightmare fuel for others. It's wonderful.

Hide contents

img_1947.jpg?crc=428490511

Unless you have allergies, that spider (Huntsman?) is probably completely harmless. From my limited understanding, there aren't very many spiders that can actually hurt you and the ones that can kill you are native to South America and Australia.

Besides, spiders don't really want to waste valuable venom on stupid humans and would rather run away!

Spoiler

46 minutes ago, nslay said:

Unless you have allergies, that spider (Huntsman?) is probably completely harmless. From my limited understanding, there aren't very many spiders that can actually hurt you and the ones that can kill you are native to South America and Australia.

Besides, spiders don't really want to waste valuable venom on stupid humans and would rather run away!

Reveal hidden contents

It's a Tailless Whip Scorpion - while not technically a spider, they are a type of arachnid.  They are indeed harmless and do not possess any venom glands.  However, they do have modified pedipalps that function much like a mantis in that they are spikey and used for grabbing and impaling prey.  Their front legs are also elongated and are used more like antennae to feel their way around.  Not dangerous to humans, but still fascinating little critters none the less.